Return player question.

Kromede

I stopped around 2016 few weeks after MSP online and I was burned out tried to farm SS with shitty RNG lol (still not complete yet).

I logged in last night after years and a lot of thing changed, I have a lot of item that no longer use in game, sparking gem exchange to square gems, weapon exchange to something different, level cap increased to 55...etc. Also, the game population seem lesser than it used to be back in 2016, my question is the game still enjoyable to play? Any changes to Premium membership or is it worth to buy membership or just play F2P? 

*Since I'm away the game quite too long so how hard to gear up a new toon from beginning?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Kromede said:

*Since I'm away the game quite too long so how hard to gear up a new toon from beginning?

Disclosure, I am not a returning vet however a friend of mine got me into BnS right before a bunch of changes to the game.

By just following the story line, you get geared up to level 55 including a the full MSP soulstone set, so that you can do some of the daily challenges.

Once you get your light / dark weapon, if the RNG gives you a 6 slot version you are good. If not, you can buy them in Jadestone for 10 Naryu a piece until you get your 6 slotter.

When you get to Solak, if you still have naryu left, you can upgrade the jewelry you get with the story to Hollow's jewelry.

Then you can just run the lower end dungeons with the cross-server group finder and get your pinnacle jewelry.

You can also save up your Solar Energy for your Soul Badge as well as farm peaches in celestial basin for your Mystic Badge.

That should be a good start. I am f2p and the game is fun for me. You will get more per day as a premium player, though I have not paid anything yet.

For Premium Membership, they removed the 10 stages to it and the only good feature of it -- the wardrobe (F3), which they finally made it F2P and renamed it as The Showroom. Any player can freely open it now and put whatever free outfits you get from quests or dungeons there anytime, anywhere; they also added new tabs to it, like weapon skins and the pet aura skins. Of course the basic Premium User bonuses are still there as its benefits, the extra % XP bonus and stuff, and the remote storage (opening your secondary storage even in x-server)

Personally, I don't think this game is P2W. Pay to Progress, maybe...? But, it depends on you, the player, on how you want to play the game: stay Free to Play or drop some cash to buy some stuff for character progression. I'm a premium user myself, and I do buy my subscriptions sometimes, but because I wanted to open the remote storage, and get extra peaches when I farm for it in Celestial Basin. It all depends on you, really.

Archived