Locking already unlocked skills...

yohannbiimu

I'm not sure what this is about, but it appears that you can lock skills that have already been unlocked, and I'd like to know if there would be any good reason to do so.  And, if so, can locking away lesser advantageous abilities make my character's attacks and defense stronger?  

Generally you'll want to disable skills that result in a dps loss if you end up using them for a reason or another. For example, some classes might want to disable their air extend skills in pve since it's really easy to accidentally hit those if someone aerials a boss. Another good example is force masters who use divine dragon bracelet since the latest patch; we disable dual dragons because it's on the same hotkey as our bracelet buff and takes priority over the bracelet buff skill. We'll just rather not cast dual dragons ever in that case. In fact, being able to disable skills is the only reason why divine dragon bracelet is now any good for fm.

Some skills you'll never want to use in pvp, might as well disable those from pvp builds. Countless of other situational usages for it.

32 minutes ago, MrBubbles said:

Generally you'll want to disable skills that result in a dps loss if you end up using them for a reason or another. For example, some classes might want to disable their air extend skills in pve since it's really easy to accidentally hit those if someone aerials a boss. Another good example is force masters who use divine dragon bracelet since the latest patch; we disable dual dragons because it's on the same hotkey as our bracelet buff and takes priority over the bracelet buff skill. We'll just rather not cast dual dragons ever in that case. In fact, being able to disable skills is the only reason why divine dragon bracelet is now any good for fm.

Some skills you'll never want to use in pvp, might as well disable those from pvp builds. Countless of other situational usages for it.

I appreciate the reply, thanks.  Are there any posts on suggestions of what skills aren't advantageous in order to make the best use of what you can do?  My primary character is a force master, but I'm also using others.  I'm REALLY uninformed about what I'm supposed to do in order to make full use of what these guys can do, so any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, yohannbiimu said:

I appreciate the reply, thanks.  Are there any posts on suggestions of what skills aren't advantageous in order to make the best use of what you can do?  My primary character is a force master, but I'm also using others.  I'm REALLY uninformed about what I'm supposed to do in order to make full use of what these guys can do, so any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

I can only give FM skills offhand.

Fire build in pve:

Dual dragons (F with both frost and fire orbs) - Mandatory to disable if using divine dragon bracelet, do not disable with tiger bracelet.

Multiple Blaze (4 channeling skill) - Optional, it's pretty easy to cast accidentally when using shadow grasp.

Frost tornado/snowball (ice X) and frost fury (ice F) - Optional. Can be beneficial to disable if you struggle at buffering into fire stance for inferno (fire x) and dragonblaze (fire f) and end up constantly miscasting these frost counterparts. Both skills can also be used for quick focus regen and frost tornado is actually useful in some solo instances (16-20f and outlaw island) for the block break, so I'd keep them on.

Frost build in pve:

Chi bomb (4 channeling skill) - easy to miscast when using shadow grasp. You'll never ever want to cast it under any circumstances anyway.

Dragonblaze (fire F) - Same as disabling frost fury in fire build. Does nothing for you and it's easy to miscast if your stance switching isn't on point.

Those are the only ones that come to mind. Remember to re-enable for pvp, except for chi bomb. That thing is always useless except for trolling/taunting.

4 hours ago, MrBubbles said:

Also to add to this, Knock down skills - at the end game dungeons you want to STUN bosses only. Few require KD, rest is 9/10 situations require stun so it's better to disable those knock downs to not mess up mechanics in dungeon.

Or it's not air extend skills only, it can be skills that launches in air and is on the same button as one of the main rotation spam skill. Like Assassin for example, he always spam F in his basic rotation and knock up skill is also at F so they often launch boss after he gets stunned and that's not what you want during boss fight.

Archived