Earth SF Storm Dragon + Invincible badge?

Regular Hero

Im raven 9 now using Invincible badge and I like how it plays. Didnt know if anyone is familiar with that badge and Storm Dragon together? I cant find any parses out there or too much on reddit at all about it. Sitting on a husk until I can find a little something on this. Thanks for any help in advance

Imo, FocusChi has a too long cd (60s) now to even matter the cd reduction from Invincible soul badge. Even with Storm Dragon/Riftwalk weapon you get only a 18s cd reduction (30%) on FocusChi, sooo you're left with 42s which I think is still too much. The point of Invincible soul badge would be to reduce the cd of FocusChi so that you make a viable dps rotation involving casting KingFist as many times as you can and inbetwen use FocusChi. Now, if you use in your dps rotation Tab+V+2+Tab+V after you stacked 3 chi with MB+F that only works once every 2 rotations, because the second time you try to use Tab+V+2+Tab after stacking 3 chi with RMB+F you will notice V and 2 are still on cd.

So basically what I'm saying is that, I don't think you cast KingFist and Whirlwind enough times to actually make a rotation with FocusChi by reducing it's cd, even with Invincible(Glory) soul badge.

Personally I'm just gonna get me the Glory soul badge and see what happens after we get the patch with the SF rework. (I currently use Dynasty Mystic badge and Colossus soul badge with Aransu 3)

https://bnstree.com/news/B19mVWAdG/3.07-kr-test-server-patch-notes

https://bnstree.com/news/H1_Ntd_KG/3.15-kr-test-server-patch-notes

Also check this out:

From what I understand he uses Ancestral soul badge with Dynasty mystic ofc, and aransu/taecheon weapon. If you look closely you will see that after casting FocusChi this dude uses DragonFist to stack chi, and during one FocusChi he casts KingFist three times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2018 at 3:06 AM, Waarhammer said:

Imo, FocusChi has a too long cd (60s) now to even matter the cd reduction from Invincible soul badge. Even with Storm Dragon/Riftwalk weapon you get only a 18s cd reduction (30%) on FocusChi, sooo you're left with 42s which I think is still too much. The point of Invincible soul badge would be to reduce the cd of FocusChi so that you make a viable dps rotation involving casting KingFist as many times as you can and inbetwen use FocusChi. Now, if you use in your dps rotation Tab+V+2+Tab+V after you stacked 3 chi with MB+F that only works once every 2 rotations, because the second time you try to use Tab+V+2+Tab after stacking 3 chi with RMB+F you will notice V and 2 are still on cd.

So basically what I'm saying is that, I don't think you cast KingFist and Whirlwind enough times to actually make a rotation with FocusChi by reducing it's cd, even with Invincible(Glory) soul badge.

Personally I'm just gonna get me the Glory soul badge and see what happens after we get the patch with the SF rework. (I currently use Dynasty Mystic badge and Colossus soul badge with Aransu 3)

https://bnstree.com/news/B19mVWAdG/3.07-kr-test-server-patch-notes

https://bnstree.com/news/H1_Ntd_KG/3.15-kr-test-server-patch-notes

Also check this out:

From what I understand he uses Ancestral soul badge with Dynasty mystic ofc, and aransu/taecheon weapon. If you look closely you will see that after casting FocusChi this dude uses DragonFist to stack chi, and during one FocusChi he casts KingFist three times.

You are incorrect about weapon. 

They are using the Stormdragon non-raid path with Ancestral soul badge and VT 8 set.

It will be a viable path for those who can't raid or unable to raid often, but it's not an optimal build path.
There needs to be more testing after the changes to gear, soul shields, accessories are finalized and go live in KR, so the 'best' build is still not for certain.

Also, they only have a BT earring and are using our new pve path ring and necklace.  I can't remember what the gloves were, and I think the soul was the step before Cosmic.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:38 PM, Nahri said:

You are incorrect about weapon. 

They are using the Stormdragon non-raid path with Ancestral soul badge and VT 8 set.

What you are saying doesn't make sense, unless I'm missing something. So with the SF rework FocusChi has 30s cd. If you use Stormdragon weapon FocusChi's cd should be reduced to 21s (Stormdragon weapon = -30% cd on FocusChi). Now if you look carefully at the video you will notice that the cd on FocusChi is 30s.

I'm well aware of the cd reduction of Focus Chi in the KR test patch notes, and the weapon you quoted that they're using in the video is Stormdragon, not Aransu.

While the cd reduction is ok on Focus Chi, we lost the 60% crit with Golden Dragon, 2 sec of Dragon fury (which going Ancestral would nullify), and some focus regen in the 3.07 KR test patch.

What I'm trying to get at is that going the Stormdragon + Ancestral route is a viable route for those who 'can't' raid, if they can stomach all the runs of Deeps and Treasury they'll have to do to go that path. ( You're looking at close to 200 each, unless you have a group that will let you take all the mats needed.)

But, Stormdragon/ Exhaulted is a dps loss compared to Raven, with our build, so they would be better off staying Raven 9 and focusing on soul and other accessories while we wait for videos, info and such to trickle out of KR. 

16 hours ago, Nahri said:

I'm well aware of the cd reduction of Focus Chi in the KR test patch notes, and the weapon you quoted that they're using in the video is Stormdragon, not Aransu.

Either I don't understand what you are saying or you don't understand what I'm saying, but the evidence points out (no cd reduction on FocusChi from weapon) that the guy doing the dps test on Moyun in the video that I posted totally doesn't use Stormdragon weapon.

Any way you are right about people that don't raid to go stormdragon/exhalted path to have to grind DD/RT a lot. I think in order to maximize that build it's just better to use the non element pve accessories set, which it's actually more grind overall. Non element pve accessories set give A LOT of crit dmg and the individual set pieces give enough crit so only thing left is to put piercing on soul shield pieces.

As you said, I also think the non raid path for weapon/accessories is a dps loss, but who knows...

If I got the weapon wrong, then my bad, but I watched the video multiple times again and the dps is closer to Stormdragon than Aransu.  This video was also talked about and it was said that it's Stormdragon, and I can't find if someone had corrected what was said and said it was Aransu.

This is the Earth build I was referring to (I know it's not the same person as in the video), and the only changes are the badges.  I think the necklace is VT, but have been told it's the pve version we have.  I haven't looked at the gear icon for the pve neck to see if it's the same.

with Colossus badge

with Ancestral

Archived