Forums

OHHHH fps

hussam haytham

1 minute ago, SauronTheGreat said:

snip

Watch the video. Or better yet, understand it. 

We have someone suffering from bad fps, despite a mid-end system. I come to point out where he should focus on and what kind of suggestions he should ignore ... also that it can't be related to in-game settings since they are near to no impact, whether all max/on or all min/off. Then, you, out of nowhere claim that stuff i tell are wrong

Again, never said you were wrong, im saying its besides the point atm. For whatever your gaming settings are, the anti aliasing mode when set to use application settings or enhance application settings, increases fps performance as the two videos clearly show a difference in performance on the respective settings. You are using strawman tactics. Putting words in my mouth, saying I said something I didnt, then refuting what I didnt say in the first place.

Did the video not show exactly what I've been talking about? It did, plain as day and now you're resorting to red herring/strawman arguments saying I said something I didnt, then refuting that thing I didnt say. Utter nonsense lol.

14 minutes ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Oh, i see we will resort to trolling from now on, huh ?

Just going to ask for last time before i switch to your manner. How come those videos are related to my or op's points ?

They show the increase in fps performance with the anti aliasing mode being switched to enhanced application settings. If I used the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤/optimize game performance settings you did in your screenshot, ofc I will get much higher fps, however, if I use those same settings AND  set anti aliasing mode to override application settings I will get lower fps compared to if i  used the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ settings in your screen shot AND set anti aliasing mode to enhanced application settings or use application settings.  I have my settings on max/near max ingame and im basically getting the same fps range as your screenshots show lol, though thats besides the point, as my hardware can be different to yours.

Staying on point though, the TL;DR version: Anti aliasing mode settings, for radeon driver, on radeon graphics hardware, affects performance regardless of what the in game setting is for blade and soul.

Also, the idea that the videos both have zero plays on file just goes to show your unwillingness to see the point I'm trying to make, as you didnt even watch the video that proves what I've been talking about. 

odpJ2qV.jpg

XXomCmM.jpg

Just now, Katu Kat said:

... and you are still not even aware that i 've never mentioned about AA modes. It's already considered '' Application-controlled/off '' in a topic like this, it's already '' Application-controlled '' by default. No one gives a damn if '' Enchance or Override '' is better, when both activates driver-based AA and cause performance hit compared to default. It's completely irrelevant. Next time, quote or mention ( @ ''xx'' ) whomever you want to argue with. Posts without name mention or quote, are directed at either the last or the original post.

... and you are still not even aware that i 've never mentioned about AA modes. 

LyU8oCl.jpg

in a topic like this, it's already '' Application-controlled '' by default.

Nope, not always the case. Especially since we dont even know whether or not op is even using the dedicated graphics and not intel HD xD. If they are using dedicated graphics, we dont know whether or not they have anti aliasing mode globally set to override. Which is why the point still applies. And again, you never watched the vids to know what I was talking about from the get go, even up to now. But you've managed to come with a rebut saying what I claim doesn't matter or is besides the point, when all you've done from the get go was beside the point to begin with.

Lool nice exit strategy mate. Cheers

14 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

.... Should I post a video detailing the difference in performance with each setting on? Its seems as though its basically word of mouth/speculation vs hard evidence(if I provide the video)

Just say the word.

13 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

What's really stopping you, seriously ? -_- You could just post it to bring the house down. Not like you can prove anything against me with that mouth/speculation post.

Go ahead, show how you skyrocket your fps when you turn bloom off, how trash fps you get when you activate ambient occlusion ... how smooth your gameplay becomes when you choose '' prefer maximum performance '' in nvidia driver compared to '' Optimal Power '' ...

2dgumm9.jpg

33jmlgp.jpg

14xjfgk.jpg

23sacnl.jpg

Only thing that gives a small increase is Character Visibility ( last pic ) which reduces the amount of characters on screen. Ding ? ( Ctrl + f ). Graphic-related settings make no difference at all.

Now you go ahead, share your top-secret to skyrocket the fps ...

Have anything to say regarding this ?

So to share my experience. I was constantly bored with fps drops when I am at certain locations, so decided to purchase an ssd and some more ram to boost mine to 12 gigs for the lulz. So installed the ssd and ram, reinstalled os and moved bns to the ssd. What  I first noticed, my game now auto detects most of the graphic options to be 4 if not 5, with blur effects etc. And the fps ... at Munshin's Tower with all people around me I get constant 58. In dungeons with visible characters, pets etc I have stable 71. At open fields with hidden character I get 107-120. This is a huge jump from max 60. And the best part, this is done on either 8 or 4 gigs of ram, since my motherboard rejects one of the sticks. So ssd is quite an upgrade for this game.

5 minutes ago, Geneziz said:

So to share my experience. I was constantly bored with fps drops when I am at certain locations, so decided to purchase an ssd and some more ram to boost mine to 12 gigs for the lulz. So installed the ssd and ram, reinstalled os and moved bns to the ssd. What  I first noticed, my game now auto detects most of the graphic options to be 4 if not 5, with blur effects etc. And the fps ... at Munshin's Tower with all people around me I get constant 58. In dungeons with visible characters, pets etc I have stable 71. At open fields with hidden character I get 107-120. This is a huge jump from max 60. And the best part, this is done on either 8 or 4 gigs of ram, since my motherboard rejects one of the sticks. So ssd is quite an upgrade for this game.

Ssd is always a huge upgrade from Hdd.

But, dungeons without ctrl + f and 71 fps ? I assume you don't refer to during combat with a boss.

18 minutes ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Have anything to say regarding this ?

Yea, it was said 2 or 3 post ago:

I have my settings on max/near max ingame and im basically getting the same fps range as your screenshots show lol, though thats besides the point, as my hardware can be different to yours.

Continue with the derail if u so wish. I've simply offered a solution to op that worked for me, again, as the videos showed. As when I upgrded my graphics card and installed the drivers, it defaulted to ovveride appliction settings ;). So no, again, it doesnt always default to "off" like you assumed.

I even offered a solution if its another case where they are simply using intel graphics xD. Meanwhile you're basically saying the sky is blue over and over again. And again, a screenshot doenst really give the whole story. Anyone can easily change view at the ground then look up and take the screen shot right before the fps dips back down xD. Which is why I've opted to do a video. I'm not try harding as you so claim lol. And if tryharding means proving beyond a doubt what I've been talking about all this time, then ok, I am.

Now that you've seem to somewhat get a grasp of what I've been saying all this time, you're now playing it off as irrelevant, meanwhile you keep saying the sky is blue. Like, what else is new? If op is using override application settings for anti aliasing, then what I suggested will help them on top of whatever they do to increase fps. If they aren't using override application settings/default settings and have in game settings on highest, then sure, that's whats contributing to the low fps, but we dont know for sure because even op said they may be using intel graphics and if thats the case then they're more than likely to get higher fps/benifit with dedicated graphics in use and on top of that, set anti aliasing mode to enhance or use application settings or just having it in mind that override impacts performance heavily.(like the video u didn't watch/fully understand, shows).

51 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

I have my settings on max/near max ingame and im basically getting the same fps range as your screenshots show lol, though thats besides the point, as my hardware can be different to yours

Yea, its besides the point I've made multiple times now. Which is regardless of your ingame settings, if you override application settings for anti aliasing mode, on radeon/amd hardware, in radeon drivers, you're most likey to get a hard hit in fps performance. 

You then went on to say that it doesn't matter because anti aliasing mode defaults/is set to "off" or in other words "use application settings" which is not true. Not always true, as I've said before, I upgraded my graphics card from a lower end one to a higher end one and installed the drivers and it DEFAULTED to OVERRIDE application settings. The performance was LOWER/AS GOOD AS the lower end card I upgraded from  UNTIL I changed the anti aliasing mode setting, did it boost the fps up to expected standards.

1 hour ago, Katu Kat said:

You still can't put forward any counter-argument against my claims and keep raising hell about some irrelevant AA modes in driver. You first raged against my claim about how little-to-no fps impact in-game graphic settings make and i 've proven my point. You reply against it with some comparison videos of AA mode settings in driver '' Enchance '' or '' Override ''. How relevant is that ? It's none of my nor the ops interest and no, it's always '' Application Controlled '' on default. Get over it.

You keep trying to prove some seriously off-topic thing which i 've never mentioned about ... Why would i care if '' Enchance '' works better than '' Override '' ? Did i somewhere said '' Override '' works better than '' Enchance '' ?

Ok, we got your point ... your solution for the OP's having low fps despite everything being set to lowest/off (including AA), is switching his Anti-aliasing mode from '' Application-controlled / off '' to '' Enchance Application Settings '' with some supersampling added ... Funny.

Refer to my initial and second post. Stop derailing it to evade discussion. You are the one who raged at the claims in my initial post. I did my part and proven it. Now it's your turn to disprove what i 've claimed and proven ... not something i 've never mentioned about.

0P67eMg.jpg
Totally off topic. ;)

wnSuIuL.jpg
Basically my premise from the get go.

Totally off topic right? MMhm, so off topic that you bothered to ask for the video proof that I said I'd post. If it was off topic, why bother looking forward to evidence that is for or against what I'm talking about? 

I know why, its your strategy to basically discredit the evidence put forth, supporting what im talking about by dismissing it as irrelevant. Because if it was irrelevant to begin with, you wouldn't have pursued me in asking for proof. You are the one off topic here and besides the point because what you are advocating is basically the first thing anyone with a low end pc would do. What I am advocating is what most people would overlook presupposing that the settings are all optimal in the drivers by default. Again, that is not always the case and because of this, my point still stands, as it did from the get go.

Again, I dont have to disprove what you are saying because, again, I never said you were wrong. Just missing the point is all. Its really a darn shame this thread devolved into what it did solely because you're too stubborn to realise while what u claim is/may be true, is genuinely missing the point of OP's post. There is no need to run settings on lowest/minium off the bat if there is a possibility of eliminating what could actually be the problem and narrowing it down by process of elimination. You can continue gawking over your screenshots and links if it pleases you so. Again, they may/do support what you're saying but its based on the false premise that settings in drivers are on optimal settings by default. Again, for the 100th time, that is not always the case.

you keep trying to prove some seriously off-topic thing which i 've never mentioned about ... Why would i care if '' Enchance '' works better than '' Override '' ? Did i somewhere said '' Override '' works better than '' Enchance '' ?

Well thats what happens when one is addressing someone else and another person butts in with irrelevant points, doesn't it? Im not addressing what your cares or needs are as they are irrelevant and not the subject of discussion, they never were. If u were the thread starter then that would be a different story. The needs/cares of the thread starter is what I hammered on off the bat. See the screen shotsof the posts I made if you forgot already by the time you've finished reading this.

14 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

0P67eMg.jpg

First, stop spamming imgur pics while you can just quote the related post.

Second :

20 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

None of those AA options work for BnS. Even driver-based FXAA causes too many bugs and most other are very very costy.

Anyone can tell that this post was referring to AA settings caioc2 posted, as it's not specifically mentioning or quoting a name, meaning it's directed at the last comment. There is nothing in it about if mode should be '' Enchanced '' or '' Override ''. The whole sentence already means that it should be left as default '' Application-controlled ''. Which is completely true in regards to this topic. Driver FXAA blurs everything including UI and also causes character nameplates to disappear. Other forms also can cause artifacts/bug and except for FXAA they are all very costy. What is wrong about that statement ? What did you put forward to prove this wrong ? -Some comparison video of driver mode '' Enchance '' vs '' Override '', how can this be the evidence to disprove my '' quoted '' statement ? Not to mention both videos having crappy/unstable fps due to Supersampling, acting in favor of my claim instead ...

You are the one raged at my initial post. I have shown you my evidence and you stalk me with some irrelevant comparison.

Also, even though those videos are completely irrelevant to my statements :

Pics taken from the same camera angle, aimed at the same stable scene are much more reliable than some videos where you constantly move your camera in a scene that is constantly changing, not to mention the obvious attempt at keeping the angle away from the scene that has more load ( More fps impact ) in one of the videos ...

@Namifish

Then my NVMe SSD with 1400Mb/s read speed must be trash, and anyone with sata ssd (which cant go above ~500Mb/s) is trash too =(

@Katu Kat

From your last post with videos seems that you just ignored everything I have wrote, and hence you still have no clue how to configure the catalyst.

from your first video at 0:22 seconds, when you show the settings set to override, you left  both options: "Antialiasing level" in 8x (which is the most costly), and "antialiasing method" in supersample which again is the costly method. Basicaly what you are doing is enabling the costly AA method, while you should disable. Test yourself, set to override,  antialiasing level to "none" and the method to "multisample" and test your fps again.

Defeding your point is valid, as all of us are doing it, but if you dont read or dont understand what others write you are faded to do dumb things like that video where you try to prove your point, but you are exactly showing what I have said.

Lol now you're projecting, words like 'rage' and 'stalk' are nowhere near needed.  You're the one that seems to be riled up for whatever reason and now you're trying to save face. You quoted me, asked me for evidence, then assumed I couldnt produced it, the evidence was produced, it supported what I was saying and others here even agree with, then your hail mary was to discredit it by saying its irrelevant. And when I call you out on it you say im raging, try hard etc lol.

For the 101th time, your  argument falls apart because it is based on the premise that driver settings are defaulted to the optimal performance settings. And again, this is not always the case. Sometimes it defaults to settings that can mess up some games, bns is one of those games.

Pics taken from the same camera angle, aimed at the same stable scene are much more reliable than some videos where you constantly move your camera in a scene that is constantly changing, not to mention the obvious attempt at keeping the angle away from the scene that has more load ( More fps impact ) in one of the videos ...

Do you want me to do a video gameplay side by side with one using a specific setting and the other using the override? Or are you going to refute that too? xD Lol you're so full of it. And I said it before in a post that was deleted for whatever reason, I'll say it again...anyone can take a screenshot of an image showing a specific fps number and say "oh I get x amount of fps" simply by changing the view to say the floor or the sky, then moving it back to a high texture area and taking a screenshot before the fps drops back down. Which is why I said video footage tells a better story than some screenshots that can be easily manipulated to support or refute w.e.
claim one wants. This quote is sure to bring good laughs if posted elsewhere im sure lol.

29 minutes ago, caioc2 said:

From your last post with videos seems that you just ignored everything I have wrote, and hence you still have no clue how to configure the catalyst.

from your first video at 0:22 seconds, when you show the settings set to override, you left  both options: "Antialiasing level" in 8x (which is the most costly), and "antialiasing method" in supersample which again is the costly method. Basicaly what you are doing is enabling the costly AA method, while you should disable. Test yourself, set to override,  antialiasing level to "none" and the method to "multisample" and test your fps again.

Defeding your point is valid, as all of us are doing it, but if you dont read or dont understand what others write you are faded to do dumb things like that video where you try to prove your point, but you are exactly showing what I have said.

8xEQ* is most costly, not 8x. Be that as it may, overriding settings and using whichever level after, still gives worse results than if you used use application settings or enhanced application settings. When I installed the card and driver, anti aliasing mode defaulted to override application settings. The very last thing I did was set it to use application settings/enhance application settings. Before that, I lowered the AA level, changing up other settings etc with the last setting being anti aliasing mode, which did it for me, as in it gave me the best fps boost out of everything I tried, which was lowering graphics settings, changing other driver settings etc. And its not a matter of understanding what others wrote, from the get go, my very first post and my 2nd one after it I address all possible causes of OP's fps problems and offered solutions to them, viable, working solutions. 

@Katu Kat

I think you have some misconceptions about how anti alias works. You can simply override the application settings and turn it off aka "none" in the control panel, you can find a better reference here https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/catalyst-aa-guide.350890/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Radeon_Software_Crimson

Likewise. Your premise is based on the op still using the catalyst control/older driver UI. Thats not the case: 

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340

There is no "off" setting in Adrenaline 18.2.1 or 18.2.2(which is what i have atm). Nor is there any option that springboards you into catalyst control or any UI resembling such in these driver versions. The options that I showed in previous posts is what we both have to work with. Again, there is no literal "off" for anti aliasing mode nor any other anti aliasing method, it goes down to x2 for the lowest. There is no off.

This person seems just so angry that he can't accurately pick his targets. Still making assumptions as if i have ever mentioned somewhere about '' Enchance '' or '' Override ''. I don't care about when that '' sometimes '' happens as you claim. It's always default '' application-controlled '' unless the user changes it manually. AA modes are none of my nor the op's concern.

18 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

.... Should I post a video detailing the difference in performance with each setting on? Its seems as though its basically word of mouth/speculation vs hard evidence(if I provide the video)

Just say the word.

You 've replied as this, right after that comment of mine below :

22 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

None of those AA options work for BnS. Even driver-based FXAA causes too many bugs and most other are very very costy.

@hussam haytham If 20-40 fps is when you are in a party combat without ctrl + f on, it's pretty normal. Even in korean videos it fluctuates between those values. That's why even them always use ctrl + f in party combat and still they barely keep it between 55-65 ...

It doesn't matter if you have 120 fps while standing at an empty area. The important thing is the fps you get during party combat without ctrl + f on. If 20-40 is when you are idle, you might be running with onboard graphics which is quite common with notebooks. Making it to run on dedicated Gpu is easy for Nvidia, but for radeon it seems a bit complicated. If you are sure that the game runs at dedicated Gpu but still having 20-40 fps when idle, then you have a problem that no one in internet can find a solution for. Stuff like some settings in driver, unpark cpu, set priority, windows power plan to high performance ... These won't provide you even a single fps increase. They are all ancient placebo trash being spammed everywhere around internet ( not just for BnS ).

I get full stable +60 fps in Black Desert everything maxed. Here it's 10-30 if i don't put ctrl + f on. In-game graphic settings don't make even a single fps difference. Shadows-textures 1 or 5, extra/special effects all on or off, FXAA 4 or off. All give me the same fps.

I have perfectly proven you wrong in regards to the subject in that exchange and you keep constantly switching on to something way irrelevant.

So, you might want to re-read stuff and see for yourself how innacurate it looks, constantly speaking about '' Enchance '' or '' Override '' when it has nothing to do with the discussion between us.

I will just give a simple tip in regards to how forums work. You either take notice of these or keep attacking people randomly for the stuff they 've never mentioned about and be snubbed for no reason in the end.  :

If you are not specifically quoting, mentioning a poster then it's directed either at the OP or the last commenter. 

Nowhere in my statements there is something about '' Enchance '' or '' Override ''. I do understand that the situation is escalated too badly for you to simply back away. But, constantly trying to pull me into an irrelevant subject, making virtual assumptions in regards to stuff that i 've never spoken about, won't make it look any better for you.

@Katu Kat

I have used the catalyst for years, Im no used to the new names aka (Crismon and now Adrenalin), nevertheless it doesnt make  the configurations I said invalid. If you have tested the lowest possible AA level (2x actualy instead of "none") and the  AA method as multisample, you know that you will have a lot more performance than using supersample with 8x.

Anyway, I wont argue anymore. We are getting anywhere as long as you dont want to even consider testing the option I said, and so far you are not the one with performance issues, so let it go.

I mean, I saw a huge battle about settings and stuff, which I honestly skipped it all. However, OP's hardware is seriously low end, I'd think he really do want to spend some $ to get a better graphics card, one with more on board ram. Graphic fidelity is dependent on the GPU processing power, and just like a CPU, GPU needs ram too. So instead of saying you need 8 GB or 16 GB or what not, just get a better graphics card with more on board ram. Unless, everything is rendered by your CPU then ya, get some more ram, but I doubt it's the amount of ram that's bottle-necking in this case.

I'm just going to reply in general to a few posts. The Catalyst or CCC for Radeons is still there. Crimson software is just a front end to control all of that. I suppose it just makes a lot of things easier but it doesn't really matter.

I get 120,121 fps which obviously is the max and in dungeons 60-90 even in boss battles my fps rarely drops below 60. The only places I've seen it drop below 60 really is in towns with lots of npcs and players making for a really crowded area. Everyone here will have to realize that there is nothing any of us can do to fix performance problems. That's largely in the game engine and the game, as with many MMOs, using the wrong game engine for this type of game. The only way around it, as with most MMOs, is better hardware or simply uninstall the game. It is just a game after all so if it's not played, who cares? NCsoft will but the players shouldn't. There will always be other games to play. If someone doesn't want to or cannot afford better hardware then don't punish yourself by dealing with low fps.

17 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Ssd is always a huge upgrade from Hdd.

But, dungeons without ctrl + f and 71 fps ? I assume you don't refer to during combat with a boss.

That is correct, I suffer about 5-7 fps drop on boss fights.

16 hours ago, caioc2 said:

@Katu Kat

I have used the catalyst for years, Im no used to the new names aka (Crismon and now Adrenalin), nevertheless it doesnt make  the configurations I said invalid. If you have tested the lowest possible AA level (2x actualy instead of "none") and the  AA method as multisample, you know that you will have a lot more performance than using supersample with 8x.

Anyway, I wont argue anymore. We are getting anywhere as long as you dont want to even consider testing the option I said, and so far you are not the one with performance issues, so let it go.

You cannot test the option you initially proposed "aa level off" because it doesnt exist on the drivers the op has, see I paid attention to *all* the details. You keep harping on about catalyst when catalyst is dead(to the op at least)

As for x2, you get a performance increase from using x8 or w.e., but as I also said, many times before, I've tried that setting and the performance is still worse compared to if you didnt override anti aliasing the settings at all.

Im not saying what you're claiming is wrong either, I'm saying its also based on a flawed presupposition. In your case its the assumtion that op is using drivers that give them the option of turning AA levels/aa settings in the driver "off" which is what your link(the first one you posted) talks about and refers to. Again, as for overriding aa and using x2, the performance increase still isnt better compared to using application settings. In fact, its noticeably worse, I've tried it myself as I kept saying over and over.

9 hours ago, Southbeatz said:

I'm just going to reply in general to a few posts. The Catalyst or CCC for Radeons is still there.

Show me, where? Where can you find it in adrenalin driver version 18.2.1(which is what op said their driver version is) or 18.2.2, which is the driver I'm using currently? I've checked that before and its not there, at best you will get it on OLDER driver versions, which obviously isn't the driver OP is using. So tell or show the thread starter, where they can find CCC for radeon 18.2.1. Because its not there. It literally doesn't exist for that version of driver.

Archived