Can we get an equipment based bg?

Laura099

I don't understand bg anymore. What's the point of getting gear?
When 99% of the time, you end of with a bunch of baleful/seraph lowbies, afkers, n whatnot, while the other team has dforged?
What's the point of upgrading when there's a clear class imbalance, or you get 5v1ed?
If we had a matchmaking system tiered off of weapon, this wouldn't happen.
So why, ncwest, why do you refuse this of us so much?
"our matchmaking system is fair and based off of ranking"
There's this special thing you can do by hitting the quit button during a match. It's called deranking.
The gap between bronze and silver is so high, that if i get a couple bronzes in my team, i get grandslammed and end up stuck at 1330
Honestly it might be more worth it to derank myself and farm said baleful/seraphs, but i want to have fun. I want to have fun and pvp.

15 hours ago, DeathGodd said:

or just make a standard gear for every one so its actually a skill based bg ... :/ 

Sorry but BG will never be like that because its pretty big source of money for NCSoft. It would be like BMW would make car that is beautiful and it will last you for 25 years. They can do that, but they would go bankrupt. 

On 27. 3. 2018 at 6:20 AM, Laura099 said:

I don't understand bg anymore. What's the point of getting gear?
When 99% of the time, you end of with a bunch of baleful/seraph lowbies, afkers, n whatnot, while the other team has dforged?

For AKF people i would like to see auto bans for 1 hour / 5 hours / 1 day / 2 days / 5 days / week if it repeats and they are inactive. 

On 27. 3. 2018 at 6:20 AM, Laura099 said:

If we had a matchmaking system tiered off of weapon, this wouldn't happen.
So why, ncwest, why do you refuse this of us so much?
"our matchmaking system is fair and based off of ranking"
There's this special thing you can do by hitting the quit button during a match. It's called deranking.
The gap between bronze and silver is so high, that if i get a couple bronzes in my team, i get grandslammed and end up stuck at 1330
Honestly it might be more worth it to derank myself and farm said baleful/seraphs, but i want to have fun. I want to have fun and pvp.

For that I want to see requirement for joining ranked BG: You need to have at least lvl 1 Ascendant weapon (not pve, raven or aransu but PvP asc weapon), honestly this is pretty easy right now, it would take like week or two of normal daily farming. That is not much to joing ranked BG, many other games has requirements that take longer to meet if you dont pay real money.

As for the gaps I would WELCOME overall decrese of dmg in BG beause its all about opener and if you oneshot or get oneshoted. I admid you need skill even for that but make whole BG around it is Lame. Something like Debuff that lower normal AP by 300 or 500 or set it on 700-800 for everyone. That would make PvP AP more important and fight less bursty and make more room for strategy and manuvering. But Its only whishful thinking now :(

And another thing is if you talk with someone in gold tier with full PvP gear, I am sure they would give you a lot different answer. 

If you get gear and have the skill, you'll quickly climb out of the baleful/seraph matches. Once you hit high silver or gold, it becomes pretty rare that you'll be matched against or with significantly lower geared players.

12 hours ago, MidwinterCZ said:

As for the gaps I would WELCOME overall decrese of dmg in BG beause its all about opener and if you oneshot or get oneshoted. I admid you need skill even for that but make whole BG around it is Lame. Something like Debuff that lower normal AP by 300 or 500 or set it on 700-800 for everyone. That would make PvP AP more important and fight less bursty and make more room for strategy and manuvering. But Its only whishful thinking now :(

Some damage reduction like disabling souls altogether in BG would be nice, but in 1v1, 1v2 or 2v2 situations it really isn't about the opener anymore in high ranks. Everyone there knows to iframe/avoid the openers and fights can get really drawn out because of that. It's the chaotic 6+ people fights where one shots mostly happen since it's nigh impossible to react to all of it.

Archived