Forums

Snake dancer class

Mephalis

In martial arts the whip was a massive weapon that was always used before 600BCE. I think it would be very neat to have some class that utilizes this. 

Diffeculty: 5 star (warning this class is all about combos it's meant to be harder the. KNFM by 3 times)

Main Stance: Venom (PVP), FIRE/Storm/Wind (PVE)

COMBO 1 (all steps must be excecuted in 3 seconds) to work 

X: Lock on target >F wind up> F lash enemy >X +1: Whip burn, X+2: quick lash 3 times, Z+F Throws enemy into air > right mouse:  wraps around enemy foot: Right click: smashes into ground> FZ: yanks to you. Left mouse click: Kicks causing stun > FFFleftclickX1:  spins like a hurricane lashing everything around you, >X: spins around and hurls enemy 10 M

Z:  Whip stacks 5 poison doing 3k per second for 1 min, but taking self damage breaks venom 

V:  grabs enemy with rope, and ignites rope,  then lands 2 quick blows. X> hurtles enemy away' V> yanks enemy to you 

Z: [COMBO]: Z pulls to target: X: hops behind enemy, ZV> wraps rope around neck . LClick+ Rclick (same time) chokes enemy, causing 20K, ZZV+1:  causes mass bleeding and hurls enemy into air leading into combo X

Left Click:  activates stance power:  must be activated after every hit 

Right Click: whipes enemy applying the stance power

Tab:  Craze: time to pull of combos is increased by 5 seconds. 

1:  Throws a poison dagger and slows movement 

2: Summons a snake companion for 15 seconds. This snake causes poison stacking. At 10 stacks poison goes systemic and does 40K per second for  15 second.

3: unravel:  a weak hit with fist causes stun for 2 seconds 

4: light step: Gives 10% movement speed whip damage refreshes cool down 

Group Combo:  1) King Kobra: summons a snake that heals all allies, if snake dies it explodes doing 5 k (enemies take 5 k allies heal 5 k)

Weakness of this class:

This class can not have more then 20K health even with HM skills 

this class can not dodge long range attacks it must grab them with its whip

its range is that of the assassin making it a close range class

It is the slowest moving class 

Benefits:

highest dps class that has 100% critical chance

for combo freaks that find the game a tad to easy.

I appreciate how much you wrote for this; it's good to give people an idea of what the class would behave like. I'll ask a few questions and give a few suggestions to help further develop the idea:

What would the snake be doing when it's summoned? Can it attack, are there other commands to give it, or does it just sit there?

Does this class have any resistance abilities, like iFrame? You did a good job describing some attacks, but I didn't see a whole lot of defensive maneuvers.

Why did you decide the range of this class should be short? It seems to me (from the moves you described) that the whip is pretty long.

A few of the abilities could be underpowered or overpowered depending on the cooldown and/or startup times. Could you give us a few ballpark numbers on the cooldown/startup times of some of the more specialized abilities?

Some suggestions/criticisms: I think the weaknesses and benefits should be readdressed, the reason being that this game doesn't utilize specific things like that. It's just uncharacteristic. 20k health is not enough to survive in most PvE situations, let alone PvP. And having 100% Critical chance seems like you're saying they just have very powerful attacks; because, if they always crit, then one could argue that they also never crit.

10 hours ago, Kasumi Rose said:

if they always crit, then one could argue that they also never crit.

That's a really good observation. It would basically make crit stat useless for snek dancer and double damage -ish the standard damage.

But this class would be a bad idea simply because it would always need a tank and a good one. If you take aggro you're basically dead with 20k hp. A surprise aggro switch and boss hits you? Yeah good luck twitch reflexing that

So even tho glass cannon seems cool. A dead dps = no dps

The 20k HP thing wouldnt fly. besides that I feel you have a nice rough out for a new class. Keep in mind consideration of class balance/dungeon participation/overall impact/etc. There's a lot more that goes into class creation than "Here have a combo set, its pretty cool".

The snake does attack but it's attack is relatively slow. (Not the king Kobra).  The snake (both of them) act as your Iframe. As long as the snake is alive you can't really die. Kind of like the cat summoner has.   The snake will sacrifice it self if you die and fully heal you.  (50K health)

The king kobra does not attack- it does the snake dance (like in a hat) when it heals. It is a long range healer. It does not attack. It's health is 50K.

Defensive maneuvers are almost not existent.  You can grab long range attacks by using left click (it acts both as elemental ignition and as a range block with 0.3 second).  You can dodge attacks (Mallee) with ss, e, d as with all classes. 

The whip i not indiana jones long, but it is about 5m long.  I presuming that's the ingame range of the Assassins strike.  Again it might seem from reading it that the enemy goes high into the air like from blade dancer but this is not the case.  The air toss is like gunslinger throwing the enemy into the air.  It's barely 1m into the air when it's tossed. 

This is class in my vision is very aggressive.  It has a skill cool down of 15 seconds on all abilities other then joint attack- which is 25.  All dodges reset all skills due to its low health. 

20K is a ball park.  I understand that it might be hard to do any dungeon with 20K but that is the whole point.  The point is that if you mess up ONCE with mechanics it's GG.  I don't imagine this class is going to be main stream. But in game we have classes that are super easy like summoner, soul fighter etc. We need something on the opposite spectrum 

Can you explain more about the PvE aspect? I'm pretty sure things like sharing lighting in Desolate Tomb causes you to take more than 20k. I don't remember if you can iframe the damage or not. I see the PVP main combo, but how would you keep doing damage for raids rotation wise? 

PVE asspect as without dungeons should be do able to be with  much ease. Since the whip damage is generally really high.  For dungeons the snake dancer function is to open group combos. Kind of like how destroyer used to be able to pick up bosses.  The entire group helps to incapacitate the boss. Then the snake dancer can begin to juggle the boss.  The rest of the team can use their super charged hits.  (The aerial F skills learned at lvl 50). If another snake dancer is in the party- it can continue to juggle the boss when the dancer has finished its combo.  As such with 4 snake dancers it is possible to keep the boss constantly in the air. This allows the dancers to potentially never take a single hit.

Could you explain how Snake Dancer would fight in a dungeon like HiveQueen Vortex Temple/Temple of Eluvium where cc is only part of the dungeon mechanics to save the tank and the boss can't be air Combo'd or grabbed/pinned? Is the whip the main dps? 

Left Click:  activates stance power:  must be activated after every hit 

Right Click: Whips enemy applying the stance power

Is the class mostly lmb rmb then?

I suppose so: not much it would be able to do in a dungeon like that. It would have to hit mostly with just its whip. 

Left click is your element activator and your ranged grab. So I suppose but it does not do damage.  Hitting with the whip allow to stack the element in question. Since this class is DPS / opener its stance applies buffs.  

-> did not explain earlier since I forgot due to complexity but here goes

poison: reduces enemy armour by 1% up to 10 stacks. (In poison mode). So the class in such an instance would have to be really play a debuff role. 

Elemental: First hit applies fire, second wind, third storm.  This reduces speed, magic resist,  and last slows speed. 

So so the weapon hit would be 

Lclk-RCK (fire), Lclk-RCK (wind ), Lclk-RCK (storm ), : each hit applies 1 stack of its unique debuff.  

*** I hope that kind of answers that- also the snake can be made more powerful for this few dungeons.  (Aka give the dungeon boss a weakness to snake).  That would be all I can think of 

Archived