Login Rewards - Match its timer with daily reset

Kozuki

I don't know the reason why login rewards works with a separated timer instead of just get reset together with dailies. It is very annoying, and I think I have missed a few login rewards because I cannot figure when exactly the thing gets reset.

i'm not sure if you trolling or not but i'm sorry to say that it's on the same timer and resets when server resets but you will have to be login  for 3h to get the all the xp charms after server resets tho lol

Can we get a fix on this? It's been out for a very long time and still hasn't been fixed.

For those who do not know the bug, if you accept the login rewards late at night, you wont be able to receive the rewards next day.

I believe it's working as intended, although I don't know the reason why it's done this way.  Basically there's a 24hr lock out regardless of the "daily events" reset.  It does get annoying.  Earlier this week I played for only 2 hours one night and received the first 4 sections of rewards.  The next day I work late at night, so I played during the day and unlocked all 6 sections, but when I tried to receive the rewards, I only got the last 2 sections and not the first 4.  

It is NOT working as intended. Support have answered me. They confirmed it is a known bug and fixing it.

Basically you want to receice your reward before mid night . Otherwise , the reset that happens at 6 am will not work and you will not be able to receive the reward the next day.

Basically, if you get the reward after Tuesday midnight (always server time), the reset on 6AM Wednesday does not work, only visually. Then you would have to wait until 6 AM Thursday for it to really reset. 

Do not think of it as 24 hr reset. Because it does not work that way. It always reset at 6 am everyday but because it is a bug. Receiving after mid night (server time) will count the next day as claimed.

Example.

You receive Tuesday after midnight. You cannot get reward until Thursday 6 am reset. You cannot do every midnight because it is a bug. If you get rewaed Thursday misnight, you cannot get the reward on Friday midnight and have to wait until Saturday 6 am for it to reset.

So everything the person above me said is wrong.

Login rewards is bugged from day 1 until today. Unlike normal features where a certain combination of things leads to a bug, the login rewards bugs on any scenario you try, except the one tested by the developer.

In my case, I don't even need to be online for 3 hours to receive all the rewards as long as I'm online during reset and log back after more than 3 hours, also I always have to claim it the next day (even when I am actually online for the 3 hours).

• 2 weeks later...

Gah fix this garbage feature. Just give us the rewards, in our mail, everyday instead of this. I have two accounts and 2-3 times a week I can't get the rewards at all. You shouldn't have to jump through hoops of flaming dog poo to get these rewards.

This bug still exists and has not been fixed!

Basically, if you claim the login rewards after midnight server time, then it does not properly reset at 6 am server time.  Then you will not be able to claim any login rewards the following day, even if you wait until after midnight.  You have to wait until 6 am of the next day following that for the rewards to reset again. 

What this means:  For those of us on the West coast who play late at night, we can only collect login rewards once every other day.  Frustrating. 

Also, this is not listed under the "Known Issues" thread in the General Forum.  Can we please get it added to the Known Issues so we can get a fix?

• NCSOFT

There is still an issue with claiming login rewards after 12:00 AM PST. We'll follow up with the development team on this.

2 hours ago, Dawnweaver said:

Also, this bug is not currently listed under the "Known Issues" thread.  But this is obviously a known issue.

Can we please get it added to the Known Issues so we can get a fix?.........................

I've updated the Known Issues thread. Thank you for letting us know. :HajoonCheer:

PS: I've merged two threads regarding the same topic together.

From what I can tell, there's two reset times, the collection reset time, and awarded reset time. Going by Central Time, the awarded reset time is at the same time when daily quests, and such reset, which is 6AM Central Time, but the collection reset time is at midnight Central Time. What having two different reset times means is that if you always played your three hours in the eighteen hours between 6AM, and midnight Central Time, you'll have no problems, although if you collected some after midnight Central Time, you'll then need to keep collecting in the six hours between midnight, and 6AM Central, or else you'd miss a day of log-in rewards. You can be awarded your three hours from 6AM, to midnight once you've collected some after midnight Central Time, you just wouldn't be able to collect it till after midnight Central Time.

Add:

To be able to collect your rewards daily after midnight Central Time, when you had been awarded log-in rewards to collect before midnight, you'll need to restart the game client after midnight first.

I do not think this description is accurate, Why Bother.  Because there are definitely times when it is after midnight central time, I have fulfilled all three requisite hours of login time, and I still cannot collect.  These are days when I collected after midnight the previous day.  By your theory, I should still be able to collect as long as it is after midnight again, but this does not occur.  Instead, I can collect only every other day.

So Poroph's description is more accurate.  Basically if you collect after midnight then it bugs out the reset that is supposed to occur, probably because the code is confused by the date change.  So the reset does not occur appropriately at 6 am.  You have to wait another full day until the following 6 am finally rolls around for the reset to occur.  For example, as he described if you collect after midnight on Tuesday, then the reset does not happen until Thursday morning at 6 am.  

Note that only some of the code is confused.  The code for displaying which login rewards are supposed to be available works.  Which makes it more frustrating since you see the rewards sitting there but cannot access them.  The code that is broken is the item delivery when you try to click receive all, but nothing happens.

17 hours ago, Dawnweaver said:

I do not think this description is accurate, Why Bother.  Because there are definitely times when it is after midnight central time, I have fulfilled all three requisite hours of login time, and I still cannot collect.  These are days when I collected after midnight the previous day.  By your theory, I should still be able to collect as long as it is after midnight again, but this does not occur.  Instead, I can collect only every other day.

So Poroph's description is more accurate.  Basically if you collect after midnight then it bugs out the reset that is supposed to occur, probably because the code is confused by the date change.  So the reset does not occur appropriately at 6 am.  You have to wait another full day until the following 6 am finally rolls around for the reset to occur.  For example, as he described if you collect after midnight on Tuesday, then the reset does not happen until Thursday morning at 6 am.  

Note that only some of the code is confused.  The code for displaying which login rewards are supposed to be available works.  Which makes it more frustrating since you see the rewards sitting there but cannot access them.  The code that is broken is the item delivery when you try to click receive all, but nothing happens.

Ah, it's been a while, but for a couple weeks, collecting right after midnight Central Time everyday is exactly what I was able to do. What I forgot to mention, and have added to my post, is that you need to restart the game after midnight Central Time for that to work. If you kept playing after midnight, it would just not let you collect, but once you restart the game, you can.

Add:

If what I listed were to no longer work, then that would indicate that they have since made changes that only proved to break things even more.

Archived