Tailor Shop? No longer tradable

LoliDolly

So i customized my sweet emotion in tailor shop but realized it was no longer able to be traded with stamps after doing so. This really stinks because sometimes i like to switch my outfits on to some of my alts. Is this something that will change eventually or is this just the way it is and customize with caution?

Customised outfits can indeed not be traded. You have to uncustomise it first by paying... 10g, I believe. But yeah, that removes the customisation, so you're out of luck if  you wanted to share your customised outfit between characters.

1 hour ago, Bread said:

Customised outfits can indeed not be traded. You have to uncustomise it first by paying... 10g, I believe. But yeah, that removes the customisation, so you're out of luck if  you wanted to share your customised outfit between characters.

i think thats kind of rotten cause of the cost it takes just to customize. I spent i think 21ish threads and those add up fast. -shrugs- i will deal with it lol like i do anything else that doesnt make sense 

Yeah, it sucks, and I'm certain it's intentionally designed that way so that IF youw ant that customized outfit on an alt, you're forced to "un-customize" it, then have to mail the item to the alt with stamps that you'll additionally have to buy from the Hongmoon Store, then you'd have to buy those Chromatic Threads all over again on the alt itself. If you ever wanted to move it BACK to the first character or to any other alt, that's even more money for NCW.

The cost of the thread looks small and negligible to some people, but the costs do add up to crazy amounts, depending on the overall "order" you place when editing cosmetics. It took a lot of those threads just to do three out of the four pieces of the Phoenix set, as I think the wings didn't need editing, but that's an initial ten or eleven threads just to do the outfit, plus one any design or color changes you make on the outfit itself. The cosmetics are something like three threads plus your changes, etc.. In all, the overall cost to an outfit should really be heavily pondered, if you don't want to waste too much money and resources with the whole process. This is why I've started to save "extra" cosmetics just for the purpose of re-coloring later, (and) once they become available for editing. I like how I can change my hair color with hat/head cosmetics, so for the nurse's hat, I can make myself a brunette, whereas I'm normally a blonde. I did the same with the Silver Saberfang head piece and the little red sailor hat. It just feels like it'll be a little more efficient for the items that I want to keep in their original colors/looks, but have alternate items that I can still stuff into the showroom, as customized items.

For the items that cannot be re-colored yet, they'll take up inventory space, though, but it just depends on what you might feel is worth saving for that purpose, on a personal level.

It's just another reason why they need to hurry the hell up with expanding upon this feature, so we can have a wider variety of things we can edit, and free up inventory space for items we're hoping to re-color at some point.^^;

The system is essentially set up to where you pay twice for the same outfit. Once for the initial purchase and double for the colors. You never feel like an owner, more like a renter since you're not free to do what you want with it without going through the middle man first. So yes, it's another anti-consumer practice NCSOFT is famous for. It's pathetic and unless i hit the lottery or land on the daily dash space enough times, i'll NEVER buy a color for an outfit. I implore you all to not buy but....asking gamers to be smart with their money is about as useless as suggesting ANYTHING.....on this website. NCSOFT won't listen, gamers keep spending....sounds even.

ahh, the tailor shop.    I have totally ignored that silliness and probably will npc the UNTRADABLE thread that appeared in my inventory because it is wasting my precious inv space.   remember folks, you do have the option of ignoring things in the game that you don't like the looks of.. 

i love the pinchy wheel of grief event. i get 5 free extra gold every day and 1 or more chocolates from DC and don't waste one extra second of my time to get it. THANKS EVENT!

12 hours ago, HateMe said:

NC said it loud and clear that customized outfits will loose the "account bound" ability untill you reset it.

It was widely announced during the go-live of the showroom so i do not see why you are so surprised.

ermm easy does it. Sometimes people miss things. I honestly dont remember them saying about the loss of trading on customized items and im not the only one that missed it. So ya thank you for making me feel stupid for bringing this up. Anyway im glad you caught this and could be so nice to point it out.

12 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

ermm easy does it. Sometimes people miss things. I honestly dont remember them saying about the loss of trading on customized items and im not the only one that missed it. So ya thank you for making me feel stupid for bringing this up. Anyway im glad you caught this and could be so nice to point it out.

Not knowing something / missing something doesnt make you stupid, it simply happens. You didnt know, made a post, people answered and it will help others that didnt know aswel. :)

Archived