Jump to content
Forums

Still No Return of 20g Legendary Element/Jewel Option....


Recommended Posts

As per the Fire and Blood System Changes update posted today on 3/13/18, "Reduced the cost of Legendary Element and Legendary Jewel from 30 Soulstone Crystal, 15 Sacred Crystal, and 10 Gold to 15 Soulstone Crystal, 7 Sacred Crystal, and 10 Gold."

 

For those of us who wants an apples to apples equivalent of just buying elements/jewels like the old method of just buying for 20g, once again, as per the other option of exchanging 10g + 5 element/jewel, this comes out to be more expensive again than 20g.

 

As per current NA Yura server pricing at the exact time of this writing, sacred orbs = about 1.5g ea, and soulstones = 70s ea (sacred orbs a bit low from when I last sold some one night at 1.8g ea).

            10g + (1.5 x 7 sacred orbs) + (0.7 x 15 soulstones)  = 31g per element/jewel, still over 50% price increase over the old 20g option. 

 

The last time I did the math with the 5 element + 10g option the week that came out, that came out to 33.33g/element. I guess least this solves one issue of the time spent staring endlessly at a salvaging progress bar, but still doesn't fix the price gouging issue. Everyone else is going to argue again on farming all the crystals, but when you have to use 900 sacred and soulstone crystals just on breakthroughs for each accessory upgrade, it becomes a major hassle.

 

I guess they're basing "cost reductions" now off of current options rather than the status quo they had previously with 20g instead. I'm baffled that they can't just return the 20g options instead. The only way I've been acquiring elements/jewels have been through F10 specials since anything else is such a rip off. I'm completely bottlenecked in my progression by these things. I'm not even asking for a cost reduction as I feel many who want the change reverted. We just want the old 20g options back.

Edited by Brunark
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont know i farm enough soulstone crystals over my alts and several times i could have bought 7-10 elements which now would be 14-20 now so it helps. That being said i also would like to still see the 20 gold elements and jewels return. I cant count the number of times i used all my mats and came up shy 2 or 3 elements to do my weapon upgrade that i had plenty of gold to get but not enough mats since i used them already to get them that way; thus delaying my weapon upgrade a day or two. Right now i am saving mats for 24 elements for my next upgrade. I have the gold to buy all the elements if they were sold for just gold and do my upgrade today. My progression has slowed drastically but thats ok. I save my gold i farm my stuff and i will get there eventually. I refuse to waste gold on the stuff in the market to get my upgrade because as Frozen says its more costly that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be better if they return the 20g option or make it 10g if they're really trying to make it easier for the player base. Even if they change it to "15 Soulstone Crystal, 7 Sacred Crystal, and 10 Gold",  the overall cost depends on how much the market values/sells it at the point of time. With the current cost of 30 soulstone crystals and 15 sacred crystals, prices have skyrocketed in the market (with soulstones going from 30silver so to 80siver in NA server since the new cost) and I doubt it would get cheaper.

 

Sure you can argue that I shouldn't be buying unbound materials and just farm the crystals instead but I'm currently sitting on 2-3 characters each needing to upgrade their accessories and with other items to upgrade as well, it's gonna take forever.

Edited by monkeyd97
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, monkeyd97 said:

Sure you can argue that I shouldn't be buying unbound materials and just farm the crystals instead but I'm currently sitting on 2-3 characters each needing to upgrade their accessories and with other items to upgrade as well, it's gonna take forever.

lol i feel you on this. For me its only two with a third waiting for now. What i do is farm for and upgrade my FM till i reach a goal then i switch doing the same for my summoner till i reach a set goal then bounce back to my FM again. The elementals and jewels have been the biggest things slowing me down tho at the end of the day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously how many people does it take telling you what to do before you get it right? There's no way you could be this dumb as a company and still be successful, so at this point I have to believe it's just deliberate which makes it even sadder that you'd be so focused on milking every possible penny you can from your players. There's been plenty of feedback directly leading you to return the removed 20g flat purchasing option and yet instead of doing so you feed us this line of horse crap because you sell jewels and elements in f10 as daily deals and in trove. Worry more about your playerbase's happiness and game experience and they'll return the favor by purchasing more, forcing them to purchase in order to progress will just drive them away, how hard can this be to understand?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they have been monitoring the effects of the changes and they like what they see, both the increased amount of legendary elements / jewels sold on f10, but more so the increase in activity in the arena, which I think was their ultimate goal.

 

People have been screaming about dead arenas and incentives to do arenas for a long time and this is finally a good reason to go play arena, which a lot of players are doing.

Edited by Vexthal
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I came out with a totally different Number.. If you don't want to spend money, just save up your Soulstone Crystals. Soulstone Crystals do only have a theoretical value, cause you can't trade them. That way u just have to spend 0,5g per Element/Jewel. The powders you should have plenty of. And so let's do the math: 5x0,5g = 2,5G+10G=12,5G per Element/Jewel. I don't actually know where you guys get your numbers, but it definitely got cheaper. And SS Crystals should by far not be a problem. Even I get around about 100per day.. Just with doing my dailys, which takes aprox. 2hours per day. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is this topic even a thing? How dumb can people be? Non-tradable materials DO NOT have the same value as the tradable counterpart, especially not Soulstone Crystals and Sacred Crystals. As someone who actually plays the game, I have over 3000 of both these types of crystals just laying around in my inventory. That covers 200 jewels in terms of my Soulstone Crystals, and over 400 with the Sacred Crystals.

You don’t buy Crystals, you earn them over time or farm them, period. If you’re paying for them, then you’re rushing things and you can only blame your own stupidity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

3 hours ago, Cyras said:

Why is this topic even a thing? How dumb can people be? Non-tradable materials DO NOT have the same value as the tradable counterpart, especially not Soulstone Crystals and Sacred Crystals. As someone who actually plays the game, I have over 3000 of both these types of crystals just laying around in my inventory. That covers 200 jewels in terms of my Soulstone Crystals, and over 400 with the Sacred Crystals.

You don’t buy Crystals, you earn them over time or farm them, period. If you’re paying for them, then you’re rushing things and you can only blame your own stupidity.

 

4 hours ago, r3done said:

So I came out with a totally different Number.. If you don't want to spend money, just save up your Soulstone Crystals. Soulstone Crystals do only have a theoretical value, cause you can't trade them. That way u just have to spend 0,5g per Element/Jewel. The powders you should have plenty of. And so let's do the math: 5x0,5g = 2,5G+10G=12,5G per Element/Jewel. I don't actually know where you guys get your numbers, but it definitely got cheaper. And SS Crystals should by far not be a problem. Even I get around about 100per day.. Just with doing my dailys, which takes aprox. 2hours per day. 

 

wow  you are beyond rude .

no one cares about how much mats. you have in  your inventory . the thing is new player (from now back to 3 months ) . 1-in terms of farming the non_tradable mats. for me as a very old player i have tons and tons of sacred crystals , Elyasin crystals and moonstone crystals but what about the SSC you cant farm SSP and all know why . i farm CB myself and every 100 pouch only drops 1.7 soul crystals in AVG . so its literally wast of time not to mention this wast of time wasn't before . what left ?! farming masts for 3 pouches at best ! how about no and not all players can solo it !! ! farming PVP? guess again its dead 

2-so i needed to upgrade leg. bracelet on one of my alts last week requiring more than 100 leg jewels and gusse what no SSC available for use now do the math boi 

30 SS * 0.67 *100= yes true about 2k gold + 10 (basic jewel cost) *100 = again right boi its 3k gold !! just nice to the bones (i didn't do the math for sacred orbs since i have alot not like other players who will suffer for it ) . 

so iam of the type that never never buy any mats. i farm them only as you want me to do and wow 3 weeks iam not even close to any goal that can be achieved long a go with 20g option . so what left since farming SSC (for me not to mention other mats players need) is killing and buying from the market is killing so what to do ? 

3-note: each day i farm CB for 3 hours (top geared char. ) do 8-10 masts runs (since actually faster than CB with 80% bonus ) and farm 5-10 wins 1vs1 ! and iam not even close to gear any other char. (i don't like calling them alts since i enjoy all of the char i have ) but w8 w8 w8 do hear those far drums! yes boi you are right !!

you can sell 240g for 1.8 HM point each at f9 and w8 till they put some legendary things and buy them . simple and easy 

one last note : stop thinking about your selfish self and think about new / returning player who don't have ap for SSP / solo masts/ fast CB farming and dont have gold for f9 

i think i cleared every part of this sick show and graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaTZ B&S your game will die soon unless you fire the changes managers and use the KR people to make the actual changes. 

ty all kisses /sry for my bad English iam not a native speaker 

Edited by dova12222
Link to post
Share on other sites

idk where u got those 3k things, how long it took, how many hour per day it took, and how upgraded is your gear. For me, playin since 2 years, it's the 1st time im' blocked on upgrading my gear, on 3 different chars i have 3 accessories stuck at lv6, i would have the gold to buy 20g/jewels to make all stage 10 right now, but i cant anymore. Sacred orb are 2g, sousltones are 70s, that's 30+21+10=61g per jewel if i wanna buy right now, or the option of powder that take ages to dez weapons/access with 2-4 powder per item and u need thousands, i did this once for my weapon, i wont do it again, it's not playin, it's all my gaming time clicking to dez stuff, and it's still way over 20g (around 35 i think ?). In no way it's a cost reduction, it's a big middle finger in your face sayin "go trove my friend if you want jewels hope u got a mastercard"

Edited by Bim404
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bim404 said:

idk where u got those 3k things, how long it took, how many hour per day it took, and how upgraded is your gear. For me, playin since 2 years, it's the 1st time im' blocked on upgrading my gear, on 3 different chars i have 3 accessories stuck at lv6, i would have the gold to buy 20g/jewels to make all stage 10 right now, but i cant anymore. Sacred orb are 2g, sousltones are 70s, that's 30+21+10=61g per jewel if i wanna buy right now, or the option of powder that take ages to dez weapons/access with 2-4 powder per item and u need thousands, i did this once for my weapon, i wont do it again, it's not playin, it's all my gaming time clicking to dez stuff, and it's still way over 20g (around 35 i think ?). In no way it's a cost reduction, it's a big middle finger in your face sayin "go trove my friend if you want jewels hope u got a mastercard"

As you said iam stuck like you and as you iam playing since the 1st day of the game #feelsbad 

 but i will not feel bad when the game shut and the EU NA people lose their jobs . since NCsoft making much more profit for mobile games than the other games they have 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All I’m seeing are different versions of that you’re too lazy to farm and give it time. I mean, we’re talking about BnS here, right? I am fully VT geared, since I’ve been running VT with my clan for months, don’t have any PVP gear as I don’t care for it. I used to farm a lot of CB while upgrading Raven etc and run dungeons once a day. With this, I still have tons of left over materials.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyras said:

All I’m seeing are different versions of that you’re too lazy to farm and give it time. I mean, we’re talking about BnS here, right? I am fully VT geared, since I’ve been running VT with my clan for months, don’t have any PVP gear as I don’t care for it. I used to farm a lot of CB while upgrading Raven etc and run dungeons once a day. With this, I still have tons of left over materials.

So just alienate the other half of the player base like me who are in the middle of working on pvp accs and gear like me right now is your mentality then? Good way to kill off half your player base then. When these accs, and even the King Gloves and PVE versions of the ring/earring added need 900 soulstone and sacred crystals for breakthroughs to max alone, using these mats with any of the other 2 options gets to very high amounts of mats required.

 

The 2500 soulstone crystals and 2000 sacred crystals I had gotten up to while farming nothing but 1200 moonstone crystals to max out my stage 10 VT necklace disappeared VERY quickly just on maxing out my Subjugator Bracelet and working on my Skyshatter Ring. And I'm still not even done with accessories and still stuck now on waiting for more elements to finish off my Ascendant 6-9 then Dragon Forge 3.

 

Also for all of the people complaining of no "value" with crystals, that's why in my topic post I once again reiterated as I have in past topics "For those of us who wants an apples to apples equivalent of just buying elements/jewels like the old method of just buying for 20g," People keep trying to compare apples vs bananas or kiwis.

 

For some people like myself, it's easier to farm gold in our own ways than waste time farming these materials at a slower rate of gaining elements/jewels. And farming gold is the most universal thing you can farm in most games, period. Forcing us to farm for these materials specifically limits the number of options players have at their disposal to make progression.

 

I don't have any limitations, but what about those others who don't have the gear to do the "most efficient" methods of farming these very specific materials? Namely SSP is the best way for soulstones and soulstone crystals. On NA Yura, unless things have massively changed since I last went, it's basically a sea of Cerulean out there. So if it's not even really an option for a geared Crimson player like myself who's been playing since beta, then good luck out there as a less geared newer player trying to do the best method of farming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cyras said:

All I’m seeing are different versions of that you’re too lazy to farm and give it time. I mean, we’re talking about BnS here, right? I am fully VT geared, since I’ve been running VT with my clan for months, don’t have any PVP gear as I don’t care for it. I used to farm a lot of CB while upgrading Raven etc and run dungeons once a day. With this, I still have tons of left over materials.

You lose pretty much all of your credibility when you said you're fully VT geared.  It's highly likely you upgraded most of your current gear before the recent change to jewel/element when they were easier/cheaper to get, wich explains exactly why you have tons of left over mats since you never really had to use them in the first place...

 

Most of the people I play with empties their stash of SS after upgrading a single accesories, and after that the only option left is the market.   

 

Bethany/Jonathan completely lied to us when they said on stream that element/jewel are going to be cheaper.   At this point NCwest are just taking us for fools.  That, or they don't know how to do simple math...

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually stopped playing Blade & Soul since they "reduced" element/jewel prices with these "alternative mat options".. I haven't logged in for literal weeks now. I've been playing Blade & Soul for over a year, but I refuse to play a game where the Devs basically give you the middle finger & make things HARDER then before, for the sake of some cash.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is.. building an inventory of 1500-2000 SS crystal takes time and they're also used for other stuff like crafting and upgrades.   While upgrading a weapon.. say Raven Take like 30 Legendary elements. Currently it would take like 900 SS crystal and 450 Sacred crystals.   Or 150 elements. each element need like 5 soulstone crystals so 750 crystals, while element powders and fusion powders are easily obtainable so they might not count unless one can't solo dungeons or having enough naryu coins to purchase purple weapon for feedstocks.  This is for Legendary element alone.  If you have accessories... it will just eat deeper into your stocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All these people saying it doesn't matter, just farm crystals dummy, etc. are just off base.  What is actually happening is the prices of the unprocessed mats are skyrocketing.  Clearly, people aren't farming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Buzzirk said:

All these people saying it doesn't matter, just farm crystals dummy, etc. are just off base.  What is actually happening is the prices of the unprocessed mats are skyrocketing.  Clearly, people aren't farming.

^ These people already have a huge amount of legendary elements and jewelries stock in their inventory from previous trove events. Of course, this change doesn't concern them at all. There are also people who don't PVP at all, so they don't even have to get and upgrade the PVP accessories. So, in theory, they are already done with their BT accessories. Of course, this change doesn't concern them as well.

 

If I am in 1 of these 2 kinds of players, I would also be eating popcorns and saying this change is good.

Edited by FrozenB
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...