Those 'red books' next to my skills

LilChild

Depends on the skill...

You can see what changes if you hover your mouse over the red book icon, changes are displayed in green (to the current selected skill option, so if you spec first option and hover over the red skill of the third option, you also see the changes you would get just by speccing third option)

1 hour ago, LilChild said:

And what happens after i complete an achievement? does my skills get more dmg or what?

In some cases, yes.  It depends on the HM skill that is unlocked.  In other cases, like HM block for BM which allows a BM party protect, its a utility skill.  Some skills are more useful than others and some are more pvp related than pve.  But if you are asking after completing any achievement will your damage go up, the answer is no.  Only the achievements related to the HM skills.  Of course there is a HM skill book you can buy from the achievement vendor in Zeiwei that requires you to have a certain level of achievement points.        

Some HM skill items grant new effects, more damage, etc. for most classes specific skill items take priority over others such as HM Block or SF's heal. Some items are harder to get than others mostly due to how some content has aged (although PvP is technically an option), a prime example is HM Block since that requires farming half a book from Awakened Necropolis (next to no one runs this anymore) and the other from Avalanche Den. There is one extra HM skill for each class that no one can currently get even in KR such as DES and BD grab as well as BM Lunar Slash, no idea if the devs are ever gonna put in an item to unlock it.

Archived