How can this happen? bug? (have quest completed and NOT)...

Astarae

This is a problem that might  go away in less than 15 minutes -- though maybe not since it is a weekly quest.

I tried to do FAS -- @ end, corrupt thrall was defeated, got treasure bidding, I passed on all, and with various others, walking out, I left as well. 

Problem -- I got no credit in weeklies for having done FAS  It is still listed as an open quest.  So I thought to try again, but

it won't let me in.

Instead it says "I cannot enter a dungeon I have already completed."    On the character page, under "dungeons in progress", it lists FAS as 'complete', #4437. 

Ok, so how could this happen?  If it is completed, shouldn't it be credited in weekly?   Or -- if weekly doesn't recognize it as having been completed, then it shouldn't lock the dungeon and claim I've completed it?

I.e. seems both can't be right -- weekly is claiming it isn't completed (so no credit), while game things it is completed...

How could this happen?  Is this a "fluke" or does this happen "occasionally", but no one knows why, or what?

Is it supposed to be possible for a quest to be both completed and not?

Ideas?  Seems like it would be a bug, as it seems the game is contradicting itself, but...??  Is it?

Thanks!

Edited by Astarae

Did you get the quest before killing the boss? Because this sounds like you may have forgotten to receive the quest before downing him.

I've forgotten to receive quest for these weekly raids a few times before and thus couldn't complete weekies for that week, but those were my own fault. I've never got any bug like you just described.

Did you, by any "chance", happen to press 4 to respawn and load back while the boss was downed and killed? 
If the boss is killed during loading, it counts as finished but doesn't go towards your quest count since the quest counts the kill and it doesn't happen whilst loading.

This is the only reason this ever happens to me usually which is why you should avoid pressing 4 when you see the boss are close to 20% depending on how fast your pc is.

hmmm...can't say for sure, but might have forgotten to accept before going in...  I can't bring up the
quest dialogue in F8, so possible....

Wasn't the pressing '4' case this time....(had that happen once too)... 

Thanks much!

• 1 year later...

Hello blade ande soul, I am experiencing problems from the quest that I am running ... I have a bug unable to enter the location of the quest after I have teleported to repair the weapon, I have a problem with the quest at Capter 11 the grand enchanyeres ... please help fix the material, so that I can continue the quest ... thank you

45 minutes ago, Artoles said:

Hello blade ande soul, I am experiencing problems from the quest that I am running ... I have a bug unable to enter the location of the quest after I have teleported to repair the weapon, I have a problem with the quest at Capter 11 the grand enchanyeres ... please help fix the material, so that I can continue the quest ... thank you

Not related to the stuff above, so you could have made a new thread and nobody would have bitten you for it. Anyway. I don't remember the details of the quest you are at, but some give instructions on how to re-enter. Some tell you to talk to certain NPC, others tell you to enter through some place. Just check the quest journal (J) to see if it tells you anything there. IF everything fails, you may have to submit a ticket to support so they can help you enter it again.

On 2/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, Astarae said:

This is a problem that might  go away in less than 15 minutes -- though maybe not since it is a weekly quest.

I tried to do FAS -- @ end, corrupt thrall was defeated, got treasure bidding, I passed on all, and with various others, walking out, I left as well. 

Problem -- I got no credit in weeklies for having done FAS  It is still listed as an open quest.  So I thought to try again, but

it won't let me in.

Instead it says "I cannot enter a dungeon I have already completed."    On the character page, under "dungeons in progress", it lists FAS as 'complete', #4437. 

Ok, so how could this happen?  If it is completed, shouldn't it be credited in weekly?   Or -- if weekly doesn't recognize it as having been completed, then it shouldn't lock the dungeon and claim I've completed it?

I.e. seems both can't be right -- weekly is claiming it isn't completed (so no credit), while game things it is completed...

How could this happen?  Is this a "fluke" or does this happen "occasionally", but no one knows why, or what?

Is it supposed to be possible for a quest to be both completed and not?

Ideas?  Seems like it would be a bug, as it seems the game is contradicting itself, but...??  Is it?

Thanks!

Simple. You said there was bidding going on and in the 'weekly' dungeon which there is a mini boss and then the thrall, he drops nothing. More then likely you were in a VT raid and not a Weekly train raid.

People. Before continuing, do note the dates on the previous posts. That stuff was more than a year ago. But @Artoles bumped the thread to ask a completely unrelated question to the previous posting. I just answered his question and reminded him he could have made a new thread for that. Mind that if replying.