One of the most broken updates ever ?

Pilmenina

40 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

@darkhell666 This is what patch notes say in gunner changes: Bullet Storm can now be used when the target is affected by the Concentrated Fire effect from Crossfire. Sounds a bit strange, but i will tell u this, what does your tab do: Recovers 100% focus, Generates Explosive rounds and gives u 5 sec Lethal or 8 sec with badge, and on tab it say Bullet storm is available while the lethal effect is on, so this means one thing now, to use Bullet storm u need not just lethal effect up but concentrated fire too as u can read on Bullet storms skill description, this is a nerf to gunner so u just dont go spamming Tab and Bullet storm all the god damm time, the Base combo would be V --> 4 --> Tab or V --> Tab --> 4, and plus now u can use your Tab with just Tab --> F combo u dont need to respec the tab rly. And this nerf was already long time ago known and there where tons of vids in youtube. 

Sure, i know what the skill description ingame says, the only thing i complaint here is how the patch note description lacks these "minimal" details, that generates confusion, is misleading, i'm fine with the change, i don't care about pvp, don't do that, and the only thing i see but not complaint to ncsoft about that (and is not the reason of my comments about the patch notes) is the bullet storm restriction to only debuffed target, in my case, pve player, makes a little more difficult face multiple enemies when all goes over me, for example NS with the little statues or Starstone Mines corridors with a bunch of lycans, before the patch i can face all these mobs over me easily, now i need to be more conservative cuz BS will end as soon as debuffed target dies and will not have more BS to kill the remaining mobs as fast as before, so i need to use my whipline to get distance and reduce the dmg received, then use firefall and unload (and probably a few more whiplines) to kill, but as i said, no complaining to ncsoft about that, just change the battle pattern.

Not sure if it is a co-incident. Yesterday in Nova Core, I didn't see as many gunners as before. Maybe they are working at new macro script? XD

Anyways, I have a gunner alt too. To be honest, I don't feel much difference in term of playing. Now, I just have to press 4 first before tab. Also, you can press 4 x3 times to mark multiple targets at once for aoe or longer tab effect. In 1vs1, it doesn't change much. In group fight, now gunner have to be smart and react fast to do big damage.

As a player who's been playing since launch and following KR's every skill balance, It amazes me how quickly people forget that when it comes to skill balance and general content, if the parent game gets it, all of its children should theoretically get it too. Except China's BnS, they on some other stuff.

Anyone who knows how to stay informed should know there are resources all throughout the community, whether it be Reddit, Discord, BnS Tree, or even Streamers/Players from KR who take time out of their days to pass along information from KR to us because they can translate Korean and get to touch the shiny new stuff in KR before others. The fact remains: This skill balance went LIVE in KR in December. They were testing it well before it went live and became apart of the official balance (at the time). We have had 3 months to prepare for these changes and understand in and out how they would affect us. 

Targeting Gunners specifically, because they saw the biggest changes, there is no sense crying about the change. #1. Gunners were in need of hard nerfs from the beginning, and even many KR players agreed. Gunner was among the highest DPSing classes in the game without expending a bunch of effort. Fire Gunners had among the top bursting numbers across all situations. While in Arena, they were notoriously outmatched by just about anything, in 6v6, they quickly became the meta, due to the no effort and often unavoidable "ez-one-shot" Tab-F meta, which made 6v6 extremely unfair and overpopulated with Gunners. 

While yes, there are some minor mistakes made with how the new system was implemented (NCWest did not bother to retrieve KR's February patch that fixed Fire Gunner's Issues and Buffed some of Shadow Gunner's badges to make it more consistent) the New Concentrated Fire Debuff was a completely intended change. The concept behind it is that its supposed to function like Shadow Gunner's Dark mark. In PVE you may have to press an additional input before you start your Tab-F rotation, but, otherwise, nothing about Bulletstorm was changed besides locking it behind 4's Debuff and lowering it's modifiers on gear to nerf some of the ridiculous damage it did.

That's the common issue I see people complain about. The other issue I saw touched upon here was that the skilltip was "misleading". That is false. If someone cared to look, it says on the skill description under "Requirements" that Letal Effect needs to be in Effect, The Target needs to be marked with Concentrated Fire, and 5 explosive rounds need to be loaded. Tab Does 2/3 of the requirements. The player simply now has to take the extra second to consciously apply the mark (which isnt hard) before beginning their rotation.

To those crying about how they are losing counts.

There are two scenarios where this happens:

A. The Boss occasionally cleanses your debuff, as it does with many classes when shifting phases or doing some special maneuver, during your Burst Rotation, cutting your burst short.

My response to people suffering from this scenario is simply, "It happens, and until NCWest gives us the balance patch that addresses that issue, it will keep happening."

B. You are not properly applying Concentrated Fire so that the debuff effect covers the duration of your burst. I understand with Primal Force, you can stand the risk of losing that extra Bulletstorm due to the very similar times on the effects. To combat this, you need to change your starting rotation to sync the times up as much as possible. I reccomend V-4-Tab-F as the start up, as 4 and Tab can be activated very quickly after each other in that order. 

Finally, those complaining about the loss of overall dps: This was intended. NCSoft wanted to bring Gunner's dps more in line with other classes. According to different sources, the DPS loss overall isnt that huge. I've seen precentages ranging from 7-20% overall dps loss. Once again, to be expected with nerfs.

@darkhell666 It literally and clearly states Bulletstorm “CAN” now be used “WHEN” the target is affected by “CONCENTRATED FIRE” <---- prerequisite clearly written here whatwhat nani!? im not sure if you're stupid or not *scratching head*face palming self*worried*

Bulletstorm “CAN” now be used “WHEN” the target is affected by the “Concentrated Fire effect” from “Crossfire”.

And finally you're complaining about clearing mobs in NS and starstone mines as a gunner reallllly!? Are you for real I cleared mobs on my gunner alt who has shitty gear without tab f, if you main the class you don't need the tab f to clear simple trash mobs what the heck are you for real.

*praying that I'm being trolled right now please lord*

@jaytInsulting and demeaning people will net you nothing but scorn and drama. While I agree with your interpretation of the skill patch notes, not everyone reads the same thing the same way. 

Now, maybe the complaint darkhell was making was a bit nitpicky. I wont disagree and say that finding a reason to complain and be upset (because the words in the patch notes arent absolutely "clear") is dumb,  even though you explained the words in a rudimentary but effective way. But being a dick is just no excuse.

@jayt what is written there and in quotes never invalidate my point, as long as never implied that the original condition will become invalid, there is a big difference between "CAN" and "CAN ONLY" (only if); about the adjetive you used... well, i'm not the one that can't see this "little" difference on the sentence.

About clearing mobs i mean when there is 5~7 mobs over me (REALLY CLOSE TO ME) attacking, sure, you can clear 1-2 mobs without BS or even unload, just rmb, but that thing changes when you have soo much over you, too much attacking at the same time, GL is not a tank class, soo it doesn't have too much resist, so in that scenery you can do 2 things, kill all fast or move constantly and kill 1 or 2 at time until you clear all, the rest is explained on the comment that you in first place used as base to reply, is just a change in the battle pattern that may or may not cost more time under certain circunstances, never said i can't face them, just a little worried about the efficiency.

@Satero, well i'll not deny that is nitpicky, but the point is valid, at least for ppl that don't stay tuned about each thing that happen on KR sv, sure, when you read the skilltips you can understand how it works, but before sv gets online after maintenance the only official info you have on NA page is the patch notes, so if they're not clear and is the only source you use to know what is being changed then it generates confusion, let's face it, not all users here are hardcore gamers or too interested to do research before an update, even more, some ppl never take the time to even read the patch notes.

Archived