NCW Just sneaked "Weekender hat" into Hongmoon Store.

Shunaia

For people who don't know, the outfit shown below, is called "Strange Allure", and it came out a long time ago, but was supposed to come with the "Weekender Hat". Most people from KR and JPN regions knew of this item and it has shown up in various "Now Loading" screens and BNS-related artwork, etc..

http://y8GdKgj.jpg

The hat should be given to the people who already bought/own the outfit, "Strange Allure", but it's being sold in the Hongmoon Store for nearly 400 HMCoin/NCoin.

I think the outfit came out during the first year of BNS in NA, so it's pretty old, and for a long time, we've wondered if they were even going to put the hat into the NA region's client. I saw it snuck into the "Showroom" a couple weeks ago, and while browsing the Hongmoon Store tonight, before maintenance occurs tomorrow morning, I just happened to stumble upon this hat, also snuck into the Hongmoon Store.

Sure, a lot of people could argue that like with other outfit "sets", it's okay for them to sell us the hat separately while the outfit comes from an RNG box, or whatever, but most people are against such things, so there's that.  lol

I honestly feel like we should get it for free if we already own the outfit. I got it when it first came out, and wanted the hat back then. 400 NC/HMC is asking too much for it, in my opinion, but that's just me.

Below, I also included a screenshot of the item tooltip in the Hongmoon Store.

It was only after the "Trooper" and "Trooper Headpiece" set became available for purchase that this hat even showed up in the Showroom. The hat/visor counterparts don't looks too much alike, but they're re-skins.

http://EqK7kQI.jpg

Such a shady cash shop... -_-;

It seems to be a long-time item in the store, similar to outfits that never or rarely have an end-date. Such outfits are sold separably with their respective adornment (check Technomancer, Odysseys...), so I think it is fine for this hat being sold separably, even though it took them a very long time to realize this missing item.

What makes me sad is Trooper set. When it was first introduced in Showroom, it was in event tab, hinting an event to grind for it. However, they then changed it into F10 tab, so now we need to buy it. As an event item, I'm gladly take it. However, as a F10 item, the design doesn't worth it.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Shunaia:

I honestly feel like we should get it for free if we already own the outfit. I got it when it first came out, and wanted the hat back then. 400 NC/HMC is asking too much for it, in my opinion, but that's just me.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kozuki:

It seems to be a long-time item in the store, similar to outfits that never or rarely have an end-date. Such outfits are sold separably with their respective adornment (check Technomancer, Odysseys...), so I think it is fine for this hat being sold separably, even though it took them a very long time to realize this missing item.

I also think 400 NC/HMC are too much, but like @Kozuki said, it will be probably an "long-time item" and this is sadly the normal price for them :c

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Kozuki:

What makes me sad is Trooper set. When it was first introduced in Showroom, it was in event tab, hinting an event to grind for it. However, they then changed it into F10 tab, so now we need to buy it. As an event item, I'm gladly take it. However, as a F10 item, the design doesn't worth it.

That's exactly what I thinking^^ I saw it in the event tab and was wondering if I missed the event and then boom it was a cashoutfit :c but not worth to buy it :D

8 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Yeah, but the outfit itself isn't in their "long term" section, but I THINK it used to be. I could be mistaken, and it probably was just in that first event that we had, where we had RNG boxes with a bunch of older outfits dropping out of them, but if you salvaged them, you got tokens to buy the outfits that you DID want from Dragon Express. It might've been one of those outfits, but I forgot.

Anyway, I was thinking the same thing a lot of you were, about how it's probably just an addition to the "long term" section for cosmetics, but it seems they would put the outfit in there, as well, ya know?

Well, thanks for your input, guys and gals.^^

I just thought you all should know about this stuff if you didn't already. hehe

EDIT: Ah, I see that the outfit IS in there. I must've overlooked it, last I checked. Silly me! lol

• NCSOFT

Heya!

As Kozuki mentioned, the Weekender Hat that matches Strange Allure is a long-term store item which are sold separately instead of in bundles. 

Regarding the Trooper set, this outfit was initially scheduled to be an in-game event cosmetic reward but the cosmetic was changed to a different item. Unfortunately, it was accidentally made its way into the Showroom under the event section which lead to players asking about it frequently. Since there were no longer any plans for the cosmetic to be an event item, we offered the set through the Hongmoon Store for those who were interested in the outfit.

Any chance of a discount on outfits that have been in the store for over a year? Also, is there ever consideration given to taking a popular outfit and just changing the colour? How hard could that be? I'm seriously asking that as I see outfits that I think are nice but would really like in a different colour.

2 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Heya!

As Kozuki mentioned, the Weekender Hat that matches Strange Allure is a long-term store item which are sold separately instead of in bundles. 

Regarding the Trooper set, this outfit was initially scheduled to be an in-game event cosmetic reward but the cosmetic was changed to a different item. Unfortunately, it was accidentally made its way into the Showroom under the event section which lead to players asking about it frequently. Since there were no longer any plans for the cosmetic to be an event item, we offered the set through the Hongmoon Store for those who were interested in the outfit.

I just want to know, if we will ever get Juna's Blackram Maurader outfit?  I must have that outfit, for my Yun GS! lol

Archived