Leavers need to be punished

Javice

Greetings,

This issue is happening everyday and its pissing me off.

I queue up for a CS, HM or 1 of the low dungeons for the DC with my alt in F8, a HM 12+ joins and when we get in the gateway, he leaves the party to solo it.

Sometimes its just me and a high lv that enters immediatly, he leaves in the gateway and i cant recruit and have to go to the lobby again.

Are people that lazy to not be an ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and just go to the entrance ?

We need a change, that you cant enter the instance if you are not in a party or you get kicked back to lobby if you leave a group or an option to solo enter an instance in F8

25 minutes ago, OPECI said:

too much Drama, too much work.

the obviously easier Option would be to make it possible to solo enter dungeons in f8 dont you think so?

And people will tell you to just directly go to the dungeon in your server, without caring how many loading screens  you have to go through and how much distance you have to run between them.

12 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

And people will tell you to just directly go to the dungeon in your server, without caring how many loading screens  you have to go through and how much distance you have to run between them.

Two loading screens?

Press P.

Windstride to dungeon entrance.

Enter dungeon. 

Vs

Press F8 and get loading screen for lobby

Gather party and go to cross server zone for 2nd loading screen

Enter dungeon portal for third loading screen

So it's 2 loading screens if you're going to dungeon in your server vs 3 loading screens if you use F8

Oh no... you have to WALK!

No, no, it's instead easier to grab some random low-level and use them as your personal chauffeur into the dungeon, then ditch the "filthy casual" who DARES not be at least Raven 9 in for a CS run!

Honestly, I agree with the poster in this regard... way too many high-AP players treat others like a means to an end, if they acknowledge them at all. Elitism runs pretty rampant in the community. I mean, let's face it... how hard would it have been to just go into the dungeon with the low-level player if you were just going to solo it anyways? No no... let's instead bail on the person, so they can waste time finding another party who might just as well puss out on them too?

i support this idea tbh.  today's shattered mast.. we entered with 6 only 2 or 1 made it to last boss.  this will disrupt any lowbies attempt to farm his/her pinnacle bracelet (the one you get from story is Lucent)  Cold storage, countless times. Might as well walk to zaiwei and have fun there if wanting to solo.

8 hours ago, OPECI said:

too much Drama, too much work.

the obviously easier Option would be to make it possible to solo enter dungeons in f8 dont you think so?

I agree with this. I often go to matchmaking with PUGs for the DC dungeons because it's a lot faster than waiting on load screens and the amount of time it takes to run from A to B, wherever A (My current location) is, in relation to B (The dungeon that needs to be done for the DC). Since I have to wait until at least one person joins my party before I can even enter and magically teleport to where I need to go, I usually wait until a few more people show up, not because I need help, but to give others the opportunity to benefit from any DPS or muscle that I can offer for them. Plus, the more dps, the faster things go, sometimes, so why not? --But yeah, the option to just enter when you're by yourself should be there, just as a QOL thing, because going to the physical location of each dungeon would just be a formality by now anyway, when all some of us want to do is do our DCs, and log off to go to bed/work/etc..

I usually do my DCs before bed if I feel like I can stay awake long enough to even bother with them, on my work days, being a graveyard shift person.

I usually don't even care to mess with BNS unless there's an event or something semi-worthwhile for logging in for the day.

After nearly 12 hours at work, I DO want to play video games, but I want to do something fun, if I'm wide awake - not just go through the "usual" routine of spinning the Daily Dash and being semi-afk long enough to get some daily exp charms.

So yeah, something like what you suggest would help save some time for a lot of people who have so little of it. Personally, I don't solo dungeons often, as I don't want to work harder than I have to for a "routine" that would be easier if the bosses had someone else's attention while I just spam away with my usual rotation, rather than getting ALL of the aggro and getting CC'd/knocked down/away/pulled every 2-3 seconds.  lol

Yeah, I'm a jerk - I like to use other team mates as bait. You got me! XD

Ever sine there are afkers/leechers bid on the drops after boss was dead while they have 0 contribution to the run, I always solo these dungeons. If you want to blame, blame these afkers/leechers. 

Nowadays, who can't solo HM/CS? Even with baleful/seraph weapon + storyline quest gears, you can solo HM/CS. You just have to know the boss rotation (can't face eat all the damage from boss). So, when you see a geared player left party, why don't you solo it or you want free and fast carried? Isn't it a good time to practice your skills with your character?

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

i support this idea tbh.  today's shattered mast.. we entered with 6 only 2 or 1 made it to last boss.  this will disrupt any lowbies attempt to farm his/her pinnacle bracelet (the one you get from story is Lucent)  Cold storage, countless times. Might as well walk to zaiwei and have fun there if wanting to solo.

This, at least, is solvable by NCW simply by changing the quest to completing the dungeon. NCW knows, its been mentioned here many times. As to punishing droppers, LOL. Its bad enough you can't boot people. I had to drop so many dungeons yesterday, not to solo them, but to not be in a NS 5 person carry attempt. PUGging is horrible, so heres my solution: Wait to do it with friends. I have to do it a lot, because people seem to think that higher levels owe them a carry.

The issue with the running and dropping is because the cardinal gates in zaiwei are a fair bit more pointless running from any windstride point. Thats right, its still more lazy to go through the lobby.

12 hours ago, Javice said:

Greetings,

This issue is happening everyday and its pissing me off.

I queue up for a CS, HM or 1 of the low dungeons for the DC with my alt in F8, a HM 12+ joins and when we get in the gateway, he leaves the party to solo it.

Sometimes its just me and a high lv that enters immediatly, he leaves in the gateway and i cant recruit and have to go to the lobby again.

Are people that lazy to not be an ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and just go to the entrance ?

We need a change, that you cant enter the instance if you are not in a party or you get kicked back to lobby if you leave a group or an option to solo enter an instance in F8

I don't mind if they put punishment for leavers. However, what happen if your game client crashed or you are disconnected while loading? Based on 6v6 BG experience, they will treat all the same. If you are one of the players who have game client crash or disconnect issue, have fun with the punishment you proposed.

5 hours ago, StrawberryCarnage said:

This, at least, is solvable by NCW simply by changing the quest to completing the dungeon. NCW knows, its been mentioned here many times. As to punishing droppers, LOL. Its bad enough you can't boot people. I had to drop so many dungeons yesterday, not to solo them, but to not be in a NS 5 person carry attempt. PUGging is horrible, so heres my solution: Wait to do it with friends. I have to do it a lot, because people seem to think that higher levels owe them a carry.

The issue with the running and dropping is because the cardinal gates in zaiwei are a fair bit more pointless running from any windstride point. Thats right, its still more lazy to go through the lobby.

Ugh... Shattered Masts... I don't think I've had a full party clear that dungeon since they screwed up the DC requirement.

As for what you said about low-levels expecting carries... I totally see that... but I've also seen the opposite just as often - high-level players refusing to do any work until they get to a boss, because the rest of the dungeon is "beneath them". No joke, I literally got stuck with someone who refused to fight, because (his words) he was "too good for the mobs".

29 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

Ugh... Shattered Masts... I don't think I've had a full party clear that dungeon since they screwed up the DC requirement.

As for what you said about low-levels expecting carries... I totally see that... but I've also seen the opposite just as often - high-level players refusing to do any work until they get to a boss, because the rest of the dungeon is "beneath them". No joke, I literally got stuck with someone who refused to fight, because (his words) he was "too good for the mobs".

Yes, I've run into that too, and if i see it I let them finish the dungeon on their own, since they're so awesome.

I solo the majority of the dungeons and so I go to Zaiwei where you can enter most of them without having to INCONVENIENCE other gamers.  Yes it is an inconvenience to others when snobby higher levels join parties and then leave to go solo.  IF I do join a party then I really don't care what level people are and if my HM15 GS gives lower levels a hand then so be it.

Some people just don't care that their actions impact on others which is sad.  Its like doing Shattered Masts and quitting as soon as you get the 15 kills for the daily.  Why would you not finish the dungeon and get the experience from the last few quests?  I need 200  million to get to HM16 and I run all dungeons every day to get the experience just to level, therefore I cant understand people just not bothering to finish a dungeon that gives experience.

I just hope all the people who complain about this now remember as they get higher level how hard it is when people do it.

4 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

@SilverFoxR Well you can't deny that the run would be a carry if a person who one shots mobs, starts one shotting the mobs. And if that person doesn't want to be a carry... you get the idea.

And on the flipside, we're now carrying the person who "could one shot mobs". Maybe if everyone contributed to the whole dungeon instead, hmm?

How would you contribute to killing a mob that someone else one shots tho :HongWhat:

It might seems like nitpicking, but it's a purely technical thing. Like with what I said earlier - I leave parties where I see a player with stage 1 bale/seraph and less than 40% crit rate for EC and higher. I get that people want dailies with alts, but this is basically expecting to get carried. I'm not gonna do the effort. And when certain gear difference is in place, aka you do something like 35k dps and the strongest player does 450k dps, the run becomes a carry run whether you want to or not, simply because your presence and effort doesn't knock any time off the run. I will admit that such scenario is not all that common of course. But in my opinion any run where one player has more dps than 3-4 other people in the same run combined, is a carry run.

30 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

How would you contribute to killing a mob that someone else one shots tho :HongWhat:

It might seems like nitpicking, but it's a purely technical thing. Like with what I said earlier - I leave parties where I see a player with stage 1 bale/seraph and less than 40% crit rate for EC and higher. I get that people want dailies with alts, but this is basically expecting to get carried. I'm not gonna do the effort. And when certain gear difference is in place, aka you do something like 35k dps and the strongest player does 450k dps, the run becomes a carry run whether you want to or not, simply because your presence and effort doesn't knock any time off the run. I will admit that such scenario is not all that common of course. But in my opinion any run where one player has more dps than 3-4 other people in the same run combined, is a carry run.

I don't mind helping people out in any dungeon up to Ebondrake Citadel but after that I think they should be able to at least do some damage.  I don't care if I am helping out lower levels in fact I enjoy doing it. 

1. because the more people who get higher means I have more people to play with.

2. because I am going to run the dungeon anyway.

3. its more fun playing with other people than soloing absolutely everything.

4. I was once a low lvl and I know how hard it can be trying to get parties.

5. As a higher level does it really hurt to carry someone through a dungeon when you are going to do that dungeon anyway. No I don't think so.

for really low dungeons, i chose to go through normal map.

But, for NF,NS upwards these fresh people are too problematic. I did help them several times, explain mechanism for each boss like step on flowers for rocnar etc. You know what, these people remained silent, no response and still dont want to do mechanic eventho their dps were low.. If they are new and dunno shits, just follow what people have told. At first i thought they dont understand english, but at the end they DID speak english and even want acc for free.. Its not like i dont wanna help them. Their attitude is what pissed me off.

32 minutes ago, kasumi32768 said:

veteran players selfish and ignorant
deserve to be kicked too

Because your multiple rant topics on the same line will be locked: Find a clan, don't be a jerk, nobody owes you anything and there are many dungeons with many levels.

The ignorant is a good laugh by the way, and if you want to kick veteran players, you shouldn't be trying to party up with them.

You will only end up shooting yourself in the foot by suggesting a punishment for leavers on F8 Dungeons.

There are people who go in and do their things solo.

There are people who don't mind doing a carry.

Anything i can solo at reasonable time I enter solo on world map. If I decide to run something on f8 I don't care if I have to carry it. But if the team acts mentally retarded (fck up mechanics that u can't fck up unless u are retarded). I will leave. If there would be a punishment for that, you will only create a bigger gap between those who can't do the most basic things and those who are 'veteran'.

No one will run dungeons with new players if they get punish for leaving, not everyone has time for such bs. With current system you can at least get people sometimes that don't have a issue to carry. But most carried players don't know how frustrating it can be for some people when you have ignorant players in party. You should at least know the basics of your class, the dg and what to do in general.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, MassiveEgo said:

welll i have 5 alts i do dailies on. I for one refused to do dailies on any of them till i had at least 950+ ap and at a minimum bale 10. Now that being said, its no ones fault that a whale can pull off that much dps but i promise you 35-40k dps does take off time from the kill maybe not as much as that 400k dps whale and if they dont like it then dont pug it or solo it. Why punish new people for trying. Key thing in my opinion is do you know the mechs. I dont care that my dps is 3-4 times greater than someone elses. What i care about is if your gonna get in that dungeon do something stupid cause you dont know what your doing and cause us to wipe. I sort of want to throw this out there once more too 35-40k  dps can get someone through bosses 1-3 in bt so is more than enough for dungeons. People in my opinion are just too picky. 

as for leavers, lets not do something so stupid as punishment. While i dont leave, i do have the occasional crash while in F8 and i would not like to be punished for that. Thank you very much.

That issue will likely never be solved, in part by the way the instance matching in almost all games works.  

On BnS, if I want the loot, and I'm already in F8, I'll either take a chance with the MOML thingy for cheap easy dungeons like CS and HM, or do that. If I queue up for HM or CS and I find that people are already in it. I'll leave then because of the daily lock out and not wanting to enter as they are attacking the boss and/or beating the boss.

So with all that said, there is not way around it in BnS unless they remove daily lock out, and make it where you can from F8 area be able to queue and enter the dungeon from a solo queue. Saves on the loading screens and saves on the time wasted for those of us that solo those dungeons on a regular basis. 

I bet I'm one of those who are called leavers. Thing is, I wont be carrying anyone through a dungeon only to see bids on stuff I need/is valuable. I've had my share of my scale my loot(old moml) ending up with randoms bidding on my loot. I'm not going with randoms anymore. If you want to fix this, really add solo queue option in f8, since world loading screens are just way too long for some things and f8 is more convenient. I wouldnt mind carrying someone, even sharing loot between dungeons, but this community just doesnt seem to understand some basic rules and its really aggravating. Solo enter would fix those leavers for good in lower dungeons, maybe even in higher ones. While we are at it, adding ability to exit and return to server from f8 dungeon when you are solo would be a really, really good addition.

@Ulrezaj you can exit f8 to the server.  When you leave the dungeon just hit escape or click the b&s button and click return to server and it will move you to your server and not back into the lobby.  I guess that is what you are talking about if not please disregard.

Archived