An honest question

Parabellumium

il y a 7 minutes, YungBlaze a dit :

If you one of those pay to win players you can get all that with the swipe of a credit card. Those players didn't wait 1yr to 9 months to get all that.

I dont mind farming and waiting a year to max my gears but by the time i achieve it, those items will be avarage level items...

As casual player (playing 1-2 hours per day) without money like me, I can say it's impossible. I'm playing this game from closed beta and few days ago I finally reach 1k AP on my first character. And I'm still somewhere in the half way for end game gear.

But for hadrcore gamer (playing 12-16 hours per day) with extra money it's possible. Maybe 3-6 months depend on luck I guess.

That's good man. I actually waited myself farmed all my materials and got to raven 9 and got my ring to awakened stage 1 and my earring to awakened stage 3. I'm just saving up all my materials for my Aransu weapon now. But good you don't mind farming. Its more rewarding to me to be honest

19 minutes ago, Parabellumium said:

I dont mind farming and waiting a year to max my gears but by the time i achieve it, those items will be avarage level items...

That has to be accepted.  Unless you got some boost by say paying stuff or supporting environment (friendly clan members or static party).   If you F2P and relies on F8 randoms and having problem finding raid (BT or VT) It's definitely gonna take a while. 

There is no actual reason on why one should get to max available ASAP unless people are being picky (insulting you because not maxed gear etc) You should play on your pace. do make aggressive move and upgrade but do it based on your ability and don't measure it with other people.

There is no reason why getting Raven weapon after cost reduction is bad..it's still a boost and to get to Aransu one need to get Raven anyway. Same goes for the other path. It's still a boost and you cannot be blamed or insulted because of it. You have full rights to defend your choice.

Im playing since January 2016... and now here is where i am with my main des.

https://bnstree.com/character/na/JoannaRamira

TBH getting Aransu ASAP and those gems would be nice but, no capability yet... i don't have real static party or supportive environment.

41 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

That has to be accepted.  Unless you got some boost by say paying stuff or supporting environment (friendly clan members or static party).   If you F2P and relies on F8 randoms and having problem finding raid (BT or VT) It's definitely gonna take a while. 

There is no actual reason on why one should get to max available ASAP unless people are being picky (insulting you because not maxed gear etc) You should play on your pace. do make aggressive move and upgrade but do it based on your ability and don't measure it with other people.

There is no reason why getting Raven weapon after cost reduction is bad..it's still a boost and to get to Aransu one need to get Raven anyway. Same goes for the other path. It's still a boost and you cannot be blamed or insulted because of it. You have full rights to defend your choice.

TBH getting Aransu ASAP and those gems would be nice but, no capability yet... i don't have real static party or supportive environment.

THere is a reason to get to max gear ASAP. That reason is 6v6...how else are people supposed to show whos peepee is bigger? o.o  (or in gamer terms: whos mom doesnt lock their purse with the cc in it xD)

il y a une heure, Shironeko a dit :

As casual player (playing 1-2 hours per day) without money like me, I can say it's impossible. I'm playing this game from closed beta and few days ago I finally reach 1k AP on my first character. And I'm still somewhere in the half way for end game gear.

But for hadrcore gamer (playing 12-16 hours per day) with extra money it's possible. Maybe 3-6 months depend on luck I guess.

I feel you. Started playing in 2016 January, since then i try to max my gears but in every two week or so there's a huge update, new items, new upgrade paths. And in every update, i feel a little bit left behind.

My point in this topic was to see if i had some problem with it or it was really impossible to reach high end gear without paying.

il y a une heure, JoannaRamira a dit :

Well, of course you don't have to have aransu and all other high-end items right away, it was just a rhetorical question. My point is, by the time they reduce raven upgrade cost, they implemenet another upgrade with new weapons/accessories (like aransu and in 2-3 week new elemental rings and earrings) and your items are still at average level.

That's why i made this topic, is it really possible to max your gear without paying even if you play, let's say 10 hours a day?

il y a 38 minutes, HateMe a dit :

THere is a reason to get to max gear ASAP. That reason is 6v6...how else are people supposed to show whos peepee is bigger? o.o  (or in gamer terms: whos mom doesnt lock their purse with the cc in it xD)

That's actually true, devs also force people to go 6v6 to get upgrade mats like moonstones and soulstones.

So it's like a vicious cycle;

-to get high level items you need mats,
-to get mats you need to go 6v6,
-to go 6v6 you need high level items

To get decked out gears like in the pic linked above for non paying players would take multiple thousands of hours. The amount varies based on your luck (with the dungeon/raid drops, with gambling things like the golden ginseng in windrest), and your social skills (to get into raids). But still, it's gonna be thousands of hours regardless. 

If you are a casual 1 2 hour a day guy who also doesn't cash in, I believe it's impossible to reach such gears. That sounds a bit depressing now does it? But I think it's true. Just look at the soul. True transcendent soul - that would set you back at least 30k gold (I believe it's over 100 oils at the cost of 250g each) or months of doing events for free oils - which translates into hundreds of hours. Now look at the VT necklace and king's glove. They each take about 1k moonstones to upgrade to full (yet the returns for such costly upgrades is quite small from what I've heard). So 2k moonstones for both of them. You can buy from market at the price of 5 gold each for 10k gold in total. Or you do 6v6, naksun, or daily dungeons, or peaches for them, which also would cost you dozens of hours if not hundreds to say the least...

Now the weapon. The most costly thing about weapon upgrades for especially non paying players has always been legendary elements, which used to cost 20 gold each, but now costs even more at 10 gold and either 30 soulstone crystals + 15 sacred crystals, or 12.5 gold and 25 soulstone crystals. And you need at least 200 elements to upgrade to aransu 6 like in the picture, which means 2k raw gold (not that hard to get) and a whooping 5000+ soulstone crystals... errr... By the way, NC just nerfed SSP (main source of soulstones) which makes the price of soulstone shot up to 60 silver each now. Therefore the soulstones alone would cost about 3k gold in total of you buy all 5k, or dozens if not a hurdred or two hours of grinding.

Look at the gems. One gilded diamond is like over 10k gold in price if you transmute it, or great luck during trove - but hey, you don't cash so you buy keys from other players and hope that you are lucky enough to get it... Boi...

I don't think I want to continue talking about this...

il y a 12 minutes, Thicc Stoccpot a dit :

To get decked out gears like in the pic linked above for non paying players would take multiple thousands of hours. The amount varies based on your luck (with the dungeon/raid drops, with gambling things like the golden ginseng in windrest), and your social skills (to get into raids). But still, it's gonna be thousands of hours regardless. 

If you are a casual 1 2 hour a day guy who also doesn't cash in, I believe it's impossible to reach such gears. That sounds a bit depressing now does it? But I think it's true. Just look at the soul. True transcendent soul - that would set you back at least 30k gold (I believe it's over 100 oils at the cost of 250g each) or months of doing events for free oils - which translates into hundreds of hours. Now look at the VT necklace and king's glove. They each take about 1k moonstones to upgrade to full (yet the returns for such costly upgrades is quite small from what I've heard). So 2k moonstones for both of them. You can buy from market at the price of 5 gold each for 10k gold in total. Or you do 6v6, naksun, or daily dungeons, or peaches for them, which also would cost you dozens of hours if not hundreds to say the least...

Now the weapon. The most costly thing about weapon upgrades for especially non paying players has always been legendary elements, which used to cost 20 gold each, but now costs even more at 10 gold and either 30 soulstone crystals + 15 sacred crystals, or 12.5 gold and 25 soulstone crystals. And you need at least 200 elements to upgrade to aransu 6 like in the picture, which means 2k raw gold (not that hard to get) and a whooping 5000+ soulstone crystals... errr... By the way, NC just nerfed SSP (main source of soulstones) which makes the price of soulstone shot up to 60 silver each now. Therefore the soulstones alone would cost about 3k gold in total of you buy all 5k, or dozens if not a hurdred or two hours of grinding.

Look at the gems. One gilded diamond is like over 10k gold in price if you transmute it, or great luck during trove - but hey, you don't cash so you buy keys from other players and hope that you are lucky enough to get it... Boi...

I don't think I want to continue talking about this...

533de970ee6567a034d170100f190c25d437c126

3 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

There is no actual reason on why one should get to max available ASAP unless people are being picky

On jinsoyun all raid ads I see lately ask for 1k+. Even DKV. That's exactly the reason one would like to upgrade ASAP. 

2 hours ago, Parabellumium said:

That's actually true, devs also force people to go 6v6 to get upgrade mats like moonstones and soulstones.

So it's like a vicious cycle;

-to get high level items you need mats,
-to get mats you need to go 6v6,
-to go 6v6 you need high level items

Well....the thing is thats why they implemented the moonstone / soulstone crystals. the raw mats are mainly used to craft and not upgrade. Imagine older accessories etc used to need 100+ moonstones to upgrade not moonstone crystals.

2 hours ago, Parabellumium said:

That's why i made this topic, is it really possible to max your gear without paying even if you play, let's say 10 hours a day?

The answer is possible.  The condition is of course like what i outlined above. Supporting environment.

17 minutes ago, Gennady said:

On jinsoyun all raid ads I see lately ask for 1k+. Even DKV. That's exactly the reason one would like to upgrade ASAP. 

Horrendous and unnecessary i should say. I have EU alt beside NA and it's hard to find party. and upgrade is even harder given no one or willing to join my lobby to dungeon. and i don't have my NA main feeding me with stocks there.

36 minutes ago, Milennin said:

Non-paying players aren't mean to get that kind of gear while it's still relevant, otherwise the whales would have nothing to spend their money on.

sure they would...on the costumes in rng boxes....Fashion & Soul!

U strange with your "max gear problems"... When I'm in new game I ALLWAYS go to the end 2-3 month, just enjoy game, story and all what its have to offer, farmerama I stopt to play when "they" made insted 1 large 4 smaller with 2-3 buff... And last 3-6 levels for "professional players 1+ year long" who farms 1 item only 2-3 weeks after its released. To "ceep it up" is enought 4-6 month per year. 5-8 hours daily, other you have free time to go look around... Use events right.

il y a une heure, Milennin a dit :

Non-paying players aren't mean to get that kind of gear while it's still relevant, otherwise the whales would have nothing to spend their money on.

I'm going with this.

There are a few items such as the higher stage pet or the gilded triangular gems that are actually optional. Yes it feels great if you deal 666.666/s of dps but probably no contents at this day needs such dps, even next raid is said to require like ~550k, and that's if we don't have a nerfed version with lower hp or anything actually, who knows.

Literally all you need that is "easy" enough to get for now :

- Raven 9

- BT accs stage 9, preferrably 10 for the Chaos/Punishment effects but you'd need at least 1k gold for the two profane stones. 

- Oath necklace at any high stage, for crit. Eternity belt at stage 6 seems enough.

- True starstone gloves still gives a fun bonus and it's not really expensive to make at all. King gloves aren't really needed in my opinion, dps is barely increased THAT much for what it costs.

- Pet hongmoon stage 6 for the HP recovery bonus.

- At least the top tier soul badge for your class. The legendary soul badge is indeed great but you'll need to do Scion's Keep most likely for the stones needed for the fusion, as the stones drop rate in IF are probably 50 times worst than engines.

- With latest quest that gives 9k peaches, getting a mystic badge is even easier than before.

- Think you get 5 piece of BT soul shield from that quest as well, so it's a pretty good start. And with the wings you get weekly/daily dash, you can also hope for trying VT 1, 2 or 3.

- Gems : hexas are enough, with penta obsidian.

- Most annoying part : get soul to at least awakened/true. (16 oils for true tho :/)

I still need to get the BT accs to stage 9 but these premium t.stones really are annoying to get. Even if you end up ruined because of RNG or you'll have to buy them for 400g each which is not a given seeing the upgrade fee for BT accs. (100-150g)

When it comes to contents, there's probably hard mode DD/HH/SM that can still be annoying but that's mostly because of the speed-kill achievements, the hard mode itself just requires mechs and even such gear can clear it.

il y a 26 minutes, Lyn Thunderfox a dit :

I'm going with this.

There are a few items such as the higher stage pet or the gilded triangular gems that are actually optional. Yes it feels great if you deal 666.666/s of dps but probably no contents at this day needs such dps, even next raid is said to require like ~550k, and that's if we don't have a nerfed version with lower hp or anything actually, who knows.

Literally all you need that is "easy" enough to get for now :

- Raven 9

- BT accs stage 9, preferrably 10 for the Chaos/Punishment effects but you'd need at least 1k gold for the two profane stones. 

- Oath necklace at any high stage, for crit. Eternity belt at stage 6 seems enough.

- True starstone gloves still gives a fun bonus and it's not really expensive to make at all. King gloves aren't really needed in my opinion, dps is barely increased THAT much for what it costs.

- Pet hongmoon stage 6 for the HP recovery bonus.

- At least the top tier soul badge for your class. The legendary soul badge is indeed great but you'll need to do Scion's Keep most likely for the stones needed for the fusion, as the stones drop rate in IF are probably 50 times worst than engines.

- With latest quest that gives 9k peaches, getting a mystic badge is even easier than before.

- Think you get 5 piece of BT soul shield from that quest as well, so it's a pretty good start. And with the wings you get weekly/daily dash, you can also hope for trying VT 1, 2 or 3.

- Gems : hexas are enough, with penta obsidian.

- Most annoying part : get soul to at least awakened/true. (16 oils for true tho :/)

I still need to get the BT accs to stage 9 but these premium t.stones really are annoying to get. Even if you end up ruined because of RNG or you'll have to buy them for 400g each which is not a given seeing the upgrade fee for BT accs. (100-150g)

When it comes to contents, there's probably hard mode DD/HH/SM that can still be annoying but that's mostly because of the speed-kill achievements, the hard mode itself just requires mechs and even such gear can clear it.

A single high-end item such as maxed soul costs much more than all those items you listed. 

The maxed soul never was meant for F2players from its introduction.

You can still manage to almost max it if you do events with lot of alts but it still takes months/years, and by the time you get to the current max they add X levels.

Archived