Leavers need to be punished

Javice

So i made some tickets and the Gm's and even an Senior GM did no see an issue here

guess ill start doing this to then on my main, being an ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and leaving / disbanding groups so other people cant recruit and have to go back to lobby

On 19.03.2018 at 3:58 AM, Tristan said:

@Ulrezaj you can exit f8 to the server.  When you leave the dungeon just hit escape or click the b&s button and click return to server and it will move you to your server and not back into the lobby.  I guess that is what you are talking about if not please disregard.

I mean from inside the dungeon, you can leave from the entrance, but when you are inside, exit and return to server are greyed out. Sorry for late reply, Im only checking from time to time to see hows the general word on forums and if some things are going to change soonish.

@Javice If its such a big issue for you, I can start recruit if I have party lead, you can start recruiting when you have party leader, dont just stand in front of the entrance only to find out that the other person is indeed leaving. If you want to make a group for some dungeon, post a message in chat/dungeon recruitment. LFP always was a wild card, you could find people who afk and bid on loot - and now the community responds, no more carrying afks, you lfp, you deal with consequences. If I can solo something and get 100% reward, why should I carry someone only to get my loot split, when it wont even change the time of the run?

On 3/10/2018 at 2:55 AM, FrozenB said:

Ever sine there are afkers/leechers bid on the drops after boss was dead while they have 0 contribution to the run, I always solo these dungeons. If you want to blame, blame these afkers/leechers. 

what a trash garbage remark, do that to the players who did this to you, go to zaiwei, and don't use other players as dungeon openers.

They afk because people like you use them for a taxi, people like you burn them in a fire to run the dunegon 5 seconds faster.

@Ulrezaj Yes, partly why if I'm not rushing something, I'll only group with others for things that I can't solo. If I'm in a rush, I'll either save it for later that day or run it with people to get it done faster... My issue with that though is that you have these people that will wait around for minutes on end, for AFK'ers or those that aren't even trying to load into the dungeon at all. It's down right upsetting and generally when I see that happening and it's at the first boss, I'll drop group and make another group that generally won't have that issue. Problem solved.  If you really want to wait for AFK'ers and the like and it's your group by all means, but no one should be punished if they don't have the time or patience to wait for that player or players to decide to come into the dungeon and participate. 

13 minutes ago, borgmod said:

what a trash garbage remark, do that to the players who did this to you, go to zaiwei, and don't use other players as dungeon openers.

They afk because people like you use them for a taxi, people like you burn them in a fire to run the dunegon 5 seconds faster.

what a ***** reply, instead of blaming people propose a solution and maybe devs will see it and fix it somehow. Do you think its possible to keep track of all the leechers and douchebags and their alts? Block list is too small by a few orders of magnitude.

@KiraKameliaI completely understand you, I too am upset when we have to wait for some very slow loader or someone who is pretty much afk. But since I am slow loader and I get killed in flames a few times a week I know how the other person must feel. Everything discussed here is a side effect of removing the kick from party option. And Im not against anyone who leaves, even during the dungeon, you can always do that when you disagree with people inside. I did that a few times.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny enough, yes... we still see this problem.

The other day, I was LFPing for a CS run to get my DC done before Koldrak came up. When I joined a group, we had my alt, the leader (FM) and shortly after, a HM 12 Assassin joined. From the moment the sin joined, they were constantly ordering the FM to go into the dungeon... they just kept impatiently spamming orders to the FM. And, after all that whiny, impatient nonsense, what does this trash sin do? IMMEDIATELY bails when they get to the dungeon square.

So, yeah... the sin kept throwing a hissy fit at the leader, because his bus wasn't fast enough. Screw this nonsense.

Like the opening post says, Cross Server Dungeons should lock out solo players. If someone bails a party, even from the entrance, they are locked out of the dungeon until they get another party.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometime ago I spent roughly 2 hours trying to first teach (on my alt) and then carry (main) 3 newbies through SSM. In hindsight that was an epic waste of time.

What do you think happened? It failed every time. Why? Because they wouldn't learn. I'd explain the mechanics over and over again, and they'd fail to the same mechanics over and over again. Zero improvement, zero. You'd literally see them stand still after the frost rings, no SS, no snare breaks, just stand completely still; and die. Or you'd see them run around like headless chickens with the fire buff up and not passing it to anyone despite being instructed to over and over again.

Nowadays, I will never LFP anything above NF; I can carry anyone through sheer DPS at that level and beneath, but after that? Forget it; it's a waste of my time.

I've run into more newbies who think "omg it's a geared player I don't have to do anything now" than who think "oh how nice of someone with such gear to group with me and try to teach me the dungeon, I should try to learn". That's just how things are. Complain about elitism all you want, but at the end of the day it works both ways. If you aren't willing to learn, no one has an obligation to carry you. If people are nice enough to carry you, you should be making your utmost efforts to learn, especially if they are giving a rundown of what to do. This is similar to taking undergeared people as carries in a full group; and they spend the entire fight as a doormat 30 seconds in because; well what do you know, watching guides is hard and listening to instruction is also hard.

It's even better when these people start bid wars with you in the end.

Solution to people leaving is to make your own groups. It's really that simple. People who leave these types usually leave after a fail, and that's quite understandable - hence the term "trap run". LFP is an option for people who don't care or mind hit/miss groups.

The simplest solution isn't to punish those who leave, it's to enable solo queuing :/

As for people who leave mid dungeon or because you are undergeared? That's their right, and shouldn't be taken from them. No one is obligated to remain in a position they don't want to be in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 9:44 AM, MassiveEgo said:

I leave parties for Naryu Sanctum where there is one or more players fresh out of story with stage 1 weapon and less than 40% crit rate. I don't want to get punished for not wanting to carry people.

You obviously cant carry anyone or it wouldn't be a problem for you.

3 hours ago, Bleys said:

You obviously cant carry anyone or it wouldn't be a problem for you.

At the moment with the current enrage timer I can take 90% of Xanos' hp solo if the ping is good. So no I can't carry "anyone". But that's beside the point. My problem with carrying people, is that I don't want to carry someone who has no place in a dungeon where he pretty much needs to be carried. Of course this is all in the context of the situation back in March when the comment you quoted was made. Right now I have to help out whether I like it or not. Three NS and IF (that's as far as I'm willing to take chances if the whole thing doesn't work and the time is wasted) random LFGs a day religiously since the May 9 patch, cause if I and other players with relatively good dps don't do it (and I tip my hat to others who do it as well despite not being obligated to), the low gear players in our community will be stuck on the baleful path for the next three months. Most unfavorable predicament for the EU community indeed.

In short it's a matter of principle, not opportunity.

On 3/9/2018 at 2:37 AM, Javice said:

Leavers need to be punished

No, they should not.  You can't punish someone who leaves a trap run for example, IF. If i see that the majority of the party are 800AP I want the freedom to leave group and join a party that has actually prepared for that dungeon.  

7 hours ago, Statler said:

or just make it impossible to enter a dungeon Solo in F8 ;)

Or maybe give people options that are convenient and don't suck.

Also this thread is old >_>

I saw some comment here that make me cringe....

Why all Solo Player should be punished for the misconduct of some kids?

I never leave a party even through it's smell like a wipe festival is comming and, when i have enough (or my weapon is near the breaking point) i warn before leaving (something like : last try for me sorry guys).

I always bid on only what i'm interested in, all the other stuff is an automatic pass.

I always say hi, thanks and bye.

Anyway, i respect other and i'm a solo player... Why should i be punished for the behavior of others?

On 3/9/2018 at 3:28 AM, YunoGasaiYandere said:

Two loading screens?

Press P.

Windstride to dungeon entrance.

Enter dungeon. 

Vs

Press F8 and get loading screen for lobby

Gather party and go to cross server zone for 2nd loading screen

Enter dungeon portal for third loading screen

So it's 2 loading screens if you're going to dungeon in your server vs 3 loading screens if you use F8

Basically, it's only one, because by the point the dungeon lobby, people are already in the dungeon lobby, they may just come from another dungeon. If you choose to return to server, you will have to press F8 again to get back to the lobby and do other dungeon runs.

Archived