Forums

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way - Fix suggestion

User095

Hello guys and gals,

I would like to suggest a solution for this dreaded problem.

After trying out several suggestions found on forum and the internet, the game could start in German language, since I do not speak German, that was a no go to me.

I got quite frustrated, tried rebooting and waiting like crazy for the game to verify files...

Little fast forward, I tried changing formatting settings since game worked in German but not English and viola, success, tho I still have troubles running game in 64bit mode, that's another thing.

**NOTE: I am using Windows 10, but should apply for other versions tho I am not familiar with paths.**

Press "Windows logo button" or "Start"

Type Control, you should have Control Panel popup.

Under Clock, Language, and Region - Click Change date,time, or number formats

There at the top of Formats card, you should see Format: drop-down menu

Select that one and choose English(United States)

Click Apply and OK.

That should do it, I had mine set as English(Europe) and it did not work, although your clock format may change but for the sake of playing game you can live up with it and not waste hours of trying how to fix this weird error.

I have the same issue. Tried that method too but didn't work. The game works well on my Windows 10 Home laptop but the Windows 8.1 desktop always runs into this issue every Wednesday... so it's now a ritual for me to do file repair every Wednesday after patching the game... LOL Oh well.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:34 PM, YamiKokennin said:

I have the same issue. Tried that method too but didn't work. The game works well on my Windows 10 Home laptop but the Windows 8.1 desktop always runs into this issue every Wednesday... so it's now a ritual for me to do file repair every Wednesday after patching the game... LOL Oh well.

Try changing the game language to something else, like German and maybe run it in 32bit mode.

• 7 months later...

omg. i don't know if i can ever thank you enough. i've been struggling with this for 3 days, i've tried everything, reinstalled all MVC++ from 2005 to 2017, reinstalled game several times, tried file repair, but none worked. EXCEPT for ur method. i've googled and no one seemed to had a solution. Thank you so much for sharing this.

• 2 months later...

Archived