Tanking needs to be addressed

Saekko

It's far too difficult to find a decent tank. If you don't have a tank most dungeons are going to be miserable or even impossible.
Not only is it so hard to find a tank, but in most cases they can't even hold threat. 

I feel like I'm punished when I want to play my GS instead of my BM because I end up having to tank on GS... Not fun. I like gearing up but the more gear I get on my dps classes the more often I have to tank on them...

From my experience as a BM main( that recently has been playing more GS) I can say from experience tanking just isn't fun or rewarding on almost every boss.
Bosses (AND TRASH MOBS) CC melee far too much where ranged rarely have to do anything. 
Would being really good at fighting every boss and mob in the game mean you have no issue dodging every attack, knock back, knock up, knock down, stun, daze, grab, and pin? Yes.
Are the majority of BMs and KFMs you find in f8 going to be very good? No, no they're not. 

Make tanking more enjoyable so more people want to do it.
Give the one with aggro cc immune
Give tanks more threat 
Give them more dps
Extra rewards
Hell, add a new super awesome high damage TANK class to the game ( I'd personally reroll to a class with a greatsword and happily tank everything if it was available)

• Like 2

On 4.3.2018 at 11:04 AM, Saekko said:

The tank can lit. just stand in front of the mob and doing dps while he's healing during life drain etc. and maybe blocking sometimes? Sounds like a boring job to do and not the super fancy job everyone would like to pick. My main is not a tank class, but i still like tanking BT on it or my alts, because you have a little bit more to do (if you want to optimize your tanking skills) than the normal dps player who's just running down the rotation over and over again.

Give tanks more threat 

I understand that you want to optimize you class play and deal max dmg possible, BUT... it is not only up to the tank to hold the aggro, if you don't want to tank chill your dps. If the dps is enough to kill a boss and you got a person that wants to tank plus you don't want to tank, i don't understand why you grab the aggro by hard overdmg the tank. A real tank makes the fight more comfortable for dps classes, but it's not a permission to turn of the brain and start dpsing just because you can. If you're about to get the aggro at the start of a fight stand near the boss, as most bosses have jump mechanics which makes it even harder for a tank to get back the aggro (but i guess you know that as a tank) and stop dpsing for a few seconds. 

Give them more dps

If the classes are equal geared, the tank won't loose the aggro, except for fire gunner's burst. That's more a balancing problem, as gunner is the only class that's played with a long cd soul, giving the huge amount of burst dmg. A possible way to solve that problem, is giving the tanks a proper rotation that allows them to go for the long cd soul. As far as i remember fire gunners dps got reduced in december on the korean live servers, these class changes aren't applied to the western servers yet.

Extra rewards

It sounds good, if people would be rewarded doing mechs/tanking. Maybe there would be more people doing them as voluntary.

From my experience as a BM main( that recently has been playing more GS) I can say from experience tanking just isn't fun or rewarding on almost every boss.

What's the fun part of a range dps, that has really not much to do in the high geared end game heroic dungeons, as dealing dmg? Where is the "rewarding experience" for you there?

While i played main tank class in many other games, my most rewarding experience was/is, that others are able to maximize their dmg to the boss and secure them from the normal boss rotation dmg as far as possible.

Are the majority of BMs and KFMs you find in f8 going to be very good? No, no they're not. 

I agree that there are many, but this is not only about the tanking classes. This affects "dps-classes" as well, it just isn't that much noticed when a dps class can't do it's job well, as when the tank is bad.

• Like 2

On 4-3-2018 at 11:04 AM, Saekko said:

It's far too difficult to find a decent tank. If you don't have a tank most dungeons are going to be miserable or even impossible.

What you described is not a class issue. It's a player (community) issue.

My question to you would be, why can't u be the main aggro holder as GS and tank the boss at 1meter? You already got the experience from playing BM from what you wrote.

I personally play on Eu server 3 classes: FM (main), WL and GS (alt). If I deal the highest dps, I will tank the boss. Simple as that and with tanking as range I stand at 1meter like the melee classes would do it.

Main problem is that most players that play range class have no clue how the boss patterns rotates which results in wrong usage of skills (or not able to figure out different way of using skills), goes panic mode and kite like a b*tch.

what is missing there is the class dps normally all tend to start with the buf to reach the highest range of dps in the green barrier, but bad there the gs can not start with bullet storm taking the buff wl and kfm because obvious you are going to remove the agro to the tanke, the classes can not be given anymore than they have because the pve influences the pvp and we finish as we are now in the 6vs6. sorry for my english  :D

Edited by Sheral

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2018 at 4:04 AM, Saekko said:

Not only is it so hard to find a tank, but in most cases they can't even hold threat. 

I feel like I'm punished when I want to play my GS instead of my BM because I end up having to tank on GS... Not fun. I like gearing up but the more gear I get on my dps classes the more often I have to tank on them...

Bosses (AND TRASH MOBS) CC melee far too much where ranged rarely have to do anything. 
Would being really good at fighting every boss and mob in the game mean you have no issue dodging every attack, knock back, knock up, knock down, stun, daze, grab, and pin? Yes.

Give tanks more threat 
Give them more dps
Extra rewards
Hell, add a new super awesome high damage TANK class to the game ( I'd personally reroll to a class with a greatsword and happily tank everything if it was available)

Maybe if some of you gunners let whoever is tanking charge in and get aggro 1st instead of attacking like mindless ghouls just to pad your dps meters this wouldn't be an issue. I've seen this many times. You and many others who play gunner know that class is broken.

Just for you tho.. 

CC Immune is useless cause you will get even more braindead people.
More Threat? -> We got a Buff from 150 to 200%
Give us more Dps?Wind KFM is from  F12 the second class with the highst dmg on Aransu Stage6 ( I do 550-580k  moyun) 
Bm is a bit lower but still enough
+ for extra rewards cause we have to do alot of ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 

new tanking class, enjoy the waiting.

You rly have to chill as gunner, because as fire your burst is still high enough and when you got a lower bm or kfm they will probl will lose aggro to a high geared gunner

Idk about BM, but for KFM your dmg is stacking up over time.. you wont start with 1mio dmg , you start with 400->500->600->700k till around 900k(short soul and vt gear)

That we having an issue to find tanks is a problem, but if you find one look at his f2 and think for yourself how long you should wait or slack around with your own dmg.

if you don't wanna tank, don't be whale, easy as that, and as for the lack of tanks, just learn how to tank yourself it's not hard, I've got a sin tanking raven each week, and I know he could do it with any other class aswell

What is honestly the worst thing that can happen to you if you tank?

Weapon durability?

Dying?

Looking like a noob if you die?

Get over it dude.

It's not like this is an MMO where you lose exp or gold by an unfair percentage every time you eat it (or god forbid permanent weapon break). 

If you play BM, then you'll know tanking is not that bad. As someone who plays FM, GS and BD, tanking bosses is more or less the same thing for all of them:  You fight, you win/die and end the quest successfully/prematurely. On to the next daily.

It's up to you if you wish to learn and adapt or stay stagnant and hope that you come across a "better party".

• 1 month later...

You cant gear for Optimal Tanking..

Because EVERYONE only cares about your AP...
no high ammount of AP ? yeah forget to run anything..

so it means forget to put points into the Tanking Side of your Hongmoon levels ONLY AP and AP and AP.... then they surprised the 1200 AP tank keeps getting murdered or simply cant hold his own as a tank while the boss CC spams his ass to oblivion and back.......

Edited by Zordrage

1) Tanking is rewarding, if one dont like there are various other classes to choose.

2) As long as the tank know how to play you have enough aggro to hold bosses from people with better gear

3) Everyone wants a good tanker, nobody wants to wait the tank to learn how to tank. If you bash the tanks who are learning then yes you deserve suffering, because most of ranged play like braindead and expect the tank to know everything at first try, so they can  play as headless chicken.

4)To tell you the truth, for all dungeons you dont need a tanker, I have seen various classes "tanking", whats their difference? They have a fully functional brain.

My main is BM and I have SF and WL alts that sometimes get aggro and, even tho it is possible to tank with any class you feel they are not as good as a BM to tank due to the lack of iframes, block efficiency, etc. So, yes, it is possible but far from optimal and you will find yourself in situations where the aggro will be changing and boss will be jumping around which is very bad for the melee classes that have to run after the boss.

With the same equipment my BM would have the lowest dps of my chars mostly because it is very ping dependent and BM's DPS is a bit lower at the moment.

In my opinion we do have tanking classes (BM and KFM mostly) that are designed for the job and having a good tanker makes everything easier and I disagree with the idea of increasing their DPS, I believe the aggro should consider only threat and not (threat X DPS). This would solve the problem we have today where most GS using TAB under SB will get aggro from a BM / KFM with the same equipments.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:37 PM, LuIius said:

if you don't wanna tank, don't be whale, easy as that, and as for the lack of tanks, just learn how to tank yourself it's not hard, I've got a sin tanking raven each week, and I know he could do it with any other class aswell

Using your friend instead of yourself as example is not a good way of presentation. 

----

and having decent tank is always welcome. making it more rewarding would be nice. Like say getting aggro as tank most of the time, yield Premium Transformation Stone.. then we will have no shortage of tank.

On 05/03/2018 at 12:56 AM, HateMe said:

If you choose to play a simply broken class whos damage simply overtakes the aggro boost classes have dont blame them. They should nerf the GS damage and normalize it so its comparable to FM.

Doesn't solve the issue FM's had the same problem, so do sins, and any other class that is attacking while the tank is using skills to maintain the group.
Needless nerfs are not the solution unless you're trying to sink this game along with your wallet.

NCSoft already had the code to fix the problem for years. They simply refuse to give that code to actual tanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-05-31 at 8:35 AM, JoannaRamira said:

Using your friend instead of yourself as example is not a good way of presentation. 

----

and having decent tank is always welcome. making it more rewarding would be nice. Like say getting aggro as tank most of the time, yield Premium Transformation Stone.. then we will have no shortage of tank.

actually it's me tanking, I just didn't wanna sound too full of myself.

as for profiting from tanking... it would make for aggros wars, even if the people speaking threat can't tank the boss they still want that pts

Edited by LuIius

• 11 months later...
On 04.03.2018 at 1:04 PM, Saekko said:

Give tanks more threat 
Give them more dps
Extra rewards

What? ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤out permanent ban for tank classes which not tank, end of story.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:16 PM, Nemises said:

If the classes are equal geared, the tank won't loose the aggro, except for fire gunner's burst. That's more a balancing problem, as gunner is the only class that's played with a long cd soul, giving the huge amount of burst dmg.

If both tank and gunner are equal geared, the tank won't lose aggro. If they do, they need more training as it's clearly an issue on their side.

2 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

If both tank and gunner are equal geared, the tank won't lose aggro. If they do, they need more training as it's clearly an issue on their side.

That's right for nowadays, but as you see I wrote that long before the awakening patch and without putting any HM-points in aggrow. It is quiet uncommen to refer to an outdated post. With the introduced 250% aggro skill it is indeed impossible to loose aggro, if you're equal geared within the current state of the game.

Edited by Nemises

what we need from NC Soft is to make it so (( if the player that get agro is not in melee range to gets grabbed by the boss and get the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ beaten out of him and gets 5s daze and stop the boss from jumping all over the map ))

that way it will stop stupid ranged players from hitting the boss before the tank does and gunslingers from using tab as soon as the tank walks to the boss ( tanks don't even have a chance to get agro )

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.6.2019 at 7:36 AM, MAX2016ACE said:

what we need from NC Soft is to make it so (( if the player that get agro is not in melee range to gets grabbed by the boss and get the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ beaten out of him and gets 5s daze and stop the boss from jumping all over the map ))

that way it will stop stupid ranged players from hitting the boss before the tank does and gunslingers from using tab as soon as the tank walks to the boss ( tanks don't even have a chance to get agro )

Actually I would more like to see the raven king's range check in all those dungeons. Range aggro at a boss in melee stance = instant dead of the aggro holder. But i guess those wipe mechanics are too demanding from the developers view. Otherwise I can't understand those "range checks" in ET which doesn't even hurt the tank anymore.