Old DPS Meter?

Straxedix

Hello!

I saw a guy randomly linking old DPS meter (all 6 man damage) and i kinda got interested and went to settings and searched it upside-down to find it but nothing.

Later friend of mine told me it's about a program called bns buddy and it has that addon.

As i can see that thing works with xml which is 99% bannable.

So will my account get banned/suspended if i use old dps meter (old dps meter and only old dps meter and nothing else from that thing)?

It'd be cool to see all 6 man damage in party c:

Please honesty answers! :3

Dude... Are you streaming? Recording yourself and post online?

If not, then there's nothing that they can see.

Everything that is client side can't be seen by NC unless you show it. ?

This includes the trash xign who is there just to troll newbs and people who can't google. ?

Ncwest does not support modding. However if anyone will report you linking dps meter to chat on dungs where its not supposed to be on or someone see on stream( if you streaming) and decides to report you with evidence. Then yes you can get baned. But if you dont boast,show other ppl you have it and use it just for yourself no you wont.

Technically none of the casual player related mods are harmful since they're all either texture mods or harmless things like the dps meter. There is however the factor of certain people being a little too unsavory when it comes to dps and since we are trying to establish a quality atmosphere, it's best to not pull the devil by the tail by instigating unnecessary flame and bashing (hence it's best to not link it on a whim in case you're using it). 9/10 cases nobody would care, but you never know. In EU for example nobody gives a flying cricket about dps meter ratings and what not. As long as you semi-max out dps wise with the gear you have, nobody would ever comment on your dps. Of course that's something people will notice even without dps meter reading. It's not like you need a dissertation in order to spot when someone is slacking or just not that good with their class.

• 1 month later...
On 18.2.2018. at 7:09 PM, MassiveEgo said:

Technically none of the casual player related mods are harmful since they're all either texture mods or harmless things like the dps meter. There is however the factor of certain people being a little too unsavory when it comes to dps and since we are trying to establish a quality atmosphere, it's best to not pull the devil by the tail by instigating unnecessary flame and bashing (hence it's best to not link it on a whim in case you're using it). 9/10 cases nobody would care, but you never know. In EU for example nobody gives a flying cricket about dps meter ratings and what not. As long as you semi-max out dps wise with the gear you have, nobody would ever comment on your dps. Of course that's something people will notice even without dps meter reading. It's not like you need a dissertation in order to spot when someone is slacking or just not that good with their class.

Copppyyy passttee

20 minutes ago, romiocan said:

i dont see how dps meter is a bannable offence unless you trash talk someone else in your party and get reported.

Its a bannable offense because in order to activate it you need to modify game files which btw the TOS clearly forbids.

2 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Its a bannable offense because in order to activate it you need to modify game files which btw the TOS clearly forbids.

if it is then why 50%* of bns population using it?Do you really think NC would ban them all? NO..

17 minutes ago, romiocan said:

if it is then why 50%* of bns population using it?Do you really think NC would ban them all? NO..

Just because they are using it does not mean its allowed. NC never took an official statement to this as bnsbuddy which a lot of people use makes the game playable for some while for others its a very useful tool for cheats and exploiting.

Just because you can do something doesnt mean it is allowed. I suggest you read the TOS you accept every time you login to the game.

3 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Just because they are using it does not mean its allowed. NC never took an official statement to this as bnsbuddy which a lot of people use makes the game playable for some while for others its a very useful tool for cheats and exploiting.

Just because you can do something doesnt mean it is allowed. I suggest you read the TOS you accept every time you login to the game.

suggestion noted. 

you are likely to be banned if they bother to report you for using modified client as it's been stated on their first livestream that client modification wont be tolerated, I once had some cuck in party braging about dps of someone and he showed dps meter of everyone and said "that person did bad dps! you got carried!" I just couldn't stop myself so I reported them. So if you're like that guy that abuses the 6man dps meter to accuse someone then you are likely to get banned by someone in the party, but if you just use it without everyone know you should be fine, afterall dps meter is a personal thing, no?

NC already released an official statement on modifying game files when they addressed people wanting to use language packs. They said modifying game files and using mods is a use at your own risk situation as even ncsoft employees modify game files (they admitted to using language packs). So pretty much don't go around advertising that you use mods and it's highly unlikely that you will be banned. I haven't heard of anyone being banned for using dps meter.

Archived