OHHHH fps

hussam haytham

Radeon Software Version - 18.2.1
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340

and I put all the graphics to low and low-end pc box , and i get from 20-40 fps and i have dropping fps .

how to run the game on amd graphic card because i think it is because i am running it on intel. 

Sorry to say, but this is a somewhat "low end" spec, running with 20-40 fps seems ok for this configuration.

If you want to improve your performace you need to get:

1) A quad-core or better CPU, prefered with high clock.

2) 16 GB ram, 8GB is not the best for the x64 client version.

3) A better graphics card, M340 is rly low end, I'm sure you would have no problem with a 1050 ti or better.

Finally no matter which config you have you would face stutters and fps drops, so I wouldnt mind about it...

Dude, we're talking about a 2012 game. How in the hongmoon would it require 16GB of ram?

but ok, lets assume it needs all that gear...

I'm here typing from the top of a GTX 1070ti a little overclocked now, and the game still stutters, still freezes and drops FPS to 25-30 sometimes.

Game is not optimized.

Coding very bad.

...or koreans have high end industrial/military class gear to play.

@hussam haytham

1) make sure radeon chill is off
2) create a profile for blade and soul
3) set anti aliasing mode to: enhance application settings OR USE application settings

Thats it.

Example:
esgKp51.png

The very first option, you either pic enhance application settings or use* application settings. The other settings u can pick whatever you want, it wont matter.

9e16wKR.png
This is the path to create the profile.

Cheers

EDIT: Im using an rx 480 8gb + r5 1600x + 16gb ram and I swing about 80 fps to 100fps in any instance on max settings. If its in a dungeon with people using skills or in mushins tower with alot of people, it goes down to about 50-60fps, max settings.

You guys going bitter on the "16 gb ram" with no reasom, as I said 8 gb isnt the best, on a PC with 16gb you can see your memory usage (system + game) over 10GB. Nerverthless I didnt said you "wont be able to run the game unless you have 16gb ram", so read what wrote not what you want to interprete.

Besides the game being lauch at 2012, it had many updates and tons of things added, which makes it uses more than 8gb combined with you system, as all of you said, the game is extremly badly optimized, which implies that you need more to do less, and so that's why you need a good PC to have mediocre performance.I also stated that you will still have stutters and fps drops NO MATTER WHICH PC YOU HAVE.

So calm down.

They only corrected you by saying you don't need a computer with 16gb to run the game flawlessly which is true so that the OP doesn't think they absolutely need 16gb and that having it will make such a huge improvement. This game does not go over 8gb simple, the only reason you would need 16gb is if you have a lot of other stuff running while you have the game open. It really isn't that serious. Btw you are really contradicting yourself by saying no matter which pc they have they will experience stutters and fps drops but then saying they need this and that if they want to see an improvement so really it won't matter what pc you have because it won't solve the OP's problem.

To the OP, if you care about good graphics such as playing on high settings or what not then I suggest upgrading your pc but if not then there is no point because you will have the same issues, a cpu upgrade "might" make a difference though. As someone with a gtx1080, i7, and 16gb I still have fps drops and stutters ever since the december patch but configuring some settings in your graphics control panel might help a little with the problem.

I tried this with 128 GB of ram and BnS managed to reach 8,4 GB of memory usage (all the processes it makes including xigntrash instances). That was the max I saw after I had the client running for 5+ days. I'd say it will run just fine with 12 GB of RAM on Windows 10 redstone 3. That should be kiiiinda enough to run the game, have a browser with 3-4 720p videos opened and teamspeak+discord.

Here's a note I'd like to make in this regard. The more ram you have, the less stress you put on your CPU as it has to command address clearing. When you have lots of free ram, it just uses that. When you have say 8 GB, it has to constantly clear pages of RAM in order to write new data, which depending on your CPU can cause stutters and fps drops (and if it's really crappy CPU, even permanent low fps).

As for what CPU is enough to run this game kinda comfortably - look for any CPU that has 8+MB L3 cache and over 500 million transistors per core, clocked at 3+GHz. If you'll be using a lower clocked cores, make sure they have more transistors (like the dies on server chips).

All im saying is for op, still being on topic and all that, to set anti aliasing mode to enhance application settings or use application settings and that should boost their fps in bns insanely. I'd if anyone payed attention, I think OP said they dont have problems playing overwatch, getting playable fps easily but for blade and soul it stutters and lags etc. That SORT OF rules out the pc not being capable at all of obtaining playable fps for blade and soul

Lol yes the game is unoptimized but, unlike some here, I've offered a highly likely solution to the problem. As I too experienced this problem when I upgraded my graphics card and this is what I did to solve it and I've never had problems since. Also if memory serves me right I think I posted such a solution here a while aback only for it to get drowned out with tangent stuff, some of it nonsense.

EDIT: Also this could help the problem you may be having: https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202305784-Changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-GPU-on-a-Windows-computer-

how to run the game on amd graphic card because i think it is because i am running it on intel. 

2 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

to set anti aliasing mode to enhance application settings or use application settings

For performance one should set Antialiasing OFF

Sidenote: Running the game on a intel HD 620 @ 1080p (which is the same as he have) would not hit 40 fps, I tested it myself standing still at Khanda Vihar, with all configs optmized for combat.

You can also take a look at the performance of the GPU R7 M340 on various tests, you cant expect much from it even after some tweaks.

Since you only get low fps on bns and no other game then it is safe to rule out that you need a pc upgrade. I suggest doing what katu kat said and try out both 32 and 64 bit while playing around with the settings. I'm pretty sure the anti aliasing mode is the problem. I was having the same issues with fps drops even in window mode on the very lowest settings and tried with optimize for low end pc even though I have a decent gaming computer. I ended up looking up bns optimization videos and changing settings in nvidia control panel and that fixed the problem, now I have a stable 90+ fps.

3 hours ago, caioc2 said:

For performance one should set Antialiasing OFF

There is no off toggle for the most current amd gpu drivers. Settting anti aliasing to use application settings is basically "off". This setting tells the graphics card to hand over the anti aliasing job(something to do with smoothing out edges etc) over to whatever application is accessing the resources of the gpu.

Setting it to enhance application settings is telling the graphics card that whatever the application is doing for anti aliasing, wait till its finish then enhance the quality of that. Which is basically "on" in a sense.

Setting it to override application settings tell the graphics card to take over anti aliasing workload fully. So when the application launches, it hands over the anti aliasing control to the graphics card most of the time your graphics card(if its high end or mid range) does a better job at anti aliasing than the application itself.

Which is why for any other game it I have it on override app settings, mmos, old games etc, where the graphics for the game cant get any better after its been maxed out, this is where you should either leave it as is or set it to use application settings, or set it to enhance application settings. Blade and soul is one of those games where max setting doesn't look noticeably better even at 4k yet still it cuts down fps so you're better off with the "use application setting" in bns case.

@Katu Kat

5 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

There is no off toggle for the most current amd gpu drivers. Settting anti aliasing to use application settings is basically "off". This setting tells the graphics card to hand over the anti aliasing job(something to do with smoothing out edges etc) over to whatever application is accessing the resources of the gpu.

Setting it to enhance application settings is telling the graphics card that whatever the application is doing for anti aliasing, wait till its finish then enhance the quality of that. Which is basically "on" in a sense.

Setting it to override application settings tell the graphics card to take over anti aliasing workload fully. So when the application launches, it hands over the anti aliasing control to the graphics card most of the time your graphics card(if its high end or mid range) does a better job at anti aliasing than the application itself.

Which is why for any other game it I have it on override app settings, mmos, old games etc, where the graphics for the game cant get any better after its been maxed out, this is where you should either leave it as is or set it to use application settings, or set it to enhance application settings. Blade and soul is one of those games where max setting doesn't look noticeably better even at 4k yet still it cuts down fps so you're better off with the "use application setting" in bns case.

I think you have some misconceptions about how antialias works. You can simple override the aplicattion settings and turn it off aka "none" in the control panel, you can find a better reference here https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/catalyst-aa-guide.350890/

14 hours ago, caioc2 said:

@Katu Kat

I think you have some misconceptions about how antialias works. You can simple override the aplicattion settings and turn it off aka "none" in the control panel, you can find a better reference here https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/catalyst-aa-guide.350890/

Read over my previous posts. These are the current options for anti aliasing:

ttVhZPe.png

1. Use application settings

Use application settings mode is the default setting and allows the application to control antialiasing settings.

Settting anti aliasing to use application settings is basically "off". This setting tells the graphics card to hand over the anti aliasing job(something to do with smoothing out edges etc) over to whatever application is accessing the resources of the gpu.

2. Enhance application settings

Enhance application settings mode works, like the name suggests, as an enhancement only and requires application based traditional antialiasing to be active. Similar to use application settings antialiasing mode, this option does not allow access to variable antialiasing samples and works by applying an additional antialiasing technique called EQAA or enhanced quality antialiasing on top of the application based antialiasing method.

3. Override application settings

This mode allows for antialiasing to be applied to most DX9 based applications regardless of application settings and allows for all the individual antialiasing methods to be used with full access to the antialiasing samples drop-down menu. However, when using this mode, any application based antialiasing settings should ideally be disabled because they may cause conflict and result in graphical anomalies or reduced performance. 

The third/last one is the one you seem to have a problem with, that one is incorrect. The other two descriptions still pretty much summed up the settings for the other 2. Either way, staying on topic here, the reason/point for keeping it off still stands. It usually decreases graphics/game performance which is why I advocated not to use that setting from the very get go.

The description of the 3rd only fortifies my point: 

However, when using this mode, any application based antialiasing settings should ideally be disabled because they may cause conflict and result in graphical anomalies or reduced performance. 

Blade and soul profile setting:
7F5i1FA.png

The point we aggre: AA(antialiasing) decreases performance

Some points I think still not clear:

Application setting - Lets only the application AA (if enabled in game)

Enhancing you are using the game AA and applying another AA via graphics drive - That's not good if you want more performance

Override - You freely chose what you want. Then you can set the "Antialising level"  to "none" (instead of 8xEQ in your pircure), which is the same as turning it off.

------------------------

The configuration in your last picture is far from optimized to performance:

1)You are using supersampling method for AA, which is the most coslty method (it basically render the image 2,4,8,16 times bigger and downscale to the screen size)

2) Anisotropic filtering set to 16x, is good for quality (make the textures less blurry when far away) but it is costly, if we are trying to get more performance one should disable it.

As far as we are going off topic, I think this last post explain what was missing and it's done.

Some interesting readings about AA methods (https://sapphirenation.net/anti-aliasing-comparison-performance-quality/,

None of those AA options work for BnS. Even driver-based FXAA causes too many bugs and most other are very very costy.

@hussam haytham If 20-40 fps is when you are in a party combat without ctrl + f on, it's pretty normal. Even in korean videos it fluctuates between those values. That's why even them always use ctrl + f in party combat and still they barely keep it between 55-65 ...

It doesn't matter if you have 120 fps while standing at an empty area. The important thing is the fps you get during party combat without ctrl + f on. If 20-40 is when you are idle, you might be running with onboard graphics which is quite common with notebooks. Making it to run on dedicated Gpu is easy for Nvidia, but for radeon it seems a bit complicated. If you are sure that the game runs at dedicated Gpu but still having 20-40 fps when idle, then you have a problem that no one in internet can find a solution for. Stuff like some settings in driver, unpark cpu, set priority, windows power plan to high performance ... These won't provide you even a single fps increase. They are all ancient placebo trash being spammed everywhere around internet ( not just for BnS ).

I get full stable +60 fps in Black Desert everything maxed. Here it's 10-30 if i don't put ctrl + f on. In-game graphic settings don't make even a single fps difference. Shadows-textures 1 or 5, extra/special effects all on or off, FXAA 4 or off. All give me the same fps.

30 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

.... Should I post a video detailing the difference in performance with each setting on? Its seems as though its basically word of mouth/speculation vs hard evidence(if I provide the video)

Just say the word.

What's really stopping you, seriously ? -_- You could just post it to bring the house down. Not like you can prove anything against me with that mouth/speculation post.

Go ahead, show how you skyrocket your fps when you turn bloom off, how trash fps you get when you activate ambient occlusion ... how smooth your gameplay becomes when you choose '' prefer maximum performance '' in nvidia driver compared to '' Optimal Power '' ...

2dgumm9.jpg

33jmlgp.jpg

14xjfgk.jpg

23sacnl.jpg

Only thing that gives a small increase is Character Visibility ( last pic ) which reduces the amount of characters on screen. Ding ? ( Ctrl + f ). Graphic-related settings make no difference at all.

Now you go ahead, share your top-secret to skyrocket the fps ...

Screenshots dont mean as much as a video capture as they're are still non moving and do not tell the whole story.

9 hours ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Go ahead, show how you skyrocket your fps when you turn bloom off, how trash fps you get when you activate ambient occlusion ... how smooth your gameplay becomes when you choose '' prefer maximum performance '' in nvidia driver compared to '' Optimal Power '' ...

And here we go, no one said anything about bloom effect, ambient occlusion aka maximum performance being the problem. I use max settings as ive said before in my very first post, which was on topic btw. See, you've already gone off topic and still didnt address the crux of the problem. You're in a mind lock so to speak. And its not top secret when I literally explained why the fps/performance is increased.

You're claiming what I said doesnt work and you've never even tried it, let alone on the hardware I speak of(radeon cards, radeon drivers etc) Which is the type of hardware op has so I saw the post and thought what worked for me would work for them also in some positive way. If you we'rent so caught up in your own ego you'd also see where op said they may even be using intel graphics which, if it is true, is actually the problem and not their dedicated graphics. Because if they get 20-40fps on intel graphics they're bound to get higher on dedicated graphics since what they have performs better than intel HD.

I'll do the video today and post it, keep calm dont fret.

38 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

Nothing ... just as i expected. I 've clearly shown that, there is no fps difference between everything max/on vs everything min/off. Graphic-quality related settings make no difference at all. You are relating to my comment with your post :

11 hours ago, Katu Kat said:

.... Should I post a video detailing the difference in performance with each setting on? Its seems as though its basically word of mouth/speculation vs hard evidence(if I provide the video)

Just say the word.

... and you 've just been proven otherwise. Still, i would really love to watch you try-harding with your in-dept comparison videos, lul ...

On 2/17/2018 at 4:35 AM, caioc2 said:

I also stated that you will still have stutters and fps drops NO MATTER WHICH PC YOU HAVE.

So calm down.

thats not true  that only happens if your game installed on hdd or a trash ssd but  since i installed bns on a M.2 Ssd (3+ gb reading speed)  since that i have never had any micro lags or mini screen freezes

While ago i was playing on a fx8320 and the game had pretty bad fps aswell 30-50 but then upgraded to an ryzen 1600 and now the game runs 75+ fps smooth anywhere even in raids but the micro lags stayed , then i got this new ssd and havent seen any micro lag since then and well i have an hd7970 which is quite old like 6 years now and 16gb   when i check ram usage is always above 8 + so is better to have 16 , and well ppl saying bns is badly optimalized well i guess then you guys havent played pubg yet is much worse in my opinion

35 minutes ago, SauronTheGreat said:

Nothing ... just as i expected. I 've clearly shown that, there is no fps difference between everything max/on vs everything min/off. Graphic-quality related settings make no difference at all. You are relating to my comment with your post :

... and you 've just been proven otherwise. Still, i would really love to watch you try-harding with your in-dept comparison videos, lul ...

Today isnt over, its literally been a bit over an hour and a half since I posted I would make the video lol. What is your problem? My main point from the get go was that what I recommended, boosts your fps regardless of your in game settings. At least it does so on amd/my hardware, OP has the same driver and brand of hardware so its common sense to put forth my proposal and see what happens. You come out of nowhere with your irrationality saying there is no fps difference with in game settings, talking about bloom effects, ambient occlusion etc. When ingame settings are besides the point of what I'm telling you works, I am attacking the issue of bad/lower fps at what I assume is the crux of the problem.

Never did I say lowing settings will not give you better performance. I never mentioned or suggested such. Read over and quote over all what I said. I am saying and kept saying regardless of whatever in game settings op has, if they are using radeon/amd hardware and getting bad fps, then switching the anti aliasing mode setting should help them out, as it helped me out. You've gone on a rant into making a point that attacks what could be a symptom of OP's problem and not the actual problem. Then you come attacking me about the video when today isnt even over yet lol. 

Anyway, enough talk here is the proof of what I speak of:

Anti aliasing mode set to override application settings

3. Override application settings

This mode allows for antialiasing to be applied to most DX9 based applications regardless of application settings and allows for all the individual antialiasing methods to be used with full access to the antialiasing samples drop-down menu. However, when using this mode, any application based antialiasing settings should ideally be disabled because they may cause conflict and result in graphical anomalies or reduced performance. 

As seen in the following:

Anti aliasing mode set to enhance application settings(when set to use application settings, it gives similar/negligible increase in performance in comparison to this) 

First, OP didn't say what res they were playing at.  4K or 1080p make a diff.

But main point -- why do you think it is graphics related?  I.e. most people find it is server ping/lag to be issue -- and

NOT lag caused by infrastructure (network, mainly).  I see ping time nearly double in battle (not based on # of players, but # of "units" (NPC or PC) doing battle.  Seems to be matter of server load and amount of data that needs to be updated before sending it to your client.

21 minutes ago, Katu Kat said:

Excuse me, but i must say. This is the dumbest thing i 've ever experienced in a forum. We have someone suffering from bad fps, despite a mid-end system. I come to point out where he should focus on and what kind of suggestions he should ignore ... also that it can't be related to in-game settings since they are near to no impact, whether all max/on or all min/off. Then, you, out of nowhere claim that stuff i tell are wrong. I prove you otherwise then you start babbling about if '' AA '' should set to '' Enchance '' or '' Override '', which is '' Aplication-Controlled '' on default. So, the guy who have bad fps, should also enforce some extra AA from his driver despite that already low fps, switch from '' Application-controlled '' ( meaning off, since he also disabled AA in-game ) to '' Enchance '' and expect his problem to be fixed ? Wtf is this ?

Over my first post, you get triggered because of my claims about in-game settings and placebo tweaks being spammed everywhere not making a difference. I prove you my point. Now you come up with something completely irrelevant and invalid.

Below are in regards to your rage-posts struggling to prove some AA-mode settings which are nowhere near to relevant to op or my posts :

40-55 fps while standing idle constantly trying to rotate your camera into blank areas, is not some smooth gameplay. Think it's not obvious what you are trying to do with your camera angle there ? It's very easy to tell that you have crap fps on both videos. Super Sampling is no joke ...

So again i say, none of those driver-based AA options caioc2 posted works well with this game. Either too much performance hit ( as seen in your video ) or artifacts, visual bugs. I 've mentioned nowhere about AA mode setting, if it should be '' Enchance '' or '' Override ''. The guy already stated that he put everything at low and still have low fps, meaning that he already uses '' Application-controlled '' = off. You are speaking about something completely irrelevant and i don't understand what you are seriously trying to achieve here.

My previous posts are still current and i bet my money on them. These two videos have nothing to do with the stuff i 've mentioned about.

Archived