Rotation

LordSwift

It depends a bit on you're gear. What Soul Badge and Mystic Badge you're using. So yes it can change from bt to vt.

I made a video guide with the current Patch. It can work for you when you have BT Gear. Holy Fire Build Gunner Guide

But if you don't have that gear and are like MSP Gear follow these rules:

- Animation Cancel you're RMB with Unload

- Use Firefall to get some Free Unload

- Open the fight with v (if you have Tiger bracelet), use just 1 time 4 (for the buff on add) and then Tab + F

so V -> 4 -> Tab -> F ->LMB -> F -> LMB -> F ->LMB -> F etc

- Allways use Triple shot when it procs to get 5 explosive Rounds. So 3 -> F -> RMB -> F -> RMB -> F etc

- Use V only if you have tiger bracelet, else don't bother

These rules should be enough

The Rotation can change when you get vt gear. But now don't bother when you still have like MSP Gear.

13 hours ago, Dokodo said:

so V -> 4 -> Tab -> F ->LMB -> F -> LMB -> F ->LMB -> F etc

You want to do 4 first and then V so you can have just that little bit more up time on your aransu + tiger buff. And using 4 first allows you to have a chance to use up the rounds you gain before soul CD comes off cool down. As long as you use the last of the 4 one second before your entire bullet storm rotation, you good, and you won't waste any of your explosive rounds.

Right now no soul or mystic badge wasnt sure for fire I see a lot of different ones running around. I see like primal force or holy fire by itself or primal fused with transcendence as examples. Mystic I think non legendary is just Skyrift? Tiger over Dragon Brace? I have 5 BT 3 MSP right now equipped. BT acc's and weapon also equipped. Is there a min stage you should get or need to get all the legendary to from raid and from dungeon? I heard things have changed. Was suggested like to keep oath/eternity at stage 1 and bt like 4 for earring maybe 1-3 for ring?

5 hours ago, LordSwiftStrike said:

Right now no soul or mystic badge wasnt sure for fire I see a lot of different ones running around. I see like primal force or holy fire by itself or primal fused with transcendence as examples. Mystic I think non legendary is just Skyrift? Tiger over Dragon Brace? I have 5 BT 3 MSP right now equipped. BT acc's and weapon also equipped. Is there a min stage you should get or need to get all the legendary to from raid and from dungeon? I heard things have changed. Was suggested like to keep oath/eternity at stage 1 and bt like 4 for earring maybe 1-3 for ring?

With the current Patch you should go Holy Fire Badge. Skyrift and Enigma are both good. I would go for Enigma. I go Dragon bracelet, but many says Tiger. ( Absolutely Tiger with VT Badge).

I play with Holy Fire Badge and short cd soul, so the Dragon bracelet gave me more dps. I tested both.

I made a Guide how to play the current Gunner pre-VT. Maybee this helps you more -> Holy Fire Build Gunner Guide

Keroppi did a Video how he talks about the changes and how he changed his gear -> Keroppi Guide

About the leggy accesoires, me don't know :S

I hope this can help you

14 hours ago, LordSwiftStrike said:

- Belt is for defensive stats and there is a better one available but requires you to farm end game dungeon for the base item and mats to upgrade it. If you don't need the defensive stats, leaving it at 1 is ok.

- mystic badge has only one choice, which is the one for your element, skyrift is the one.

- Can't go wrong with tiger. Dragon has its use, but it's very niche. You can always decide later if you want to switch from tiger, since it's super cheap and easy to obtain the mats.

- You want to upgrade your BT ring and earring. Some say the new pvp ring (or was it earring?) is better because of the focus recovery. But I don't see that being too big of a deal for us as we can generate full focus whenever we want. Going with BT ring and earring can't be wrong.

- For oath neck, you should upgrade it to something like stage 6 and then leave it. Since fire neck is from VT and unless you got a good group going, it's not something you will get anytime soon. Also the fact that you need it to be around stage 5, depending on your gear (for me it was stage 7), before it over takes the oath neck and its set bonus anyways.

8 hours ago, Dokodo said:

With the current Patch you should go Holy Fire Badge. Skyrift and Enigma are both good. I would go for Enigma. I go Dragon bracelet, but many says Tiger. ( Absolutely Tiger with VT Badge).

I play with Holy Fire Badge and short cd soul, so the Dragon bracelet gave me more dps. I tested both.

- Not entirely true. Primal still edges out on top, though not as much as before, so if you want maximum dps, go with primal. Though I personally went limitless (holy fire fused with courage) because I find it to be more reliable and less punishing if I mess up my bullet storm timing. Choosing tiger or dragon should be dependant on what you want to buff, bullet storm or unload. Before VT 8 set, both are quite close, with bullet storm having slightly higher maximum dps and unload with better consistency / reliability / forgiving. With 8 VT set, your bullet storm gets enough of a buff that it's probably a good idea to buff it over unload. I can't be sure since I don't have 8 VT yet. (how I wish I can transfer my 130 wings from my alt)

- Dragon bracelet does indeed give better dps with holy fire and short cd, but only if it's exactly like that. If you swap either badge or soul to any other, tiger is better. Basically, tiger is more versatile than dragon.

13 hours ago, Racingwind said:

- Not entirely true. Primal still edges out on top, though not as much as before, so if you want maximum dps, go with primal. Though I personally went limitless (holy fire fused with courage) because I find it to be more reliable and less punishing if I mess up my bullet storm timing. Choosing tiger or dragon should be dependant on what you want to buff, bullet storm or unload. Before VT 8 set, both are quite close, with bullet storm having slightly higher maximum dps and unload with better consistency / reliability / forgiving. With 8 VT set, your bullet storm gets enough of a buff that it's probably a good idea to buff it over unload. I can't be sure since I don't have 8 VT yet. (how I wish I can transfer my 130 wings from my alt)

- Dragon bracelet does indeed give better dps with holy fire and short cd, but only if it's exactly like that. If you swap either badge or soul to any other, tiger is better. Basically, tiger is more versatile than dragon.

I think I should explain myself better, than just giving one advice. At that point I want to say that you're doing this very good, showing multiple ways and explaining them.

I wanted to give him advice as he looks like a beginner. So I know you want to go Limitless with VT Gear, so you need Holy Fire for that. You can go Primal but I still think primal can only exceed on Patchwork fights, where you stand still and don't do much mechanics or you play perfectly and know excactly when to Bullet Storm, which I don't think many people can.

So I'm still advising every gunner to go Holy Fire at this point. Since Movement > DPS and the Punishement of failing you're Bullet Storm feels so Bad and is big with Primal.

So I still think Holy Fire is the best choice for every beginner in this class.

For the bracelet after some thinking I can agree to you that tiger is a better start than dragon. But when he has this setup:

- Holy Fire Badge

- HM Secret Technique RMB

- Legendary Soul

- 8 BT SS

- not near to raiding VT

he should just change the Soul to short cd and change Bracelet to Dragon since this Setup is a big dps increase and a very nice way of playing the gunner.

After getting vt badge and 3 VT SS pieces you should go indeed Tiger. I've seen People with full VT set, Vt badge und Tiger bracelet still going for short cd soul.

So I don't know which is better. I think this just needs internal testing with you're current gear. But I think when you want consistent dmg you should go short cd soul, cause the long cd soul has potential to fail, when there's movement involved and you can't do your burst.

The whole Primal Bulletstorm build needs a lot of preparation but it's that punishing that I just don't advice to go.

Just now, LordSwiftStrike said:

How about when 4 pops up while tab is on CD? 4 can be used like 3 times so whats the rotation for that 4 f rmb 4 f rmb? Prioritize 3 always when it pops up? How about c and v? Saying tab is on CD.

- Till you get you're VT Badge or Tiger Bracelet V is not important.

- You can use C to get some free explosive Rounds, but need to consider movement from boss.

- Wenn Tripple shot procs allways prioritize.

- Use 4 on CD. Just don't forget that you need it for u're tab. (Raven Weapon resets 4 and V)

- you want to use 3 x 4 in one time to get 3 explosive rounds.

- U're rota is rmb -> f for animation canceling

34 minutes ago, LordSwiftStrike said:

Ok so 444 then rmb f i was doing like 4 f 4 f 4 f or 4 f rmb 4 f rmb

I would say that 4 > F > 4 > F > 4 > F is a bit better, as you can anicancel 4 with F.

Also, you want to save your 4 + V (If you have tiger bracelet / VT badge) to line up with your Tab. So let's say your 4 / V comes off cool down, but your Tab has 15 seconds left on cool down, you should save them. Otherwise you won't be able to use / buff Tab when it comes off cool down. 

I still get messed up with the rotation a bit to when it comes to cooldowns and such. I tend if 3 pops up and 4 isn't on CD but say tab is i'll hit 3frmb but then ill do 4f4f4f like stack both cause it seems to stack like ill use C also when its not on CD, V also. I try to sync V 4 and tab together though. But long as I can spam like 3, 4, c in conjunction and stuff with rmb f's and 4's. Had anyone changed their rmb to lmb by any chance and did you like it? Where LMB is quickshot and RMB is reload? I haven't yet but was thinking it might be good especially since my main is BD so im used to F LMB anicancel... so its kind of reversed for me lol.

On 3/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, Racingwind said:

I would say that 4 > F > 4 > F > 4 > F is a bit better, as you can anicancel 4 with F.

Also, you want to save your 4 + V (If you have tiger bracelet / VT badge) to line up with your Tab. So let's say your 4 / V comes off cool down, but your Tab has 15 seconds left on cool down, you should save them. Otherwise you won't be able to use / buff Tab when it comes off cool down. 

Agreed... although there are a couple of caviats to this statement...

1) If you've gotten your Raven weapon (not sure how Dawn/Rift does this), you might want to consider popping the 4 if you're in a jam and take the gamble that your weapon will reset the CD on 4 early. If not, don't worry too much, since you don't have to wait too long for the CD to end. It just means you'll have to wait a moment before you can burst.

2) If your tab still has about 30 seconds left on it, pop the 4s, since the CD for your 4 skill is only roughly 30 seconds.

I should add that getting your HM RMB skill (Chilling Flame Elixir) will help proc Weakness Detection (crosshairs) for Triple Threat more often (helped more with the Holy Fire soul badge), so you might not need to worry as much about 4 or V outside of bursting if you just hold down RMB for Quickshot... though Weakness Detection is all RNG... so it is a gamble.

On 01/04/2018 at 10:09 AM, SilverFoxR said:

1) If you've gotten your Raven weapon (not sure how Dawn/Rift does this), you might want to consider popping the 4 if you're in a jam and take the gamble that your weapon will reset the CD on 4 early. If not, don't worry too much, since you don't have to wait too long for the CD to end. It just means you'll have to wait a moment before you can burst.

2) If your tab still has about 30 seconds left on it, pop the 4s, since the CD for your 4 skill is only roughly 30 seconds.

I should add that getting your HM RMB skill (Chilling Flame Elixir) will help proc Weakness Detection (crosshairs) for Triple Threat more often (helped more with the Holy Fire soul badge), so you might not need to worry as much about 4 or V outside of bursting if you just hold down RMB for Quickshot... though Weakness Detection is all RNG... so it is a gamble.

- I have tried that and it's a big dps loss to delay your bullet storm by anything more than a few seconds. This is regardless if you are B storm or holy fire build.

- You basically save your 4 + V for when tab comes off CD. My 4 CD is 26 seconds, yours my vary.

- HM RMB definitely helps to proc your 3 and you should get it regardless of which build you go. Limitless will allow your 3 to reduce V CD by 1 second, which have allowed me to squeeze in just that 1 more V, allowing for a much greater uptime for tiger / aransu (I'm using dragon, but you get the idea).

Archived