Stop Lobby Harassment please

Kyootic

:sleepy:WARNING: LENGTHY POST :sleepy:

You've seen it happen. You've probably been a victim too.

When you're looking for party members in F8 via the chat/party finder and you have requirements such as high enough DPS to complete a dungeon or just, in general, have completed a quest to let you enter certain dungeons. But then there's that one person who you kick because he doesn't meet the least requirements you're looking for and he thought he could be part of the party. Then he rejoins...again...and again....and again...literally seconds after you kicked. Your party is getting impatient and you can't do anything about this troll now other than to either form up another party with different lobby number or try again later (private lobby if desperate measures). It's an infuriating experience that these kinds of trolls have the freedom to enjoy just because they can't have their way. Seriously, where are the penalties for these kinds of situations? Reporting and blocking don't really do anything as immediately as a click of a button. I think there should be an actual penalty for being kicked from a lobby or even blocked from the player who is leading that party.

Blocking a player should have a bit more power besides silencing them in the chat box. I think it should also just prevent them from interacting with the player they are blocked from whatsoever, such as joining their party (just to harass again). Kicking players I think should have a penalty cooldown. If someone gets kicked from a party, the ability to rejoin/reapply at the snap of fingers shouldn't be a thing the offender has. Depending on how the cooldown works it could go good or bad. In my eyes, I see a kick penalty cooldown only in dungeon lobbies since that's where the biggest instant rejoins take place. I wouldn't suggest that kicking penalty cooldowns should be a thing outside cross-servers considering that evil players might use that power and kick people randomly just so they can suffer a cooldown for no reason. The ability to just ignore that person's constant application in-server parties is already a thing.

Say you have someone join your lobby and you kick them because they didn't complete the Fate of Aransu quest that Naryu Foundry requires to be complete; that kicked person should then be unable to rejoin that lobby number they were kicked from for a certain amount of time (5 minutes sounds long enough or 10 minutes).

The same situation to if you decide to block that person because they rejoined your lobby later on and still haven't met the requirements, they would now be unable to join any cross-server lobby that you are the leader of. They might still be able to apply to your party in-server but that can just be simply ignored. :p:

These are just my idea's on how lobby harassment should be handled though. Any opinions?

• Cyan changed the title to Stop Lobby Harassment please

I think when you block someone it should mean they can no longer interact with you at all.  They cant see what you type, advertise, nothing.  As for the kick situation sure lets have one.  But to keep it from being abused first we need to get the block/ignore feature fixed first.  Then as for kicking a party member I think its all fine and dandy but to keep it from being abused there should also be a time limit on how many people you can kick.  For instance first person kicked then you have a 15 second kick cooldown and it builds up in increments of 15 seconds.  But what gets me is when you do random F8 and you get a high geared player they stay then as soon as you hit the staging area they leave abandoning you there.  To fix this I feel maybe if you got a deserter debuff that prevents you from joining another party thru f8 for 1 hour would be great.  It would actually make people think twice before they leave a group.  When you join F8 thru LFP you are agreeing to do the dungeon with the people that it matches you with.  If you want to solo run the dungeon its simple go to the dungeon entrance and go in.  Another way to stop this is perhaps to fix it where you cannot enter the dungeon portal in the staging area unless you are with a group of at least 4 people if you do that then there would be no need for a deserter debuff.  

@Tristan You can still join the a party of theirs and they can still be in a party of yours or even in any form of a queued group too. Whether it's pre-made or not.

I expected blocking people to make it so that you could never party with them ever again until you or they unblock you. But that isn't the case. Either this is because the population is too small and the admins want to make sure everyone can find a party to run with, or they overlooked that factor when developing the game. 

Yes @KiraKamelia thats what I was talking about.  In many other games when you ignore or block a person they can never join your parties at all.  I like that feature because sometimes its not about how bad or how well they played its about how they acted or talked while running the content with you.  I do not like harassment of any type and I would not want to subject my fellow group members to vile players.  So if you block/ignore a person to me they should not be able to interact with you in game at all period.  They cant join your parties or see what you type or nothing.  Its like they just quit the game or think you quit the game.  Thats what I would love to see happen a block/ignore where they cant join you at all.  Even if you are in F8 randomly queuing for a dungeon not advertising but just hit LFP they should not be able to join you if you have them on block.    

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Kyootic:

Then he rejoins...again...and again....and again...literally seconds after you kicked.

Did you ever ask yourself why people do this?

Well i will do this to next time i get kicked, but i will explain why.

Im so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing tired of instant getting kicked from parties with my alt, just for beeing HM9 and even i meet the requirements.

But hey, hes HM9 he never will meet the requirements, so why should i waste time and check? Lets kick that noob...

Well i realy like this idea and will troll the next one who instant kick me xD

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MassiveEgo:

@Statler And waste that party's time. Extremely insolent.

What about my time, when i try to find a party and sometimes have to wait 30+ minutes to run a dungeon to finish my daily? Why i should accept a kick for beeing HM9 even i meet requirements?

Try to find a Party for SM with HM9, even you have 1k AP, normal Elemental Ring / Earring, Bracelett, Belt and Necklace and an 3BT / 5MSP Soulshield Combo with fused crit

@Statler You'll have to accept the kick simply because in a player hosted party, the host calls the shots. It's not a democracy.

Also of course you won't easily find a party for SM with a hm9 alt or main to that matter. People like to play it safe. Taking a leap of faith based more or less on your word, isn't something you can expect a rational player to do. Why? Because the grind in this game is so intense that effectiveness is king. You don't defy the king based on blind faith, unless you're ready to accept the fate of a traitor with high probability of untimely demise.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb StrawberryCarnage:

You should accept the kick as a hint that they don't want you in their party. Only morons would keep joining a party they get kicked from. You don't have a "right" to finish the dungeon, and no one should be forced to help you, except they are: in LFP.

Only morons would kick player without even check if they meet the requirement ;)

Oh and i have every ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing right to finish my dailys like everyone else as long as i meet partys and dungeons requirement...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb MassiveEgo:

Also of course you won't easily find a party for SM with a hm9 alt or main to that matter. People like to play it safe.

Last Time i found a party, after searching for over half an Hour, i thought hey all HM13+ would be a nice smooth run. Well, we wiped. Meeles dont stop damage and didnt move apart to break the connection, firebuff doesnt even thought about to unfreeze the frozen meele, 2 people dead. Next time i tried to get the firebuff but the one who got it (same as the first time) keept running away from me, so i couldnt get the buff to unfreeze the player with ice debuff.

After the wipe i friendly tried to explain mech and just got a "STFU and be thankfull we carry you" After the second wipe i ragequited this party ...

I dont need a carry, i know the mech and i can deal a decent amount of damage.

You finaly should learn, most players at low HM levels are not newbies, most of them are well equipped alts. So at least take some time to check their equipment and if they meet your requirements and dont instant kick people just for the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing HM level.

So quite easy. People trolling me for beeing HM9, even i meet reqirements and know mech, i will troll them ;)

kthxby

@Statler Oh, I do check people before I kick. I'm not lazy enough to dismiss someone outright. But you'll have to understand that you don't have the right to assume inspecting you is mandatory. As I said, people can and will kick you for whatever reason they have. You don't have to like it and since it's THEIR party, you don't even have the right to debate it. Do you debate a business owner for not hiring you cause he thinks your hair looks stupid? None of your business what his reasons are. I mean irl, you can make a point, but he'll simply say "you're unfit for our company" and be done with it. In the game we don't have laws, so you can't make that point. If you want to get into a party that would normally kick you, just pm the party leader. If they don't answer look for some other party. There is literally nothing to be entitled to here.

I'd be happy if they at least allowed us to block/mute people WITHOUT a limit to how many people could be blacklisted. It's so dumb that when I need to block yet another cretin, that I must make room on a full list of blocked jerks, all because of an unnecessary limit. I would also like to NEVER have to interact or group up with someone I've previously blocked, but I understand that it could sometimes limit my potential party matchmaking results when I've probably intended to blacklist almost a third of the server's population. lol

Other than that, however, anyone who "can't take a hint" and keeps rejoining a party that keeps kicking them out should just realize that it's like walking into any room with a lot of people who just don't like you...

In real life, why would you WANT to stay where no one wants you around...?

I certainly wouldn't stay if even one person had to act like that with me.

The only reason people try to "force" inject themselves into such groups in online games is because they want their help in achieving certain goals, like beating the dungeon or whatever. The other day, I joined an EL group where someone wanted me to leave because they were supposedly waiting on a friend. Whether or not it was true, the bottom line was that I wasn't wanted there. Someone gave me their thanks after I agreed to leave and wish them "GL", and that was the end of it. I actually need help running dungeons like EL, because I'm still learning the mechs, etc.. --But I'm okay with finding another PUG if I'm not wanted there. Sure, most people in online games may act like jerks, but there's no reason to stoop to their level and be a jerk too. When enough people are seen being civil with eachother, more people are inspired to conduct themselves in the same manner, so lead by example. The opposite, unfortunately, can also happen, but you can't control other people nor your environment - just how you present yourself.

@MassiveEgo

i dont join partys where i do not meet the requirements. For example i never would join a group searching 1.1k Raven+ since i only have 1k+ and dont have my raven jet. 

I know there are always some people trying to sneak into higher parties. I also had some HM11+ with 950+ in a party where i was looking for 1.1k with my main.

I dont have any problem when someone searching for a wl or tank without the number of groupmembers and i hit the last spot. in that case i will leave by myself.

But it realy pisses me of, when someone searching 1k, i join as second player and get instant kicked without checking whether i meet the requirements.

I was kicked by people with higher HM level but way lower gear then mine just for beeing HM9, and then im realy pissed.

Oh and btw. last time i was searching 1.1k for IF and a HM10 with something around 1030 ap joined. Someone with Aransu-Weapon and full VT-Gear requested that i should kick the HM10 while all other stay quite. Guess who was kicked ;)

3 hours ago, Statler said:

@MassiveEgo

1. i dont join partys where i do not meet the requirements. For example i never would join a group searching 1.1k Raven+ since i only have 1k+ and dont have my raven jet. 

I know there are always some people trying to sneak into higher parties. I also had some HM11+ with 950+ in a party where i was looking for 1.1k with my main.

2. I dont have any problem when someone searching for a wl or tank without the number of groupmembers and i hit the last spot. in that case i will leave by myself.

But it realy pisses me of, when someone searching 1k, i join as second player and get instant kicked without checking whether i meet the requirements.

I was kicked by people with higher HM level but way lower gear then mine just for beeing HM9, and then im realy pissed.

1. You don't have to tell me twice. Still HM levels are somewhat of a badge around here. If you clock HM12-13, you're pretty much in the safe zone for most parties. Fact of the matter is, most recruiters are not the leader type and just want to get on with the dungeon, so they do a lobby. That doesn't change the fact that they have their own concepts and standards for what's acceptable and what isn't;

2. That's on them for dismissing a player stronger than them. I've had this happen to me on a multitude of occasions and my solution is to just ignore that party. but then again I don't really do anything higher than NS on my alts, so that might be a factor. Besides when people write 1k, it's best to assume they search for 1k raven players rather than 1k baleful/riftwalk players, except maybe for NF and below.

it's funny how now people look at hm levels, when back then it was 550/750/950 ap req
now if you want to do ebondrake cita/deso people say 1.1k cause 1. they don't know the dungeon themselves and they don't know true requirement or 2. they just want to be carried/fast run.

On 3/17/2018 at 5:49 AM, Statler said:

Did you ever ask yourself why people do this?

Well i will do this to next time i get kicked, but i will explain why.

Im so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing tired of instant getting kicked from parties with my alt, just for beeing HM9 and even i meet the requirements.

But hey, hes HM9 he never will meet the requirements, so why should i waste time and check? Lets kick that noob...

Well i realy like this idea and will troll the next one who instant kick me xD

I'm usually the very few lenient players who don't judge the person's hm level. With my potato wifi I kinda just force myself to look at each person's f2 because there have been times when an hm13 would join a pug and is fresh out the story (or has just been eating exp charms and then logging out). But yeah I don't instant kick I actually check gear even if impatient people are telling me to go in.

Archived