Please put this game available on steam

Kanojo

It will give it a huge boost in popularity. Right now game's good but not as popular as it can be due to lack of advertizing. And instead of wasting time on google ads, just put the game on steam and it will have a huge playerbase. I don't know why you are so passive NCWest, just talk to Ncsoft and explain them how Steam dominates the Western playerbase and that it will be cheap and a huge boost to put it there. Come on guys, stop being so passive and do something !

I'd like to see this also.

Their are other games on steam that are f2p an none or very little of the content goes on "steam" sale cause they have their own sales in game. Account integration is just linking your NCsoft account to your steam account. Many games do this now.

I noticed that on steam when some of the bigger f2p games have big updates it gets posted of the front store page and in the pop-up ad as well. The pop-up ad alone will get millions to pay a little attention to BnS or at least know that it exists. lol

2 hours ago, Gennady said:

It's not cheap. First, game should pass Steam Greenlight. Second, I believe some integration (login, payments) is required. And I don't think NCW gives a cricket. They are ok with current state of things.

Well, it's Steam Direct now... but still.

Honestly, Steam has devolved into a mess with so many asset flips, fake game, achievement spammers and other crap that, even if BnS was put onto Steam, you'd never be able to find it.

If it went on steam its recent reviews and all reviews would be mostly negative lol. And that is basically bad advertisement a publisher isnt willing to pay for because then theyd have to actually get stuff done to stop bad reviews and bad rumor spread of the game. Wont happen.

what is stream? i have never heard of it.

i know what consloe games are, they are all garbage, you cant even save games properly, you cant use a mouse, but have few keyboard buttons to play the whole games, and they have pulldown menus to give even simple commands... really bad.

Some of you are NOT wrong in thinking that Steam could be used as an advertising vehicle to generate more awareness of BNS' existence, resulting in more additional players.

However, there are also drawbacks and a few reasons why you should know, by now, that NCW won't put BNS on Steam.

The main drawback that would concern is, as existing players, would be the review system on Steam.

--Because a lot of us know how shady NCW's dealings are and because we know how big a pain in the butt a lot of STILL unresolved issues are in BNS, the negativity alone will most likely get a lot of negative reviews giving the overall Steam rating as either "overwhelmingly negative" at the worst, with a possible "mixed" review average, if you wanna take into account people who DO like the game and try to post positive reviews to balance out the negative review average. Whenever most people are "window shopping" on Steam, most people steer clear of most games that have the word's "mixed reviews" , "mostly negative", or "overwhelmingly negative", etc..

A lot of people will just post the bad experiences THEY had with the game, even when they had never even gotten a character to level 50 (HM1) or barely played a third of the main story.

I actually didn't REALLY start to like the game until I got further into the story and hit Lv50.

Other than the review system, we know how shady NCW's business practices are. The review system and "discussions" sections pretty much have to be checked by developers, and it would mean having to own up to a lot of the unresolved bugs and other issues, neglect with customer support, etc., and NCW is most likely not going to want more accountability, as if they had any currently.^^;

They'd need to spend more money in community management to monitor the feedback and forums on Steam, separately from their own website, which could've used a bit MORE work since NA launch. Notice how we still cannot customize our own portraits on the forums, but the guys running the show get to make their own, even with gifs...?

If they hadn't spent any money or put in more time and effort on their own site, you know they won't want to pay anything to put their game on Steam.

Right now, their shady dealings go unchecked, and they can get away with it all, with their own systems in place. On Steam, they'd have to answer to too much and I just don't see it happening. If it does, eventually, then that'd be great.

The review system on Steam is a double-edged sword, but along with the Steam forums, can make NCW more accountable in their practices, if they wanted to KEEP the game on Steam.

The gist of it is the negative word of mouth will spread more and more quickly than the positive word of mouth. And rightfully so, as players only bother posting their own genuine experiences with very few exceptions being trolls. Hardly anyone wants to troll a game they dont have a problem playing, which would in turn drive away prospective players. That goes against reasoning/interest/incentive. So idk wut the person above me is on about. Even if steam offered to put the game on their platform for free tomorrow it would get burned by bad reviews, yes it will get new publicity, but the bad one that it currently gets most of the time anyways.

20 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

The gist of it is the negative word of mouth will spread more and more quickly than the positive word of mouth. And rightfully so, as players only bother posting their own genuine experiences with very few exceptions being trolls. Hardly anyone wants to troll a game they dont have a problem playing, which would in turn drive away prospective players. That goes against reasoning/interest/incentive. So idk wut the person above me is on about. Even if steam offered to put the game on their platform for free tomorrow it would get burned by bad reviews, yes it will get new publicity, but the bad one that it currently gets most of the time anyways.

The poster above you was saying what you're saying, among other things. I was laying out the most likely scenarios that would occur if BNS was put onto Steam. The negative reviews alone would turn a lot of people away. Also, keep in mind that people who "purchase" or claim a copy of the game on Steam are not the only ones who can post reviews. Often, a reviewer will receive a free copy of the game, and their review entry will reflect that, but sometimes the reviews these people give aren't very fair and/or are only based on a very short time playing the game. There are troll's there, as you say, but sometimes they're just the kind of players who are like disgruntled employees, who just want to vent.

People tend to remember bad publicity more than positive publicity behind and product or service, or the companies providing either.

You might see reviews where they'll praise a lot of the good points of the game, but you'll see more bad things being said about the game, with it flaws, bugs, etc.. Some people might not give it a chance upon hearing such things and miss out on the good things that would probably more than make up for the bad, depending on HOW they choose to enjoy certain kinds of video games on a personal level.

The main thing I like about the game are the cosmetics and the growing variety of options with how creative we can get with our in-game personas.

Other people might not care about cosmetics at all and just want to play "good" mmorpg pvp.

Well, for me, I don't care about pvp, but I do like the pve parts of the game, mostly.

The other person might find pvp to be totally ridiculous and unfair, and give the game a bad review for that reason alone.

I might give a good review because of the stuff I like in the game.

Now, imagine that only ten people posted reviews like mine in the "positive" reviews section, for liking the same things, while a hundred people posted bad reviews for disliking the same things the other guy complained about.

My side's ten reviews might be based on different things compared to the other side of it all, where a hundred reviews are bad for their own reasons. This would make the scoring system for the reviews label the game on Steam as a "very negative" review average. Once someone who's never played BNS sees that, they'd probably pass on the game without giving it a chance.

This has happened with games in the past on Steam, so it's not a new idea.

Archived