Alpha Hunter - This kind of outfit bundle is very sad to see

Kozuki

HN2xhcI.jpg

I bought this for my Lyn girl, and like the pic has shown, two adornments out of three are not usable on female characters.

One can say "Give the male-only adornments to a male character. Problem solved!". Too bad, it doesn't solve at all. I don't have a single male character in my account, and don't intend to create one. So the crown and the mask will be forever dust-collectors in my mailbox. I believe many players also play female-only/male-only, and found the adornment for opposite gender useless.

The bundle itself is not cheap: 1,699 Ncoins/HMcoins. Assuming each adornment is 199 coin each (same price as adornments on Daily Speical). If you don't have a male character, you waste 398 coin s for nothing. If you don't have a female character, you waste 199 coin, less but still wasteful.

Now, let say you are rich and buy two outfit bundles, one for female and one for male. Gratz, you now have a spare set of three adornments that are useless, unless you create more characters to use them.

What do I mean to say? Instead of making two bundles of Alpha Hunter for each gender so that players can choose the bundle that fits them more, or sell adornments separately, NCWest, for their greed, adds both gender-exclusive adornments to the bundle, hiking the prices unreasonably. This bundle should have been 1,499 Ncoin/HMcoin for male (two adornments), or 1,299 HMcoin for female (one adornments). But no, by forcing players who want the outfit to buy all three adornments, the price becomes 1,699.

More cha-ching for NCWest, more frustration for players. The recent Trove and the ongoing 21-day Daily Special outfits and the occasional Premium Transformation Stones on F10 has make the currency exchange rate hitting 1:1. I understand that NCWest wants to drain players' supply of HMcoins after the F11 seasons just end, but they should at least find a proper way to sell their stuffs, instead of shoving useless items into a bundle and make players feel forced to buy the outfit they want.

For once I agree with you on something- this bundle is irritating since I have ALL male characters. I do have one female, but that doesn't help when I want the outfit on two of my males, yet I'm being forced to purchase two female adornments I don't even want :/

I also find the 21 day outfit thing irritating, since before, daily specials involving costumes were 599 NCoin and they've jacked it up to 799, forcing you to spend more than you'd want to anyway. I mean, either way, they get more than the costume is worth due to the way NCoin purchases are structured, so I don't get why they felt the need to jack it up even further. (That is, if you aren't using HMCoin to purchase)

And HMCoin has become harder to aquire due to the silverfrost & moonwater daily rewards nerf, since alts now can barely make any gold unless they're geared enough to run bigger dungeons. Which requires gold. >.>;

It's a huge catch 22, and it sucks because I'm in it for the cosmetics, and they've become unaquireable on multiple alts now :/

1 hour ago, RavTH said:

nice modified client you got there.
but it sucks that when you buy a set and half of it is not useable and you just have to discard it cuz you can't do anything with it...

Are you reffering to me about the modified client? I did try the ReShade back in awhile to make the game more beautiful. Does this affect some ingame outfit models?

Just now, Ygnizem said:

Are you reffering to me about the modified client? I did try the ReShade back in awhile to make the game more beautiful. Does this affect some ingame outfit models?

it doesn't give anyone any disadvantages, but they mention it on their first livestream that client modification is kinda forbidden. :s

6 minutes ago, Ygnizem said:

I think he's referring to the OP because they're in game text deviates from the standard client's normal text on their screenshot.

I have the same issue as you do with the outfit models sticking to legs, and I don't mod my client

11 minutes ago, RavTH said:

it doesn't give anyone any disadvantages, but they mention it on their first livestream that client modification is kinda forbidden. :s

I'm still here since the launch of this game :P

Modding is not recommended if you don't know what you are doing, cuz it can potentially corrupt files and crash your client.

1 minute ago, Souba said:

I think he's referring to the OP because they're in game text deviates from the standard client's normal text on their screenshot.

I have the same issue as you do with the outfit models sticking to legs, and I don't mod my client

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that but ima reinstall fresh my client to remove the reshade. Still sad about the outfit, such great design wasted.

Let us stay on topic my friends, or else you may get this thread in trouble.

7 hours ago, Souba said:

I also find the 21 day outfit thing irritating, since before, daily specials involving costumes were 599 NCoin and they've jacked it up to 799.

And HMCoin has become harder to aquire due to the silverfrost & moonwater daily rewards nerf, since alts now can barely make any gold unless they're geared enough to run bigger dungeons. Which requires gold. >.>;

It's a huge catch 22, and it sucks because I'm in it for the cosmetics, and they've become unaquireable on multiple alts now :/

Logged in to say this person is absolutely right.
I had the loudest mouth a few months back about needing new releases dragging NC left and right, but they really stepped up and came through which I am very appreciative about that. Can I just take this opportunity to say I really am thankful? I see you NC, I see you Miss Bethany-I see you Miss Johnica janelle lien and Miss Cyancé and I really do thank you. That costume draught was just TOO much but now onto the new problem

We broke.

Daily deals started out as an out of this world out of the park deal, hence, daily DEAL you know what I'm saying
But somewhere along the way the deal part stopped clocking in and now we're a little confused. Can we make it an ittybittybit more cheaper again?
Unless you're end-game, you're not making any gold either so what about the new kids? Don't we need them to stay too?
You can only deny them so many costumes until they pack it up and move back home to wherever they came from like an unsure college student after half their first semester. You rope in players will great costume prices and you'll have them for years to come. Isn't that the main goal? Think of the big picture. You attract more bees with honey, NC

*Edit, forgot to mention this costume pack. That price is insane and I'd need to pick up like 3 more jobs in Greenhollow before I could even blink in that sets direction + I only need one gender too, so why should I have to pay for both??? You tried it.

I’m pretty sure all new never seen before outfit bundles (outfit + adornment + head piece) in F10 have always cost 1699 NCoin. You are buying 1 outfit set for 1 character. They were nice enough to design a different adornment for a both genders, instead of making it female or male specific. Most of the time, you can’t even wear the adornment without the matching outfit. Yeah, seems like they screwed up making the head piece unavailable to females, so maybe the female set should cost a bit less.

Really though, players have been crying for more new outfits, which the past few new outfits have been really nice, and they’ve been crying for old outfits to be brought back, which they have and at a discounted price.

NCWest is actually giving players what they’ve been asking for, but for some reason people are still complaining. I guess some people won’t be truly happy until they get everything they want for free.

2 hours ago, Nanology said:

I’m pretty sure all new never seen before outfit bundles (outfit + adornment + head piece) in F10 have always cost 1699 NCoin. You are buying 1 outfit set for 1 character. They were nice enough to design a different adornment for a both genders, instead of making it female or male specific. Most of the time, you can’t even wear the adornment without the matching outfit. Yeah, seems like they screwed up making the head piece unavailable to females, so maybe the female set should cost a bit less.

Really though, players have been crying for more new outfits, which the past few new outfits have been really nice, and they’ve been crying for old outfits to be brought back, which they have and at a discounted price.

NCWest is actually giving players what they’ve been asking for, but for some reason people are still complaining. I guess some people won’t be truly happy until they get everything they want for free.

You couldn't be more wrong. New, never before seen outfits do not always cost 1699 NCoin. It's very rare for them to cost THIS MUCH, even with adornments.

Returning outfits used to be 599 Ncoin. They now cost 799. Why are prices being jacked up?

Oh sure, we get what we've been asking for- at inflated prices, and in ways that further shaft the player so that they're unattainable anyway, especially for players who use HM coin as their main means of acquiring in game aesthetics due to silverfrost nerfs.

Wake up.

On 14/04/2018 at 12:39 PM, Nanology said:

they should modify so you could have the mask for females to, it's not so hard for them to do that.

12 hours ago, RavTH said:

they should modify so you could have the mask for females to, it's not so hard for them to do that.

You know female has a lot more exclusives than male, right? It's about time male got a decent exclusive..

5 hours ago, Onbekend said:

You know female has a lot more exclusives than male, right? It's about time male got a decent exclusive..

explain why Spa hoodie for male is a hoodie and for female is some turban -_-or even better Howl at the Moon for male is 2000% much better looking than female, the female version don't even have a fox or anything related to the icon... there were many complains about it already but still wise to point that out still.

On 14/04/2018 at 10:13 AM, Souba said:

Returning outfits used to be 599 Ncoin. They now cost 799. Why are prices being jacked up?

Indeed. I dimly remember paying something like 799 for the crossdress outfits. Can't remember if it was Pink Nurse or Sweet Treat or After School Special. Either way, you can easily find the previous time today's outfit was in the daily rotation. 

CY6xvA4.png

7 hours ago, RavTH said:

explain why Spa hoodie for male is a hoodie and for female is some turban -_-or even better Howl at the Moon for male is 2000% much better looking than female, the female version don't even have a fox or anything related to the icon... there were many complains about it already but still wise to point that out still.

Explain why there's over 5 outfits where the buttons are on the left side (like female clothing).

Explain why there was an event where the reward was a female only outfit. 

Explain why many people change from a male character to female, because the fashion on male is garbage.

Explain why female has around 25 more cosmetics than male.

Explain the existence of Phantom Flower, and why its hat has a justin bieber haircut.

Speaking of hats, explain the Sweet Emotion hat.

Explain F10 rotations where 1 of the outfits is female only, and the other for both genders.

Explain why there's 2 Alice in Wonderland outfits, and male is a joke in both.

Explain why there's 2 Riding Red Hood outfits, and neither have an equivalent for male (not even as the wolf, or anything).

Explain why a great amount of outfits on male, only seem like an afterthought from the female version.

Now, why does female have a turban, instead of a hood? Because male has a flasher-looking robe, and a robe can have a hood. Female, on the other hand, doesn't have this flasher-looking robe, but a towel around them, instead. How would a hood connect to that towel? Right, it wouldn't. Hope that answers that.

6 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Explain why there's over 5 outfits where the buttons are on the left side (like female clothing).

Explain why there was an event where the reward was a female only outfit. 

Explain why many people change from a male character to female, because the fashion on male is garbage.

Explain why female has around 25 more cosmetics than male.

Explain the existence of Phantom Flower, and why its hat has a justin bieber haircut.

Speaking of hats, explain the Sweet Emotion hat.

Explain F10 rotations where 1 of the outfits is female only, and the other for both genders.

Explain why there's 2 Alice in Wonderland outfits, and male is a joke in both.

Explain why there's 2 Riding Red Hood outfits, and neither have an equivalent for male (not even as the wolf, or anything).

Explain why a great amount of outfits on male, only seem like an afterthought from the female version.

Now, why does female have a turban, instead of a hood? Because male has a flasher-looking robe, and a robe can have a hood. Female, on the other hand, doesn't have this flasher-looking robe, but a towel around them, instead. How would a hood connect to that towel? Right, it wouldn't. Hope that answers that.

what you asked can be explained by yourself, but still even shadow runner doesn't look that good on female compare to male in my opinion.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

what you asked can be explained by yourself, but still even shadow runner doesn't look that good on female compare to male in my opinion.

1 or 2 outfits looking better on male, still doesn't take away that dozens of people switch gender to female because male fashion is a joke.

• NCSOFT
On 4/13/2018 at 12:31 PM, Kozuki said:

The bundle itself is not cheap: 1,699 Ncoins/HMcoins. Assuming each adornment is 199 coin each (same price as adornments on Daily Speical). If you don't have a male character, you waste 398 coin s for nothing. If you don't have a female character, you waste 199 coin, less but still wasteful.

Sale prices for costumes (like anything being sold) are based on perceived quality, value, desirability, etc. and not necessarily on the number of items it includes. In other words, you're not paying a flat added increase for adornments you aren't using, and splitting that bundle out into male and female versions wouldn't necessarily mean the price would be lowered.

As a recent example, Sweet Emotion during Valentine's Day was 1699 NCoin and included the costume and one head adornment. Setting the market value for any item is a little more of an art than a science, and that's especially true of cosmetics, as each player is going to have their own thoughts on the value of one costume versus another. We of course review feedback and look at how well something sold at its price point, and based on those and other factors try to improve and set prices as appropriately as possible.

2 hours ago, whippleshuffle said:

Sale prices for costumes (like anything being sold) are based on perceived quality, value, desirability, etc. and not necessarily on the number of items it includes. In other words, you're not paying a flat added increase for adornments you aren't using, and splitting that bundle out into male and female versions wouldn't necessarily mean the price would be lowered.

As a recent example, Sweet Emotion during Valentine's Day was 1699 NCoin and included the costume and one head adornment. Setting the market value for any item is a little more of an art than a science, and that's especially true of cosmetics, as each player is going to have their own thoughts on the value of one costume versus another. We of course review feedback and look at how well something sold at its price point, and based on those and other factors try to improve and set prices as appropriately as possible.

1699 for sweet emotion was a horribly inflated price. You guys need to realize that you are making these costumes inaccessible to people that would have bought them for multiple alts due to how high you have been jacking anything remotely new lately. Especially given that very little that is new has been released in any other way than gacha or trove. Please also reconsider the daily special prices- 599 was a decent price for old costumes making a return a second or even third time around.

3 hours ago, whippleshuffle said:

How about...

Stop bundling things?

Let us choose what we want to buy.

Bundles should be only used to offer the whole set at slightly discounted prices.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, whippleshuffle said:

So you guys are creating more of a monopoly problem in the game by this admission as you are adjusting prices to suit the demand of the players. If you think a certain item is in higher demand you will jack up the prices that will in fact exacerberate the problem even more? 

What. The. Hell?!

I recall for example that sacred crystal bundles were 5 NCC each base before (I actually made it my business to stock up on those every time they came up back then), now they are 15 NCC base, a 300% increase. SCC are perhaps one of highest demand material out there right now. Curiously enough, the price of the corresponding orbs has gone up roughly 300% as well; why did this change happen? Because you guys saw that SC were needed, the prices had gone up and so you could also raise the NCC price to match the in game market price?!

Again. What. The. Hell.

Players buy NCC to exchange for gold, players are the ones who are supposed to be setting the NCC value; not you guys. What are you doing meddling with this?!

Then there's MS which also used to be 5 NCC base and are now what, 15?

As for the outfits, 1699 NCC is simply ludicrous; is this figure intentional? So that a player cannot simply charge the $20 figure but must go higher? Seems like a pretty bad way to force someone to buy more or to go through multiple transactions just to price things this way hmm?  This aside, $23 for a digital outfit that costs money to mail around your characters is simply absurd. Frankly the only time the outfits are a reasonable price is when discounted to about 500 NCC which is about $7. But I guess you guys are raising the prices on those too. It's a shame because it simply drives people to not buy.

Learn something from Asian marketing tactics, go for volume and lower the prices. As it stands NCW is basically pricing out a huge number of players by making everything (I mean everything) egregiously expensive. There would be plenty of players who would be more than willing to spend if prices weren't that high. For example, let's say pets; $30 for 10 random pets at an unknown low chance? Don't you think this is a bit on the high end? $30 is a full game from Steam any day of the week that would give you hundreds of hours of play time. Not 20 seconds of "#$%@ this." after opening to get nothing of value.

--

If anything NC should be pricing all F10 items substantially lower than F5 value to help both with the massive inflation and to increase access to items for players. Should be giving more fixed price account bound material bundles in large quantities, should be adding vastly more costumes permanently and not releasing them once in a blue moon (why aren't all released costumes up to this date in F10 actually?). Raising prices of items in demand just isn't helping in the least. What does it do? It makes things even more expensive, prices even more players out and people will simply resort to 3rd party gold sellers because to be frank, F9 or no F9, those 3rd party sites are cheaper. Is this what you want?

I’m not an outfit collector, as I came to realize early on that in order to collect outfits, you needed to either swipe or sacrifice your time or gold for cosmetics, which I’m not always willing to do.
There have been a few times where I absolutely LOVED an outfit. I just had to have it. And I didn’t mind paying the price for something I really wanted. I don't think NCWest is being unreasonable in their pricing on outfits, they've been pretty consistent for the 2 years that I have been playing this game.
My suggestion is to save up for those outfits that you really love, instead of trying to buy every single outfit in F10.

13 hours ago, swpz said:

Learn something from Asian marketing tactics, go for volume and lower the prices. As it stands NCW is basically pricing out a huge number of players by making everything (I mean everything) egregiously expensive. There would be plenty of players who would be more than willing to spend if prices weren't that high. For example, let's say pets; $30 for 10 random pets at an unknown low chance? Don't you think this is a bit on the high end? $30 is a full game from Steam any day of the week that would give you hundreds of hours of play time. Not 20 seconds of "#$%@ this." after opening to get nothing of value.

While I do appreciate an reply from the staff on these forums, which is rare enough, and an honest one on top of that, I do agree with going for volume, the game would have more players and last longer that way. 

As things are now, I agree with @Nanology. I only buy the outfits I like, and those I can count with my fingers and have a few fingers left to count, specially since the outfit reshape the character model and not the other way around. But I never buy them for those inflated prices. 

Archived