Since Desolate Tomb has its difficulty modes merged, can we have the second boss less a nuisance?

Kozuki

Second boss of Desolate Tomb is a cancer in Normal Mode, because he will always force his mech phase at 70% and 30%, unless you cat pin him at near 70% and burst his brain out, which requires a high-gear party. 

Meanwhile, in Hard Mode, this guy only does mech after a certain time has passed, allowing to burst him to death before any mech happens. This makes running Hard Mode a lot faster compares to running Normal Mode.

Nowadays, unless you have bad luck with LFG, it is kinda rare to see the second boss doing any mech in Hard Mode, because there are often enough DPS to burst him to death before mech phase.

Now, with the merge of two difficulty mode, this guy always forces his mech, effectively, annoyingly and uselessly prolong the time you have to spend in this dungeon.

So, I suggest to replace the second boss in Normal Mode with the one in Hard Mode.

On top of this, which I agree with, I would like to see ALL hard mode dungeons' rewards merged with normal mode, so that those items are a little more attainable, and just increase the AMOUNT of certain rewards like mats/upgrade materials to make hard mode still be "worth doing".

For EL HM, I want to get my very own "Charm Pellet" someday, but I can never find anyone to help me achieve that goal. Most people tell me that HM is just not worth running. I'm not sure if they just meant EL HM, or in general, since some of the people who tell me such things don't speak English or Japanese too well.^^;

At any rate, I want one for the dance emote, and it's the only reason I ever run EL - to practice NM runs enough so that I'll have an idea of how to handle HM if the day ever comes. lol

If such rewards and cosmetics were merged with NM, then I'd have a better shot at getting them. Incentives for HM, just in my opinion, should be to get greater amounts of things that would drop in NM, instead of locking seemingly impossible to get items in a HM that not many people ever seem to care to run.

Anyway, that's that ^^;

20 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Second boss of Desolate Tomb is a cancer in Normal Mode, because he will always force his mech phase at 70% and 30%, unless you cat pin him at near 70% and burst his brain out, which requires a high-gear party. 

Meanwhile, in Hard Mode, this guy only does mech after a certain time has passed, allowing to burst him to death before any mech happens. This makes running Hard Mode a lot faster compares to running Normal Mode.

Nowadays, unless you have bad luck with LFG, it is kinda rare to see the second boss doing any mech in Hard Mode, because there are often enough DPS to burst him to death before mech phase.

Now, with the merge of two difficulty mode, this guy always forces his mech, effectively, annoyingly and uselessly prolong the time you have to spend in this dungeon.

So, I suggest to replace the second boss in Normal Mode with the one in Hard Mode.

totally agree

+1 to this. It's like you start hamming down on boss, get your skills n things going and mech time. You go through that, go again - mech time like come on man... It would be really nice gesture to handle this thing and have a timer rather than HP % for mechanics.

Archived