Why aren't Pet Packs Account Bound?

Wolfy286

16 hours ago, YungBlaze said:

You have to get them as pet pods 1st then send them to your other toons

Except that you can get Pet Packs as well....packs. So no way to transfer them then.
We can transfer materials/Sacred Oil after the conversion from tradeable to non-tradeable.

This should also be the case for the Pet Packs

10 hours ago, Wataru said:

They aren't account bound because they claim to want to make them more available. If it's true just move the account bound ones to whatever alt.

You got something mixed up.

Bount to account materials are the reason why they can make them more available. Just as they did with Elysian/Sacred/Soulstone Crystals. 

Pet Pots = tradeable, hard to get

Pet Packs = untradeable, bound to account, easier to get.

They just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up again.

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 6:59 AM, Wolfy286 said:

They should be account bound like all the other *crystals* or w/e, like sacred oils, soulstone crystals, moonstone crystals and elysian crystals are.

SHOULD?  Why should anything be account bound?  Too many restrictions on trade => bad.  It's bad in the real world and the see little difference in a game.  Why should outfits become untradeable/sellable if you've worn them?  They are still same outfits of same quality.  So why "should" something else be account bound or untradeable?

47 minutes ago, Astarae said:

SHOULD?  Why should anything be account bound?  Too many restrictions on trade => bad.  It's bad in the real world and the see little difference in a game.  Why should outfits become untradeable/sellable if you've worn them?  They are still same outfits of same quality.  So why "should" something else be account bound or untradeable?

I can sum it up with "because f2p".

f2p doesn't require EVERYTHING be account bound....  it seems it would all be a matter of degree.

Assuming what you say it is true, how would 'you' (&others) feel about creating a supporting membership that would allow you to trade more stuff?  I wouldn't begin to know where the lines should be drawn, but on top of things being account bound, we also have many paying to level up equip, as well as incentives to spend too much in RNG-boxes for events/troves...  Does it have to be that every way of making the game more costly to play must be used to the maximum extent (I really don't know).  If number  of users decreases enough, then the answer will likely be "yes".  But are things at that point? 

Is it also to make money that everything has a complexified interface?  Why do I need to unpack everything, AND answer yes I really mean it on most things, THEN retrieve it, and then answer yes again to retrieve it.  Why not just a retrieve?  What about buying 'X' items -- why is my single purchase split into 'X' separate entries that I must unpack and retrieve?  Does that have something to do with money as well?  Seems if I can buy it together, why not let me receive it that way?

Or how about simple keyboard functions when entering -- like pressing 'TAB' to goto next field, or supporting

Cut & Paste in text?  Is every broken interface to make everything take longer in order to create more incentive to pay cash (in some way)?

1. No it doesn't, but making as many things as harder to acquire as possible helps sell trove keys. Why do you think people do trove? Cause they're charitable? Heh;

2. You mean how would I feel if the game goes p2p basically. I'm completely fin with that if it will make stuff more readily available and content updates more frequent;

3. Actually that's cause the database is dumb;

4. The chat is not MS Word or Excel. It's to provide basic medium for communication. Quite honestly, I wouldn't put it past devs to stop making chat systems completely and just make it mandatory to use discord with some embedding plugin. Afterall every dev studio is trying their best to avoid having communication segment in their game that's under their jurisdiction in order to avoid all the salt that will inevitably be thrown on them for it (cause there will always be someone who gets offended by some stupid thing and will make it their life's purpose to show the world how offended they are, the support team being the first line to take the salt bombardment). It's easier to just offshore the chat functionality and answer to every ticket with "this is none of our business". Easy life.

7 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

4. The chat is not MS Word or Excel. It's to provide basic medium for communication. Quite honestly, I wouldn't put it past devs to stop making chat systems completely and just make it mandatory to use discord with some embedding plugin. Afterall every dev studio is trying their best to avoid having communication segment in their game that's under their jurisdiction in order to avoid all the salt that will inevitably be thrown on them for it (cause there will always be someone who gets offended by some stupid thing and will make it their life's purpose to show the world how offended they are, the support team being the first line to take the salt bombardment). It's easier to just offshore the chat functionality and answer to every ticket with "this is none of our business". Easy life.

Was thinking "in general".  Having to constantly go from keyboard to mouse is fatiguing and slow.  Chat is a minor issue.  But as a good example:  when you enter an item or name, you are often (though, not always) given one or more  possibilities for completion.  If it's the only option, pressing TAB will fill out the remainder of the word.  But other areas could use improvement:

•  In entering prices where you need to enter gold, silver & copper in 3 fields. Would be useful if pressing tab would it would goto next field rather than having to click next field w/a mouse. 
  • Or when selecting from a drop-down, it would be nice to be able to use up+down arrows to navigate menu rather than mouse. 
  • Having a checkbox in y/n questions to stop asking for that  particular conformation. I.e.: "Don't ask this again".
  • When questions are asked, have the question box, initially placed within 1-2 inches (or 3cm) instead of on the opposite side of the screen.
  • One transition text says to just hold down a button down to reduce [click/button] fatigue.  But there are many areas where this doesn't work -- would be nice if non-working areas could be cleaned up, like using a stack of experience charms -- would be nice to just hold down mouse button and they'd be used as the timeout expired, vs. needing multiple presses (with most telling you to wait...)... 

Am sure there are many others...

On 2/19/2018 at 7:19 AM, Astarae said:

I think you're missing the poster's point. Not that he/she is agreeing with the change to make them untradable (which is what you are implying), but that IF they're going to make them untradable, WHY are they not conforming to the existing system of untradable materials that are also likewise account bound.  I see nothing here to indicate the poster agrees with the change, only that it should be inline with the existing system IF they are going to make such a change.

Archived