About PVP Accesories, and the problem with only being able to get them through PvE

AgitoFreeman

So, many people probably would disagree with me considering the majority of BnS community plays PvE and doesnt really like PvP, but as a player who highly dislikes PvE content in games in general, having only 1 way to get your PvP gear, and that is through PvE seems unfair to me.

I think there should be an alternative way to get PvP accesories, and that alternative way should be through PvP instead of PvE, so PvP players can actually enjoy the game while progressing for their gear instead of forcing themselves to do the same dungeon 200+ times to get enough orbs and in the progress possibly dont even get to see the accesory drop once...

We need to do PvP to upgrade our PvP wep, do PvP to get PvP soulshield, but when it comes to accesory "Well hello there, do this dungeon 150+ times, which you will not see a single drop of this legendary accesory you are trying to get, then collect 250 orbs (unlike PvE needing 200), and buy your accesory!"

Some might say "Show me one PvE accesory you can get from a NPC with points/stuff without grinding for the orbs from dungeons".

Well, I'm not saying "Give them for free", lets say make 1 orb for that accesory 750 BP/Zenbean and still ask for 250 of those orbs, considering you get around 500~750 points from 1 BP Win(With clan bonus, premium bonus etc.), it would be fair enough to get 1 orb for 1 win. It will be grinding again in the end, just will be more fun for the player who enjoys PvP content instead of PvE.

I dont know the droprates of PvP accesories from their associated dungeons, but so far I can (at least for myself) say their droprate is lower than PvE accesories.

On my character I did "103 EL Runs; 0 Ring drops seen" - "108 SSM Runs(Still doing it for the earring...); 0 Earring drops seen"

Asked some close friends about their runs too. Result of a friend of mine who stopped playing the game: "173 EL Runs, only saw 1 ring drop" - "162 SSM Runs, No earring dropped"

I know that the drop chance of the accesories cant be calculated based on the number of runs you do, but just putting those numbers out there to say "How low can the drop rate be to not drop after this many runs..."

I dont know what players would think about this suggestion/rant about this issue, or dont know if the Ncsoft team would even read/reply to this topic about the suggestion but, I guess I just wanted to whine about it a bit and get it off my chest, because I am pretty done with the repetitive PvE content and "fellow players" in F8... :JinsoyunPale:

I do not like dungeons and PvE at all and I have been playing since launch. I only play 6v6 and it would be really nice to have some form of PvP progression path for gear besides weapon and soul shields. I get more worthless every season without pve, so I plan to stop playing 6v6 once I get dragonforge 9.

I hate PVP but I agree with you, PVP players should get their accesories by PVPing, price = PVP achievments + points + Rank?

Or even a small drop rate from PVP boxes as a bonus.
There is no logic behind doing PVE to get PVP accesories.

in that aspect bns can not offer more of this, I do not like the pve I am a 6v6 player too, the game forces me to be something that I do not like doing dungeon 24/7 and I have very little time for that. With respect to the pvp I am not attracted at all there are many other mmorpg that are more entertaining in that aspect, but if I am attracted to the 6v6 for its unique combat system, I have 120 sm runs and I did not see a single pvp earring without naming the other dungeons, this adds that the critical rate per hellion core box is very low. They would have to remove the requirement of 100 entries to the dungeon to buy the earring with only 25 or 30 is enough. Not to mention how expensive it is to upload these accessories a whole separate topic. Many guys have complained about this topic for a while but I do not know anything about it.

22 hours ago, Xzard said:

I hate PVP but I agree with you, PVP players should get their accesories by PVPing, price = PVP achievments + points + Rank?

Or even a small drop rate from PVP boxes as a bonus.
There is no logic behind doing PVE to get PVP accesories.

That's the point yeah.

I Also opened a thread about this on reddit and someone's comment about being forced to do PVP for PVE HM Skills is true too. The PvE Player version of this cause would be HM Skills. Most of them have the "Obtain through PvE" alternative, but pretty much with impossible to get drop rates. It feels kinda the same, they just get forced to do PvP so they can buy the needed stuff with Zenbeans/BP. :JinsoyunPale:

It was no secret that bns is a game that basically requires you to do both pvp and pve to progress.perfect example are soulstones and moonstones. The same way pve players need to do pvp the same way pvp players should do pve.

Honestly, I agree that PvP gear/accessories/skills should be obtainable through PvP and PvE gear/accessories/skills should be obtainable through PvE. After all, if you don't want to PvP, why would you want to get materials to upgrade PvP weapons though PvE content (and vice versa)?

This especially goes for HM Skills. The only reliable way currently to get many HM skills is via Bravery Coins, which are PvP items. Yes, there ARE PvE ways to obtain them, but they are so rare, that it's virtually impossible without spending a ton of gold. Seeing as how many HM skills are for PvE (for some classes, necessary to be even remotely effective), there should be more viable ways to obtain them in PvE. For PvP, I doubt many of the skills are even useful outside of PvP. Perhaps Bravery Coins should only unlock skills that open PvP-related skills, while PvE methods to obtain skills should only unlock skills that help in PvE as well.

On my character I did "103 EL Runs; 0 Ring drops seen" - "108 SSM Runs(Still doing it for the earring...); 0 Earring drops seen"

Asked some close friends about their runs too. Result of a friend of mine who stopped playing the game: "173 EL Runs, only saw 1 ring drop" - "162 SSM Runs, No earring dropped"

Don't you think you can get acc from vendor all ready for cores ? 173+162 runs = if you got unlucky you all ready have more then enough to take pvp acc from vendor for cores . What the problem ???????? 

2 hours ago, Dic said:

Don't you think you can get acc from vendor all ready for cores ? 173+162 runs = if you got unlucky you all ready have more then enough to take pvp acc from vendor for cores . What the problem ???????? 

You are failing to see the whole main point of this topic with this comment... The player mentioned with the amount of runs he did isn't even a PVP player, I just asked how many runs he did and how many drops he have seen. He was just farming those dungeons for the gold income from drop and bids on them (like gold chests). I gave run numbers of my character and my friend's just as an example of horribly low drop rates of the accesories.

If you read the topic again, all of it, perhaps you would understand the problem.

In this game:

-You PvE to get PvP items (Hellion accessories, BT/VT primers with Raven Feathers/Hive Queen Wings for min-max fusion, Dragon Certificate/Whirlwind Sparkling Key for soulstone/moonstone chests)

-You PvP to get PvE items (Hongmoon skills through Bravery Coins), and control the whole game's economy (aka moonstones).

Something weird with this design.

14 hours ago, AgitoFreeman said:

You are failing to see the whole main point of this topic with this comment... The player mentioned with the amount of runs he did isn't even a PVP player, I just asked how many runs he did and how many drops he have seen. He was just farming those dungeons for the gold income from drop and bids on them (like gold chests). I gave run numbers of my character and my friend's just as an example of horribly low drop rates of the accesories.

If you read the topic again, all of it, perhaps you would understand the problem.

First off:

He was running normal mode. Normal mode has very low drop rates for the accessories.

If you intend to farm them in a dungeon you need to do hard modes. Got the helion earring after 4 HM runs and the helion ring after 7 hard mode runs.

The rates are horribly low in normal mode , as they should be.

Here's the thing:

"How do I get PVP weapon?"  ==> PVP for it.

"How do I upgrade it?" ==> PVE for it. 

"How do I get PVP Acc?" ==> PVE for it.

"How do I upgrade it?" ==> PVE for it.

"How do I get PVP soul shields?" ==> PVP for it.

Okay, so how about the PVE content? How does that work? Oh wait, you need raid tier gear in order to get those accessories, don't you? Oh, what a shame. Draken? No one uses Draken anymore, because Skyshatter is so much better.

Archived