Overcrowed Gunner class

YungBlaze

41 minutes ago, pikapikapika said:

why u guys hate gunner?  it is so much more fun to play gunner than my sum main.  pew pew !  you guys have issues against fun!?

It is not fun die against defence penetrate pve damage in 6v6. 

15 hours ago, Namifish said:

The actual reason why you might feel there is a lot gunner becouse its strong as an alt, but in endgame gear belive me there is not so much of gunners i do my dailys always on f8, i think i havent met any full vt gunner past 2 weeks meanwhile FM-s i see atleast 3 -4 evey day  most of the recruits i see “need reset multi dd example” im myself endgame max geared gunner, and i got asked to join raids i think like 7 different raids since 2018 even started becouse ppl telling me its hard to find an endgame dps gunner and they just dont have any, at low level dungeons yes i agree there is many becouse when i just join an EC or dt run i see 3 gunners aswell but not endgame ones just early alts

I don't know which server you play in. However, in NA server, if you go into 6vs6, all top gunners have max and full vt gears already. There is a HM25 gunner with all max gears (yes even max pet aura). That gunner can basically take down a whole team within seconds. Whichever team that gunner goes to, that team wins for sure unless he dc'ed.

4 hours ago, Fufia said:

This is more a ppl problam not gunner ppl never wait they try be the first hit boss as soon someone makes the first move all start atk like crazy.

The SB and BB on start that community invented help this alot even if it's not good for all classes. 

Im a shadow gunner and if i have a tank in PT i wait few seconds despite not having the burst that a fire gunner have on start.

You are right too. Ppl just lacks understanding of gunner class and other classes. I don't mind for gunner to burst and pull aggro throughout the game if the gunner can tank. I've seen good gunners do that and they don't say anything to party escpcially to tank.

I don't play tank classes but if I pull aggro I stop dps for awhile for tanker to active threats. 

4 hours ago, Gennady said:

Totally agree. I have main sf, alt kfm and alt gunner and I'm starting to hate gunners after couple of encounters with them as kfm/sf. Some people just DPS like no tomorrow and then start to bragging and saying "you supposed to tank" or "what's your dps". Of course my dps is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ because all I do is chasing boss who is chasing some ranged mega-dps ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. And at the moment I'm finally near boss and trying to take aggro, boss casts red aoe with kd/stun/knock back.

Yes, most probably I'm just not very good with kfm but from having gunner alt I know how easy it is and there is no single reason to brag about damage. Because it's damage class with range in many cases bigger than boss aoe. I still enjoy playing a gunner but some people need to alter their attitude.

Yes that's what I'm saying!

Hate to see "you suck at tanking" to tanker! 

I don't play melee classes but if I ever pull aggro I stop dps for awhile for them to take aggro. It just makes everyone easier to clear instead of chasing after bosses who's also jumping after gunners. 

Not that I don't like gunner class in general but because of ppl with attitude like that makes me dislike gunners.

My friends all play kfm/bm/sf so I don't like to see attitudes like that.. 

4 hours ago, pikapikapika said:

why u guys hate gunner?  it is so much more fun to play gunner than my sum main.  pew pew !  you guys have issues against fun!?

No one said nothing about hating Gunners. I asked why are they so overcrowded. It gets a bit frustrating at times putting a balanced group together for endgame dungeons at times cause of how many people are playing gunners. I saw a group for Drowning Deeps form and it got slammed with like 4 gunners leader was a FM and I was the Summoner.

So Guys a good Gunner can Tank like 90% of the inis when they know the Mech. + my KFM and BM in Klan can Tank my Fire dps easily when they become 5sec to Tank on.

iam a fire gunner with near endgame Gear and know what my role is ??

i Must Tank red Asura / ravenking / moyun/ 2t BT Boss in ss / 2t vT Boss with Main kfm / Iron add white.

gunners with Brain can Tank Near Every Boss and with Brain You can give the Main Tank Time to in Tank. 

So pvp is a other think but this nerv will coming.

i only will say use your brain.

so the assassin in my Klan and the sf and Bm comes to like 700k dps in Burst.

You know what Gunners are only supposed to be Glass Cannons which every mmo has 

and for me i Love gunners played before in Aion a Gunner 

From the things I've read up to this point let me just say one thing: Don't mistake the gunner itself with people playing this class. What I try to say: it's not the gunners fault when there are idiots who aren't able to play in a team. Even though he's broken as f*ck damage-wise, he can be played good in a party as long as the player puts some thought into his actions. If some ignorant ass is in your party then it won't work out anyway, no matter which class he's playing. A party can only operate as a team when they're playing together and not against each other, especially in end game content. If someone abuses a gunner for its damage and puts the whole team in danger to fail the dungeonrun, it's not exactly the gunners fault. It's the idiots fault whos sitting behind him.

The thing is... fire gunners have a high burst... and other than Alpha Call, that's pretty much all they have going for them. People are seeing the burst and crying "OP!", but when you look at the rest of the class (again, fire path in this case, because nobody considers shadow in this equation), there isn't all that much going for it.

I like checking out new classes when they come out, so I have a fire gunner alt. I can safely say that, at the very least in PvE, there's not a ton going for fire gunslingers. In a longer, more prolonged fight, their Tab burst isn't going to save them, but utilizing their quickshot while utilizing their explosive rounds (and the skills that give them access to those rounds) is key. And, from the sounds of it, that's exactly where the "nerf" is going to change things. Sure, the burst is going to take a hit, but their F is going to be buffed. So, they'll lose burst, but gain sustained damage over time, similar to how the shadow gunners work.

I agree that there are a couple things that can be a bit nuts for fire gunners, primarily how explosive rounds go through shields and that deserves to be fixed. However, overall, acting like (fire) gunners are the godly uber class is hyperbole at it's finest. They do one thing well and that's about it... and thinking they're broken to heck is just narrow-minded. I mean, heck, I've done DPS tests on my fire gunslinger versus an equally-geared frost SF and the SF ultimately did more damage.

2 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

The thing is... fire gunners have a high burst... and other than Alpha Call, that's pretty much all they have going for them. People are seeing the burst and crying "OP!", but when you look at the rest of the class (again, fire path in this case, because nobody considers shadow in this equation), there isn't all that much going for it.

I like checking out new classes when they come out, so I have a fire gunner alt. I can safely say that, at the very least in PvE, there's not a ton going for fire gunslingers. In a longer, more prolonged fight, their Tab burst isn't going to save them, but utilizing their quickshot while utilizing their explosive rounds (and the skills that give them access to those rounds) is key. And, from the sounds of it, that's exactly where the "nerf" is going to change things. Sure, the burst is going to take a hit, but their F is going to be buffed. So, they'll lose burst, but gain sustained damage over time, similar to how the shadow gunners work.

I agree that there are a couple things that can be a bit nuts for fire gunners, primarily how explosive rounds go through shields and that deserves to be fixed. However, overall, acting like (fire) gunners are the godly uber class is hyperbole at it's finest. They do one thing well and that's about it... and thinking they're broken to heck is just narrow-minded. I mean, heck, I've done DPS tests on my fire gunslinger versus an equally-geared frost SF and the SF ultimately did more damage.

I agree with you there. Them being OP is not the issue with me. Them being so overcrowded is. Its a bit frustrating to put balanced groups together in endgame dungeons at times. especially the ones where a tank is really needed. Like Hollowed Heart or Drowning Deeps. Like yesterday I joined the DD group I'm a summoner and the leader was a FM. The group got slammed with 4 other gunners. Other than that I really have no issue with Gunners, I just was wanting to know why are they so overcrowded.

The thing about fire gunner (nobody complains about shadow gunner as far as i can think of) is that it is so very rewarding for the little effort and investment you have to give. Everybody likes doing big dps - even when they don't think they do.

About the advantages of fire gunner, there are a few: Fire gunner is range - which basically means playing this game on easy mode. Secondly, it is high ping friendly (which is something a lot of people have in this game). Third, It doesn't require much gears or hm skills. It does a truckload of damage even at low gears. With a simple rmb f macro you can just sit back and watch your name climbing to the top of the dps chart. These are the reasons on top of my head.

So who would be interested in fire gunner? Obviously people who have high ping and want more dps would be attracted to it. I know a few people with high ping that abandoned their mains to save upgrade materials for when gunner came out because they were sick of the little damage they could do. People who want to make an alt for extra income from daily challenges would be interested as well, due to the low investment. And people who main a tough class that want a change of pace - meaning want to be lazy once in a while would have a gunner as well. These three reasons contribute to why gunner is so over populated.

It is quite safe to say that fire gunner is the new FM. FM used to be trashed and unwanted. Now gunner seems to have overtaken the spot.

21 hours ago, YungBlaze said:

I agree with you there. Them being OP is not the issue with me. Them being so overcrowded is. Its a bit frustrating to put balanced groups together in endgame dungeons at times. especially the ones where a tank is really needed. Like Hollowed Heart or Drowning Deeps. Like yesterday I joined the DD group I'm a summoner and the leader was a FM. The group got slammed with 4 other gunners. Other than that I really have no issue with Gunners, I just was wanting to know why are they so overcrowded.

And there's 2 main reasons gunners are so over-populated:

1) They're a new class - of COURSE you're going to see a lot of them! I like trying out new classes too. Heck, I made SF and Gunner when they came out to try em out (and I rather like them).

2) A lot of people saw those ToI DPS numbers and thought "I can be OP too!" not realizing that they're not going to be able to do much after that burst ends.

20 hours ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

The thing about fire gunner (nobody complains about shadow gunner as far as i can think of) is that it is so very rewarding for the little effort and investment you have to give. Everybody likes doing big dps - even when they don't think they do.

About the advantages of fire gunner, there are a few: Fire gunner is range - which basically means playing this game on easy mode. Secondly, it is high ping friendly (which is something a lot of people have in this game). Third, It doesn't require much gears or hm skills. It does a truckload of damage even at low gears. With a simple rmb f macro you can just sit back and watch your name climbing to the top of the dps chart. These are the reasons on top of my head.

So who would be interested in fire gunner? Obviously people who have high ping and want more dps would be attracted to it. I know a few people with high ping that abandoned their mains to save upgrade materials for when gunner came out because they were sick of the little damage they could do. People who want to make an alt for extra income from daily challenges would be interested as well, due to the low investment. And people who main a tough class that want a change of pace - meaning want to be lazy once in a while would have a gunner as well. These three reasons contribute to why gunner is so over populated.

It is quite safe to say that fire gunner is the new FM. FM used to be trashed and unwanted. Now gunner seems to have overtaken the spot.

The thing about Fire gunslinger is that they're a bit more dependent on ping than their shadow counterparts. For burst, they need to be somewhat quick on the draw with their lmb+F to get all 5 shots of Bulletstorm off (and that's assuming that the target doesn't move around, the gunner doesn't have to dodge/block - they're sitting ducks when they burst is what I'm saying) and ping can effect that. Additionally, you need to practice that rhythm with the F taps in order to Unload properly while firing with Quickshot (assuming you're not using a macro like a filthy cheater... hope you don't get caught using them either... *whistles*).

I do agree that Fire gunners don't need as much gear investment... well... at least for HM skills. They really don't need HM skills as crucially as, say, Soul Fighter does. The one skill gunslingers need over any other is for Quickshot (rmb), which is the Chilling Flame Elixir skill. For Fire gunners, all it really does is increase the odds of Weakness Detection (crosshairs) to happen, which procs Triple Threat. If you have the Holy Fire soul badge, which also increases those odds every time you use Unload, it's hard to say how much it'll help... especially since Weakness Detection is purely RNG.

As for Shadow gunslingers, you'll see them more in higher-level content than their Fire counterparts. The reason for this is that, where Fire gunslingers excel in doing big burst damage, Shadow gunslingers excel in prolonged fights. This is because Shadow gunners have better sustained damage or DoT (damage over time). So, in places such as raids with big, beefy boss targets, Shadow gunners will eventually pull ahead of their Fire counterparts. On the flipside, easier-to-kill targets, like story content, simple dungeon bosses and, of course, PvP opponents are where Fire takes center stage. Think of it like this... Fire burns bright, then casts a long Shadow. Fire gunners will unleash big damage early on, then fizzle out, while Shadow gunners will deal steady, continuous damage that will pull ahead as the fight draws out.

Archived