Hongmoon skills in dungeons

Stormpooper

It's getting close to a year now since 4-man dungeons have been removed and replaced by "normal" and "hard" modes, which, however, is not the case for most easier dungeons where hongmoon skills are located. So I've asked around a bit about their drop rates. I don't know if this is confirmed or not, but most say the normal modes have 6-man drop rates whereas 4-man are just gone.  Personally, I have not seen a single HM skill drop since the change and those I've asked have seen ~1-3 each. But these people are just a small percentage of the community, so I decided to see what the market has to say and the situation is, very mildly put, alarming. A few skills only have 1-2 listings at a time, with most sitting at ~10. So, without further delay, here are the prices at the moment I am writing this:

Offal of Silence - 410 G
Atrocious.

Offal of Darkness - 650 G
Abysmal.

Retrieved Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 4

This used to be the BSH books, sitting at 20-100 G depending on class and time. You could also get them from Cold Storage merchant and somewhere else for special materials.

Now? Somebody said Naryu Foundry, I honestly have no idea. Anyway,
900 G
Appalling.

Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 2
Chapter 1 (Avalanche Den) - 49 G
Awesome? Shockingly cheap.

Chapter 2 (The Awakened Necropolis) - 1500 G (What on earth? or rather under? (sorry))
Agonizing.

Asura['s] Ember - 524 G
Lamentable (excuse me).

Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 3
Chapter 1 (Sundered Nexus) - 450 G
Wait Nexus still exists? And so do all <50 dungeons?
Abominable.

Now, there are indeed alternative ways to get them - pvp merchants and the Hongmoon Store (yes, events too). But these are supposed to be alternatives. Imagine you have 8 characters and want HM skills for all of them. Farming this in either pvp or dungeons hoping for drops would be too much even for a masochist (sentencing a prisoner to farm HM skills in dungeons is pretty much a synonym for life sentence).

There's also that one guy who got plenty of drops, and to you I say, congratulations. However, you weren't there when I asked around and you're also 0.001% (not sure how many people play this game) of the community.

Also consider that the ones who need hongmoon skills the most are people new to the game.

Overall, it seems to me that this is
lemongrab-unacceptable-1024x571.png

(I can hear him screaming).

So I would like to ask NCWest: what are you waiting for? I'm fairly certain you can at least increase the drop rates.

And I hear screaming is effective, so NOTICE ME.

I apologize for the really long post. I would give you all potatoes, but the drop rate is too low.

+rep for trying to give us potatoes. And yeah, getting HM Skills from PvE almost seems impossible. It's like NCSOFT is trying hard to encourage people to play more of PvP rather than just PvE.

I think acquiring the HM Skills through PvP merchants shouldn't be named as an "alternative" to acquiring them through PvE.  I believe the difficulty of obtaining it either way should be equal.

NCWest is most concern with Esports/Battle Brawl/Championships events. and those are only pvp events who give some advertising and marketing for company. And what generates more income for a company is advertising and marketing. The pve players give fixed income. These events give advertising and marketing and often a very high income and new partnerships. Business.

Right, I was too busy ranting so I forgot to add suggestions.

True, making account-bound or character-bound items for HM Skills does seem like their kind of solution. But for items as old as level 45, others 50, I think they should just let it go and let us get it for little effort. Just look at baleful/seraph tier of weapons now.

And it didn't even occur to me that it could be intentional, but if you put it that way I guess it makes sense.

They want you to buy the duelist bundle that is why the dreadful drop rates.  As has been pointed out, they are also focused on pvp and want players to go in that direction.  Forcing them to pvp or purchase HM skills is a business decision.  There isn't really an "alternative" for new players.   Swipe, pvp or go without. 

3 hours ago, Stormpooper said:

Offal of Silence - 410 G
Atrocious.

Offal of Darkness - 650 G
Abysmal.

Retrieved Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 4

This used to be the BSH books, sitting at 20-100 G depending on class and time. You could also get them from Cold Storage merchant and somewhere else for special materials.

Now? Somebody said Naryu Foundry, I honestly have no idea. Anyway,
900 G
Appalling.

Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 2
Chapter 1 (Avalanche Den) - 49 G
Awesome? Shockingly cheap.

Chapter 2 (The Awakened Necropolis) - 1500 G (What on earth? or rather under? (sorry))
Agonizing.

Asura['s] Ember - 524 G
Lamentable (excuse me).

Lost Hongmoon Secret Technique - Volume 3
Chapter 1 (Sundered Nexus) - 450 G
Wait Nexus still exists? And so do all <50 dungeons?
Abominable.

Shatter Mast - offal of silence - Can be easily solo'ed, but still take about 8-10 minutes for a clear. 410g

Gloomdross - Offal of darkness - Can be easily solo'ed, but still take about 11-15 minutes for a clear. 650g

Naryu Foundry - HM volume 4 - Can only be obtained in NF easy mode. Can be solo'ed with high gear player. 900g is the earlier version you get from BSH (which is tradable). Now, in NF, they are not tradable (but account bound). I hardly saw they went over 300g. Usually just under 100g. Also, I found that the drop rate is better if you have low gear players with less than 10 clears running with you in the easy mode.

Avalence Den - HM volume 2 - Can be easily solo'ed and only takes about 2-3 minutes for a clear. 49g

Awakened Necropolis - Can not be solo'ed, it needs at least 3 players to hold each of the cores (takes about 11-15 minutes) for a clear. 1500g.

Asura ember - Can be solo'ed, but takes a lot of time for the corridors before boss1. 524g

Nexus - Can be easily solo'ed, it takes about 8-15 minutes depending on your luck with the gates. 450g

You see why awakened necropolis dungeon HM skill book is the most expensive? It is because that dungeon is not solo-able, plus it is no longer in the daily challenge quest list. After the golds nerf for all the dungeons, all the geared player (including myself) won't even run this dungeon anymore. First, I need at least 3 people to run this dungeon to hold all 3 cores at the same times. Second, I have to pray that the other 2 players are not leechers/afkers. Third, I have to pray that none of the 3 players dc during the run. Finally, in the end of the run, you only get like 2 golds for reward for all the effort.

As you can see by the amount of golds, you can tell which dungeon is easier to solo than the others. Therefore, more people run those dungeons every day = more orbs or skill books available to the market, which drive the gold amount down.

I'm not quite sure how to reply to this, not to mention where to start.
how about
You're completely missing the point. I could go into depth here but I believe you did not take your time reading this or ignored intentionally (also don't quote that text, it doubles the length of the post unnecessarily), so I shall abstain.

But there are the KR 12.13 patch notes, where Gloom got 1 defense point removed, Necro got 2 points removed. Also, even though this was back in summer/spring I remember gloom wasn't really soloable since you either sit forever near the first defense point or go out, try to get some soldiers back and the defense point falls.

Now I'm sure you have something to say to this but if so, please make it concise and consider whether it's worthwhile and not straying off-topic. Either way I won't go down further this discussion.

Archived