Literally Whole Community Wants 20g Option Back! Elements/Jewels

Wolfy286

Luckily for those of us that live in reality we have Mathematics.  The new change nearly doubles the cost of legendary jewels/elements if you don't have a surplus of soulstone crystals.

If you are trying to buy your items off of the market, (completely ignoring powders which are a pain).  You need what appears to be on 5 soulstone crystals per element, (I rarely got 4+ elements per transmute to the point it was laughable to think I should even factor it in).  So 25 soulstone crystals.  Soulstones are currently going for nearly 1 gold each.  That means I have to spend 25 gold in materials + 10 gold to buy the item.  So 35 gold for each element.

That means you have increased the price of legendary jewels/elements by 75% minimum.  There is no refuting this information.  It is not an opinion, or a preference, or what I think it should be or not be.  It is basic math and these are the prices of these items.  Maybe you like farming these dungeons?  Fine. you could have done that before.  This was an update that was veiled as a change to make the elements cost less, and instead the prices have been nearly doubled.  Now, maybe you have a stockpile of soulstone crystals saved up?  Good for you.  For those that don't our only option is to farm dungeons for weeks or p2win. 

This is an absolutely terrible change and every day this change remains in production is a disgrace that demonstrates the companies incompetence, and their basic ability to understand supply & demand when making economic decisions.

edit: and to be clear when I say you could have farmed the dungeons before.  I'm saying before we had the option for 30 ssc + 10 gold/jewel or 20 gold per jewel.  We now have a choice between 30 scc or 25ssc per jewel.  There's very small difference and since all means of acquiring legendary jewels/elements are now bound to ssc Soulstone prices have skyrocketed.  If you're going to give options they need to not be nearly the same cost and pure gold should always be a comparable alternative or you set no ceiling for the market.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, WeaselSoup said:

Luckily for those of us that live in reality we have Mathematics.  The new change nearly doubles the cost of legendary jewels/elements if you don't have a surplus of soulstone crystals.

If you are trying to buy your items off of the market, (completely ignoring powders which are a pain).  You need what appears to be on 5 soulstone crystals per element, (I rarely got 4+ elements per transmute to the point it was laughable to think I should even factor it in).  So 25 soulstone crystals.  Soulstones are currently going for nearly 1 gold each.  That means I have to spend 25 gold in materials + 10 gold to buy the item.  So 35 gold for each element.

That means you have increased the price of legendary jewels/elements by 75% minimum.  There is no refuting this information.  It is not an opinion, or a preference, or what I think it should be or not be.  It is basic math and these are the prices of these items.  Maybe you like farming these dungeons?  Fine. you could have done that before.  This was an update that was veiled as a change to make the elements cost less, and instead the prices have been nearly doubled.  Now, maybe you have a stockpile of soulstone crystals saved up?  Good for you.  For those that don't our only option is to farm dungeons for weeks or p2win. 

This is an absolutely terrible change and every day this change remains in production is a disgrace that demonstrates the companies incompetence, and their basic ability to understand supply & demand when making economic decisions.

edit: and to be clear when I say you could have farmed the dungeons before.  I'm saying before we had the option for 30 ssc + 10 gold/jewel or 20 gold per jewel.  We now have a choice between 30 scc or 25ssc per jewel.  There's very small difference and since all means of acquiring legendary jewels/elements are now bound to ssc Soulstone prices have skyrocketed.  If you're going to give options they need to not be nearly the same cost and pure gold should always be a comparable alternative or you set no ceiling for the market.

They gave very clear and reasonable options. The problem is the community rather just buy stuff instead working for it. This change basically rewards those who actually invest time in farming.

@FrozenB

16 hours ago, HateMe said:

Yes but the thanksgiving event had a ton of them and smart people used that to their advantage and made a very big stock of those to use.

I managed to get over 900 jewels and 650 elements this way.

^ This explains why you support this new change of legendary elements/jewelries in every post because it doesn't affect you at all while happy to see other people suffer from it. 

Will answer here since the other thread got closed LOL.

It does affect me aswel, since my stock wont last forever you know. But beyond that this change basically values work over gold which in my opinion is very good.

9 hours ago, HateMe said:

They gave very clear and reasonable options. The problem is the community rather just buy stuff instead working for it. This change basically rewards those who actually invest time in farming.

This is what you don't understand, we used to have an option.  Now we have no options.

The "options" are 25ssc and 10g, or 30ssc and 10g.  That's not an option.  It's nearly the same thing.  If you're going to try to refute the math please use numbers.  Because right now you are just full of bs.

9 hours ago, HateMe said:

@FrozenB

16 hours ago, HateMe said:

Yes but the thanksgiving event had a ton of them and smart people used that to their advantage and made a very big stock of those to use.

I managed to get over 900 jewels and 650 elements this way.

^ This explains why you support this new change of legendary elements/jewelries in every post because it doesn't affect you at all while happy to see other people suffer from it. 

Will answer here since the other thread got closed LOL.

It does affect me aswel, since my stock wont last forever you know. But beyond that this change basically values work over gold which in my opinion is very good.

900 jewels and 650 elements. Basically you can max out aransu and dragon forge weapon and then max out another 8 legendary accessories. Yes, you will need more in the future; perhaps maybe in year 2019 or 2020 or if you have 10 alts and all need to have max gears? By that time, we don't even know if this game will still exist or not. So, I don't even know how does this change affect you for now.

If I have few hundred of these jewels and elements, I would be also eating popcorn and saying this change is good.

On 2/20/2018 at 3:35 PM, Saidou said:

I expect this whole situation goes low on the radar for a week or two, till sacred supplies go really low, price will skyrocket, then we gonna have a real shitstorm.

Unless it will be perfectly timed with trove, then full respect to NC. ; )

It is perfect time for trove. Trove is coming in mid March, so they gave a bit more than a month of time to flush out all the mats in the game first. It is going well according to their plan.

il y a 9 minutes, WeaselSoup a dit :

The "options" are 25ssc and 10g, or 30ssc and 10g.  That's not an option.  It's nearly the same thing.

That's exactly the point, thank you. Alternative right now isn't being an alternative at all, which is a bit stupid. I really like the fact to re-use useless materials such as Jewel/Element powder, but the transmutation part is plain stupid. (at least its recipes)

Guys guys.. Calm down... Naryu Gold is coming up... When we will get Naryu gold there will be another changes on many things.Including Jewels etc etc...So just calm down and bit some more patience.We will get at the end just Kr server what is got.West servers are just 2 years old.This is normal and as I said do not worry about these things.

people saying bns wants you to grind more, i agree but not everyone has op gear, prem membership, or clan bonus to farm basin and get this over amount of pouches...its 30 soul stone cry per ele/jew... reducing the soul stone cry  to like 10  wouldn't be so bad cause at the end of the day we still gotta pay 10g more on top of the mats.

its like giving 6 for a 9 . they drop weapon prices then slap us with the ele/jewel prices. 

said the new pet pack system would make things easier to lvl up, yet its not account bound rip if you get it on a low gear alt , then come 2 months oh were gonna make it easier for you we ll make it bound to acc now .pet is the only thing helping you from getting 1 shot in bg now.

my point is everytime they try to make things easier theres always something to counter it , crafting for re selling is so bad right now, ask my friend to craft something for me after hearing the cost i just went to market place lol.

but i mean i want to up my raven lynblade from 6 -7 but after checking the price for the souls tones alone its way too high ...and the little crytals i get from 6 alts go so fast. no way a game should feel like a job ..you wont have time to enjoy the other aspect of it.

..whales will always be whales  so saying bns wants ppl to grind more makes no sense its literally thrown to whales in trove.. and just because you have alot and its not your problem saying they should keep it that way is just evil. then come f8 you complain about low gear ppl.

that mushroom event was the best i got my raven lyn blade from it from rift 1 to rav 6 , so its very rewarding to grind. just that i wont go over board for too lil. i still want to do my pvp etc.

dont be selfish everybody wants to enjoy the game too :)

2 hours ago, Sheral said:

In Korea is 1 g a pair of materials the legendary element if you do not believe me look at any of the guys who do stream in Korea to show you.

Do you mean 1g total for each of the materials needed (all soulstone crystals = 1g and all sacred crystals = 1g), or 1g for each item?

im doing pvp regularily and im swimming in soulstones

pvp is a thing here compared to other games (even for silver ranking, you would get 22.5 Soulstones per pouch on avg) :^)

ToI also almost always gives 10 Soulstones (or 10 sacred orbs but thats worth more money u could sell on market)

SSM always gives 1 lucent chest from dynamic + 4 from loot table

CS always gives 1 pouch + almost always 1 from loot table

if you do SOME things on a daily basis ure bound to stumble over soulstones/-crystals and its good that there is a way to spend them.
tho you could argue about the +10g that you still have to pay

Lol.  Nope.  Almost everyone?  What, did you take a CNN poll? 

Not everyone agrees, and I'll go as far as to add, a majority does not agree.  How can I say that?  The people I talk too in game, my clan, and in general, think the new "prices" for elements are just fine.

You see, not everyone is a whale.  People cane make soulstones faster than they can gold, by simply running content.  Hell, take a little time to run SSP and you have close to a hundred.  Add the earnings from doing normal content and you have the stones AND the gold you need too.

So please, have a little perspective.  You have no idea how the community feels at large.  Your focus is only on the whine and cheese crowd.

Net, net?  If you changed it back now, you would have just as big a contingent whining about how it was better this new way.

Gaming forums, they never change do they.

15 minutes ago, Yolie said:

Lol.  Nope.  Almost everyone?  What, did you take a CNN poll? 

Not everyone agrees, and I'll go as far as to add, a majority does not agree.  How can I say that?  The people I talk too in game, my clan, and in general, think the new "prices" for elements are just fine.

You see, not everyone is a whale.  People cane make soulstones faster than they can gold, by simply running content.  Hell, take a little time to run SSP and you have close to a hundred.  Add the earnings from doing normal content and you have the stones AND the gold you need too.

So please, have a little perspective.  You have no idea how the community feels at large.  Your focus is only on the whine and cheese crowd.

Net, net?  If you changed it back now, you would have just as big a contingent whining about how it was better this new way.

Gaming forums, they never change do they.

you're off your meds if you believe the majority of the community LIKES this change. You being a contrarian doesn't offer a different perspective. It's just false for the sake of being anti-complainer. Adding more options is a win/win regardless of where you fall on the fence and EVERYONE is paying. It still costs 10 gold no matter what, so why not let people with an abundant amount of gold, spend it without burning themselves out on the content? How would it benefit the company if the already linear content becomes even more grating? See how reason exposes willful ignorance? 

7 minutes ago, Enemy Silence said:

you're off your meds if you believe the majority of the community LIKES this change. You being a contrarian doesn't offer a different perspective. It's just false for the sake of being anti-complainer. Adding more options is a win/win regardless of where you fall on the fence and EVERYONE is paying. It still costs 10 gold no matter what, so why not let people with an abundant amount of gold, spend it without burning themselves out on the content? How would it benefit the company if the already linear content becomes even more grating? See how reason exposes willful ignorance? 

Lol!  Let Whales be Whales.  Sure thing!

And btw, where is your data showing us how the majority is against the change?  Any empirical evidence?  Of course not.  This is the same old-same old forum nonsense that happens in any game when there is a change.  And btw, we have a lot more important things to worry about in terms of game improvements.

Oh, no!  But the whales will leave!  LOL!  Yeah, right.  Whales aren't going anywhere.  It's the casuals, and newbies that you have to attract.  And they don't have 400-500 gold to pony up everytime they upgrade.  Ah, but they can make do with half that if the rest is in mats.

3 minutes ago, Yolie said:

And btw, where is your data showing us how the majority is against the change?  Any empirical evidence?  Of course not.  This is the same old-same old forum nonsense that happens in any game when there is a change.  And btw, we have a lot more important things to worry about in terms of game improvements.

Oh, no!  But the whales will leave!  LOL!  Yeah, right.  Whales aren't going anywhere.  It's the casuals, and newbies that you have to attract.  And they don't have 400-500 gold to pony up everytime they upgrade.  Ah, but they can make do with half that if the rest is in mats.

It can be proved by searching the websites and seeing the constant complaints. It can be proved by reading the chat and seeing the constant complaints. There has been numerous and active complaint threads on this very topic EVERY... SINGLE...DAY since it's release. You're being willfully ignorant but you ARE entitled to your opinion. I just wouldn't bet money on it. 

You also claim this some how hurts whales but benefits casuals? You're about as RIGHT as the direction LEFT. That couldn't be further from the truth and how exactly does grinding 3000 plus powders help a casual? That's one of the most masochistic, hardcore, time consuming, mind numbing, no life having activities currently available. In the time it'd take you to successfully level ONE legendary accessory, you could have leveled all 10 alts to 55 and mastered every mechanic in VT and BT. Explain anything casual about this? 

On 2/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, WeaselSoup said:

agree with you since this is the only logical demonstration of the situation . i think the game managers want to kill it or lose any new potential players . take me as example i have all mats for raven +9 but i need about 112 legendary elements how the heck i can farm the SSC for that !!!!!!!  for people who saying go to SSP or grind CB or farm masts for SSC . 1st of all grinding is not an option we ll already grinding dungeons so hard that we have no time for sleeping then B&S be like : lets kill them even more . so the only option left is SSP , what about low new ap players so they sink in this mud hole for ever trying to farm SSP and not even close to do enough DPS for any prestige points !! simple understanding for the change : game managers want t o kill it as simple as that .

*sry for my bad English 

On 2/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, Yolie said:

You said clan right?
Well let me tell you a little something. I've been helping quite a number of people gear up.
I don't mind farming, and I'm impartial to the change. Does that mean it doesnt affect me? No.

In fact, I've gotten Carpal Tunnel Syndrome farming ssc for this change :/

But that's whatever
Those beginners you were talking about attracting? Approximately 70% of my friends list is dead. The people i help?
They see the price on those, and say nope. Why? Because of the sheer amount of ssc you need.
If you're not a whale, most people won't help you. If people won't help you, it'll take you weeks, even months, to progress forward. That's coming from a raven lock.
If you can't progress? You're gonna leave.

Now what about those who stick around and manage to porgress past raven? Well, now there's a wall for Hive Queen.
And in a few months, there will be a wall for Taechun. The point is once you're behind you're done. Randoms won't take you in anymore, a large number either pay 5k or start from the bottom and wait months.
It's become a game of patience, and you're just another person trying to chip away at it.

This is just another example how NCWest early decisions backfire at them or maybe better said at us the community.

With all the content rushing they should have given us what BnS CN was using (p2w version or not, they got several better QoL than our version).

BnS CN had transmute option for [normal upgrade & legendary jewelery/elements] (transmute normal into legendary) that we could have used from the very beginning with the same powder materials. If we had use for those items, the community would have had a purpose to actually get powders stacked that they gained over time. I'm pretty sure most people just trashed it for a several reason such as: content rushed so fast, upgrading the current bis gear at the time was not too hard when u grinded and cost for elements was not worth it in general. So this method was left for dead since the beginning.

I personally kept like 50% of all powders i gathered. Yes, it was ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to keep weapon/accessories powders in storage because of max stack was still 1k. I trashed like 50% of the stack i had (I still got 2k each). I don't think I will be in trouble when I need to get legendary jewels/elements myself. I prefer to stack up hmc for the trove gamble in case i need them in the end.

Too much content rushing without changing the content logically.  With logic I mean adjust 1. quantity: amount materials needed, 2. quality: value per item. As well constant spoonfed just leads to too many unused potential for a more stable game community/market wise.

On 3/1/2018 at 6:17 AM, Laura099 said:

You said clan right?
Well let me tell you a little something. I've been helping quite a number of people gear up.
I don't mind farming, and I'm impartial to the change. Does that mean it doesnt affect me? No.

In fact, I've gotten Carpal Tunnel Syndrome farming ssc for this change :/

But that's whatever
Those beginners you were talking about attracting? Approximately 70% of my friends list is dead. The people i help?
They see the price on those, and say nope. Why? Because of the sheer amount of ssc you need.
If you're not a whale, most people won't help you. If people won't help you, it'll take you weeks, even months, to progress forward. That's coming from a raven lock.
If you can't progress? You're gonna leave.

Now what about those who stick around and manage to porgress past raven? Well, now there's a wall for Hive Queen.
And in a few months, there will be a wall for Taechun. The point is once you're behind you're done. Randoms won't take you in anymore, a large number either pay 5k or start from the bottom and wait months.
It's become a game of patience, and you're just another person trying to chip away at it.

Actually what you just listed is not an issue that a certain item costs X. The issue you are mentioning is the community and that has nothing to do with the prices.

If they dont want to take someone because of the gear, they wont simple as that, change the people first and then look for problems elsewhere.

i'm gonna start a new thread with a suggestion to introduce a 15G option for legendary elements/Jewels. As that's about how much the current 10G with regular elements/jewels comes out to with transmutation cost and soul stone cost.

they aren't bringing back the 20G option the entire point was to reduce costs, which although the new method did achieve, is currently bottle necked by the aquesition  speed of the powders needed to transmute

Archived