Forums

Enemy perfect stuns in Tower of Infinity? Why?

Xenosaga

Fighting computer controlled enemies in ToI.

Until approx floor 25 it's easy enough.

But around floor 25, i saw already almost perfect stuns, and i have no change to get out, or he got me already and stun me. Even distance stun got me already.

So... i know in pvp the perfect stun chance has lower chance, but in ToI some classes can make good stuns, so i am frozen for many seconds, again and again.

If the stuns are fast and perfect... what is the deal with 30-40th floor? Don't think higher levels will better. Not every player can do good in skills. And not every player is skilled.

The camera work is already bit troublesome, because if i am wrong faced, i cannot turn fast, i need even ALT key pressed to turn a bit.

Some enemies even wait until the protection spell of my character wears out. Is that not way too good programmed "AI"?

Have you problems with ToI enemies? Are they too good at lower levels?

Once they get you, they'll just keep you stunned until they've killed you. I suppose the only way they could provide the players with a 'challenge' is:

1. Give enemy higher numbers than the player.

2A. Take away player interaction.

2B. Might 2A fail: give enemy perfect ping and read player input.

7 minutes ago, Milennin said:

Once they get you, they'll just keep you stunned until they've killed you. I suppose the only way they could provide the players with a 'challenge' is:

1. Give enemy higher numbers than the player.
2A. Take away player interaction.
2B. Might 2A fail: give enemy perfect ping and read player input.

You got it right. They keep you stunned as possible.

What are tricks to keep stuns low? Have you good tactics for it? Because Floor 40 is pretty high, and 80 is way more (there is also Archievement for it) there must some tricks to make it possible.

I think the purpose is to force you to have a dragon forge weapon so that the difficulty comes down to the pre-patch level with an ascendant weapon. Come on, they have been doing this ninja nerf/ninja buff thing for two years and it is very easy to guess what they want.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Xenosaga:

So... i know in pvp the perfect stun chance has lower chance, but in ToI some classes can make good stuns, so i am frozen for many seconds, again and again.

TOI never was designed to be fair PVP. Without endgear you wont have much chances to reach higher foors. 

About the stuns this video is a good example how much TOI was created to frustrate players.

Its a good example to show, how much the defence of the NPC will be increased with lower HP and how the NPC turns from noob to perfect and 100-0 you. 

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ like this still can happend, even on lower floors from ~50 upwards.

vor 24 Minuten schrieb Nyvva:

I think the purpose is to force you to have a dragon forge weapon so that the difficulty comes down to the pre-patch level with an ascendant weapon. Come on, they have been doing this ninja nerf/ninja buff thing for two years and it is very easy to guess what they want.

Yeah ascendent Weapon will help a lot to get to the higher floors, but i still feel like NPCs are pretty unimpressed by the fokus damage ascendent will deal, at least i never felt it had any effects to the NPC. Anyway, i reach much higher Floors with ascendent, then with my raven weapon.

There is only one thing im realy frighten of, when they add the Gunner to TOI...

While ToI bots do cheat (especially kfms) and read your inputs, react to the inputs within 1ms and have the ability to perform perfect stunlocks, they are still just bots. Can't even call it an AI, they're just programmed (quite badly I should add) to do a thing x when thing y happens. That means you only need to learn how to exploit their weakness in the programming.

A good example of exploiting the bad programming is FM vs SF; generally a really hard matchup if you just try to pvp them. But there's a massive flaw in their programming, which is that they will not switch to melee stance ever unless you use RB/LB against them (to which they react by reading the input and countering the skill) or get too close. So what you can do is to bait out the initial opener, get 8+ meters away and never use RB/LB and they will do nothing but spam ranged skills, making the matchup completely free.

All classes have ways to deal with the bots if you find the correct setups and flaws in the programming, and I'm sure you can find guides for your specific class if you do some digging.

11 hours ago, Statler said:

There is only one thing im realy frighten of, when they add the Gunner to TOI...

This is my worry too....fire gunners are still very strong in burst damage. But yeah you can learn their flaws if you would spend some time it, as some of my friends did.

16 hours ago, Statler said:

TOI never was designed to be fair PVP. Without endgear you wont have much chances to reach higher foors. 

About the stuns this video is a good example how much TOI was created to frustrate players.

Its a good example to show, how much the defence of the NPC will be increased with lower HP and how the NPC turns from noob to perfect and 100-0 you. 

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ like this still can happend, even on lower floors from ~50 upwards.

Yeah ascendent Weapon will help a lot to get to the higher floors, but i still feel like NPCs are pretty unimpressed by the fokus damage ascendent will deal, at least i never felt it had any effects to the NPC. Anyway, i reach much higher Floors with ascendent, then with my raven weapon.

DUDE

that's the sadest thing I saw in a long time... really.

Be warned: ToI is just a sadistic, masochist, rage-inducing, sadness simulator, used to check how long it took you to lose your patience.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb poisonedOcean:

DUDE

that's the sadest thing I saw in a long time... really.

Be warned: ToI is just a sadistic, masochist, rage-inducing, sadness simulator, used to check how long it took you to lose your patience.

Well its not me in this footage. A friend of mine send me this video because i always going enrage in this damn TOI ^^

Like people said already boots in toi have flaws / fixed way to react learn those and it will be easy. Not to mention you can easily get up to floor 50 without any pvp gear. Past that it's best if you at least have pvp soulshields to survive. Toi was never meant to be easy it's supposed to be harder as you go higher.

I must say, the showed video is really scary example how bots suddenly turns in perfect bots... If you think you win, suddenly bot turn the tables over and wins. No!!!

If i fight in PVP battles with other players, there are enough chances to win.
But if i fight in TOI..... i am so hopeless with long stuns. Way too good.

This is almost illegal programming, reading inputs is not allowed because that is exactly what botting tool does. They react very fast on your keypresses with perfect counterattacks.

Are there guides with found flaws in bots?

On 02/04/2018 at 7:51 AM, Statler said:

he just turned into Cookiezi from osu and read you easily like manga...

One of the most annoying things is the increasing deffence of the opponents in TOI. Had a KFM on the 76th floor. at about 200k health left i only hit with about 10% of my normal damage. At the end i lost becaus i ran out of time :/ Also  the KFM escaped ever damn CC i did and as Sum i have a lot of CCs

Am 4.4.2018 um 06:56 schrieb HateMe:

Past that it's best if you at least have pvp soulshields to survive.

Im using PVP Weapon and full BT soulshields with 50 point in def and 10 in attack. The damage is not that problem. The problem is, they can CC you to death because they always have cooldown resets when they need them.

• 1 month later...

The bots in ToI are still annoying. They are also not friendly for newbies.

And there is no option to start lower floor. When you win at some floors, you start already at higher level. But that will makes 3x win only more harder, even you're not smart with skills. I knowe because not all players have pvp experiences, fight with bot feels as pvp play.

One NPC sells 5F start tickets, but they're for quest only, not for ToI normal access / fight. This should locked away when it's not part of quest, or explained right in tooltip.

But aside this, the bots are somewhat too "smart" programmed. They know how avoid some skills, and if you're facing wrong (i hate camera view lock) they will just immediately kick your ass. Destroyer for example will use many times distance stun, which is also very annoying.

And also, they know perfectly how to use combos.

Don't forgot they can read a bit your keypresses. Which is actually not full legal botting. Foreread keypresses is not allowed, because it will makes them react faster at your actions.

Yeah, bots can reacts very fast at some actions. They seems read client data (don't think they use server data for it, because it has higher lag) to prevent lagging in fight.

I know because if i lag in the fight (client freeze, server lagging and other problems like white screen) you can see bots have no problems at all and just keep kicking at you.

When you're recovered a bit, your health is already lowered pretty much, or you're already dead. Ticket wasted.

If we have pvp arena fight, we don't see such unfair problems, but ToI is player-computer fight, so we will face unfair problems where computer side has advantage.

Archived