XP Charms and HM levels problem

Xzard

Every time the same happens, game managers do something to help players, then they ruin it with a later patch.

For months people asked for evolve stones to be more accessible (they added them to Basin), and then they were added to XP charms materials later and increase the demand.
They added Pet Pack supposedly to help, and then they added it to XP charms, ruin everything.

The main problem is that XP charms have an insane amount of demand, basically is the only way to get HM 20+ or maybe HM 16+ depends on the player. The amount of XP needed is insane, I think around 3 billion+ for HM 25, not sure, this would take years of play for many players, especially if you like to play with 2, 3, 4 or more characters.

WHY? Why is XP obtained through gold, this ruined the economy, made every material needed to progress more expensive, so every cost reduction they made is ruined. Probably whales won't agree because they don't care about gold at all.

High HM levels are whale exclusive, I remember when HM 5 was max, was obtained pretty easy, then HM 10 required a little bit more effort, but since HM 15, it started to get retarded, wont even mention HM20 and HM25. 

Things just got worst with the latest patch, adding Elysian Orbs, Moonstones (like there was not enough demand for this) and Pet Packs as material needed to craft XP charms. Why would you add Pet Packs???? What were you thinking? Even at 60g I though Pet Pods were expensive, (like 14k gold for max pet), and now they are 180g (43k gold for max pet)

My suggestions would be:

-Remove both 5m XP charms, and make 1 with account bound materials (Example: 4 MS Crystals, 100 Sacred Crystals, 6 Elysian Crystals, 100 SS Crystals). This way, whales still will be able to get their high HM leves, but wont impact the economy as much as they are now.

-Give us more XP from dailys, dynamics, rewards, events, etc, etc, etc (Don't reduce XP needed for each level, I think this would make many people angry). This would let normal players catch higher levels faster. I'm pretty sure even with this changes it will take so much time to level, but would be a nice boost.

I think reducing main materials costs, and boosting XP, will motivated lots of players to keep playing this awesome game.
Make life easier for players please!

And if you have any other suggestions or don't agree with mines, then comment, we have to let NCSoft know what we think.

1 hour ago, Xzard said:

-Remove both 5m XP charms, and make 1 with account bound materials (Example: 4 MS Crystals, 100 Sacred Crystals, 6 Elysian Crystals, 100 SS Crystals). This way, whales still will be able to get their high HM leves, but wont impact the economy as much as they are now.

Newsflash: You can convert tradeable mats into crystals, using crystals won't change anything other than the whales having to make a few more clicks.

2 hours ago, Cor said:

Newsflash: You can convert tradeable mats into crystals, using crystals won't change anything other than the whales having to make a few more clicks.

Guess what? It will decrease slightly the demand for tradeable materials since you get a ton of untradeables just by playing the game. And even if it doesn't help the to decrease prices that much, at least players who doesnt swipe will have a chance to get more XP.

While I agree 100% with the sentiment, I think the reason NC has done this is obvious... there's just no where  else for the whales to go otherwise and the company loses money.  There is now way NC is going to stop giving the highest spenders and opportunity to spend their money.  It would be nice if people didn't have the option of maxing our new items within a day of its release, but that's never going to happen.

1 hour ago, Tufa said:

While I agree 100% with the sentiment, I think the reason NC has done this is obvious... there's just no where  else for the whales to go otherwise and the company loses money.  There is now way NC is going to stop giving the highest spenders and opportunity to spend their money.  It would be nice if people didn't have the option of maxing our new items within a day of its release, but that's never going to happen.

I'm not saying anywhere that they should remove gold = XP anywhere, just saying that they should make it more accesible for normal players, adding more XP boosts and making 5m charms available with untradeable items, which they can still get buying the tradeable version. :PoharanConfused:

8 hours ago, Cor said:

Newsflash: from chests and quests, Naksun etc. you get crystals. Been saving up materials for a while and I have about 600 ms crystals and about 100 ms, quite a ratio isn't it?

3 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

Newsflash: from chests and quests, Naksun etc. you get crystals. Been saving up materials for a while and I have about 600 ms crystals and about 100 ms, quite a ratio isn't it?

And you think the whales will stop buying from marketplace and farm crystals instead..? Changing the needed mats to crystals will have pretty much zero impact on the marketplace price.

9 hours ago, Xzard said:

Guess what? It will decrease slightly the demand for tradeable materials since you get a ton of untradeables just by playing the game. And even if it doesn't help the to decrease prices that much, at least players who doesnt swipe will have a chance to get more XP.

Your idea of just playing the game is no-lifing it? Gear upgrades need thousands of moonstone crystals no one playing the game "normally" will have much to spare for xp charms.

In addition to what others said, I want to point out this. "Normal" players (F2P players, etc.) won't be able to keep up or level gear that fast anyway even if they were given things out for half the prices they are currently. In addition, they would still make it easier for whales to upgrade their gear then.

However, as this was about what @Xzard tried to say about removing the 5 million XP charm... NO! It will not be removed because it isn't something you need to get or even need to use. It is just something that allows you to go a bit farther faster and I don't know of many whales that tossed mats at the transmutation to get 5 million XP charms. One thing about really high HM whales, they got there because they been here for nearly two years or more. Non-stop or with very few breaks. 

Another thing, you ever thought that if you make items cheaper on the marketplace via what you purposed would make the rich (in-game gold) whales to buy those mats store them up and drive up the prices more. Then as the items sale, they would sell a few of those mats... helping keep the prices high? Just remember the Marketplace is just like the stock market, there many ways to play it to make gold and to drive prices up and down...

3 hours ago, KiraKamelia said:

In addition to what others said, I want to point out this. "Normal" players (F2P players, etc.) won't be able to keep up or level gear that fast anyway even if they were given things out for half the prices they are currently. In addition, they would still make it easier for whales to upgrade their gear then.

However, as this was about what @Xzard tried to say about removing the 5 million XP charm... NO! It will not be removed because it isn't something you need to get or even need to use. It is just something that allows you to go a bit farther faster and I don't know of many whales that tossed mats at the transmutation to get 5 million XP charms. One thing about really high HM whales, they got there because they been here for nearly two years or more. Non-stop or with very few breaks. 

Another thing, you ever thought that if you make items cheaper on the marketplace via what you purposed would make the rich (in-game gold) whales to buy those mats store them up and drive up the prices more. Then as the items sale, they would sell a few of those mats... helping keep the prices high? Just remember the Marketplace is just like the stock market, there many ways to play it to make gold and to drive prices up and down...

Who cares about whales, they will always have max gear anyway. So you think even with cheaper materials f2P players wont be able to gear faster? that makes no sense...

I've never said to remove 5M XP charms completely, read what I said, I said the craft should use account bound materials instead, this will let many players have better chance of getting more XP, and it won't affect Whales.

If items gets cheaper, its because the offer increases and the demand decreases, there is no way to a bunch of whales can keep the prices high against thousands of players...

22 hours ago, Xzard said:

My suggestions would be:

-Remove both 5m XP charms

@Xzard Read your original post, if you did say about removing it. And NC Soft has to care about the whales because its whales that helps pay the bills that keep the game up and running. And whales will always have impact on the economy as I explained before... It's just like the stock market. Release an uncontrolled rumor and things can go from being good to bad... 

I am no longer spending dollars to gain experience that should be able to be gained by playing the game.  NCsoft have finally pushed me to close my purse and say enough is enough.  I would happily continue playing and paying if I didnt think that hiding experience behind a paywall isnt the most obnoxious trick I have seen a game company pull.  So NC soft have lost this mini whale as she will no longer be funding them :D

You currently don't even need anything above HM14 to clear and do any of the content. Not even future content. If whales want to boost to hm25 let then and just be smart about it and make profit of them. HM25 won't make you awesome if you suck at the game anyway, at least this way it helps to somewhat distinguish your knowledge of dungeons.

11 hours ago, HateMe said:

You currently don't even need anything above HM14 to clear and do any of the content. Not even future content. If whales want to boost to hm25 let then and just be smart about it and make profit of them. HM25 won't make you awesome if you suck at the game anyway, at least this way it helps to somewhat distinguish your knowledge of dungeons.

You can clear everything with HM10 or less, but that's not the point ...
The point is those high levels are impossible for normal players, and those 2 charms made everything more expensive.

They reduce costs of gear just to make eveything more expensive with later patches, this makes no sense.

13 hours ago, Xzard said:

You can clear everything with HM10 or less, but that's not the point ...
The point is those high levels are impossible for normal players, and those 2 charms made everything more expensive.

They reduce costs of gear just to make eveything more expensive with later patches, this makes no sense.

If you can clear anything with HM10...they why would you care about rushing the HM levels? I got HM15 simply by doing my dailies every day and using the XP charms received from login rewards / weeklies.

And its not "them" that make everything more expensive its the players themselves. They notice something having a high demand so they put a higher price on it.

Archived