Remove "Advance to start" from Daily Dash

Onbekend

It's the opposite of an advance, considering the best rewards are towards the end of the dash. The venture token, chromatic threads, and hive queen wings are all located behind the last premium spot, making them unobtainable if you get the Advance to start "feature" once.

We also already have the "Complete one round" feature. Both give the round completion reward. The latter doesn't reset progress. The latter doubles the reward you landed on. Both the "Double reward" and "Advance to start" features are inferior to the "Complete one round", as this does the same and more. "Double reward", however, doesn't undo your progress, so I'm not complaining about that one.

"Advance to start" dents the Premium experience, with people in the past considering to get rid of their subscription, because it ruined their dash. Its existance turns Premium spots into a minefield, rather than an extra bonus for being premium.

Please, remove this horrible "feature".

i'm with you but who are we kidding? ncsoft wouldn't give a damn if they we're charitable beavers. they're about as anticonsumer as the ceo of a scam artist company and about as caring as a selfish sociopath. common decency for paying customers is a foriegn language to them and expecting anything more of them is the folly of a fool's adventure. 

14 hours ago, Onbekend said:

It's the opposite of an advance, considering the best rewards are towards the end of the dash. The venture token, chromatic threads, and hive queen wings are all located behind the last premium spot, making them unobtainable if you get the Advance to start "feature" once.

We also already have the "Complete one round" feature. Both give the round completion reward. The latter doesn't reset progress. The latter doubles the reward you landed on. Both the "Double reward" and "Advance to start" features are inferior to the "Complete one round", as this does the same and more. "Double reward", however, doesn't undo your progress, so I'm not complaining about that one.

"Advance to start" dents the Premium experience, with people in the past considering to get rid of their subscription, because it ruined their dash. Its existance turns Premium spots into a minefield, rather than an extra bonus for being premium.

Please, remove this horrible "feature".

I am for NO, as i actually like the advance to start feature. It allows you to obtain items that are in the beggining of the wheel much more and faster without you needing to complete the entire dash. For some it might seem a nuissance but for others its actually usefull. Because of the advance to start i managed to get all the ascendant stones i needed to get my pvp shields and get my weapon to Dragonforge stage 3.

8 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I am for NO, as i actually like the advance to start feature. It allows you to obtain items that are in the beggining of the wheel much more and faster without you needing to complete the entire dash. For some it might seem a nuissance but for others its actually usefull. Because of the advance to start i managed to get all the ascendant stones i needed to get my pvp shields and get my weapon to Dragonforge stage 3.

"Advance to Start" is cool when the end-reward is nice, like when Raven Feather/Hive Queen Wings was still rare and they gave some as end-reward. Or at least currencies that help you to exchange some neat stuff, like the Devotion Token that could be exchanged for Temptation outfit, or Ruby Gems (very valuable one years and a half ago).

However, end-rewards are mostly underwhelming rewards. Like the Daily Dash that gives out Silky Hair. What am I supposed to do when I have more hair than my character slots? Or the current Daily Dash with 10 Treasure Pouches. Sure, 10 treasure pouches are nice to have, but it looks like a consolation prize for people who rolls on "Advance to Start" than an actual reward. I still take the prize, of course, but I don't feel very thrilled, as one of my supposed-Premium-only feature sounds like a punishment instead of as an extra incentive.

So yeah, I support removing Advance to Start and replace it with something more meaningful. For example, "Collect all rewards along the way", that allows you to collect prizes that you pass through during a spin. Or, "Return to your last spot", which will make you collect the reward at the premium spot, then go back to the spot before it. This is to give  you another chance to land on the Premium spot, hence chance for better reward.

here's an idea, that should be immediately applied to the daily dash starting with tomorrow's maintenance @

BOTH "Advance to start" and "Complete one round"  have a very peculiar animation : they tick every spot on the map , so, in lieu of that, advance to start and complete one round, should be made so they give you everything they "tick" on  , i have always imagined this was how they're supposed to work! 

the way we have it now, why make it tick step by step on every map spot if ....it does nothing ? 

why not just teleport to start , or in the case of complete one round simply make another "double your reward" since that is what it basically IS ? why the need for a different animation ? just dust in the eyes of the player, "oh ...look...you got this ....doesn't matter if it does the same exact thing as the other ( double your reward) i mean look at this shiny animation waaaaaa" 

3 hours ago, Kozuki said:

"Advance to Start" is cool when the end-reward is nice, like when Raven Feather/Hive Queen Wings was still rare and they gave some as end-reward. Or at least currencies that help you to exchange some neat stuff, like the Devotion Token that could be exchanged for Temptation outfit, or Ruby Gems (very valuable one years and a half ago).

However, end-rewards are mostly underwhelming rewards. Like the Daily Dash that gives out Silky Hair. What am I supposed to do when I have more hair than my character slots? Or the current Daily Dash with 10 Treasure Pouches. Sure, 10 treasure pouches are nice to have, but it looks like a consolation prize for people who rolls on "Advance to Start" than an actual reward. I still take the prize, of course, but I don't feel very thrilled, as one of my supposed-Premium-only feature sounds like a punishment instead of as an extra incentive.

So yeah, I support removing Advance to Start and replace it with something more meaningful. For example, "Collect all rewards along the way", that allows you to collect prizes that you pass through during a spin. Or, "Return to your last spot", which will make you collect the reward at the premium spot, then go back to the spot before it. This is to give  you another chance to land on the Premium spot, hence chance for better reward.

You do not seem to understand what i wrote....

I am not talking about the end reward, I am talking about the first 15-20 fields in the daily dash. To get those items you need to complete the daily dash to start over. With advance to start i can land on for example field 6 (that gives me an item i need) then when i get advanced to start i can land on that item again without wasting time to get through the entire daily dash.

So from my point of view its still a NO and i rather keep it the way it is.

Also "collect all rewards along the way" is dumb and literally too good. They would be basically giving away a ton of free items and that is not the intention of the daily dash, the dash is supposed to give minor rewards and not spam you full with goodies.

I still prefer advance to Start.

The entire idea of advanced to start is to give you more chances to get the items in the beggining of the dash isntead of waiting a week to complete it and then get a go at it. You forget not everyone needs all the other rewards. If you dont like advance to start, sure you have the right to, but  there are others who do like it and their opinion is as much valuable as any other.

24 minutes ago, HateMe said:

You forget not everyone needs all the other rewards. If you dont like advance to start, sure you have the right to, but  there are others who do like it and their opinion is as much valuable as any other.

And you forgot not everybody plays pvp. With the existence of Advance to start, there's a possibility to never even get past the Ascendant Stones (waste of space for someone who doesn't do PvP). If this happens to someone, they only manage to stack up on Void Fragments and Ascendant Stones.

As it stands, there's 1 spot that can make Soulstones (and everything behind it) unobtainable. There's 2 spots that can make Moonstone Crystals, and Sacred Crystals unobtainable. And there's 3 spots before Elysian Crystals. These are useful, whether you play PvP or not.

Sure, now you say you like it because it stacks up your Ascendant Stones, but now imagine they switch spots with Raven Feathers? I doubt you would have this opinion if that were to happen. Me, and many others, already live in that world. I'm overloaded on Void Fragments, and I'll never need Ascendant Stones. And if RNG feels like it, there's a possibility to see nothing but those two.

1 hour ago, Onbekend said:

And you forgot not everybody plays pvp. With the existence of Advance to start, there's a possibility to never even get past the Ascendant Stones (waste of space for someone who doesn't do PvP). If this happens to someone, they only manage to stack up on Void Fragments and Ascendant Stones.

As it stands, there's 1 spot that can make Soulstones (and everything behind it) unobtainable. There's 2 spots that can make Moonstone Crystals, and Sacred Crystals unobtainable. And there's 3 spots before Elysian Crystals. These are useful, whether you play PvP or not.

Sure, now you say you like it because it stacks up your Ascendant Stones, but now imagine they switch spots with Raven Feathers? I doubt you would have this opinion if that were to happen. Me, and many others, already live in that world. I'm overloaded on Void Fragments, and I'll never need Ascendant Stones. And if RNG feels like it, there's a possibility to see nothing but those two.

I would still have the opinion. Dont get me wrong all the items there are usefull, but depending on the player some more some less. However regardless if you dont like PVP you are forced to do so, this way at least the abundance of those mats will force some people to get at least the soulshields instead of going into battlegrounds with nothing.

I am looking at the bigger picture and not at the individual needs. If you really want to base your material "farming" on getting 5 crystals from the daily dash....then good luck. Daily dash is supposed to be a little extra not something to base your future on. Cause i am sure those 5 crystals will not hinder your progress in game. Even if you are "unlucky" you can still get all the materials there in game via normal means.

4 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I would still have the opinion. Dont get me wrong all the items there are usefull, but depending on the player some more some less. However regardless if you dont like PVP you are forced to do so, this way at least the abundance of those mats will force some people to get at least the soulshields instead of going into battlegrounds with nothing.

I am looking at the bigger picture and not at the individual needs. If you really want to base your material "farming" on getting 5 crystals from the daily dash....then good luck. Daily dash is supposed to be a little extra not something to base your future on. Cause i am sure those 5 crystals will not hinder your progress in game. Even if you are "unlucky" you can still get all the materials there in game via normal means.

Yes, you can still get all the materials via normal means. So you can farm your Ascendant Stones, while I can have an enjoyable dash without an Advance to start ruining my every 2nd round. Sure, 5 Moonstone Crystals won't affect me much. But you can get 200 Sacred Crystals if lucky. If unlucky, you won't even make it to them in the first place.

You're not looking at the bigger picture at all. Sure, it's useful for some, but why should that go for the cost of some players being unable to even get past those items, which are useless for them? Daily Dash is supposed to be a little extra, and for many, the existance of Advance to start, turns "little extra" into "little waste of time to press the spin button".

Also, there's some PvP people who dislike Advance to start, but there's definitely no PvE people who do like it. Your "not looking at individual needs" is actually looking at a minority.

(And if someone doesn't like PvP, they're simply never gonna do it. Not sure where you get this "forced" from)

26 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

Yes, you can still get all the materials via normal means. So you can farm your Ascendant Stones, while I can have an enjoyable dash without an Advance to start ruining my every 2nd round. Sure, 5 Moonstone Crystals won't affect me much. But you can get 200 Sacred Crystals if lucky. If unlucky, you won't even make it to them in the first place.

You're not looking at the bigger picture at all. Sure, it's useful for some, but why should that go for the cost of some players being unable to even get past those items, which are useless for them? Daily Dash is supposed to be a little extra, and for many, the existance of Advance to start, turns "little extra" into "little waste of time to press the spin button".

Also, there's some PvP people who dislike Advance to start, but there's definitely no PvE people who do like it. Your "not looking at individual needs" is actually looking at a minority.

(And if someone doesn't like PvP, they're simply never gonna do it. Not sure where you get this "forced" from)

Because items such as moonstones / soulstones are locked behind PVP, and marketplace. Thus a lot of players actually go PVP to get those materials, not because they like PVP, but because they need the materials and dont want to waste their gold.

As for ascendant stones, do not compare those to the regular materials because they are in a entire different league and much hard / difficult to obtain.

I still stand by my view that i actually like the advanced to start option as much as you may dislike it, however i do not base my materials on a rng wheel too much. in the time you base your "200 sacred crystals" on luck, i can get 300 by simply doing PVE stuff. That is the difference.

Plus your advance to start still gives you 10 pouches so....its not like you get nothing out of it, and with what you get from those 10 pouches actually in usefullness outweights the sacred crystals by far since you only need a lot of them for PVP gear and the gloves.

23 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Because items such as moonstones / soulstones are locked behind PVP, and marketplace. Thus a lot of players actually go PVP to get those materials, not because they like PVP, but because they need the materials and dont want to waste their gold.

As for ascendant stones, do not compare those to the regular materials because they are in a entire different league and much hard / difficult to obtain.

I still stand by my view that i actually like the advanced to start option as much as you may dislike it, however i do not base my materials on a rng wheel too much. in the time you base your "200 sacred crystals" on luck, i can get 300 by simply doing PVE stuff. That is the difference.

Plus your advance to start still gives you 10 pouches so....its not like you get nothing out of it, and with what you get from those 10 pouches actually in usefullness outweights the sacred crystals by far since you only need a lot of them for PVP gear and the gloves.

(I thought the sacred crystal spots were 50, they're actually 30. So the 200 becomes 120). In the time you got 300 from PvE stuff, you could have 420 if you weren't kicked back to start on Soulstones a day ago.

Yes, Advance gives 10 pouches. I've already addressed that point, saying Complete one round also does this.

The Premium Spot shouldn't be feared. It should be exciting. And currently, some people are afraid to land on them. Do you really think that's normal, for something that's supposed to give something extra, on top of something extra?

14 minutes ago, Onbekend said:

(I thought the sacred crystal spots were 50, they're actually 30. So the 200 becomes 120). In the time you got 300 from PvE stuff, you could have 420 if you weren't kicked back to start on Soulstones a day ago.

Yes, Advance gives 10 pouches. I've already addressed that point, saying Complete one round also does this.

The Premium Spot shouldn't be feared. It should be exciting. And currently, some people are afraid to land on them. Do you really think that's normal, for something that's supposed to give something extra, on top of something extra?

you mistake one thing: Advance to start is not the same as complete one round, those have 2 different functions:

1. Advance to start is meant to give you more shots at the earlier fields without you needing to complete the entire dash

2. Complete 1 round, gives you the end reward + the field reward 2 times, and puts you back where you left off.

As annoying as the first may be to you, it has a purpose to why its there.

34 minutes ago, HateMe said:

you mistake one thing: Advance to start is not the same as complete one round, those have 2 different functions:

1. Advance to start is meant to give you more shots at the earlier fields without you needing to complete the entire dash

2. Complete 1 round, gives you the end reward + the field reward 2 times, and puts you back where you left off.

As annoying as the first may be to you, it has a purpose to why its there.

I know they're not the same thing. That's why I'm asking for the removal of the one not doubling the reward, and resets progress. That's the entire point of this thread.

Absolutely remove that garbage 'advance to start'.  It's a pentalty for having premium.  All the garbage is at the beginning, the best items at the end... how is skipping all the best slots a premium benefit?  Even if you are a new player, removing advance to start would have such a minimal effect, and at least would not feel like punishment for paying NCWest RL money.

On 3/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, HateMe said:

You claim to be looking at the bigger picture, yet you seem to ignore the fact that "Advance to start" is the most common thing that happens when you hit a blue box. It would be neat if end reward was nice, but when it's garbage and the predominant opinion is such, it means a lot of people get something they do not want, more often than they can tolerate it. Your satisfaction alone is not enough to tilt this to equilibrium.

• NCSOFT

Hey everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

We won't be removing the Advance to Start perk from Daily Dash due to its purpose for obtaining the earlier rewards more frequently. Instead, we're looking into lowering the chance of landing on Advance to Start and increasing the other perks for the next Daily Dash.

8 hours ago, Gennady said:

I remember time when we had surprise prize more often than other perks and it was a nice rng box. Now it's almost always advance to start, double reward or complete one round

Its still possible to get surprise prize. I got it 2 times in like 7 days. It was 2x blue venture tokens (700 hongmoon coins) each time. Still...I failed to land on premium spot for like 2 or 3 months before. Thanks to daily dash rewards and premium chest I bought dragonfly outfit from market for my lv 20 alt. for 190 gold. And I gave her only ~20 gold from my main...

On 3/8/2018 at 7:53 PM, MassiveEgo said:

You claim to be looking at the bigger picture, yet you seem to ignore the fact that "Advance to start" is the most common thing that happens when you hit a blue box. It would be neat if end reward was nice, but when it's garbage and the predominant opinion is such, it means a lot of people get something they do not want, more often than they can tolerate it. Your satisfaction alone is not enough to tilt this to equilibrium.

I do get what you are talking about but that comes that they organized the daily dash so you have a better chance landing at a specific reward, honestly they should go back to having the dash shuffled so you have a mix of good and bad items everywhere then it wont matter if you hit advance to start all that much, cause that seems to be the only problem people complain about.

Archived