Forums

I wonder if the skyrift mystic badge is right

dklm

Seeing how raven only boosts damage of dragoncall and pulse mystic badge boosts damage of dimensional salvo on hit, I think there's mistake in the skyrift mystic badge because it does not provide consistent dps.  For frost spec, brand is applied with three skills but only one skill is used in a dungeon dps rotation.  On the other hand, target is something that is constantly applied through our most used skills and would seem like the obvious choice to boost the damage of bombardment.  I wonder if they confused brand with target because other than killing trash mobs the skyrift mystic badge barely does anything in real boss fights.   When I cast move 2 soul shackle I'm pretty much spamming dragoncall and doubt I cast more than one or two bombardments within the four second brand debuff.  This is an issue because without constant casts of dragoncall bombardment really does mediocre damage and could use a little boost.  And when you don't have enough spams of dragoncall and end up casting a bunch of bombardments your damage and dps is the lowest in the group.

I'm confused what you are trying to ask but I will try and answer what I'm assuming you are trying to get at.

Raven weapon has multipliers for both dragon call and dragon helix so it doesn't matter which build you go.

For mystic badges, both increases your damage of RMB. They have both been buffed now  to 180% on branded for ice build and 240% on salvo hit in shadow. IMO I believe both mystic badges are geared towards being in SB and during leech. In ice build, during both states, sb and leech lasting 15sec (18 leech with legendary badge), you should get out 3 cast of soul shackle move 2, totaling about 10-12 secs of RMB buff during each state. If you are doing your rotations right, you should have only have a small down time about 5-10 (dependent on crit too) in your rotation.

SB > leech > 3 > (downtime occurs here) > leech - repeat 

I will agree it's useless for mobs as you can't brand every enemy if you spec into soul shackle move 2 or don't spec kd tether blade, but against bosses, it is definitely where the mystic badges shine. With really good ping, you should be able to do 2 bombardment per sec. I've done tests on this before getting averaging 6 RMB in 4 sec at 110ms, so you are probably doing rotations wrong or have bad ping if you can only do 2 in 4 secs. Overall, mystic badges aren't suppose to break the class but add a boost to one or a couple of abilities. I've done a parse before with and without. It had a difference of 10k dps so it does help (do note it was before buff).

If dragon call did brand instead of target, it would make the class broken and force everyone to go ice for end game content instead of shadow. I think this is where they decided to balance ice to make players not skew only towards ice.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:51 PM, EZAXIS said:

I'm confused what you are trying to ask but I will try and answer what I'm assuming you are trying to get at.

(I'm guessing dklm is like my scenario) for people who play frost wl with over 300ms+ ping, when we cast soul shackle move 2, during the 4s brand, we have to dish-out like 2-3 DC, so we can only do RMB once or twice at most, in that time frame. So in this case, skyrift mystic badge is very useless if not at all. 

If you have good ping, skyrift mystic badge does give much higher boost on dps. But it is really not ping friendly.

If there is a mystic badge that boost say, additional 80% damage on instant cast RMB, then that will be much much more ping friendly. Im guessing thats what dklm mean. 

Archived