Banned from BladeandSoul twitch chat (p2w discussion)

KuroAme

So I was enjoying the stream earlier today about the new automation assault event that the game masters were showing when I decided to try and ask Jonathan and Bethany what they think about the Pay to Win situation in 6v6. Obviously I wasn't the only one asking questions so I had to copy and paste my question every so often to get them to see and answer it. After a few minutes of doing this, one of the moderators noticed me and warned me about spamming chat and he asked what exactly my question was about.

Specifically, I was asking about what the developers thought about the p2w 6v6 in battlegrounds? I imagine the moderators feared I was about to spark a movement against pay to win mechanics because not only was my question ignored all times by Jonathan and Bethany, but the moderator ended up permanently blocking me from the twitch chat. I guess it was their final way of silencing me without giving my question the attention I believe it deserves. 

We all know the situation in 6v6. Any player that goes in there with less than maxed gear and high pvp weapons will be one-shot by the others with that same maxed gear. I'm a returning player, so one of the few ways to farm materials for the pvp weapon is by actually doing 6v6 battleground, or buy materials/gold through F10. 

My idea would be to separate the 6v6 arena's after you reach a certain threshold. Like you have to have an Ascendant/Dragon Forged weapon, you can LFP for a RANKED game for more rewards versus the lower geared players that would LFP for a standard match where there would be nobody to one-shot them. Another way to remedy this would be to have the RANKED game permit players to use gear with un-balanced stats vs the Standard 6v6 having balanced stats like the same as Arena matches.

I find its very discouraging when you enter a 6v6 match only to get one-shot by every other player with an intimidating AP. I think if the game wants to continue to live, you have to separate the p2w players from the f2p players in pvp. I can't imagine the amount of players who've gone into a 6v6 match only to get descouraged from even playing the game after seeing how helpless they are from other players who're p2w. And don't tell me its a skill thing, because as a Sin I can stealth and perfectly dance around a p2w player for five minutes without dealing much damage, but as soon as that p2w player lands a lucky approach skill, I'm done. ONE-SHOT.

Pay to win itself isn't a bad thing. I know that after a game is released, you have to pay for server maintenance and employees. That can all be payed for by cosmetics. As soon as you dilute the products with upgrade materials and Treasure Troves, you ruin the game.

So I'm posting this here, where maybe I can get other players that have the same concerns as me to rally together and make a statement to NCSoft. Your pay to win dynamic is ruining the game and you'll find that as long as you hold to this pay to win dynamic, less and less players will login day after day.

I would like to add that I was there and I saw your question, indeed the moderator asked you what your question was, but you left out one important fact. Your reply to his question was "What are your thoughts on the P2W situation in 6v6? Are you dumb? Block me". The "are you dumb, block me" might have had something to do with the fact that you got blocked, and not because you asked about the 6v6. If you want to get your point through, whichever that might be, insulting them is not a good strategy. So don't put this on the fact that they "tried to silence" you, be honest at least and admit you got blocked because you were inappropriate. 

Yes, I did indeed insult him. I insulted him because he was playing dumb about my question. I have no doubt that the moderator that blocked me is part of the NCSoft team, which is why he played the 'play dumb' card and also why my question was ignored every time on stream. Anyway, this isn't a rant about me getting blocked on twitch (ever heard of clickbait?). I want to know what NCSoft and other players feels about this pay to win dynamic.

NCSoft loves the fact that they are getting more money from these pay to win players, which itself isn't so bad. Getting more money is awesome, but at least make the game enjoyable to all players.

I respect your opinions but I feel you are all missing the point.

If I am banned here after giving my opinion and asking thoughts of other players, than I'm afraid Blade and Soul is doomed to be a pay to win game that slowly kills itself.

I hope that NCSoft doesn't encourage the mindset to block or ban people for having an opinion that's different than theirs.

• NCSOFT

Hello, 

We don't allow discussion of moderators actions on the forums. As I was the one that banned you from Twitch, it was not due to what you were saying but it was due to your conduct during the stream. If you would like to discuss your ban, you are welcome to message me. I will be locking this thread since it is discussing moderation. If you would like to start a new thread about your feedback on the game, you are welcome to do so.

Thank you.

• Cyan locked this topic

Archived