Overcrowed Gunner class

YungBlaze

I'm just curious. Is everyone a gunner these days? Lately I been noticing when people make dungeon groups it gets slammed with like 4-5 gunners sometimes. I'm aware Gunners are op af. But man its hard to get balance groups together these days cause so many people are Gunners. But I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this.

People are just enjoying the broken gunner class right now before they get nerfed in the upcoming few patches.

At least every (yes, I mean every) members in my clan has an alt gunner. Even I have a gunner class for fun. To be honest, if you use TOI as an example. With exact same gear, gunner can reach 20+ floors more than what other classes can do. (My baleful gunner once reached 61th floor just with a stage 4 bracelet+storyline quest gears+no soul+no badges). Some of them even switched to gunner as their main class. Should blame NCsoft support to transfer all or most of the items from their main to their gunner. 

most of the wl changed class to gunner so today you see little wl but this will be solved in the next patches, if you read the korea patches you will see that the super ultra nerf, after they implement the new patches of You will not see more Gunner. Only the gunner ultra super whales could have a decent dps. But in 6vs6 they were completely useless.

There are many reasons people play gunner, of course the fact that it is currently OP is one of them, but not the only one.

- Gunner has almost infinite iframes.

- It is a very easy class to play.

- It is the most friendly class for high ping players.

I don't play often with a party but when I do I don't see many gunners in my group. 1 or 2 including myself. I don't see them that much on maps either. The thought of: "What a shame this class doesn't seem to be that liked by others" occured more than once in my mind. Maybe I'm just in the wrong place at the wrong time or something like that. It may change when I enter endgame content though.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Neog:

There are many reasons people play gunner, of course the fact that it is currently OP is one of them, but not the only one.

- Gunner has almost infinite iframes.

- It is a very easy class to play.

- It is the most friendly class for high ping players.

The reason I play this class is that I just like it, I don't care if it's op or easy to play or whatever. They can nerf it all they want I won't stop playing it.

But there's one thing I have to admit the current power level of gunner is scary as f*ck...damage done especially by tab is sheer brutality... ( I love it anyway!!)

4 hours ago, FrozenB said:

People are just enjoying the broken gunner class right now before they get nerfed in the upcoming few patches.

At least every (yes, I mean every) members in my clan has an alt gunner. Even I have a gunner class for fun. To be honest, if you use TOI as an example. With exact same gear, gunner can reach 20+ floors more than what other classes can do. (My baleful gunner once reached 61th floor just with a stage 4 bracelet+storyline quest gears+no soul+no badges). Some of them even switched to gunner as their main class. Should blame NCsoft support to transfer all or most of the items from their main to their gunner. 

The actual reason why you might feel there is a lot gunner becouse its strong as an alt, but in endgame gear belive me there is not so much of gunners i do my dailys always on f8, i think i havent met any full vt gunner past 2 weeks meanwhile FM-s i see atleast 3 -4 evey day  most of the recruits i see “need reset multi dd example” im myself endgame max geared gunner, and i got asked to join raids i think like 7 different raids since 2018 even started becouse ppl telling me its hard to find an endgame dps gunner and they just dont have any, at low level dungeons yes i agree there is many becouse when i just join an EC or dt run i see 3 gunners aswell but not endgame ones just early alts

In the end game there is mainly veterans that have played on same class like 1 - 2 years and gunner is still pretty new class for the game. Most players not wanna start gear progress all over again either. It will take lot time for f2p players get gunner gear on same level than what majority of veteran players have. Most well geared gunners are still mainly whales.

I play on NA(current location) and EU server (previous home), and I used to main respectively lightning BM and fire BM.

For ping issue on the EU server where tanking is sometimes challenging I really consider maining my gunner alt that does decent DPS even with a not that good ping compared to my SF, KFM, WL alts.

Yeah the brainless people playing gunner right now just for TAB + Z or w/e the key is for shield on them because it's insanely  broken at the moment. It was a patch back in december that removed that TAB + 431249025389 damage making it into a normal 3 + F after lock on.

I will stick with my gunner main as well.  Switching stances has been a major issue for me with my ping/lag while using my FM.  It is unable to match the speed at which I change stances and I end up sheathing when I really wanted to meteor.  That problem is gone with GS.  I just love the way gunner plays but wish they would speed up the threat addition patch.  I steal threat so often I've considered changing my character's name to Aggro Thief.  

Well there are many other reasons why people play gunner:

+For one it is an extremely easy class to play (easy rotation) and has no role/responsibility in a group besides resetting with alpha call every now and then.

+They just like the class because it has guns, not to mention that gunner was originally supposed to have been a class at the beginning but was taken out on release.

+Its a ranged class.

+Its a great class for those with high ping, they can still do great dps unlike most of the others.

+Its a good alt class to do dailies and other things with (the reason why I have one)

I'm sure there are many other reasons as well along with the fact that some just play it because it's in a very good state right now.

Fun fact: gunner will not be nerfed at all. It will be *buffed* even more. You can't spam bulletstorm without pressing another button before? What a nerf! :D The loss of AP ratio will be compensated by buffing the Raven weapon and badges. There is no upcoming nerf at all. (At least according to the KR patch notes)

1 hour ago, csisy said:

Fun fact: gunner will not be nerfed at all. It will be *buffed* even more. You can't spam bulletstorm without pressing another button before? What a nerf! :D The loss of AP ratio will be compensated by buffing the Raven weapon and badges. There is no upcoming nerf at all. (At least according to the KR patch notes)

Actually no, the devs mentioned it themselves that the way gunner is now was not intended and they will be balancing it and in general the DPS of all classes together.

On the point of aggro steal, as a BM I simply tell the others to give me 3-4 seconds to build initial aggro, then we can sb+bb and burst. Fire gunner's biggest aggro build up is while they bulletstorm, so 3-4 seconds plus my own burst are more than enough for me to tank fire gunners that have ~similar stats to me or no more than 20% above me.

On the point of the overcrowding - it's mainly because it's extremely effective ranged DD and for a minor to moderate investment it's a viable alt for simpler dailies. I have a shadow gunner alt (purely my choice, since I want my gunner to not be a burden on pug tanks and cause it has more consistent damage without breaking my bank for a chilling flame elixir /mandatory in order of getting good DPS with fire gunner/) and for the gold I invested into it, it's doing a splendid job.

I'm okay with having few gunners in party as long as they don't mention anything to tanker. Gunners can burst in few sec way too high and I hate to see bragging how OP they are and tanker isn't tanking.

Give some time for tankers to actually pull aggro firmly before you stand and dps  away -.- 

This is main reason hate to see gunners. 

1 hour ago, Yeoubi said:

Gunners can burst in few sec way too high and I hate to see bragging how OP they are and tanker isn't tanking.

Give some time for tankers to actually pull aggro firmly before you stand and dps  away -.- 

Totally agree. I have main sf, alt kfm and alt gunner and I'm starting to hate gunners after couple of encounters with them as kfm/sf. Some people just DPS like no tomorrow and then start to bragging and saying "you supposed to tank" or "what's your dps". Of course my dps is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ because all I do is chasing boss who is chasing some ranged mega-dps ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. And at the moment I'm finally near boss and trying to take aggro, boss casts red aoe with kd/stun/knock back.

Yes, most probably I'm just not very good with kfm but from having gunner alt I know how easy it is and there is no single reason to brag about damage. Because it's damage class with range in many cases bigger than boss aoe. I still enjoy playing a gunner but some people need to alter their attitude.

1 hour ago, Yeoubi said:

I'm okay with having few gunners in party as long as they don't mention anything to tanker. Gunners can burst in few sec way too high and I hate to see bragging how OP they are and tanker isn't tanking.

This is more a ppl problam not gunner ppl never wait they try be the first hit boss as soon someone makes the first move all start atk like crazy.

The SB and BB on start that community invented help this alot even if it's not good for all classes. 

Im a shadow gunner and if i have a tank in PT i wait few seconds despite not having the burst that a fire gunner have on start.

Archived