Trilioh

RIP with Rift

Trilioh   

I upgraded to Riftwalk3 several months back, before the Raven discount was announced, after being told it's a legit path for a light BD. and if I remember correctly it was actually cheaper to get to Raven through Rift6.

I then didn't play for a while, and came back some time ago to learn that raven is now a lot cheaper. So on top of being the weaker weapon (I think?) Rift is now also more expensive..

I asked support for a revert so I may get unscrewed, but was denied. Because the upgrade was too long ago apparently.

Pardon my salty tears but this is really not fair. I'm stuck on the forgotten weapon path, that is still so expensive to evolve, while Raven keeps getting cheaper, despite being better.

Reeealy hoping final patch notes will throw a bone for those inflicted with this issue.

Edited by Trilioh

4 minutes ago, Trilioh said:

I upgraded to Riftwalk3 several months back, before the Raven discount was announced, after being told it's a legit path for a light BD. and if I remember correctly it was actually cheaper to get to Raven through Rift6.

I then didn't play for a while, and came back some time ago to learn that raven is now a lot cheaper. So on top of being the weaker weapon (I think?) Rift is now also more expensive..

I asked support for a revert so I may get unscrewed, but was denied. Because the upgrade was too long ago apparently.

The new patch just announced further discounts for Raven->Aransu, and no word on Riftwalk->whatever.

Pardon my salty tears but this is really not fair. I'm stuck on the forgotten weapon path, that is still so expensive to evolve, while Raven keeps getting cheaper, despite being better.

Reeealy hoping final patch notes will throw a bone for those inflicted with this issue.

why don't you just upgrade to raven3 from your rift3? or that's not possible?

caioc2   

It will sound harsh but it's the truth:

No other game revert upgrades, and no1 cry about it. Here is the only place where they revert items. And the revert, as far as I understand, was made for people who upgraded like one week before some big change, not to people who "feel screwed" after an year because a year ago you spent more than someone today.

I see a totally valid point for a one week revert for uninformed people who upgraded, but for people with months that's just ridiculous. Imagine I buy a pc today and one year after I ask for a refund because the same pc is now cheaper, non-sense. Stop trying to change the past, just play the damn game, in a month you can get the mats and make a raven  6. You know whats not fair, a person who stopped playing and want to have the same as the others who are playing and trying hard to upgrade their sht.

Trilioh   
4 hours ago, nonistaicho said:

why don't you just upgrade to raven3 from your rift3? or that's not possible?

Indeed it is not possible.

4 hours ago, caioc2 said:

the revert, as far as I understand, was made for people who upgraded like one week before some big change, not to people who "feel screwed" after an year because a year ago you spent more than someone today.

I can understand that. (though it was a couple of months, not a year).
Still- why is Raven cheaper all the way if it's the stronger weapon? what's even the point of Rift\Dawn now? Either make that path relevant or remove it.

4 hours ago, caioc2 said:

You know whats not fair, a person who stopped playing and want to have the same as the others who are playing and trying hard to upgrade their sht.

I don't know where you got that sentiment, I didn't ask for anything for free.
If anything, players now get easily past me with Raven, having put less effort than me and getting more.

FrozenB   
2 minutes ago, Trilioh said:

Indeed it is not possible.

I can understand that. (though it was a couple of months, not a year).
Still- why is Raven cheaper all the way if it's the stronger weapon? what's even the point of Rift\Dawn now? Either make that path relevant or remove it.

I don't know where you got that sentiment, I didn't ask for anything for free.
If anything, players now get easily past me with Raven, having put less effort than me and getting more.

Well...for gear revert, it needs to be within 1 week since upgrade and if you are F2P player, then you only can revert one of your gear ONCE in a life time. I have seen some players revert their gears multiple times, but obviously, they did spend a lot money in this game.

Raven is cheaper now because there were a lot of crying from people saying raven gears were too expensive to upgrade and BT content is getting old now. Also, nowadays, it seems like "based on the devs's perspective", non-raid PVE weapon upgrade should be more expensive than the raid PVE weapon. If you look at the new weapon path (such as dragonstorm weapon) in parallel to aransu weapon, the new weapon path upgrade is also a lot more time-consuming and expensive than aransu weapon. So, I don't see any cost reduction coming within at least next 6 months for the non-raid weapon path since we got the new non-raid weapon path a month ago.

SalemK   

Well you said yourself that you have been gone for a while so really if you have been playing the game long enough then you should know they are constantly making changes to the upgrade paths to make things more easier for players to gear up and get caught up as new content gets pushed into the game. You should really never expect this game to stay the same as it was several months ago, if everyone thought the same as you then pretty much everyone that played when legendary was hard to get would be complaining about how easy it is now, including legendary accessories. However, it is incredibly easy to get to stage 10 legendary so if you really want to switch to the raven path fast and not upgrade to rift 6 first then you can still do so.

Fufia   

Welcome back to BS where NCS make decisions and choices that no one understands.

That's right the better weapon is cheaper and easier to get. Pretty sure this just make sense in NCS mind and you have all the reasons to be upset.

Unya   

I feel your pain, OP. I have 4 chars at Rift/Dawn 3 or 4 and am completely screwed. I have never asked for a revert and I don't intend to, but the issue is we shouldn't have to. If the game was properly designed, superior weapons would have superior cost. That's common sense.

As someone who has been playing since launch, I can tell you this has nothing to do with taking a break from the game. For those of us who *have* played faithfully, we are constantly screwed by nerfs after having wasted time and resources previously. This situation with Dawn/Rift is exactly what happened to me back with Pirate/Oathbreaker. I regret every event where I worked my butt off for a gem and passed on an outfit, only to have the gems given away in the story later on. I regret using HM coins to get Brilliant Keys for my Soulstone and Twisted weapon boxes, which have been removed from progression. I regret the money wasted on Premium Transformation Stones for legendary upgrade costs that are no longer needed.

And I get that things are made easier over time to help newcomers/alts. But it happens so fast and so drastically that it is actually demotivating to try to progress. I have learned that this game constantly punishes you for trying to think long term. The best thing to do is get what you want now, then quit the game for a few months and come back when everything you didn't have is now free.

Cor   
7 hours ago, Trilioh said:

The new patch just announced further discounts for Raven->Aransu, and no word on Riftwalk->whatever.

Rofl, raven cost got only reduced once after a whole year and there is no further discount coming with the new patch. You should have looked at those raven -> aransu changes properly before talking nonsense. Rift on the other hand was already cheaper than raven when introduced then got further reductions which was plain nonsense because it made raven path completely redundant since going raven 6 via rift was cheaper and faster. That was complete nonsense from the start and finally got fixed.

Well, your options now are to stick with your "forgotten" weapon path until it hits a point where you can switch to Raven... or make a whole new weapon and boost that to Raven, equipping it when you get there.

Edited by SilverFoxR