Sign in to follow this  
Kozuki

Can you avoid using Koldrak's Lair quest for events?

Kozuki   

Let face this: since Koldrak's Lair only happens five times per day in very specific time, some people will inevitably miss the raid.

The Automaton currently uses the lair quest to give event currency. Thus, if you cannot attend the raid for whatever reason, you effectively miss 3 Shop Gear per day, affecting your income of event currency, thus reduce the prize value you can get at the end of the event.

Even if the lair schedules manages to fit yours, you tend to be able only to do the lair once when it appears. Since it happens only five times per day, you can only do a maximum of five characters into it. If you want to do it on 10 characters (some people will do, like always), it is a race against time to get another alt into the raid, if you manage to clear it under 10 minutes, making the dungeon become stressful for no reason.

I know NCWest want to goad players doing Koldrak's Lair, since the raid reward is pretty lame compared to the strict schedule and how long it takes. However, it would be much better if you just use Daily Challenges/Event dungeon's dynamic quest for players to collect event currency. It would let players to join the event at their own pace, instead of working up to follow a timed raid.

So yeah, in future, plz refrain using Koldrak's Lair as event quests. Heck, event Windrest quests would make a better quest candidates, since you can do it all of the time.

Ambition   

why bother with this raid anway, 10 minutes a day, 30 times to get the gem after a month, when you can get it for 10 euros from the hongmoon store, lol.

i giggled. :)

Souba   

Please ignore this guy. We finally have an EASY dungeon to get event items in, and you guys have to try to ruin it.

Please just up the amount of Koldrak entries during event times. Frankly, I'm glad it isn't stuck to something like DKV

Well, a better fix to this would be to add more time slots especially in the other half of the day. NA community is very diverse in population because it is where predominantly English speaking people play regardless of high ping or not. I gave up sub 20ms just to be able to communicate in English and not feel like a freak in another region’s server. We have so many players from regions outside NA that cannot make Koldrak timers because it’s either in the wee hours of the morning or during office hours. If their intention was to limit people to do Koldrak 5 times a day then just limit the account to 5 times a day. One can only hope. 

Edited by Ballonbum

Kozuki   
9 hours ago, Souba said:

Please ignore this guy. We finally have an EASY dungeon to get event items in, and you guys have to try to ruin it.

Please just up the amount of Koldrak entries during event times. Frankly, I'm glad it isn't stuck to something like DKV

I made this post with the thought that NCWest/NCSoft won't bother adding more Lair raid per day. Ideally, making Koldrak's Lair happens every 3 hours or 4 hours would fix the problem, especially for international players, but I don't see why they would bother doing that.

And lol, DKV is extremely easy to do nowadays. You can even 6-man it. I don't know why you prefer a raid where you have to do them on specific time over ones where you can do anytime.

HateMe   
13 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Let face this: since Koldrak's Lair only happens five times per day in very specific time, some people will inevitably miss the raid.

The Automaton currently uses the lair quest to give event currency. Thus, if you cannot attend the raid for whatever reason, you effectively miss 3 Shop Gear per day, affecting your income of event currency, thus reduce the prize value you can get at the end of the event.

Even if the lair schedules manages to fit yours, you tend to be able only to do the lair once when it appears. Since it happens only five times per day, you can only do a maximum of five characters into it. If you want to do it on 10 characters (some people will do, like always), it is a race against time to get another alt into the raid, if you manage to clear it under 10 minutes, making the dungeon become stressful for no reason.

I know NCWest want to goad players doing Koldrak's Lair, since the raid reward is pretty lame compared to the strict schedule and how long it takes. However, it would be much better if you just use Daily Challenges/Event dungeon's dynamic quest for players to collect event currency. It would let players to join the event at their own pace, instead of working up to follow a timed raid.

So yeah, in future, plz refrain using Koldrak's Lair as event quests. Heck, event Windrest quests would make a better quest candidates, since you can do it all of the time.

No one in the world is forcing you to do that quest. If you dont want to do it, then dont there are plenty other ways to get the gear pieces for the event dungeon.

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

No one in the world is forcing you to do that quest. If you dont want to do it, then dont there are plenty other ways to get the gear pieces for the event dungeon.

This thread is suggesting ways to make that dungeon accesible to more players. Which should benefit everyone. Timed events only work for people that devote their entire day to the game. That's not a majority. 

Edited by Rea Shinwa

HateMe   
1 hour ago, Rea Shinwa said:

This thread is suggesting ways to make that dungeon accesible to more players. Which should benefit everyone. Timed events only work for people that devote their entire day to the game. That's not a majority. 

In all honesty even with me working the entire day, coming home late evenings i still manage to get the 1 daily run done at the least, and i am in EU timezone. So no, you do not need to devote your entire day.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

In all honesty even with me working the entire day, coming home late evenings i still manage to get the 1 daily run done at the least, and i am in EU timezone. So no, you do not need to devote your entire day.

Alright, not the entire day, that was me exaggerating. I am not trying to argue with you. Of course you can choose NOT to do it. For me, in EU zone also, my chances are 9 pm (dinner time with family), 12 pm (in bed, I get up early for work) and... nothing else. I think there are more players in similar situations. So I do believe that increasing the amount of times a day that Koldrak's Lair opens, at least when it is included as "event dungeon" like now,  would not harm anyone (the usual rewards arent exactly worthwhile) and benefit most.

HateMe   
9 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

Alright, not the entire day, that was me exaggerating. I am not trying to argue with you. Of course you can choose NOT to do it. For me, in EU zone also, my chances are 9 pm (dinner time with family), 12 pm (in bed, I get up early for work) and... nothing else. I think there are more players in similar situations. So I do believe that increasing the amount of times a day that Koldrak's Lair opens, at least when it is included as "event dungeon" like now,  would not harm anyone (the usual rewards arent exactly worthwhile) and benefit most.

Ok so here is where i tell you...get real. you are playing on the NA server, while you are in EU timezone. That is the problem. Whenever i play on a server which is in a different region and timezone than where i live i accept the fact that events and other things are driven by US time, and i adapt to that.

This is not the only thing you will have issues with, other things that will be time related will cause you problems aswel,

True there may be more players in a similar situation, but the point is those times are for US based players, they do not need to care nore should care about players from EU who play on NA, because there is a EU based server where the times are more suited for your needs. You decided to play here so you need to accept and deal with certain consequences of that.

36 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Ok so here is where i tell you...get real. you are playing on the NA server, while you are in EU timezone. That is the problem. Whenever i play on a server which is in a different region and timezone than where i live i accept the fact that events and other things are driven by US time, and i adapt to that.

This is not the only thing you will have issues with, other things that will be time related will cause you problems aswel,

True there may be more players in a similar situation, but the point is those times are for US based players, they do not need to care nore should care about players from EU who play on NA, because there is a EU based server where the times are more suited for your needs. You decided to play here so you need to accept and deal with certain consequences of that.

Erm, you misundertood me. I am playing on EU server, and I am on EU time zone. The times I mentioned are CEST.  

Actually, at launch I started playing on NA servers because NA friends told me about the game, but a year and some later I gave up and restarted on EU, and that's the best decision I made concerning the game. 

Anyway, this is not a personal matter. I simply think that the more people can access the dungeon, the better for most and for the game. 

Edited by Rea Shinwa

HateMe   
12 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

Erm, you misundertood me. I am playing on EU server, and I am on EU time zone. The times I mentioned are CEST.  

Actually, at launch I started playing on NA servers because NA friends told me about the game, but a year and some later I gave up and restarted on EU, and that's the best decision I made concerning the game. 

Oooohhhhh......ok nvm that comment i thought you were on NA.

Move dinner by 15 min o.o

26 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Oooohhhhh......ok nvm that comment i thought you were on NA.

Move dinner by 15 min o.o

Haha, np.

But you see, if I told my family of hungry birdlings that dinner is been moved cause of a game, they would turn into angry vultures and have my eyes for appetizer.

So... Yeah, I am in favor of increasing the times that the dungeon opens every day ^^

HateMe   
12 minutes ago, Rea Shinwa said:

Haha, np.

But you see, if I told my family of hungry birdlings that dinner is been moved cause of a game, they would turn into angry vultures and have my eyes for appetizer.

So... Yeah, I am in favor of increasing the times that the dungeon opens every day ^^

Eat dinner at the pc o.o or find a more understanding family o.o

Souba   
14 hours ago, Kozuki said:

I made this post with the thought that NCWest/NCSoft won't bother adding more Lair raid per day. Ideally, making Koldrak's Lair happens every 3 hours or 4 hours would fix the problem, especially for international players, but I don't see why they would bother doing that.

And lol, DKV is extremely easy to do nowadays. You can even 6-man it. I don't know why you prefer a raid where you have to do them on specific time over ones where you can do anytime.

I prefer the annonymous, take-care-of-yourself, hold your own nature of Koldraks layer, which all of my alts are capable of doing, VS DKV, which has gear requirements only my main is capable of reaching at the moment. Koldraks layer makes the event items accessible to alts fresh out of the story or higher if you time it right.

It would be nice if they made entries show up more often, but as it is now, I don't see it as a problem whatsoever.

Altheda   

I agree, it's a problem for international player since the timing for dragon is 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm and 3pm :(