Forums

What are 2 things that would make B&S better?

Ghastly

After 2 years I decided to give B&S another chance, its costumes and overall art and the gameplay is still really good. Too bad its dungeon system is anything but good.

That aside, what are 2 things which you'd like to see to make this game more engaging? Two is a good number, if we don't limit it to 2 you'll get people with a list of 50 things.

1. New idle poses..because this is just sad

9yAyG8o.jpg

While this is actually amazing and the other poses in the character creation menu

1037koi.jpg

2. No more treasure troves, which by law should be outlawed in any game. It's just another form of gambling.

In other words, nerf all classes but WL and Summoner, especially nerf BM, SF and FM harshly... *CHECKED*... is what I read from the above post. 

Make it harder to get anything from the game... *CHECKED* is the other thing I read. 

1) NERFS and BUFFS: All kidding aside, WL is in an okay position right now, Summoner needs a buff to the Summoner and a nerf to the kitty. The others including SF and FM need a minor to major nerf depending on if you are talking about PvP or PvE content. That be nice, but meh... None of that would make the game "BETTER" in my opinion. It would just make players leave for a while, while they hope that it returns to what they enjoyed. 

2) ITEMS and MATERIALS: Making materials cheaper, well they are doing that in the upcoming patch, but they need to do much more work on it. Maybe even make it where petpods and sealed sacred oils were only able to be sold at pennies of gold. like 30g or less only, versus at 80+ gold for petpods, and 270+ gold for sacred oils. 

3) MATCHMAKING: Fix not just 6v6 matchmaking, but also PvE dungeon matchmaking would be a plus. Maybe even make it so you could run with others at or nearer to your AP/damage dealing levels too. Or give a bigger incentive to run with lower geared people than just yet another item to be bid on. 

4) LOOTING SYSTEM: Fix the looting system, instead of bidding or whatever. The person would get their own loot randomly chosen for them, with everyone in the party getting their own loot, not having to share or bid with others. Even do this in raids would be kinda cool too. Although, I know a few that would complain about it. 

5) GAMEPLAY: Fix or do something to make the game less about gearing and more about skill. I mean even TERA is about skill more so than gear, though gear is still important. GW2, is less about gear and more about skill too. It would add an element to the game that would allow others to enjoy the game more. I mean for example, say I had Aransu stage 6 (OH I WISH!) and I did a raid dungeon with a party to clear Temple of Eluvium, and the party nearly wipes with just me left. If I know the mechanic and have the skill to use my own skills properly to do the fight, I could solo the remaining portion from say 10% to 0% on my own. This would make it a bit more thrilling even for higher geared players. Also if you are a new 55, it would make it a bit thrilling if you could say solo Shattered Masts doing the mechanics and stuff while still being in nothing but Solak gear. Note, I like a challenge, but in this game, skill only comes into play when you're solo'ing something or doing open world PvP without having PvP gear to do it with. 

My opinion:

1) Make the game less ping dependent or release servers in different locations. This is by far the biggest reason why many friends had left the game.

2) Class balance. No, this is not about nerfing all classes but mine, but in fact making all classes equally likely to be chosen and more rewarding as you learn the best combos / skills, etc.

#1) I think we call all agree on this one... proper optimizations of the game. The horrible framerate, lag/latency... it should really be re-worked. Not everyone has a $2000 PC and there are newer games with better graphics that run on worse machines. Let's fix that before anything.

#2) Someone said it before, but I'm going to agree... better community. This is more of a decision from us, but we need to just be better people to each other. Lower-level players need to stop begging and expecting free rides and higher-level players need to stop looking down their noses at others (if acknowledging them at all). We need to be a LOT more patient (instead of click-spamming the map, because someone didn't load in as fast as they did). A little patience and understanding would go a LOOOONG way.

1. Optimize the game to the point where the loading times and fps is where it should be for it's ultra dated graphics with it's 128x128 textures at places;

2. Get rid of xign and rewrite the client side so it can be hack proofed. If some random scrub could hack proof l2 private c++ server pack and it hasn't been cracked and hacked to date without the fixes introducing lag, a corporation most certainly should be able to do the same and a much better job of it;

1. Make all items bound to account, with a reasonable mailing fee. We worked for our items, we should be able to use them on all chars.

2. More open world farm-spots without random field quests. The idea behind Celestial Basin is good, but the random quests are stupid af. Just make a spot with lots of mobs, which can also be run in a party, and have it drop mats. Dungeons get old very fast. This is my main reason why I always take breaks from BnS. It gets freakin boring running the same dungeon 2903482034 times with 824889 seconds of loading screens. Let us grind in open world ! SSP sucks balls and is event-driven, which is bad design imho.

Well  i  have  tons  of  idea .

1- make  the  game  easier  to  record clips from the gamr settings and  share  it  on  youtube  and  twitch , so  it  will  be  more  popular .

2- creating  some  funny  accounts  in social media for  the  game  about  memes .

3- balance  between  Eu  and  Kr.

4- optimizing  the  game  for  fps  and  ping.

5- make  more  voice  lines  for  the  class  not  just  "hoba , hoba " .

6- well  this  for  anime  lovers, Eu  can  change  the voice   for  japanese  voice .

7- put  placement  for  arena  and  battleground , ex : playing 5 games  which  will  put  u  in  a  rank  ( silver , gold , bronze ).

Focus  on  recording  and  optimizing  please.

Archived