Sign in to follow this  
Draknalor

AP Requirement is not the problem.

Hey. 

The real problem is the "Please boost me" mentality.

There should be more than enough 700-950 AP players to make lobbies for every single dungeon, But for some reason.. there isen't? Why don't these low geared/New player want to group with each other?

Edited by Draknalor

Probably because nobody will join their parties.

Ever tried hosting a party? More often than not, people will enter the room, look at the person (or people) in their, check their AP, then turn their noses up and exit... because how DARE someone not be as good as they are!

Trust me... I've had plenty of times where I could have made 10 parties with the people who enter and bail before... heck, on my two lower alts (both in the 970s) people still bail on runs I attempt to host... and not just on dungeons like DT/EC/NF/NS, but on even lower level dungeons!

Meanwhile, bring along my 1k or higher chars? No problem! Come right in! You're clearly whale enough to do our 1k+ Sogun's Lament run (no, I'm not joking...).

25 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

Probably because nobody will join their parties.

But why is it like that? Shoulden't there be plenty of lower AP people that are looking for group? Why don't those join lower AP lobbies?

It makes no sense if they refuse to join lobbies that they meet the requirement for then go to the forums to complain that the F8 Requirements are too high

38 minutes ago, Draknalor said:

But why is it like that? Shoulden't there be plenty of lower AP people that are looking for group? Why don't those join lower AP lobbies?

It makes no sense if they refuse to join lobbies that they meet the requirement for then go to the forums to complain that the F8 Requirements are too high

Try it sometime. I've had to wait upwards of 10 minutes recruiting for lobby runs for a NF run with no requirements, because my alt wasn't 1k.

Those who don't join for the most part are the ones that don't want to make an effort and just want free carry. They are also the ones that are most likely to leave after one wipe. Or even half way through the fight if mechanics fail only once. They would also probably only do like 10k dps despite having 950 ap or some such, which is barely better than an afk player... And last but not least, they probably are the ones that will set their requirement for weekly quests fas sjf dkv at 1.1k ap raven despite them having only 800 ish ap.

While I do understand that it's his party/alliance, and he is free to do what he wants, I can also see the lazy mentality oozing out from such a player. And it is that laziness and the entitlement mentality of players like that that I hate.

After almost 1.5 year in f8, being a clanless player and having had to pug for everything, being one of those some people often sneer as "f8 heroes" I think I have enough credit to say these things. And yeah, I've been carrying low geared a lot too btw. 

P/s: Today, I'm feeling very toxic so i think I shouldn't speak further... But these are things I just have to say.

Edited by Thicc Stoccpot

romiocan   

the other day in nf we were 4 man party got to the last boss and decided to rec just to be safe. Destro joins hm13 we thought (oh great just the right dps boost we needed for that last boss) So he ran all the way to us, looked at us and wrote (GL) and left... we were like wtf are you kidding me? we waited like 10 mins just to see That? At the end of the day we did the final boos with just 4 of us took a bit but oh well.

Honestly, that is a problem too... players who put minimum effort in and just want a free ride. I've seen a lot of that too lately... the worst offenders calling for 1k+ runs on things like NF and they're nowhere near their own lofty expectations. Heck, a couple days ago, I joined a NF run looking for 1k+ with a 950 leader... who basically waited for everyone to clear the mobs before going down the halls and only occasionally assisted in fighting the boss. Last week trying to do weeklies, my gunner attempted to join someone's SJF run with no AP requirement and was fully ignored by the leader... who was weaker than my gunner was.

I also remember talking to someone earlier in where they had the same situation - they tried applying to someone's SJF run and the leader (a character barely 900ap) said they weren't taking carries... despite this person being almost 980ap.

Kind of a doucebag thing to do when you're picky about your party members and your character wouldn't make the cut you set for yourself.

Edited by SilverFoxR

caioc2   

Most of them (1k ap or less) dont play with people of equally gear, they ask 1.1k+ to carry, thats just stupid.

So far in all time playing I have joined only once in a party where people where all low ap and were really trying to learn and not be carried, it took some time to close the dg but they didnt give up.

51 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

I also remember talking to someone earlier in where they had the same situation - they tried applying to someone's SJF run and the leader (a character barely 900ap) said they weren't taking carries... despite this person being almost 980ap.

Kind of a doucebag thing to do when you're picky about your party members and your character wouldn't make the cut you set for yourself.

This is a common thing to see. Some people with raven 9/aransu3-6 mains that are fairly OP, retain same mentality while playing an alt that barely does 30k dps in a clear day. They usually bring an "insurance" in the form of some clan mate of their main, then pretend they are not a dead weight because of it.

7 hours ago, Draknalor said:

Hey. 

There should be more than enough 700-950 AP players to make lobbies for every single dungeon, But for some reason.. there isen't? Why don't these low geared/New player want to group with each other?

Have you tried hosting a lobby with that ?

I tried and no one join... even with the same gear they leave me :x Hell i am on my alt with Raven, hosting sanctum yet people still leave for no reason at all.

The problem is that these people seen way too much 1.1K or 1K lobby that made them think that's what needed and refuse to learn.

but but but....mechs are too hard.....i rather watch a justin bieber clip on youtube than a guide for mech on the dungeons XD

Edited by xLingerie

44 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Have you tried hosting a lobby with that ?

I tried and no one join... even with the same gear they leave me :x Hell i am on my alt with Raven, hosting sanctum yet people still leave for no reason at all.

The problem is that these people seen way too much 1.1K or 1K lobby that made them think that's what needed and refuse to learn.

Or

They know they don't do very good (or just straight up bad) dps, and they think that other players of their gear level would do just as bad as them. 

They know little to no mechanics (or maybe know but just don't care enough to do them) and assume that other players of their gear level would probably know nothing or would not bother with mechanics as well, just like them.

So to minimize the risk and get daily quests done (preferably fast), what do they do? Why, better get carried. But oh no it's not "get carried" mister. Because "get carried" hurts their ego. They won't call it "receiving help" or "getting carried" despite the fact that the single geared player that (luckily for them) joins their party is probably the one that does all the mechanics and does over 60-70% the dps required to kill the boss. Does so much dps that within a single fight the weapon durability of the said geared person goes down by at least 20. 

These things apply to both newbies and alts, but more to alts. 

18 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Or

They know they don't do very good (or just straight up bad) dps, and they think that other players of their gear level would do just as bad as them. 

They know little to no mechanics (or maybe know but just don't care enough to do them) and assume that other players of their gear level would probably know nothing or would not bother with mechanics as well, just like them.

So to minimize the risk and get daily quests done (preferably fast), what do they do? Why, better get carried. But oh no it's not "get carried" mister. Because "get carried" hurts their ego. They won't call it "receiving help" or "getting carried" despite the fact that the single geared player that (luckily for them) joins their party is probably the one that does all the mechanics and does over 60-70% the dps required to kill the boss. Does so much dps that within a single fight the weapon durability of the said geared person goes down by at least 20. 

These things apply to both newbies and alts, but more to alts. 

Then it's a problem of confidence. 

Which basically means my EU alt cannot progress.   This kind of thread brought me a bit of concern related to my EU alt.. I played in both NA and EU.  My BT group in EU recently got inactive because leader pursuing his study.  I almost have no real support there and therefore need to rely on F8 for my dailies.    When i make party no one coming and when i LFP.. people can leave before we enter the dungeon.

How do i even find another friends or even clan if no one really trust each other like that... If i ask to join dg they will think i need to be carried even when i do the mechanics.

Sayk   

Simple, F8 if you can't be social for clans. I breeze top 9 with main and then do another top 9 on a 950 ap murlock, which none ever said being carried. Thrall SB ftw does wonders. 😂

And after that still doing dc on all other chars just for free oils and jewels. 😎

PS: All of that on EU side. Also reach VT geared after 1.5 months of playing from fresh lvl 1 char, no $ involved so its totaly posible, just needs dedication and not to give up. You know how many kicks i got in hh f8 rec grps? More then dunge runs, and still didn't stop me to insist till i got 100 runs and the gloves with it. While now on alt murlock gloves drop for free in the damn dunge , rng trolled. 😏

12 hours ago, xLingerie said:

but but but....mechs are too hard.....i rather watch a justin bieber clip on youtube than a guide for mech on the dungeons XD

I agree its important to watch video guides but for some of us that doesnt make us perfect going into a dungeon. Me i watch it to get a general idea but i know going in for the first couple times im gonna screw up. There are some of us with handicaps that also make it take longer. Please dont bash me for this and tell me that i shouldnt play. What im saying is someone like me, it takes repetition and hands on to get the dungeon down right. Took me 10 runs minimum in NS to be confident enough with it.

Pugs are mean so i have a rule. If i dont know the dungeon well enough yet then i wont pug it. I prefer to do a party with my clan till im confident enough. My other rule is i cant be dieing still in a dungeon if im going to pug it. Pugs tend to have a higher standard unless its LFP only then you end up with a punch of people who dont care and will say oh ya i know the mech then no know the mechs. It doesnt go over so well, when i do LFP for NS on my FM and im the only HM12 with everyone else being HM7-9 or 10. I usually always facetank in that situation with my ranged FM lol. Anyway those rules go the same for weeklies. I now do 5 characters on weeklies. Two of them not so great in AP/gear but i run those with my clan and i pug the better ones. Key thing tho too is i know mechs. I can come into a weekly raid with crap everything but if i do what im supposed to do, dont die and follow mechs no one ever complains.

Now for my only complaint about F8, is i dont know how many times im within a couple AP of jumping into a group and they still kick you. I know the dungeon mechs but my 1097 isnt enough to get into a requested 1.1k group. While AP is important so is elemental damage, maybe even more so important than the couple of AP im short. I could easily just take off my earring and put on a pinnacle and clear the 1.1k  like that lol but that will hurt my dps. -shrugs- it is what it is tho and i deal with it no matter how annoying it can get. Im starting to like those groups that request raven+ and not the AP cause it makes it easier for me to join. 

FrozenB   
22 hours ago, Draknalor said:

Hey. 

It is because majority of the players in these AP range know that the failure rate for the dungeon will be higher if the party is full of similar AP players. They know clearly in their heart and that's why they tried to get into higher AP party, but constantly got kicked out and that's why this post exists. People have been mentioning that back in the old days this, back in the old day that...yes, we all came from baleful/seraph days. However, remember that we all had to learn the mech in each dungeons inside out and did the mech perfectly in order to clear the dungeons. Nowadays, do people still do mech in the normal mode? Yesterday, there were few people (even raven gear players) asked me how to get the DT 2nd boss down to floor so quick. This is just an example why people fail or lazy or doesn't want to learn to do mech. In fact, it is party of the game company fault that they nerf down the normal mode into child play. 

There was once I lfp'ed into DT dungeon with my alt with 850AP and I saw the whole party was between 800-950AP. Okay, sine it was DT normal mode and there was no mech and I had some time, so I just continued with the group. Then, I found out that we didn't have enough DPS for last boss because of 2 reasons. First reason was people didn't know how to do mech. So, they just faced eating the lighting and stand far away from boss, so in the end, the boss wasn't doing any self-damaging mech. Second reason was people faced eating all the damage such as no party iframe/self iframe for aoe, didn't know what to know when they had fire debuff countdown on them, standing in the lava, etc. So, in the end, people just kept on dying. Obviously, with this low DPS group, dying and lying on the floor for the rest of the fight was not an option. That's why the boss reached enrage time. After that, all the people left the dungeon immediately without even trying one more and obviously there was no way to recruit new people because new people couldn't finish the daily quests (missing 1st and 2nd bosses). It was a total waste of time. So, I believe this happened to a lot of low AP players before too and they don't want it to happen to them. (running a dungeon for 30min+ and finally couldn't finish it.) So, they just try to get into higher AP group.