[Suggestion] Other ways to obtain Swordsman's hat

Spyroxion

Hello, so, our beloved Junghado on 7th floor of Mushins tower drops this really rare Swordsman's hat. And it is hard to get (since it's release on lvl 45 cap, from all my chars I did in total maybe 500 runs or so and never saw it). If you want to farm it now.... Well it goes like this: Loading screen to room, loading screen from room to tower it self (let's say you use 5th floor ticket) > you kill boss within seconds > you wait until door opens to go further (old system) > your run next floor > kill boss within seconds > wait until door opens > run next floor > kill Junghado within seconds > teleport out (loading screen) > repeat.

So, end result is you spend 90% of time farming this hat on loading screens and waiting for door to open to progress to next floor. In the past it wasn't that tedious because it took some time to clear it so you was spending most of the time fighting instead of waiting and loading. But that's not the case with current gear standards. 

My suggestion would be either 1) add exchange to get hat for Warrior tokens (drops 1 - 7f); 2) Add at achievement merchant for 1000 or 1250 achievement points + gold + fabrics (the usual).

Some of cosmetics from old continent was added to Achievement merchant or other exchanges, why not add this hat considering the fact that you have to farm with old system of Mushins tower that just stops you with loading screens and wait times for doors to open.

Edited by Spyroxion

4 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

God no..

A reason for "no" would be? 

It's an old continent, it has no profit in it, "farming" it is spending time in loading screens and wait time for doors to open (unlike 9+ floors where you can instantly after fight go through the gate). I don't really see a reason for no, but if you have please state why.

16 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

A reason for "no" would be? 

It's an old continent, it has no profit in it, "farming" it is spending time in loading screens and wait time for doors to open (unlike 9+ floors where you can instantly after fight go through the gate). I don't really see a reason for no, but if you have please state why.

Dozens of people spent hours/days on farming this. You're now asking it to be free. Everybody has 1250 Achievement Points, and gold+fabrics are nothing. I'm tired of people wanting to make every cosmetic that farmers can be proud of, a worthless item everyone can just get by paying a 5 minute visit to the achievement vendor.

The profit you ask for is the hat. Also, Junghado actually has a decent chance of dropping an Elysian Orb. That's profit, too.

Anyways, unless you find a way to compensate the people who spent weeks, or months, farming to get it, it shouldn't be given away for free.

(Because both options you gave are basically no different than giving it away for 1 copper.)

You want something? Work for it.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

Dozens of people spent hours/days on farming this. You're now asking it to be free. Everybody has 1250 Achievement Points, and gold+fabrics are nothing. I'm tired of people wanting to make every cosmetic that farmers can be proud of, a worthless item everyone can just get by paying a 5 minute visit to the achievement vendor.

The profit you ask for is the hat. Also, Junghado actually has a decent chance of dropping an Elysian Orb. That's profit, too.

Anyways, unless you find a way to compensate the people who spent weeks, or months, farming to get it, it shouldn't be given away for free.

(Because both options you gave are basically no different than giving it away for 1 copper.)

You see, thing is I farmed my ass off back in the day for blackwidow mask, what as the result? Appeared in Merchant of wonders and people just grabbed them for few gold. I farmed something else - appears again in some event/sale. I farmed my ass off and was saving up for months to go from true boss to Bale 6 what happened? It's free now. Or 5 silver if you want to re-roll for 6 gem slots. All the hours and days/weeks of event grind I used to do on like 3-4 alts for a gem that now can be bought from dragon express and few times better, what about that? Should I go and cry about how it is unfair that I had to work so hard for worse gems than can be gotten really easy now? heck gems you get from story are better than from events few years ago. A lot of things I worked like hell is now basically free. But I don't ask for compensation because they can get for free. Why? Because updates happens, old  continent gets pushed back, it becomes more of a nuisance rather than enjoyment. Like look at 1-7f, it is completely outdated, even doors don't let you speed it up. People complain about F8 of 3 loading screens, ghee go try farm Jinghado in current gear meta, that thing is 10000000000x worse than going to F8 dungeons via loading screens. It was fun to farm him at lvl 45 cap upon his release but now.... Just give it a shot...

If 1250 seems to small, maybe something like 1500-1700? For newer characters it is something that they should spend time in reaching (characters from day 1 of course will have tons of achievement points from farming old dungeons that are not even on F8 now).

Problem is not the farming it self but how game system it self stops you from decent farming and makes it painful. Like also look at dreadtide arena, my god I'm beyond happy I got Infinite Challenge within few runs (meanwhile Junghado in total 500+ and counting) because of how much time you just wait for NPC to finish talking. And to be honest, if they would add Infinite Challenge to Achievement vendor I wouldn't be mad, why? Well because I know what kind of pain is to do this dungeon, what kind of nuisance it is + I got it a while ago, I could enjoy this outfit for longer time then people who would have gotten it from Achievements.

• Like 2

"I could enjoy this outfit for longer time then people who would have gotten it from Achievements." 

Exactly, so why make an easy way where everybody can get it in 5 minutes, and nobody enjoys it anymore? It'll become over-used, cus everyone has it, and then it will be an average "noob" item, and nobody will use it anymore. No thank you.

34 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

"I could enjoy this outfit for longer time then people who would have gotten it from Achievements." 

Exactly, so why make an easy way where everybody can get it in 5 minutes, and nobody enjoys it anymore? It'll become over-used, cus everyone has it, and then it will be an average "noob" item, and nobody will use it anymore. No thank you.

I think we differ at this situation. For me personally, I do not care if cosmetic is being widely used or not, nor I get something rare just to show off (if I wanted to do that, I would use cowboy set from founders pack + red mask from one place that I got from (seriously, since I came back I am yet to see anyone using red mask)). For me it's like, I play the character, I get to see characters look all the time and if it looks good for me - I'm wearing that despite if it is being widely used or not. Sometimes I put on completely generic outfits (I change my outfits like my socks) just because it looks nice.

If person doesn't wear something because other guy is wearing that is more of a personal problem and makes me question: "do you play for your self or just to show off for others?" But I guess that's just different points of view towards the game.

• Like 1

Yes, and for me, certain cosmetics show "I worked for this" (like Infinite Challenge, Swordsman Hat, ZW Ruins stuff). Rare cosmetics are nearly extinct. Red Mask was in a trove. Spider Fang Horns was in a trove. Noble of the Sea is in Merchant of Wonders. Etc. Can we leave some for cosmetic farmers to stand out, please?

20 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

Yes, and for me, certain cosmetics show "I worked for this" (like Infinite Challenge, Swordsman Hat, ZW Ruins stuff). Rare cosmetics are nearly extinct. Red Mask was in a trove. Spider Fang Horns was in a trove. Noble of the Sea is in Merchant of Wonders. Etc. Can we leave some for cosmetic farmers to stand out, please?

Red mask was in trove? Oh ffs... 

Well usually my standpoint is that cosmetics from old continent should be easier to get and from current one you should work your behind off in order to get them. And since Swordsman's hat is from old continent it should be easier to get, either by achievement points, as I said like 1500-1700 or some certain achievement, like 100 Junghado kill one, something that is not RNG but you still need to work for, or improving farming conditions (like at least make gates open right after boss dies, teleport not to outside but to room where you enter tower, cut the talks in the Dreadtide aren etc.
However, they should stop putting those rare cosmetics in merchant of wonders, this thing for sure just gives out for free rare and nice cosmetics...

Yeah the first trove was filled with rare cosmetics, red mask, spider fang, obsidian set, and even high dragon set. Glad they stopped doing that.

And I agree getting rid of the door issue would be a good fix for 1-8 (seriously, the door after Silver Deva takes a full 20 seconds to open..)

Why assume that those who are asking for another way to get the item haven't farmed for it and just not gotten it? Nothing wrong with having an alternative option to get things. I remember when I farmed dreadtide arena for months for infinite challenge, hours a day and still never got it so I gave up. Meanwhile others brag about getting it on a first try or 10 tries. I didn't mind farming but after months of doing it and having no sense of progress it gets redundant. So atleast have an achievement for kills or items that drop from the boss itself to exchange for the outfits.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

Yeah the first trove was filled with rare cosmetics, red mask, spider fang, obsidian set, and even high dragon set. Glad they stopped doing that.

And I agree getting rid of the door issue would be a good fix for 1-8 (seriously, the door after Silver Deva takes a full 20 seconds to open..)

Well it is nice when they put some cosmetics into Trove or other events but it's not nice when it's off the chart xD

That's why I won't farm 4th floor costume although I like it, will only keep on trying to get the hat but doors alone is driving me nuts...

56 minutes ago, SalemK said:

Why assume that those who are asking for another way to get the item haven't farmed for it and just not gotten it? Nothing wrong with having an alternative option to get things. I remember when I farmed dreadtide arena for months for infinite challenge, hours a day and still never got it so I gave up. Meanwhile others brag about getting it on a first try or 10 tries. I didn't mind farming but after months of doing it and having no sense of progress it gets redundant. So atleast have an achievement for kills or items that drop from the boss itself to exchange for the outfits.

Preach. I am an outfit farmer (have obsidian serpent outfit + black veil, red mask (farmed), infinite challenge, poharan stuff (ghee had to run few hundred times to finish collecting stuff) and all kind of other outfits that are not so easy to get in my wardrobe..) and the one who can run hundreds of times just to get one piece of cosmetic, like now with Jinghado hat I started farm upon Mushin's tower release back in lvl 45 cap. Yup started farming one cosmetic years ago. Never seen it drop. Never got it on any character. Only stupid bodyguard outfits. And indeed, I would love to finally somehow get it (not by Merchant of wonders or trove) but that wouldn't be RNG. I really don't think that getting one cosmetic part should be harder than gearing up with entire end game set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SalemK said:

Never assumed that. I'm just against making all rare cosmetics common, as I said before. Why can't there be any cosmetics left for farmers to enjoy?

I remember when i first started to do this dungeon back when it was released.

After 5-8 clears i obtained both the costume and the hat.

Haven't really done it since...

4hJbRkL.jpg

3 hours ago, XR said:

I remember when i first started to do this dungeon back when it was released.

After 5-8 clears i obtained both the costume and the hat.

Haven't really done it since...

4hJbRkL.jpg

3 hours ago, XR said:

And yes. I cleared Outlaw Island once and obtained the Outfit as you can see from the whispers lol

Ezz40wS.jpg

It's just pure luck if you happen to stumble upon something.

That's why we need adjustment.... I'm farming for Junghado hat from day 1 of it's release and never saw it since and here people get it within few runs, like one of my friends who quit the game now, got the hat in first few runs...

13 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Never assumed that. I'm just against making all rare cosmetics common, as I said before. Why can't there be any cosmetics left for farmers to enjoy?

Some of your responses come off that way as if people that don't have it, haven't tried to work for it. Like this one that you tell the OP:

19 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Also just because someone farmed for it doesn't mean they necessarily "worked for it:, as I said before some people get it on their first try. What about those of us that farmed for a cosmetic for months and still haven't gotten anything? That's why there needs to be an alternative option. Bad enough all the new cosmetics that people want are being put into rng but now you mean to tell me I can't get an ingame outfit within a reasonable time frame as well. I'm a huge cosmetic collector so I don't mind farming but again the line has to be drawn somewhere.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Onbekend said:

Enjoy? I am sorry but I can not get this cosmetic for what now, over 2 years while some people get from few runs? And I have even now deal with so much time waste on doors and loading screens n stuff like that and it doesn't drop. So you want to say person who got from 8th run deserves but me who is trying for years to get I don't? It needs alternative man. I want to enjoy cosmetic, but I can't because it doesn't drop and there is NO alternative.

Edited by Spyroxion
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ygnizem said:

I think they found a way to make this profitable to their end. The last merchant of wonder featured old content outfits, I wont be surprised if they do this again anytime soon.

what do you mean by "profitable" they don't gain money from it or anything 

1 hour ago, GrimmxD said:

what do you mean by "profitable" they don't gain money from it or anything 

Were you here when Merchant of Wonders would spawn in Cold Storage and Heavens Mandate and had oils and good gem (good in those days) inside? People were buying resets like CRAZY. SO yeah, they can make quite a profit to say the least.

5 hours ago, SalemK said:

Some of your responses come off that way as if people that don't have it, haven't tried to work for it. Like this one that you tell the OP:

Also just because someone farmed for it doesn't mean they necessarily "worked for it:, as I said before some people get it on their first try. What about those of us that farmed for a cosmetic for months and still haven't gotten anything? That's why there needs to be an alternative option. Bad enough all the new cosmetics that people want are being put into rng but now you mean to tell me I can't get an ingame outfit within a reasonable time frame as well. I'm a huge cosmetic collector so I don't mind farming but again the line has to be drawn somewhere.

The main post says he has done 500+ runs. Me being aware of that should already disprove that I assume he hasn't worked for it.

5 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

Enjoy? I am sorry but I can not get this cosmetic for what now, over 2 years while some people get from few runs? And I have even now deal with so much time waste on doors and loading screens n stuff like that and it doesn't drop. So you want to say person who got from 8th run deserves but me who is trying for years to get I don't? It needs alternative man. I want to enjoy cosmetic, but I can't because it doesn't drop and there is NO alternative.

And yes, some people get stuff on their first attempt (if you can even call it an attempt). That's RNG. You probably got something on one of your first attempts as well sometime. What's are you trying to say? Nobody should get stuff on their first attempt? (Also, someone who got it after 500 runs is more proud to have it, than someone with 8 runs.)

Also, that wall of text didn't answer my question in any way, so I'll ask again: why don't we leave some rare cosmetics as they are: rare. Every game has cosmetics with a 0.1% (or lower) dropchance. Why get rid of all of these in B&S?

34 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

The main post says he has done 500+ runs. Me being aware of that should already disprove that I assume he hasn't worked for it.

And yes, some people get stuff on their first attempt (if you can even call it an attempt). That's RNG. You probably got something on one of your first attempts as well sometime. What's are you trying to say? Nobody should get stuff on their first attempt? (Also, someone who got it after 500 runs is more proud to have it, than someone with 8 runs.)

Also, that wall of text didn't answer my question in any way, so I'll ask again: why don't we leave some rare cosmetics as they are: rare. Every game has cosmetics with a 0.1% (or lower) dropchance. Why get rid of all of these in B&S?

Because your question doesn't fit my suggestion. I am  talking about one specific cosmetic that you need to farm on old, outdated, time wasting system (you can see the difference between how floors go 1-7 and between 9-20 just by doors alone). My main point is that it is OUTDATED. They didn't repeat the mistake with doors on further floors but didn't handle their first mess up + amount of loading screens that is way more and more often than farming any kind of dungeon + extremely ridiculous drop rate. I am not talking about any others because others can be farmed in normal dungeons, even in outdated ones like Bloodshade harbor if you want mask or some outfit can be just simply ran as a normal dungeon. 

So I am talking about one thing and you ask me why get rid of ALL which completely doesn't fit my query.