Forums

Higher DPS with lower stats on different class?

SixGod

Recently I start notice something strange on two of my toons.

My WL char compare to my Gunner char:

WL                        Gunner

AP                 1084                         890

Crit                7600+                     4900

Weapon        Seph 11                  Seph 1

Badge           Mag+Skyrift            N/A

S.Shield        Raven                      Sacred Longgui

HM Skill        Full HM                    No HM

Accessory     All Legendary         All Purple

Soul               HM lv10                  HM lv1

-----Delete------

Now on DT NM I can get around 29k/s on my WL average thro the entire fight with SB, where on my Gunner, I can do 57-63k/s average thro the entire fight WITHOUT SB. Is this the right amount of dps gap between those two classes even with such difference on stats or just me not playing WL right?

-----Delete------

V-----Edited-----V

I really don't know how to update the screenshot cause it only takes URL

Anyway, I have tried again, and yes something was wrong last time when i was seeing my gunner doing over 50k damage. Today I tried doing many dungeons with gunner and with non-whales, I am able to sustain a constant 28k-29k dps on long fight and 23k dps on long fight and a lot mech involved, although on short fight I do notice huge gains on dps. I remembered those two time when i was getting those high dps I was in teams that killed the boss really quickly, and I was bulletstorm with 46k crit each bullet, and after bulletstorm someone grab the boss and I was snipe the boss constantly with like 30 or 40k crit each hit.

As for WL, I am playing with 100ms and 80fps in combat. I took a closer look on dps and during the initial fight with SB I can get to 68k/s for the first 15s? then my dps just drop like a water fall. I think I just need to improve my skill during the down time (I'm using leech and SB together so I think that might be a problem)

Anyway thanks for all your inputs and comments

3 hours ago, SixGod said:

now on DT NM I can get around 29k/s on my WL average thro the entire fight with SB, where on my Gunner, I can do 57-63k/s average thro the entire fight WITHOUT SB. Is this the right amount of dps gap between those two classes even with such difference on stats or just me not playing WL right?

Screenshot or that didn't happen. It's most likely not mathematically possible to break 30k without a certain minimum amount of stats. But at the same time if your gunner was in a group with a whole bunch of whales, and THEY killed the DT boss in like 30 seconds, then yes your tab burst may possibly bring you up to that kind of "burst" damage. When your party as a whole kill things faster, you will notice that gunner's "DPS", especially fire,  gets inflated much higher than other classes. This is due to them being able to front load alot of damage with bullet storm. This is true for any class that front loads damage. An example, a gunner with snipe can deal 1 million on a crit. If you use it on just a simple mob, and it dies in that 1 hit, your DPS is literally 1 million (ignoring the fact the mob died instantly). This isn't representative of your actual DPS. If you want a better grasp of their actual dps, do f12 parses against the sacred long gui.

3 hours ago, wZeroStyle said:

Thats how meme this game is. Kappa

Shame to see that games like this trying to step into esports scene, with their broken content. (They have no idea, how competitive games look like)

If you don't like it just quit like you wanted to in your QQ thread. Don't mislead other people with false information.

4 hours ago, SixGod said:

Now on DT NM I can get around 29k/s on my WL average thro the entire fight with SB, where on my Gunner, I can do 57-63k/s average thro the entire fight WITHOUT SB. Is this the right amount of dps gap between those two classes even with such difference on stats or just me not playing WL right?

There is no way that your gunner with that kind of gear will do that much damage, except with what racingwind mentioned, if it was a small boss like yeti and u bullet storm it with ur tab+ the whole party damage. Also u were using a "seraph" weapon which it's not ideal for gunner because it does not give u the extra RMB damage which is one of your main damage as well as bullet storn, unload and the rmb(bale weapon extra damage).

I'm sorry but there is something wrong if you are only getting 29K dps on your WL. I do the same damage on my WL and while the same weapon, she's got only 6 raven SS, full legendary (including BT jewels) far less crit 1 HM skill Solak soul and on a shadow build. 

If you are getting that little damage on a WL that geared you are doing something wrong in your rotation. 

44 minutes ago, Racingwind said:

Screenshot or that didn't happen. It's most likely not mathematically possible to break 30k without a certain minimum amount of stats. But at the same time if your gunner was in a group with a whole bunch of whales, and THEY killed the DT boss in like 30 seconds, then yes your tab burst may possibly bring you up to that kind of "burst" damage. When your party as a whole kill things faster, you will notice that gunner's "DPS", especially fire,  gets inflated much higher than other classes. This is due to them being able to front load alot of damage with bullet storm. This is true for any class that front loads damage. An example, a gunner with snipe can deal 1 million on a crit. If you use it on just a simple mob, and it dies in that 1 hit, your DPS is literally 1 million (ignoring the fact the mob died instantly). This isn't representative of your actual DPS. If you want a better grasp of their actual dps, do f12 parses against the sacred long gui.

If you don't like it just quit like you wanted to in your QQ thread. Don't mislead other people with false information.

19 minutes ago, Egoist00 said:

There is no way that your gunner with that kind of gear will do that much damage, except with what racingwind mentioned, if it was a small boss like yeti and u bullet storm it with ur tab+ the whole party damage. Also u were using a "seraph" weapon which it's not ideal for gunner because it does not give u the extra RMB damage which is one of your main damage as well as bullet storn, unload and the rmb(bale weapon extra damage).

I'm not at home so I can't really sreenshot, but will do when I got the chance to see if that number changes. But actually you guys got a point, I do remember the teams I was in when I was playing gunner runs pretty fast, and there was some kind of crit buff applied to the party I was seeing 46k crit yellow number poping out everywhere when I was doing bullet storm. 

I have seraph on gunner because that look nice, and I dont intend to play gunner much, so I dont really mind.

10 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

I'm sorry but there is something wrong if you are only getting 29K dps on your WL. I do the same damage on my WL and while the same weapon, she's got only 6 raven SS, full legendary (including BT jewels) far less crit 1 HM skill Solak soul and on a shadow build. 

If you are getting that little damage on a WL that geared you are doing something wrong in your rotation. 

Exactly this what I want from the post, I am really wondering if I am doing something wrong, I really wanna improve my WL skill.

Currently I am using full basic legendary accessory so I have no frost damage maybe thats making the difference? 

I am playing Frost WL, with 100ms and 80fps in combat with rotation below: 4>2>3>4+V>SB>4>Leech>4+5>2>3>4>RMB+F>4. I have about 58k crit on Dragoncall, and I dont use RMB much, because my focus always run out instantly then I can't dragoncall.

1 hour ago, Gennady said:

I have 1k ap SF and 950 AP gunner. In desolate tomb on lord of flame they do similar damage (~30k/s). Sometimes I too think that I'm doing something wrong on SF

Do you have the HM skills unlock for the right punch on ur SF? if not, then u wont do much damage, I have a 1k Ap SF with 3 raven SS and 5 longui SS, and the regular leg ring and necklace at stage one the rest r regular accessories, and a stage 7 bale weapon. without any Hm skills, I do around 25 to 30k damage, so its really bad.

8 hours ago, SixGod said:

The one and only way to get that dps with that gear, is to have a wl with aransu mystic badge in party. There is absolutely NO  way for what you described to happen. Document it, including the skill chart.

You are definitely doing rotation wrong with warlock because your dps is a little on the low side. Why do you have a seraph wep on gunner? Bale is better. I'm having a hard time believing you were able to sustain that dps with that gear through the WHOLE fight on your gunner unless the boss died immediately at the start of the fight while you were using your tab burst. Gunner fire build has high burst and low sustain. I would need to see a video or screenshots to believe this one.

5 hours ago, SixGod said:

Exactly this what I want from the post, I am really wondering if I am doing something wrong, I really wanna improve my WL skill.

Currently I am using full basic legendary accessory so I have no frost damage maybe thats making the difference? 

I am playing Frost WL, with 100ms and 80fps in combat with rotation below: 4>2>3>4+V>SB>4>Leech>4+5>2>3>4>RMB+F>4. I have about 58k crit on Dragoncall, and I dont use RMB much, because my focus always run out instantly then I can't dragoncall.

I can't really tell you if there is something wrong with the rotation because i've played what is essentially the shadow build since the warlocks introduction over a year ago, and that is a completely different ball of wax there when it comes to rotation. I do know having watched a bunch of ice builds they do use their mouse button keys a lot in between dragon calls. 

But to answer your question yes, despite the normal legendary having a higher AP stat to them you actually gain more flat dps from the elemental damage of the BT jewerly, despite losing almost 12 AP per accessory. Are you also running the right mystic and soul badge? 

10 hours ago, SixGod said:

What you listed basically doesnt say much, Stats on accessories matter a lot and also soulshield infusions, there are a lot of factors which influence DPS.

Given gunner is a braindead class that does not require any skill to be a good dps, still many factors.

5 minutes ago, HateMe said:

What you listed basically doesnt say much, Stats on accessories matter a lot and also soulshield infusions, there are a lot of factors which influence DPS.

Given gunner is a braindead class that does not require any skill to be a good dps, still many factors.

Actually, if you get chilling flame elixir, it makes a significant difference dps wise. Boosts the sustain quite a bit.

^ what the person above wrote. To accurately compare you would need to do the boss under the same conditions, this means the same party, same buffs (food, friendship charm, etc.), make sure you aren't having delays because that also makes a difference if your latency was skyrocketing with warlock and not with gunner, etc... I have a gunner myself and can't recall if I was pulling that much dps throughout the fight with that gear. Since you have no hm skills or anything else for your gunner I don't think it's possible to sustain that dps in a long fight but a short fight is possible.

Try doing a more comprehensive DPS test:

Step 1) Go to Hongmoon Training room.

Step 2) Choose Sacred Longgui from the dungeon boss list

Step 3) Choose "partner" instead of "solo" (so the boss will focus on the dummy)

Step 4) Fight boss either until it dies or until 5 minutes has passed (up to you), use all your available skills, but do not use item/food buffs.

Step 5) Screenshot/record DPS meter.

This will give you a more accurate look at your character's DPS.

16 hours ago, SixGod said:

I have seraph on gunner because that look nice, and I dont intend to play gunner much, so I dont really mind.

Change to baleful and transmute the syrok pistol. It's basically the same model as the seraph.

16 hours ago, SixGod said:

You need to post a parse (at your gear level, against sacred long gui is enough) with your damage break downs, your gear, and your f2 stats showing AP, crit chance, crit damage, elemental damage.

Otherwise it's almost impossible to tell what you are doing that's different from an "expected" rotation.

8 hours ago, GrimmxD said:

lol can deal around 40k with ungeared fm i think you dont know how to play wl ):

U know that ungeared FM can outDPS any other ungeared class easily right? for instance the last poharan event, which my FM always get agro.

My warlock with purple accessories, seraph 9, msp shield, no mystic badge and most importantly 300ms ping (really high) can do 30k dps on frost spec and 24k on shadow spec. My results are not very good due to my bad ping. Maybe you have bad ping?

If you have better, lower ping than mine and could only do that much with your warlock then you should really go watch some tutorials on youtube.

7 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

My warlock with purple accessories, seraph 9, msp shield, no mystic badge and most importantly 300ms ping (really high) can do 30k dps on frost spec and 24k on shadow spec. My results are not very good due to my bad ping. Maybe you have bad ping?

If you have better, lower ping than mine and could only do that much with your warlock then you should really go watch some tutorials on youtube.

ping matters but, class like WL, SF, requieres HM skills and elemental damage as well as badges to do real damage, for instance my wl has bale 7 same accesories 5msp ss, 3 raven ss does the same damage as yours, but my Sum same stuffs but has a bale 9 does 45 to 50k. These r my alts, they dont have any HM skills unlock or any badges.

• 3 months later...

lets do some necromancing ^^ probably frost wl, frostwl is fun, but it does no dmg till you get vt gear, shadow is the better choice if you dont plan on going maxgear soon. I have raven 6 + 8 bt ss (only brings sb cd from 1:30->1), bt acc around 55% crit and pull off barely 100k. The problem is, in msp+bt the wl was just a wandering buffmachine with low tier dps, they didn't change that for frost up to now, just with vt gear dps gets really good. Gunner instead does 30k dps when hitting 55. My gunner got raven 9 and slightly better gear, 150k is more like minimum dps, so the scaling seems to be the enemy of the gunner why i think they will get a buff soon or maybe incredible soulshield bonus.

Archived