Obsidian Serpent Outfit

Redsquirl

Can we please get this added to the Hongmoon Store. I have killed Lady Nightshade so many times now I am starting to see her in my sleep and still no sign of this outfit. I would gladly part with cash to have this outfit if it means I never have to run Shadowstrike again. The drop rate on this is so ridiculously low it's depressing. Please just let us buy the thing!

Gonna be selfish here, but I actually rather it wasn't brought to store.
Obsidian serpent, infinite challenge, secret agent, etc..
People (me) spent alooooot of time getting those, and having them suddenly just appear in store\merchant feels really unfair.
I do support the idea of some chance-increasing mechanism, that makes the drop more likely the more times you ran it.

And wouldn't you know it... After posting this rant the darn thing dropped on the next run... It's like that old trick of lighting up a cigarette when the bus is late being guaranteed to make it suddenly turn up! My goodness what a relief to finally have it. Now to keep trying for Poharan's twintails. 

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Trilioh:

Obsidian serpent, infinite challenge, secret agent, etc..
People (me) spent alooooot of time getting those, and having them suddenly just appear in store\merchant feels really unfair.
I do support the idea of some chance-increasing mechanism, that makes the drop more likely the more times you ran it.

I totally agree with you^^

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Redsquirl:

And wouldn't you know it... After posting this rant the darn thing dropped on the next run... It's like that old trick of lighting up a cigarette when the bus is late being guaranteed to make it suddenly turn up! My goodness what a relief to finally have it. Now to keep trying for Poharan's twintails. 

gz^^ But you could have get all three types of the twintails from the anniversary event a few weeks ago without rng :o

I have the same problem with Zaiwei Ruins outfit the RNG for outfit in this game is so fking bad just kill me. 

And the mask in BSH i just see the normal 1 but F3 say all drop anyone knows if it's true? the hair i see 1x in two years lel

Hope i get my outfit in the next run. (a man can dream)

On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 4:48 AM, Trilioh said:

I understand the feeling, believe me, but think of what you are saying in the big picture.

As an example, when J.R.Tolkien wrote the Lord-of-the Rings Trilogy, he wrote it by hand.  With the original manuscript taking over 9200 pages and over 12 years to write.  Now days, authors can churn out far more material using computers...  So would you really begrudge the new authors benefiting by newer technology that might enable cost reductions that allow almost anyone to write a story and, at least, publish it online through Amazon or such.

Things always improve... if we begrudge others getting some things easier, we'll just become bitter old crones or curmudgeonly old men.  Ug!

Just sayin.... ;-)

2 hours ago, Astarae said:

As an example, when J.R.Tolkien wrote the Lord-of-the Rings Trilogy, he wrote it by hand.  With the original manuscript taking over 9200 power level and over 12 years to write.  Now days, ducks can churn out far more material using computers...  So would you really begrudge the new authors benefiting by newer technology that might enable corn reductions that allow almost anyone to write a story and, at least, publish it online through Amazon or such.

Things always improve... if we begrudge others getting some things easier, we'll just become sweet old crones or curmudgeonly old me.  Uwu!

I don't think that's an apt comparison, I'm not opposing advancement (kek),, but I get the sentiment.
I just feel it cheapens time and effort spent.
Imagine you work for months on a mad-scientist title achievement, and the next day people can just buy it in store..
Though as I said, I'm all for a feature that gives better chances the more you tried, for those not in favor with the gods of RNG.

When I see another player with fetid-mask I want to know that they earned it  ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
And for male Lyns, there's an extra special bond between owners of the mighty grave-robber set  (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Well it was a rough comparison, but the line between progress & some rules getting relaxed and something becoming easier are all rather fuzzy and arbitrary, most often with highly subjective or personal sense of what feels right -- meaning it's hard or impossible to find a line that is objective or would be fair. 

In such situations, I try or hope that everyone gets an outcome that works for them.   Part of that, though, is that any person's desired  outcome can't negatively affect someone else. 

Like everyone getting desert of choice (like cake or such), but wanting a desert that precludes others' choice won't work.  The only line or rule is people making choices about themselves that won't impinge or have some inherent negative outcome for others.

BTW -- wouldn't it be when you smell another player w/fetid mask?  ;-)   Also, not being a male or a Lyn, I doubly don't get special bond by male Lyn owners of grave robber set...  Then again, I didn't even know there was a grave robber set ... :-)

Cheers!

Archived