An honest question

Parabellumium

il y a 1 minute, Riss77 a dit :

The maxed soul never was meant for F2players from its introduction.

You can still manage to almost max it if you do events with lot of alts but it still takes months/years, and by the time you get to the current max they add X levels.

Exactly.So it fits ''pay-to-win'' definition.

By pay-2-win i mean; being able to purchase something that normal non-paying players would not have access to, and which gives paying players a tangible gameplay advantage.

If you are completely F2P players like me, the hardest thing to obtain will be pet aura and gems. All other stuff is farm-able in the game. They just take time and effort.

Especially pet aura, even some whales haven't maxed it out yet because the effect from max pet aura is not that outstanding, but it costs more than a maxed soul. Also, there is no way to farm the pet pod in game beside events or P2W method.

Right now, just find a clan that can do in-clan raid first and is willing to take new members to raid. This is important because all end-game content is locked behind raid in this game. You don't want to waste time to look for new raid every week.

à l’instant, FrozenB a dit :

If you are completely F2P players like me, the hardest thing to obtain will be pet aura and gems. All other stuff is farm-able in the game. They just take time and effort.

Especially pet aura, even some whales haven't maxed it out yet because the effect from max pet aura is not that outstanding, but it costs more than a maxed soul. Also, there is no way to farm the pet pod in game beside events or P2W method.

Right now, just find a clan that can do in-clan raid first and is willing to take new members to raid. This is important because all end-game content is locked behind raid in this game. You don't want to waste time to look for new raid every week.

Yes, upgrade materials are farmable and it takes time, but my initial question was how long it would take to max gears. By the time you get enough mats to max your gears, they no longer will be maxed gears...

Pet pods and Sacred oils are another story, what about gems? A single gilded triangle gem costs more than my whole account :)

il y a 6 minutes, Parabellumium a dit :

A single high-end item such as maxed soul costs much more than all those items you listed. 

Awk. Comis 5 -> True Cosmic requires 24 oils and 24 aransu orbs for... just 60% more of focus recovery. Knowing you have other accs helping at focus recovery + Awk. Cosmic 5 already recovers 100% of it, this seems to be a pretty pointless upgrade.

Yes I know, new soul stages should come at some point like in KR but for now that's literally a very optional item to get.

My point was literally that there is no need for very high-end items on this game. It's optional and is only increasing an already overkilling dps, at this day when I play with such players, even top-tier dungeons melts in a matter of seconds /boss.

And there's barely any incentive for them to run hard mode either in terms of rewards, you literally try to clear it the fastest possible for achievement and never do hard mode ever again anyway unless you like doing mechs. (sicne they're skippable/non-lethal in normal mode)

il y a 1 minute, Lyn Thunderfox a dit :

Awk. Comis 5 -> True Cosmic requires 24 oils and 24 aransu orbs for... just 60% more of focus recovery. Knowing you have other accs helping at focus recovery + Awk. Cosmic 5 already recovers 100% of it, this seems to be a pretty pointless upgrade.

Yes I know, new soul stages should come at some point like in KR but for now that's literally a very optional item to get.

My point was literally that there is no need for very high-end items on this game. It's optional and is only increasing an already overkilling dps, at this day when I play with such players, even top-tier dungeons melts in a matter of seconds /boss.

And there's barely any incentive for them to run hard mode either in terms of rewards, you literally try to clear it the fastest possible for achievement and never do hard mode ever again anyway unless you like doing mechs. (sicne they're skippable/non-lethal in normal mode)

I can agree on that, yes some endgame items are optional, you can clear all raids and dungeons with 1150ap or so. But when it comes to 6v6, even gems do play huge roles. My question still stands; is it possible to get high-end items if you don't pay?

6 minutes ago, Parabellumium said:

Yes, upgrade materials are farmable and it takes time, but my initial question was how long it would take to max gears. By the time you get enough mats to max your gears, they no longer will be maxed gears...

Actually you already know that as a F2player the answer is never lol.

If you don't whale you won't have the current max gear.

By the time you try to gather the materials for the current max gear they will already have released the next tier of weapon.

We still don't have the Aransu 9 and the Tacheaon weapon like Korea.

2 minutes ago, Parabellumium said:

Pet pods and Sacred oils are another story, what about gems? A single gilded triangle gem costs more than my whole account :)

well...it is hard to say for the time because it depends on if you are F2P or P2W type of player. Also, if you are F2P player, it depends on how much time you can spend on this game per day.

Yes, what you say is true. However, remember that whenever the new end-game content comes out, you need the latest gears in order to participate in them. Right now, we are pretty close to KR server in term of content (I think only about 6-9 months apart) and I believe this length of differences will be kept the same for the future. In last 2 years, NCwest had a lot of new patches every couple months because we had to catch up to KR server. As the gab is closer, the new content update will be slower as well. You will definitely have time to catch up with old players.

Sacred oils is farm-able. You farm evolved stone in SSP. Also, you can craft the transformation stone yourself very easily now. Pet pods can only be obtained from market or HM store (from pet pouches) or events. That's why it is P2W gear. It is the same for the gem. If you don't trove, there is no way to get legendary triangle gem. (to be honest, it is even hard to obtain octa gem if you are completely F2P player.)

il y a 15 minutes, Parabellumium a dit :

I can agree on that, yes some endgame items are optional, you can clear all raids and dungeons with 1150ap or so. But when it comes to 6v6, even gems do play huge roles. My question still stands; is it possible to get high-end items if you don't pay?

6v6 is probably one of the most unbalanced thing I've ever played in any f2p game. And that's a fact where even top Raven weaps are getting TRASHED by Ascendant ones, because the ascendant bonus is just hilariously ridiculous. 

And the addition of pvp accs + specific gems doesn't help at all. 

When it comes to your question, yes indeed, it's possible but it's most likely something newer will come when you get said "high-end" item. That's why I brought the point of being optional or not since it takes a lot of time to get to high-end tier.

And I forgot : yeah, as a f2p player, you'll also most likely have to pick between pvp and pve gear to upgrade, unless you have a looooooooooot of time to get both.

8 hours ago, Parabellumium said:

The answer is still yes.  With supporting environment. You have good ping.. ppl will look on you as you can do more dps than lower geared. You have supporting clanmates or able to make static party.. you can as you can farm dungeons all the time and gain the materials, if you have 10 hrs of playtime you can have alts and do weeklies and send materials to grow your main char.  The combination of all or just some of that allows you to have all of it while it still "hot". 

There are some examples i can give which some are famous on reddit... but as we know our rules forbid mentioning name as it could be considered an offense. But he did play long time.. got good support environment..a static party of his own full of aransu whales, a good clan that clears VT 1-4, he's not only have 1 but 2 alts now with near/max gear. He's playing from Japan.. 100ms lower than me.

Maybe you should change your question to "can i be F2p and get end game gear while it still hot ?"  You will get better answer. 

Archived