Forums

Anyone else miss out on the free outfits during pvp tourney?

anon753159

Did everyone who wanted the free outfits claim them or did most people not even know about this? I'm dumbfounded that they announce a giveaway in a news posting titled Battle Brawl view guide and then never mention it again anywhere. Common sense says that you announce a giveaway in an announcement about a giveaway. With cosmetics in this game being such a big deal for a lot of people this was communicated unbelievably poorly. I missed out on all the free stuff. I originally thought it was just a single outfit. Turns out it was multiple outfits which makes it even worse. The most I heard about the pvp tourney was that there were some codes being given away during some stream.

Just wondering if people got their outfits and if  people generally knew about this or if this was largely unknown? I haven't seen a single thread thanking NC for the free outfits or complaining that they missed out so I don't know how well informed the community was. I have absolutely no interest in pvp so I never read the pvp news compared to any other news postings which I always read through.

1 hour ago, anon753159 said:

Just wondering if people got their outfits and if  people generally knew about this or if this was largely unknown? I haven't seen a single thread thanking NC for the free outfits or complaining that they missed out so I don't know how well informed the community was. I have absolutely no interest in pvp so I never read the pvp news compared to any other news postings which I always read through.

Most didn't get anything. There were roughly 5k+ viewers and something like 6-7 codes, each having 200 uses and to top it all off, the "special" gift they tried to hype people for, was one of the lamest outfits to date. You have no idea about the scale of the rage that ensued when the second day stream ended. The chat was comedy gold, both on twitch and on yt :D

The fights were awesome, but the format was icky as hell. First, the commentators didn't have any hype. It was like watching the late evening news and weather prognosis, or like listening to two eastern philosophers have a clam debate about the meaning of life.

The combat info was presented into a really congested manner too and the interviews were more or less done without a prior notice being given the contestants, or at least it seemed that way. I've seen foreign first years in our college articulate better when asked a question in between classes...

3 hours ago, anon753159 said:

Did everyone who wanted the free outfits claim them or did most people not even know about this? I'm dumbfounded that they announce a giveaway in a news posting titled Battle Brawl view guide and then never mention it again anywhere. Common sense says that you announce a giveaway in an announcement about a giveaway. With cosmetics in this game being such a big deal for a lot of people this was communicated unbelievably poorly. I missed out on all the free stuff. I originally thought it was just a single outfit. Turns out it was multiple outfits which makes it even worse. The most I heard about the pvp tourney was that there were some codes being given away during some stream.

That was the biggest waste of time ever dude. Over 4k people watching the stream they limit the outfits to 200 lol. Also They listed the shock jock outfit in F10 for like 20mins after the stream ended as well on saturday evening. I'm like dude these people are off the chain.

27 minutes ago, YungBlaze said:

That was the biggest waste of time ever dude. Over 4k people watching the stream they limit the outfits to 200 lol. Also They listed the shock jock outfit in F10 for like 20mins after the stream ended as well on saturday evening. I'm like dude these people are off the chain.

And you know what time it was in Europe when they released this 20 min outfits? About 2-3am GMT+1....... Like who cares about Europe right? Like completely. (Forgetting the fact that people who were online or near compute could have gotten them, 24hrs would have made more sense world wide)

If you were in game instead of watching the stream you would get the outfit a few minutes before they announce on stream. Also from the 3 outfits they were giving they chose the one that many players already had (I got 3 from the 1 ncoin box).

It was nearly impossible to get an outfit watching the stream unless you used a software to capture the code AND had a very low latency. So basically if they keep this format it is just better not waste time unless you like watching warlocks, sins, destroyers and bds pvping. (kudos to bowcute fanclub for playing kfm)

Wow. Didn't realize how big of a mess this was. It explains the absence of any threads on this topic. NC unapologetic as ever and never acknowledging there was a problem. Would be nice if they just made the outfits available from f10 for a week or something but it'll never happen. Would be a nice goodwill gesture. All I knew about was that Shock Jock was in f10 for like 30min and I thought that was just stupid. I logged into the game a few minutes after they removed it. Really sucks for Europeans too. Anyone talk to support about this and get them to award you the outfits? Just curious if that works.

Hey NC, reward your player base, not ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ them off. Geez.......

8 hours ago, anon753159 said:

Did everyone who wanted the free outfits claim them or did most people not even know about this? I'm dumbfounded that they announce a giveaway in a news posting titled Battle Brawl view guide and then never mention it again anywhere.

Just wondering if people got their outfits and if  people generally knew about this or if this was largely unknown?

It was said in the game's launcher, and in the little tab when you log in (F1). So yeah, they mentioned it enough.

7 hours ago, Onbekend said:

It was said in the game's launcher, and in the little tab when you log in (F1). So yeah, they mentioned it enough.

But do you realize that for Eu players it was close to impossible to get unless you play somewhere at 1-5 am (different time zones in EU)? 

Just curious, which outfit was the F10 outfit at the end of the tournament? I got frustrated trying to type in codes and not getting anything, so I gave up. I was SO tired of hearing Barney saying "hopes and dreams", and his hair got on my nerves. --And the little fella from "The Big Bang Theory" talked over him so much that he couldn't get a word in, most of the Stream. Oh, and hearing "doing as much damage as he possibly can" was used SO much, that I do NOT see a future in sports commentatin for either of them.

I know it's THE "esports pose", but seeing these guys with their arms folded all the time was getting me even more ticked off.  lol

Day 1 i watched on twitch and could not redeem a single code.

Noticed that there was a 2-4sec delay on twitch compared to youtube.

Day 2 i watched on youtube and managed to claim all 3 costumes.

83xgcoU.jpg

Sadly the codes given on Day 2 were 3x Shock Jock's 2x Lights out 1x Undefeated

Then to top it off the "Special Gift" wasn't just for people watching. It was tossed in the Hongmoon Store for all to claim for 20mins...

And of course it just had to be the *Shock Jock Costume which was even in Cryptogram Event, Not to mention a chance in the *The Mystery Puzzle Box not to long ago.

What can you do...

On 28/03/2018 at 9:27 AM, Spyroxion said:

But do you realize that for Eu players it was close to impossible to get unless you play somewhere at 1-5 am (different time zones in EU)? 

The question was if it was mentioned anywhere, because OP missed any info about it. It was mentioned in other places.

13 hours ago, Onbekend said:

The question was if it was mentioned anywhere, because OP missed any info about it. It was mentioned in other places.

I understand but also want to add that even if it is announced, EU players had to stay awake almost entire night to try to get the outfits, which is beyond stupid, non professional and just shows how they don't care about players, at all. Like screw, EU players, right?

18 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

I understand but also want to add that even if it is announced, EU players had to stay awake almost entire night to try to get the outfits, which is beyond stupid, non professional and just shows how they don't care about players, at all. Like screw, EU players, right?

And even if we did stay, the Eu stream had 4-5 seconds delay to the NA stream (on yt. On twitch the delay was over 9 seconds), so it was gg from the very beginning :JinyungHappy:

5 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

And even if we did stay, the Eu stream had 4-5 seconds delay to the NA stream (on yt. On twitch the delay was over 9 seconds), so it was gg from the very beginning :JinyungHappy:

That's even better, horray! Let's hope on next stream they add those outfits in F10 so we can grab them in 20 min window at 3am!! :PoharanHappy:

An outfit is always an opportunity to make cash, so of course they are gonna put Undefeated up in F10 eventually, the question is when? And in what form? 

In what form, I mean whether it's gonna be in a RNG box or not, because that would be a really :puke: move. *I like Undefeated because it has tight jeans and bikini top...*

1 hour ago, Spyroxion said:

That's not the topic, though.

Also, 1-3 AM isn't "the entire night"

Also, delay is a dumb excuse; I'm EU and got every code where I didn't mess up myself.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

That's not the topic, though.

Also, 1-3 AM isn't "the entire night"

Also, delay is a dumb excuse; I'm EU and got every code where I didn't mess up myself.

If I were to make topic about missing out costumes due to bad time for EU players it most likely would be merged with this topic because it comes down to same stream, same problem just from different angle. 

I know it isn't entire night, but it is completely out of boundaries that you have to stay up to 3 am (picking this time because it is middle, for some EU people was a bit earlier, for some later due to time zones) to get an outfit. While yes, you can do that, and some people did that, but if you need to go to school/University/job, to cut down sleep to 3-4hrs just for game? That is a big big mistake from the staff and it is a fact.

29 minutes ago, Spyroxion said:

If I were to make topic about missing out costumes due to bad time for EU players it most likely would be merged with this topic because it comes down to same stream, same problem just from different angle. 

I know it isn't entire night, but it is completely out of boundaries that you have to stay up to 3 am (picking this time because it is middle, for some EU people was a bit earlier, for some later due to time zones) to get an outfit. While yes, you can do that, and some people did that, but if you need to go to school/University/job, to cut down sleep to 3-4hrs just for game? That is a big big mistake from the staff and it is a fact.

So what are they supposed to do, make the stream go from 3 am to 10 am in NA? This isn't the same as the maintenance times issue, where people ask for a solution where both sides are happy. 10am-5pm(NA) and 6pm-1am(EU) (or 8pm-3am) is clearly the best for both sides.

And no, "not enough info about free outfits stream" isn't nearly the same as "free outfits stream bad time for EU".

3 hours ago, Spyroxion said:

And you think they care about NA players just because they do maintenance and streams on their time and not EU? The only reason NA gets it on their time is because that is where their employees work. I doubt if the times were the same that you would feel satisfied lol it takes more than that to make players happy.

Archived