A new Gon exclusive class.

ARC-1276

I'm fairly certain that plenty of people who primarily play as a Gon feel extremely left out.

Not only did Gon not get the new GS class, in spite of having in game characters and NPCs who are both Gon and uses a gun, but now Lyns are getting it (and given that people thought that Lyns would never get GS due to their physic, I feel this is just rubbing in the salt). 

But as we all know, there are about 7 elements in the game making 14 different possible combinations taking into account that each class has 2 elements. So, without further a due, let's get to brainstorming ideas for the next Gon exclusive class.

What I was thinking of was giving them another pole arms class, like Destroyer, only this will be modeled after Yunsang. Obviously it'll have his little spinning thing, his airborne approach skill, his KB, and his heart grab. As for which element it could use is pretty straight forward: the most obvious would be wind. As for the secondary element, as long as its not Lightning (BD), Fire (KFM), or Earth(Sum), it'll work. This is mostly to keep the class fresh and exciting, of course. The best name I can think of for such a class would be Lancer. However, there are Jin character models in game seen using a spear like weapon, much like Yunsang. Thus it'll most likely be that this class will be for both Gon and Jin (which I'm fine with).

The next idea would be to make it a duel wield axe class, but before you say that seems redundant, remember that BD exists and it plays nothing like a BM. It will have an axe throw ability, a leap ability, a counter system, I'd imagine, and able to chain attacks pretty quickly. As there has only been Gons wield such weapons in game, this option will be much less controversial, as people may want to play lancer without being a Gon. I'd think this class would be rather exciting in the sense that it'll provide for fast gameplay with the way it's built. It would also have a guard break ability where it uses the hooks of the axes to pry enemy's arms out of the way, and probably apply a knockback/Knockdown, maybe even a daze. It'll probably be able to use the pommel of its axes to stun, while spinning the axes in its hands for DPS, allowing it to rip and tear through its opponents. If the class was to have a name, it would be Mauler. Might use both Fire and Earth damage. Its primary strengths will be in speed, and its second will either be power or durability (most like durability given the physic of Gons). The idea is that it'll be quick and more than capable of dealing with BDs.

The last one I had in mind would be a whip blade class but...that's just because that's what my character used to use when I played my last MMORPG.

But anyway, if anyone here has any ideas, feel free to post them down below.

Just pour machine gunner for Gon.

And yeah. i felt left out for not having Gon gunslinger... Kr instead decided that loli should get that class and make that race with the most amount of ranged class in game.

---

I would love sort of dancer class so Gon can show dem more curves.

Gons are supposed to be big balls of muscle, giving them a pair of pistols makes no sense, in my opion. Heavy, destructive, and brutal is what I think of when I see a Gon. Not nimble and swift like a lancer, or lightweight and ranged with pistols. You don't need a ball of muscles to handle pistols. (Male Gon FM deserves meme of the year.)

The dual axe class would be amazing though. Or some sort of great sword class. 

The last thing Gon needs is a ranged or fancy class. It suits them in no way.

Dual axe doesn't sound bad, but honestly, we have enough dps classes already, what we need is new tank class, because there is lack of them. 

A spear wielding or a glaive wielding tank. Could have wind and earth elements ( don't remember which ones we have the least now). Like wind element would be more about being nimble and counters while earth could be more of a blocking and tankier element.

Just my opinion. 

On 23/02/2018 at 8:02 PM, ARC-1276 said:

I'm fairly certain that plenty of people who primarily play as a Gon feel extremely left out.

Not only did Gon not get the new GS class, in spite of having in game characters and NPCs who are both Gon and uses a gun, but now Lyns are getting it (and given that people thought that Lyns would never get GS due to their physic, I feel this is just rubbing in the salt). 

Gon has the destroyer exclusive to them, Jin has the assassin exclusive to them, lyn has the summoner exclusive to them. The only race that does not have a class exclusive to them is the Yun. So not sure why Gon needs an exclusive class when the Yun doesn't even have any.

That said, new ideas for classes are nice, but don't make them single race locked. 

On 2/23/2018 at 11:02 PM, ARC-1276 said:

What I was thinking of was giving them another pole arms class, like Destroyer, only this will be modeled after Yunsang.

That IS destroyer. Yunsang is literally a destroyer with a funky axe skin. 

Pretty much all of his skills are modified skills player destros have access to: 
(I mean, they're stronger because he's a boss, but lots of NPCs are like that. Like the random ebrondrake FMs with stun fireballs or WLs with Knockback wingstorms.)

His shockwave jump Is Blitz
His counter is basically scorching strike
His spins are basically a stronger parry hurricane. 
His emberstomp is... emberstomp. 
The stun knee is also a destro skill 
'Golden Dragon Scimitar' Is basically Stage 3 Drag->Execute
His knockup combo is basically Ram->Upward Block
Grab is grab, he has unique debuffs, but player equivalents are slam or headbutt
His standard hits could be seen as Judgement(Front Swipe) and Smash(The stab) with alternate animations. 
The drinking is borrowed from Naksun, but also is basically a stupidly long lasting Persistence. 

The only real unique move I can remember is when he does the spinning jump behind you that dazes you; the one he always follows up with emberstomp. 

He's a straight-up destroyer with some alternate animations and a nice axe skin. 

On 2/26/2018 at 12:29 PM, Racingwind said:

Gon has the destroyer exclusive to them, Jin has the assassin exclusive to them, lyn has the summoner exclusive to them. The only race that does not have a class exclusive to them is the Yun. So not sure why Gon needs an exclusive class when the Yun doesn't even have any.

That said, new ideas for classes are nice, but don't make them single race locked. 

Well ya, someone has thrown out the idea of a fan using class for Yuns (which I think would be awesome). But the thing about a Yun exclusive class is that the class will be gendered. And pretty much no I know of wants a gender locked class.

Also, Lyn has two race locked classes: BD and Sum. From what I can tell, Jin has only one race locked class but they have every other class in the game with the exception of Des, Sum, BD, and FM. 

On 2/27/2018 at 12:01 PM, Cesura said:

That IS destroyer. Yunsang is literally a destroyer with a funky axe skin. 

Pretty much all of his skills are modified skills player destros have access to: 
(I mean, they're stronger because he's a boss, but lots of NPCs are like that. Like the random ebrondrake FMs with stun fireballs or WLs with Knockback wingstorms.)

His shockwave jump Is Blitz
His counter is basically scorching strike
His spins are basically a stronger parry hurricane. 
His emberstomp is... emberstomp. 
The stun knee is also a destro skill 
'Golden Dragon Scimitar' Is basically Stage 3 Drag->Execute
His knockup combo is basically Ram->Upward Block
Grab is grab, he has unique debuffs, but player equivalents are slam or headbutt
His standard hits could be seen as Judgement(Front Swipe) and Smash(The stab) with alternate animations. 
The drinking is borrowed from Naksun, but also is basically a stupidly long lasting Persistence. 

The only real unique move I can remember is when he does the spinning jump behind you that dazes you; the one he always follows up with emberstomp. 

He's a straight-up destroyer with some alternate animations and a nice axe skin. 

I noticed. They took some of the skill sets of the Des and changed them out with some custom made skills. The thing is, with that kind of logic, I could argue that Naksun is a SF (which he very clearly isn't). It would be harder to prove, yes, but it would still be possible. However, enough of his skills and animation effects are different enough for him to become the basis of a new class.

Think about it, before we had SF (combination of FM and KFM), we had the Widows. One started as a FM, and the other a KFM, but would swap to the other class mid fight. Who's there to say that Yunsang's move set couldn't become the foundation of a new lancer class, one that could become available to both Jin and Gon?

On 2/24/2018 at 12:37 PM, Onbekend said:

Gons are supposed to be big balls of muscle, giving them a pair of pistols makes no sense, in my opion. Heavy, destructive, and brutal is what I think of when I see a Gon. Not nimble and swift like a lancer, or lightweight and ranged with pistols. You don't need a ball of muscles to handle pistols. (Male Gon FM deserves meme of the year.)

The dual axe class would be amazing though. Or some sort of great sword class. 

The last thing Gon needs is a ranged or fancy class. It suits them in no way.

Admittedly, Gon have an intense physical advantage over the other classes. Their greater size equates to a lot of benefits: reach, durability, and raw strength. So a ranged class for Gon would be putting their strength to waste, but a melee class with massive reach would be putting these factors into the best possible use. Hence the idea of a Gon lancer, (which exists in game) isn't as ridiculous as one would think. They have to be able to pounce toward something, or have fast enough hand motion to get a good jab in, which very clearly looks to be the case.

So ya, I think they should get a lancer class.

For gon would say a heavy class sutes them. Like 2axes yea a long sword. And maybe a sowrd with a shield...  for yun i say a music class . Kill enemys with song spells. As we already saw it in the story when they use the dark song to control kids? Remember?

4 hours ago, Hayto said:

For gon would say a heavy class sutes them. Like 2axes yea a long sword. And maybe a sowrd with a shield...  for yun i say a music class . Kill enemys with song spells. As we already saw it in the story when they use the dark song to control kids? Remember?

That would be pretty weird, in my opinion.

On 2/27/2018 at 1:03 PM, Phinyx said:

Well yeah gon exclusive class would make no sense, but then again, the gunner is for all 3 races except gon, so?

Because a new lyn gunner means mroe profit. Loli classes = profit, in literally every eastern MMO.

• 2 months later...

Maybe they could make a Gon exclusive class that plays similar to Kratos from God Of War (ala chained dual blade weapons). It could be like a more aggressive counterpart to the Assassin, that instead of slaying people in a flash from behind, this new class would instead go upfront with mid ranged aoe swings coupled with slashy-stab rush combo's with mid-long ranged throws, but no stuns outside of grapple moves. The Elements could be Fire and Darkness or Light and Wind.

Archived