Sign in to follow this  
Chad1123

Fire Gunner or Shadow Gunner?

Chad1123   

Hey guys, i just retuned to bns a few weeks ago and i have my gunner since it was realeased, after leveling up and gearing i see that most of the gunners are fire build but i really enjoy more shadow gunner i arrived to the point when i have to choose my main spec, so guys compared to fire gunner shadow is totally "poopoo"? I saw a few high geared shadow gunner but if the diference between builds is huge i don't want to choose the wrong option.

Peude   

The issue is the shadow gunner is slow than fire. I hope they fix this issue to the next March 21 patch. Like from BNS Chinese version

There is no "wrong" option... only what you prefer.

So... pick your weapon... would you rather use:

A magnum revolver

or

An uzi

Fire gunners are the magnum - they hit hard early on, but need time to reload. The big thing for Fire is their explosive rounds and their Bulletstorm burst ability. Bulletstorm does crazy burst damage, but takes about a minute to cooldown. In the meantime, you'll be trying to proc your Weakness Detection (crosshairs) to use 3 in order to build explosive rounds so you can tap F while holding RMB. This elemental path is good for short fights, such as much of the story content, PvP and Tower of Infinity, since their burst will tear through their opponents. However, in a more prolonged fight, such as larger dungeons or raid content, their sustained damage will suffer.

Shadow gunners are the Uzi - they don't hit for big damage, but rather many smaller hits. In a way, they are the polar opposite of their Fire counterparts, for good and bad. They don't hit hard, but they hit at a steady rate of fire... which means that, the longer the fight, the better they'll do. For that reason, while Fire excels at story, PvP and ToI and suffers a bit on longer dungeon fights and raids... Shadow suffers a bit at story, PvP and ToI, but excels at those longer dungeon fights and raids.

So yeah... pick the one you prefer.

Sayk   

Fire does more damage then shadow at endgame, now and in the future updates we'll receive till on par with kr. Plenty of videos on youtube for this. Check nodah recently videos f.e., fire goes 100-200k over shadow at endgame. Uzzi my a$$. 😂

On 2/27/2018 at 4:26 PM, Chad1123 said:

Hey guys, i just retuned to bns a few weeks ago and i have my gunner since it was realeased, after leveling up and gearing i see that most of the gunners are fire build but i really enjoy more shadow gunner i arrived to the point when i have to choose my main spec, so guys compared to fire gunner shadow is totally "poopoo"? I saw a few high geared shadow gunner but if the diference between builds is huge i don't want to choose the wrong option.

hi, i also just returned to this game and create a gunner char. at first my gear was balefull and pinacle accessories  and fire gunner really out performed shadow, but when i got my legendary and raven weapon my damage output from shadow wasnt that far from fire build specially in the long run and the animation is what i enjoyed the most, since i can switch my build with a few click i dont have to worry which build ill use. my point is, if your party required you to do more damage go for fire but if you just want to enjoy your class with its fancy animation and still do tons of damage  just use shadow or whatever you prefer. one more thing jusk ask your self if you want to enjoy the game or compete with damage output with others that way you will know which path you have to take,HF <3..