Forums

People Afkin in Lair? Report them

So you all know, you can report people afking. It's been this way for a while because I've asked support about it a month ago or so.

People don't wanna help? Doesn't matter if it's a easy dungeon you didn't come to afk you came to get something done so get it.

I'm not gonna keep joining parties and have people leave because some idiot wants to afk.

not everyone afk just to get easy done, i have slow  load , and people now a days  have good gear to basically face roll everything , by the time i get in they killing the dummy,  i ran to catch up , and what i got burn in flames , even if i came in before they reach dummy, i still get burn, and no one will rez you 90 percent fo the time  but if someone afk at the very start  then thats bad but if u keep recruiting when u going to the boss and someoone gets in no sense for him t leave, you waste his/her time so might as well stick around for the kill, and nothing is wrong carrying ppl once in a while :) ...liar is literally face roll but theres still the option to report but always good to ask if the person ok , may be they didnt mean to afk but emergency .

1 hour ago, Dad said:

So you all know, you can report people afking. It's been this way for a while because I've asked support about it a month ago or so.

People don't wanna help? Doesn't matter if it's a easy dungeon you didn't come to afk you came to get something done so get it.

I'm not gonna keep joining parties and have people leave because some idiot wants to afk.

It is pointless. They won't do anything about the afkers. I have sent numerous tickets to the support with many screenshots about the afkers who afk for the whole dungeon, but bidded on the last boss' loot. Guess what? They are still running around in this game like nothing happened.

I guess they need at least 100+ reports on the SAME player who afk in the dungeon. Then, maybe they will do something about that player.

Edited by FrozenB
  • Like 1

I find that Gloomdross is notorious for this behavior. Guaranteed every time I'm there someone just stands there on the core the whole time. I've been trying to be more diligent about reporting, but having to step out of game to do it is really annoying. You can report bots and spammers in game, but not AFKers. 

24 minutes ago, winternorn said:

I find that Gloomdross is notorious for this behavior. Guaranteed every time I'm there someone just stands there on the core the whole time. I've been trying to be more diligent about reporting, but having to step out of game to do it is really annoying. You can report bots and spammers in game, but not AFKers. 

I think people in Gloomdross just fell asleep because how boring it is. 

Beastbog

Reduced Health and Attack Power for Hot Blood, Cold Blood, Bay Lee, and Big Bad Beetle Boss.

Reduced the spawn timer for Hot Blood, Cold Blood, and Bay Lee to 10 minutes.

Decreased or removed crowd control mechanics of various enemies.

Twisted Grimhorn Wilds

Archfiend Kairam now spawns faster.

Lair of the Frozen Fang

You no longer need to defeat the Red Training Dummy before facing Tetralisk Queen and Bladescale Naga King.

Awakened Necropolis

You now only need to defend one node before facing Scorpion Queen.

Gloomdross Incursion

You now only need to defend one node before facing Umbral Lord Baruk.

The Shattered Masts

The Twisted Blackram NPCs in the first room now become targetable faster.

Midnight Skypetal Plains

Reduced the amount of points needed to fill the rage meter from 30,000 to 15,000.

Tower of Infinity

Reduced NPC Attack Power in Tower of Infinity.

Slightly increased the floor you start on when finishing the previous run at floors 4-57 in Tower of Infinity.

Trial Arena

Reduced NPC Attack Power in Trial Arena.

Irontech Forge

The chain lightning mechanic from the Iron Monkey encounter no longer results in instant death in Normal Mode.

Suguri now uses the burrow mechanic at 50% HP to prevent situations where Ironheart would burrow continuously.

Adds in the Yoong encounter no longer use Phantom Grip

Naryu Sanctum

Adjusted the attack pattern for Granite Titan.

Reduced health regen of Naryu Augerite.

Naryu Foundry

The flame damage over time effect from the Lavabiter encounter is now removed when Lavabiter is defeated.

The flame wall from the Rocnar encounter is now removed when Rocnar is defeated.

Removed the furnace mechanic from Normal Mode and adjusted the furnace mechanic in Hard Mode for the Acrimor encounter.

Drowning Deeps

Reduced quest turn-in requirements.

Starstone Mines

The Flame and Frost buffs from the Volberus encounter are now removed when Volberus is defeated.

those changes...not sure if they'll increase or reduce amount of AFK people

your emergency is not afk but someone's emergency is only afk? get real and prove it.

if you burn players, you will only get afkers

if you use others as dungeon openers, you will only get afkers.

just afk, and destroy the game.

@borgmod Way too many emergencies happen in dungeons prior to EC. Every other run there are one or two people doing the emergency thing. It's also funny how the emergencies always happen when the person enters the dungeon and not say in the middle of the boss fight or even before they queue. A bit too coincidental imo. We need kick functionality.

• Like 1

Emergency is STILL no excuse to go afk when all it takes to shut off your PC by holding the power button down on your case. --And that's just how to shut it down if it's too much time for you to hit your windows key or alt+tab to minimize THEN clicking shutdown from the buttons/menus at the bottom-left of your screen.

Not one human being in all of existence, past, present, or future, is SO fast that he or she will avert a crisis in the time it takes to do a "courtesy shutdown", short of quickly catching a baby or pet from hitting the floor from rolling off of your desk. lol

It's not like you're going to run out the door and tackle someone out of the way of a speeding vehicle and save the day. -But IF you are as fast as "The Flash" or Superman, you could get right back to your PC and continge to play as if you were never afk but for a couple of minutes, right...?

So the "emergency" thing is NOT a valid excuse unless it's like the situation I just described, or if it's super serious, like taking cover from a "drive by" shooting or defending yourself in a home invasion situation.

The "emergencies" that people in mmorpgs use are typically "important" or "urgent" situations that are unavoidable, like having to go afk to bring in the groceries, or move a car, or answer the door for a pizza delivery. In such cases, you could at least say "afk a sec - (reason, example: 'pizza')" to your PT before leaving, and ACTUALLY trying to get back asap.

Leaving your so-called "slow loader" character at the start of the dungeon without a word, and just bidding on the last boss' loot when you played NO part in killing it is really crappy.

Too many people use the "slow loader" excuse, and I've personally caught a few in that exact lie. When people jump all the dragon pulses and load screens as fast as I do or even faster in Shattered Masts and are in the last boss room when I get there, I find it hard to believe that "slow loader" BS when they appear in my EL group, etc..

It's the "go to" of lies and excuses once anyone calls out to that player, asking if they plan on joining the group.

Sorry if I sound a bit cynical, but I deal with liars, thieves, and con artists in my everyday life, and I often see them in games like BNS. They're jerks, and I don't care to hear their lies and excuses.

So to make things more convenient, aka NOT be a burden to other group members, shut down your PC, if you need to REALLY go afk for an emergency so that they will see you as offline and will at least be able to vote kick and find a replacement for you. As MassiveEgo said, we often see "emergencies" in certain dungeons, right after joining the group, but not in the middle of the run or a boss fight.

The word "emergency" is too often used as a crutch for people who actually just want to use sympathy to keep from getting yelled at for going afk or being a lazy moocher.

I have no reason to trust any one of you people in-game, but you could at least present yourselves as people who'll do the honorable, civil thing, and bow out of the party if you can't stay. If you still bid on stuff that drops off the last boss, your excuses are automatically seen as BS, and the people who'll remember you will never trust you, for sure.

Edited by Shunaia
Auto-Incorrect
  • Like 1

For any dungeon this applies to. IF it bothers you that bad someone afking (for whatever reason) solo that crap. In this case Lair is highly solo'able... I personally don't let that get to me. Unless all 6 (or 12) people are needed for the dungeon. It gonna get finished with or without that person help.

As for afker's at least say something and you wont get on someone bad side. I got people I will not go into parties with cuz they refuse to do anything but leech. And people will remember you for it and give you a bad rep for it if you continue to do it.