Literally Whole Community Wants 20g Option Back! Elements/Jewels

Wolfy286

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Wolfy286 said:

almost everyone agrees that the 20g option should be added back for Legendary Element/Jewels.

Personally, I'd agree.

However, something to think about:

How many people here have expressed sentiment against "whales" too easily buying equips and upgrades compared to f2p players?  W/gold only option, it makes it *easy* to effectively pay $$ to buy those things ($$->F9 => gold).  By removing the gold-only option, wouldn't that make it a bit harder for someone to simply purchase those things?  I.e. they need to figure out some basic game market and/or transmuting...

So doesn't the new system force a bit more game-play rather than just purchasing via $$ everything? 

Yeah, maybe it goes overboard in that direction, but...just thinking of possible reasons...

Maybe? 

When you do the quick math with these changes if you want to upgrade one legendary item from what ever place you need  +/- 100 legendary jewelers, so you need 1500 sacred crystals and 3000 soulstone crystals, thats a lot trust me. Now days gold its much easier to get then specific materials. Imagine now when you want to do pvp also next set of legendary items, thats so much farming its not even funny. The 20 g option should be just added to the existing right now and everyone would be happy. :)

34 minutes ago, Astarae said:

Personally, I'd agree.

However, something to think about:

How many people here have expressed sentiment against "whales" too easily buying equips and upgrades compared to f2p players?  W/gold only option, it makes it *easy* to effectively pay $$ to buy those things ($$->F9 => gold).  By removing the gold-only option, wouldn't that make it a bit harder for someone to simply purchase those things?  I.e. they need to figure out some basic game market and/or transmuting...

So doesn't the new system force a bit more game-play rather than just purchasing via $$ everything? 

Yeah, maybe it goes overboard in that direction, but...just thinking of possible reasons...

Maybe? 

So spam salvaging and transmuting the same items over thousands times = a bit more game play? That's a NO. Now, it is not convenient to both whales and f2p players because all of us have to go through these repeated process for few hours just to get enough of legendary elements/jewelries.  With these few hours, how many dungeons can you run and how much golds can you earn? 

Also, by the look of it, it seems to help f2p players; but in fact, it is not because f2p players have to either spend a lot more time into farming the mats (soulstone crystals and sacred crystals) than before. Remember these mats are required for gear upgrades and craftings as well. They drain up pretty fast. If people buy them from markets, they actually cost way more than 20g each from before. So now for f2p players, when they used their mats, they have to either farm for a long time or spend all their hard-earning golds to buy the mats. On the other hand, whales just have to spend more golds and time into salvaging and transmuting.

So, in the end, it is a lose-lose situation for both whales and f2p players. It will only become win-win situation when they have the exact same exchange ratio as KR server, but unfortunately NCwest just likes to screw people up with every new update they make.

19 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

So spam salvaging and transmuting the same items over thousands times = a bit more game play? That's a NO. Now, it is not convenient to both whales and f2p players because all of us have to go through these repeated process for few hours just to get enough of legendary elements/jewelries.  With these few hours, how many dungeons can you run and how much golds can you earn? 

Also, by the look of it, it seems to help f2p players; but in fact, it is not because f2p players have to either spend a lot more time into farming the mats (soulstone crystals and sacred crystals) than before. Remember these mats are required for gear upgrades and craftings as well. They drain up pretty fast. If people buy them from markets, they actually cost way more than 20g each from before. So now for f2p players, when they used their mats, they have to either farm for a long time or spend all their hard-earning golds to buy the mats. On the other hand, whales just have to spend more golds and time into salvaging and transmuting.

So, in the end, it is a lose-lose situation for both whales and f2p players. It will only become win-win situation when they have the exact same exchange ratio as KR server, but unfortunately NCwest just likes to screw people up with every new update they make.

I expect this whole situation goes low on the radar for a week or two, till sacred supplies go really low, price will skyrocket, then we gonna have a real shitstorm.

Unless it will be perfectly timed with trove, then full respect to NC. ; )

As I said already on some other thread similar : can't they just ask for jewel/element powders straight up ? Instead of wasting time transmuting. Again, it's about it being an alternative option, when in reality, you just keep using the same mat so I don't really see that as alternative at all.

I don't really care about 20g option since I mostly get jewel/elements through Trove and events (I got like 300 of each from Thanksgiving event).

However, I don't agree about the removal of the 20g option. It is always better to have more choices than less.

The powder path and the crystal path to make legendary jewel/elements require you to play the game, since they mostly use currencies and materials that you accumulate through daily basis. It is not bad for long-time players who accumulate tons of powders/crystals or currencies to exchange weapon/accessories for powder, and whales don't really care cuz they are whales, but it hurts new players the most.

I play three characters to do daily challenges and some other short dungeons in daily basis. With their combined efforts, I only manage to generate crystals enough to make half of a single jewel/element per day, provided I'm lucky with critical drop from boxes.

Lets break it down.

Average Joe, 1k ap, raven1, just got his bracelet and he want to upgrade it, obviously.

What he can do:

Farm Lair/Yeti:

Lets be very generous and each run will take him 5 min, he will drop 2ss/2sc, purple accessory and a pouch EACH RUN!

1 hr farming - 24ss/24sc, 12x acc's, 12 pouches + 12x acc's, 12 pouches from dynamic chest.

hes opening 24 pouches and hes getting 2ss/1sc = 48ss/24sc

hes salvaging 24x acc's and holy crap, lucky guy, hes getting 5 powders each time.

In total:

72ss/48sc, 120 powders, hes crafting jewels = 4 rolls = 60ss are gone, he got 12 jewels = 2 legendary jewels /hr.

And we know this scenario is so unrealistic, its actually funny.

So to upgrade his bracelet, he need ~50hr in ULTRA LUCKY IMPOSSIBRU CASE SCENARIO, the worst case scenario? ~100++hr

GL!

It's interesting how some people are close minded and think that either you are a whale or  you are a non-life to play 24h/day to farm like crazy.

Some people just do the dailies or the purple dungeons and that's it. From those alone one could get 60g atleast and buy 3 jewels a day and progress slowly, now you can buy one if you buy the materials. But sure if you aren't a whale or a non-life you should not progress in this game.

12 hours ago, Saidou said:

Hold on, you got 1,8k ss/sc from last week alone? Thats interesting, you wanna tell me you farmed  over 650k peaches? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p6s-1eOYkjJxjqtrGTVPtOCVfkQkETZb6Iy6gE9XAvA/edit#gid=1972860043

I smell BS, because this guy with 85% clan bonus, he got 15k peaches per hour.

Naah, you just trashtalk.

Learn to read sir. I said I have 1.8k left. Not that i farmed 1.8k. I usually get round 200-300 per day easily without much effort.

10 hours ago, Sayk said:

Then farm your most universal item with the plethora of options and buy soulstones. Problem solved. ?

No it doesn't because it's false advertisement at that point when you take that route of buying everything. You get price gouged a lot more than before for something that's a supposed cost reduction.

I already posted in another topic about it below, but I already did all the calcs the week this update came out. Making an apples to apples comparison of buying everything, at the time of that writing, 60 elements I was looking at would have cost me 2000g worth of materials, weapons, powders, transmute, and exchange fees. 800g more compared to just buying 20x at the old 20g price. 33.33g each element, over 50% price increase.

5 hours ago, HateMe said:

Learn to read sir. I said I have 1.8k left. Not that i farmed 1.8k. I usually get round 200-300 per day easily without much effort.

Please tell us how you are getting them ("200-300 per day") without farming ("Not that i farmed 1.8k")

14 minutes ago, Saidou said:

Please tell us how you are getting them ("200-300 per day") without farming ("Not that i farmed 1.8k")

SSP quests - they reward crystals and soulstones (easier and faster than farming prestige for hours) - on 3 characters

Daily dungeons on 3 characters (the daily reward chest usually gives 10 bundles of crystals)

Farming  in celestial basin 1-3 hours (depending on my mood)

I usually bid on the lucent chests in dungeons

Farming Lair of Frozen Fang solo a few times

They do not give crazy amounts but after repeating a few times a big number comes together.

5 minutes ago, HateMe said:

SSP quests - they reward crystals and soulstones (easier and faster than farming prestige for hours) - on 3 characters

Daily dungeons on 3 characters (the daily reward chest usually gives 10 bundles of crystals)

Farming  in celestial basin 1-3 hours (depending on my mood)

I usually bid on the lucent chests in dungeons

Farming Lair of Frozen Fang solo a few times

They do not give crazy amounts but after repeating a few times a big number comes together.

Thats really - " easy without much effort ". How long does it take? :D

I will assume and be very generous, and you finish dailies in 1 hr/char+basin ~~~ 6+++hr per day, haha, "easy without much effort"

1 hour ago, Saidou said:

Thats really - " easy without much effort ". How long does it take? :D

I will assume and be very generous, and you finish dailies in 1 hr/char+basin ~~~ 6+++hr per day, haha, "easy without much effort"

Actually it doesnt take that much time,. SSP dailies take a bit longer so i do them last. Regular dailies are really fast especially when its lament / lair / cold storage / mandate i can easily solo those. So all in all iwthin the 4-5h i have time to play during the week daily after work i manage to get everything done.

• NCSOFT

Thank you for your discussions regarding the Legendary Element and Jewel Dragon Express changes. We're continuing to gather your suggestions and provide them to the development team for consideration and we'll be sure to keep you posted with any information we receive.

Archived