Forums

You can not trust anyone

ORlON

in advance I apologize if you do not understand well, English is not my native language. Last night I saw a person who bought badges by faction, I was given to ask him if he sold trove keys, he answered that yes, after agreeing the price I give him the gold and I hope he sends me the keys, not only he did not do it but He insulted and said he did it. I believe that if you can not trust people to act in good faith and be allowed to act in a malicious way, there will come a time when you will not be able to do anything outside of the clans and with a lot of time already put inside it because we're going to think that everyone is going to steal from us and the truth, then we can not complain if they steal from us, that is, if we allow it because it is not the one who is stolen, when first hand, we do not complain ... by the way this happened on the server Zulia [content moderated]

Happens.

There are idiots like this everywhere.

Happened to me too.

just write Support and tell them what happened and when.

You will get your Gold back.

If possible have some screenshots ready, but guess no Drama when not.

And i would recommend editing the Name out of your text. Since you're not allowed to do Name shaming here.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but I was foold by a trove key "seller" too, recently. I gave him 4,500G for 150× keys, which sounded like an okay deal. Besides, at the time, I had made nearly 13,000G off of the trove. I got lucky with the gold chests and with crits that gave me 25× Premium Transformation Stones, along with an additional crit that gave me 3× more on an alt. I had just finished a long, tiresome work week and took my brother to a doctor visit to get checked out, so I was dead tired and not thinking straight...

I didn't think to look at the seller's profile to see if he had a reputation at stake, as in a character with high end gear who didn't want to be blacklisted by a whole server for being a crook. The seller wanted me to meet at Foshi Pyres, or whatever it's called. I traded him the mney and waited. I had never done this kind of trade in BNS before, so I wasn't sure how it worked... He apologized for the wait and even asked me about my cool-looking weapon, etc..

Then he just dropped out of the party we were in and was showing as being located in the "Proving Grounds", or something. I think that was a tutorial area...

I didn't fully realize my mistake until AFTER I handed over the gold. lol

Anyway, I DID screenshot the chat log and his profile and submitted a support ticket on it. GM Yehara and another of the GM staff reviewed my situation, saw my evidence and read my reasoning behind trying to trade for his keys (20× key limit per 24 hours with Hongmoon Coins), etc..

They took action against the crook and returned my gold to me. They also advised me that is IS against the rules to make trades like that, and recommended buying them from the Hongmoon Store, but I wasn't aware of that. I thought it was a legitimate in-game trade method, even though I did understand it meant having to trust someone to NOT screw me over.

Anyway, I learned my lesson - well two lessons...

One, not to do those kinds of trades, even with trusted sources.

Two, NOT to make big purchases while I'm sleepy.^^;

Yesterday, I made a sleepy purchase, just because it was a funny impulse buy, but it was just $13 USD for some neon LED shutter shades. --BUT THEY LOOK COOL! XD

Could someone explain why the name of a scammer is not allowed? it is as if the scam in itself is allowed given that you can not prevent other people from the evil action before someone who acts in good faith, it is my humble to understand that this is indirectly an invitation to the devilish acts with only the condition of not be seen or not be reported effectively. Which brings me to another question. given the lack or almost nonexistence of administrators present in the game. Is it wrong for players to defend ourselves by publishing the names of crooks, thieves, etc? I would like a coherent answer given that this is not handled by garden children, this is handled by adult people. I hope a quick response, I apologize if I offended someone, if I offended it I think that because I said what it is, thank you very much for reading and I hope I can solve this and that it serves to prevent others, after all, the purpose of a game it's having fun and not dealing with frustration because of other people's evils.

I deeply appreciate that the problem arises, I act in very good faith and what happened happened. agradesco of heart the resolution. I love the game and what happened I am very frustrated and that they can solve it is a great joy.

thanks game staff

This right here is why most MMOs prohibit this kind of transaction.

You're trying to do a deal with someone on the premise of good faith that they'll provide what they're offering... but since you're more likely to not even be in the same COUNTRY as the person you're dealing with, they have no requirements whatsoever to honour their end of the bargain. I mean, let's face it, thanks to internet anonymity, people act like complete doucebags to each other on a daily basis for NORMAL things. What makes you think they'd be honest and up-front in any regard? You're essentially gambling that a person is going to treat you like another human being or just a way to make some easy gold/money/items. You can bet that a random player is going to be more likely than not to rip you off than look at you.

Your best (and pretty much only) bet is to use the Currency Exchange, sell your gold for Hongmoon Coin and buy the keys that way. That way, it's mediated in some way and the person can't just go back on their word, log off and run away to another alt to do it again to someone else.

u guys are lucky that nc actually care and refund the gold u got scammed (most publisher dont do this and telling u its ur fault) in fact it is (most of the time), i mean people try to buy 100 keys from ppl like lvl50 no gear etc use ur brain pls, does this ppl looks legit for u? but since nc refund the gold anyway  ppl still trying.

"Looks legit" should not even be considered. If there is a clear and obvious chance that something can go wrong, you should never be stupid enough to assume you won't get scammed. That, like I said, is one of the main reasons most MMOs put in the ToS not to buy/sell premium currencies outside of some kind of in-game system... because someone will invariably scam people out of their money/gold/items and there's no real way to moderate it. The admins get flooded with e-mails begging to be compensated and now they have to go check to make sure the claim is real or bogus (because THOSE happen too) and it's all one big hassle for everyone involved.

Bottom line - don't do it. If you DO, you only have yourself to blame when you get ripped off.

Good that you got the gold back even though they really didn't have to give it back to you. You made the choice to trust a complete stranger on the internet and took the risk. NC warns everyone about scammers so if you choose to ignore that warning and do it anyway then just know you are risking not getting what you paid for. Multiple games wouldn't even return your currency back if you got scammed. So let it be a lesson learned. Doing those type of trades online is similar to meeting up with someone in real life to buy something but you got to worry about getting robbed. Would you meet up with a complete stranger in real life with no info about em, I would hope the answer is no lol.

Archived